No Guardians, Thieves, or Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

In any of the semi final games. We saw 1 mesmer and 1 ranger.

7 Revs
4 Eles
4 Necro
3 Engi
1 Mesmer
1 Ranger

LOL funny

(edited by Azukas.1426)

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

#NeedsMorePowerCreep

in PvP

Azukas.1426

#NeedsMorePowerCreep

#needsmoarrevnerfs

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Lol at all the bad ele players
“ohmugerd anet might as well delete ele! We’re trash tier without the 40% extra stat cele amulet to carry us, ele wont be run at all now!”

Yeah…..ok….

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Ele are full of bad players just used to rule everyone for such a long time.
I understand that they feel weak now.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I was kind of hoping we would at least see a single guardian, but I guess that likely wont happen till scepter, hammer, sword & the 50% of traits that are crap get some love which is unlikely to ever happen.

Sad that there is still so much stacking going on.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

“ohmugerd anet might as well delete ele! We’re trash tier without the 40% extra stat cele amulet to carry us, ele wont be run at all now!”

Yeah…..ok….

You don’t understand. D/F auramancer is elementalist in its most alienated state. It’s only a heal bot that keeps alive stronger classes. This has been known already; and it’s not the role true elementalist player wish to have.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I was kind of hoping we would at least see a single guardian, but I guess that likely wont happen till scepter, hammer, sword & the 50% of traits that are crap get some love which is unlikely to ever happen.

LB DH is too easy to counter. Unless there is another good DH build not revolving around LB, they won’t have the chance to be on the competitive scene.

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

easy solution
BUFF jalis and ventari for more variety !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
O_O nowwwwwwwwww

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

LB DH is too easy to counter. Unless there is another good DH build not revolving around LB, they won’t have the chance to be on the competitive scene.

Well, it can’t resolve around trap buffs. That’s for sure.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

easy solution
BUFF jalis and ventari for more variety !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
O_O nowwwwwwwwww

Well if we put it this way;

Hammer revs = 0
Jalis revs = 0
Ventari revs = 0
Non herald (core) revs = 0
Sword offhand = 0 (which i dont understand as shield is crap compared to sword oh atm)
Mallyx = idk, still carried by herald, crap on it own.

Ofc trying to ask for a buff to these will get you killed lmao

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Exciton.8942

easy solution
O_O nowwwwwwwwww

Hammer revs = 0
Jalis revs = 0
Ventari revs = 0
Sword offhand = 0 (which i dont understand as shield is crap compared to sword oh atm)

Well, at least Revs got a pretty good variety right now.
You see 3/5 legends being used. You see 5/6 trait lines being used. You see only two weapons not being used.

Now compared to other classes. How many of their utility skills are not used? How many of them got locked into 3 mandatory trait lines. How many weapon sets are considered useless?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Guardian/DH could easily be made better by buffing/fixing/changing Weapon skills (excluding LB). Traps are okay, a little weak competitively but they’re okay, Medis are okay.

Virtues are sort of okay except how they go on full cooldown if interrupted with no benefit (easy solution is to put the use triggers at the start such as the stability on Courage, and heal/condi removal on Resolve) and then having them go on full cooldown would be a non-issue. As well as making courage instant when traited. Minor quality of life changes there.

What really should be boosted though are the old weapons. Sword could be significantly more reliable, etc. Changes to the weapons is how I’d fix DH, and it’sdhelp out the base class a bit.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Anyone who played Revenant during beta weekends knew the class was going to be broken as hell.

The highest autoattack dps in game, their teleport is tied to an immunity window and does about 3-4x as much as a mesmer’s blurred frenzy, which is stationary and doesn’t give you 7 might stacks.

Medium health, high armor, the best heal in the game with glint, ridiculous access to quickness individually, and the one class able to passively stack 10 might and perma fury on himself before an engagement.

Revenant is like a thief with high armor, even better defenses, and more HP.

It is the culmination of all the class feedback for previous crappy core classes, made into an improved new class.

Meanwhile core classes only got elite specs as a real improvement.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

You see 3/5 legends being used. You see 5/6 trait lines being used. You see only two weapons not being used.

There are 2 mandatory traitlines for revenants Retribution and Herald.
Mallyx might be used in unranked but I don’t remember seeing Mallyx in the ESL.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

easy solution
O_O nowwwwwwwwww

Hammer revs = 0
Jalis revs = 0
Ventari revs = 0

Now compared to other classes. How many of their utility skills are not used? How many of them got locked into 3 mandatory trait lines. How many weapon sets are considered useless?

Except Mallyx needs rework bc hes a mess. What traitlines you see used are devastation/corruption (based on build), retribution as mandatory and herald as mandatory as well. Everything else doesnt matter.

Staff is terrible and mostly used for block and surge, then you have sword/shield (shield not really a viable choice nowdays) or mace/axe for condi. Then we have hammer which wasnt competitive and yet got nerfed thx to wvw putting it below trash level.

Idk but i dont really call it variety by being locked into shiro/glint 4ever and sword which is a mess.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Anyone who played Revenant during beta weekends knew the class was going to be broken as hell.

The highest autoattack dps in game, their teleport is tied to an immunity window and does about 3-4x as much as a mesmer’s blurred frenzy, which is stationary and doesn’t give you 7 might stacks.

Medium health, high armor, the best heal in the game with glint, ridiculous access to quickness individually, and the one class able to passively stack 10 might and perma fury on himself before an engagement.

Revenant is like a thief with high armor, even better defenses, and more HP.

It is the culmination of all the class feedback for previous crappy core classes, made into an improved new class.

Meanwhile core classes only got elite specs as a real improvement.

What year are we in?

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

I’d like to add:
All elite specs. No 3x core.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Azukas.1426

I’d like to add:
All elite specs. No 3x core.

Yes this is true as well and further confirms that HoT is P2W

in PvP

Exciton.8942

easy solution
O_O nowwwwwwwwww

Hammer revs = 0
Jalis revs = 0
Ventari revs = 0

Except Mallyx needs rework bc hes a mess. What traitlines you see used are devastation/corruption (based on build), retribution as mandatory and herald as mandatory as well. Everything else doesnt matter.

Staff is terrible and mostly used for block and surge, then you have sword/shield (shield not really a viable choice nowdays) or mace/axe for condi. Then we have hammer which wasnt competitive and yet got nerfed thx to wvw putting it below trash level.

Idk but i dont really call it variety by being locked into shiro/glint 4ever and sword which is a mess.

Well, ESL final says other wise.
You have devastation/invocation/herald on toker as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Eles always ruled because we’re full of far better players as we don’t rely of macroed combos or auto-locks skills on low CD, to beat a baddy using a healbot build never was a problem for anybody still…eles want to play something else than healbot, beating a baddy after a 5m fight it’s not what good players define as balanced gameplay

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Revs need some serious nerfs. Mesmers got absolutely wailed by the nerd bat while revs were at best scolded.

I agree with the mesmer nerfs yet where are the Rev ones?

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

Eles always ruled because we’re full of far better players as we don’t rely of macroed combos or auto-locks skills on low CD, to beat a baddy using a healbot build never was a problem for anybody still…eles want to play something else than healbot, beating a baddy after a 5m fight it’s not what good players define as balanced gameplay

anyone has anything to say beside LoL ?

in PvP

Posted by: Menem.4307

Menem.4307

Why bring a Thief, Guardian, or Warrior when a Revenant can do everything they can do and better?

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Why bring a Thief, Guardian, or Warrior when a Revenant can do everything they can do and better?

Need to make it so more than 1 is detrimental to the team. How ya do that is up to the ppl getting paid to do it

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I actually am sad that thief was not used…

not much can be done to help war and guard…
would like to see ele and rev RiP for a few months though out of the meta

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I have hated the idea of traps since they were first announced.

They are either extremely powerful vs noobs that don’t know how to predict and avoid them or crap vs intelligent players.

They should have given DH wells or necro style marks instead.
They would
1: Have no ambush so no QQ
2: Not be able to be layed long before hand
but
3: Be ranged
4: Share boons granted with allies.

All in all much better for high end and low end balance.

in PvP

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Guardian/DH could easily be made better by buffing/fixing/changing Weapon skills (excluding LB). Traps are okay, a little weak competitively but they’re okay, Medis are okay.

Virtues are sort of okay except how they go on full cooldown if interrupted with no benefit (easy solution is to put the use triggers at the start such as the stability on Courage, and heal/condi removal on Resolve) and then having them go on full cooldown would be a non-issue. As well as making courage instant when traited. Minor quality of life changes there.

What really should be boosted though are the old weapons. Sword could be significantly more reliable, etc. Changes to the weapons is how I’d fix DH, and it’sdhelp out the base class a bit.

This ^ core guardian both weapons (sword, hammer, scepter, staff), utilities (signets, shouts, spirit weapons & most consecrations), virtues & traits (nearly half) are crap that either need major love or to be scrapped and redesigned

in PvP

Exciton.8942

DH’s biggest strength is doing damage in teamfight and auramancer directly counters DH by providing reflection and AOE stunbreak. Now you also have scrapper bringing in reflective field. When two of the meta choices directly counter you, there is really not that much hope for it to come into play

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Was there a no profession stacking rule?

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Just some things:

1) This is the highest level possible. There is like 2 galaxies of difference in gameplay/teamplay between this final and like a random ranked game. So other professions/builds can really work well in a random ranked game, its just different to this level.

2) Dunno if you watched the insane pressure in assist and focus on 1 target and at the same time the insane support the focused player received by elementalist/engi. This change a lot of things when you consider only viable professions/builds they use at this level. It’s like 2 trains that crash each other ad insane speed, ofc they need the best options in this scenario. But this scenario is very rare to replace in a random ranked queue, so other builds/professions can work really well.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

I think they have been limiting professions stacking to 2 since the 5 d/d ele comp a long time ago.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Needed to have 4 different professions. They should have made it 5.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Well IMO Revenant could use a few nerfs, specifically Shiro’s Phase Traversal and Riposting Shadows, they are just to good and offer too much mobility.

As for Guardians, Thieves, and Warriors, they could all use some minor buffs, but I would REALLY like to see the buffs occur on the 5 core trait lines, and no more buffs to any Elite Spec Traits.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Kicker.8203

7 Revs
4 Eles
4 Necro
3 Engi

they all have to be nerfed. It’s funny that these were the strongest ones last balance patch too. Instead of buffing the most op classes or -in a better case- shaving them, they should be decapitated. Like why did they triple the dmg on rev sword2 if it was the most broken class’s most broken weapon already? Why did they buff (@thief) d/p more than s/x if it was already way better? Acrobatics shaving when its rubbish? Engi shavings? Necro buffs??

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

There are 2 mandatory traitlines for revenants Retribution and Herald.
Mallyx might be used in unranked but I don’t remember seeing Mallyx in the ESL.

Texbi played Mallyx, Toker played Invo instead of Retri, dunno if Levin too

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Kicker.8203

7 Revs
4 Eles
4 Necro
3 Engi

they should be decapitated

By this I did not mean nerf to uselessness but they need more than a shaving since they are way out of line.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Remember when everyone was scared as hell of thieves after the patch hit ?

And even Toker doesn’t run Thief in the tournament ?

That’s kind of sad. They need to do something heavy about shiro.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I find it amusing that I find playing rev rougher than reaper, scrapper, druid, daredevil, tempest, and dragon hunter and not all that dangerous to play against yet it still does so well at the top level. I guess the class is just has a higher skill cap then people give it credit for.
The forums also seemed to echo this sentiment as most of the complaining was aimed at reaper, scrapper, and druid. However now that pro leagues have shown rev to still be very strong at top level play, I predict everyone will start crying for rev nerfs and cite these matches as evidence for imbalance rather than judging off of their own experiences.
The same thing happened with dragonhunter in reverse last season. At first it was the most op thing ever conceived according to the forums, then when proleage teams stopped using them, the forums took a 180 degree turn and complained about it being under powered.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

musu.9205

I find it amusing that I find playing rev rougher than reaper, scrapper, druid, daredevil, tempest, and dragon hunter and not all that dangerous to play against yet it still does so well at the top level. I guess the class is just has a higher skill cap then people give it credit for.
The forums also seemed to echo this sentiment as most of the complaining was aimed at reaper, scrapper, and druid. However now that pro leagues have shown rev to still be very strong at top level play, I predict everyone will start crying for rev nerfs and cite these matches as evidence for imbalance rather than judging off of their own experiences.
The same thing happened with dragonhunter in reverse last season. At first it was the most op thing ever conceived according to the forums, then when proleage teams stopped using them, the forums took a 180 degree turn and complained about it being under powered.

so we should balance game around random people’s experience ?

“I guess the class is just has a higher skill cap then people give it credit for."
If higher skill cap comes from one of strongest heal skill ,one of strongest AA, then yes such a higher skill cap .

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

At the higher MMR levels it’s been overly obvious that rev is broken for quite some time.

Best blocks in game, extremely powerful heal, extremely powerful attacks, great evasion. You bet, with a bit of skill this class will wreck or stalemate anything. It’s been a running joke in half the matches I’ve played. I don’t know what game you are playing…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Ele is bad. It’s just that there was no need for other professions since 2 revs and a reaper is all the damage a team needed. No point taking a Daredevil or a Dragonhunter and Druids are mostly hybrid.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

7 Revs
4 Eles
4 Necro
3 Engi
1 Mesmer
1 Ranger

LOL funny

And this is exactly what happens when ongoing profession and “role” development is mostly ignored.

Players have been begging from beta for the devs to seriously work on professions, weapons, skills, traits, roles, certain combat mechanics… but it’s not a priority.

GW2 could be the top fantasy game for classes and combat, but that will never happen. I’ve never seen such potential wasted.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

7 Revs
4 Eles
4 Necro
3 Engi
1 Mesmer
1 Ranger

LOL funny

And this is exactly what happens when ongoing profession and “role” development is mostly ignored.

Players have been begging from beta for the devs to seriously work on professions, weapons, skills, traits, roles, certain combat mechanics… but it’s not a priority.

GW2 could be the top fantasy game for classes and combat, but that will never happen. I’ve never seen such potential wasted.

Well, it’s obvious that the elite specs are designed mostly for PvE and raids, which is fine. They’re awesome there and they feel great for the most part, but in PvP, it just can’t work like this (and Conquest isn’t the best mode ever, but that’s a discussion for another time).
I really think the game needs split balancing even if it’s confusing for new players. We don’t need giant mechanical changes, but certain cool downs and condition stacks can be increased or remain the same in PvE, but should be lowered in PvP.
Deathly Chill, for example: it could be even stronger in PvE and be fine, but it probably needs a shave in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Yeah…..ok….

You don’t understand. D/F auramancer is elementalist in its most alienated state. It’s only a heal bot that keeps alive stronger classes. This has been known already; and it’s not the role true elementalist player wish to have.

This. It’s not about the strength of the class but a role a team needed to round out their comp while other professions would just add redundancy.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Brazzi.2045

Brazzi.2045

Ranger viable confirmed #RangerDanger

in PvP

musu.9205

Yeah…..ok….

This. It’s not about the strength of the class but a role a team needed to round out their comp while other professions would just add redundancy.

So ele got a clear role which is not what you want to play as i see ,but ele does outclass every other classes on this specific role(it is the strength of the class no matter what word you try to use) .

I think it’s actually a good thing :one class is good at certain role ,now if only anet could give ele more roles which will be better also make other classes(like war ,guard ,mes) good at something else with the clear weakness unlike rev or scrapper (reaper’s problem is low risk/ high reward and overall power creep) .

but for the balance ,ele is more than fine now ,if anet is going to nerf rev ,necro and engi in a reasonable way ,they Do need to look at current ele build as well .

in PvP

musu.9205

Yeah…..ok….

And btw the so called healbot actually takes advantage of full build ,It is not like thief decap role pre HOT which is only used due to shortbow 5.

reasonable rework for ele is needed , but what u meant is more like some design flaws on ele class rather than being bad in current meta .

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Reapers were clearly high risk. Reapers went down more than any other profession in those matches. They couldn’t handle being focused and weren’t too impressive in 1v1s either. Scrappers were definitely the stars in these matches.

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

I think it’s actually a good thing :one class is good at certain role ,now if only anet could give ele more roles which will be better also make other classes(like war ,guard ,mes) good at something else with the clear weakness unlike rev

Rev is weak to condition damage and unlockable skills. In particular reapers.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari