No Guardians, Thieves, or Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Scrapper damage coefficients arent a problem.
That is a misunderstanding that they are.

If you try to balance scrapper hammer against a DPS weapon, they’re about right. However, scrapper hammer is more about defense and utility compared to most weapons. Slanting it so heavily in that direction brings into question whether its damage should be the same as a weapon which doesn’t offer that many extras over damage.

Reducing damage should be part of the trade-space just as much as reducing utility (increased cooldowns, etc) is.

You’re comparing the scrapper’s hammer with weapons used by classes that can use two such weapon sets by default, though. I don’t think such a comparison can even make sense. They’re likely to be balanced in a different way.

You have to consider the Scrapper’s Kits too; they can provide good defense and utility as well, which combined with the Hammer, can be pretty strong.
Is there any other weapon that comes close to as much damage + survivability? Yes, I realize the others are ranged, but it should all be considered.

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

You have to consider the Scrapper’s Kits too; they can provide good defense and utility as well, which combined with the Hammer, can be pretty strong.
Is there any other weapon that comes close to as much damage + survivability? Yes, I realize the others are ranged, but it should all be considered.

Kits are optional, though – they aren’t given by default like weapon sets or other class main mechanics are. They shouldn’t dictate the balance of the class as a whole, but just their own.
You could make such a comparison with the toolbelt instead. And given that the engineer isn’t the only one having F-skills (guardian gets three signet-like skills, for example) while still being the only one missing a second weapon set (albeit that’s not completely correct either, as elementalists miss a second one too, but gets the attunement system instead) i doubt that it would warrant its single weapon being balanced like any others, either.
We do have a similar example with elementalists, albeit in the opposite spectrum. Being warranted far more skills by default than any other class, those skills are balanced differently as well.

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Kits are optional, though – they aren’t given by default like weapon sets or other class main mechanics are. They shouldn’t dictate the balance of the class as a whole, but just their own.
You could make such a comparison with the toolbelt instead. And given that the engineer isn’t the only one having F-skills (guardian gets three signet-like skills, for example) while still being the only one missing a second weapon set (albeit that’s not completely correct either, as elementalists miss a second one too, but gets the attunement system instead) i doubt that it would warrant its single weapon being balanced like any others, either.
We do have a similar example with elementalists, albeit in the opposite spectrum. Being warranted far more skills by default than any other class, those skills are balanced differently as well.

Yea, Elementalist tends to have much weaker skills than normal.
Scrapper’s Hammer seems stronger than most regular weapons, not even taking into account the added utility and defense of toolbelt skills and kits that can be chained together.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Scrapper hammer is a ranger gs on steroids – thats how i see this weapon.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Scrappers are performing greater than they should be in terms of overall game balance. Being able to have that much survivability and sustain while wearing a marauder amulet is the red flag to alert us to being too strong.

I do not have a problem with them having that much damage while wearing a glass amulet nor do I have a problem with them being extremely hard to kill…..just not all while wearing a glass amulet. The culprit is the amount of survivability they obtain w/out having to rely on the amulet. That is wrong and ALWAYS leads to a class over performing.

So Anet needs to either 1. Remove the damage or 2. Nerf the survivability

IDC which they choose they just need to fix it for the good of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

DH’s biggest strength is doing damage in teamfight and auramancer directly counters DH by providing reflection and AOE stunbreak. Now you also have scrapper bringing in reflective field. When two of the meta choices directly counter you, there is really not that much hope for it to come into play

This guy gets it.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

haha what a surprise! The broken classes are at the top, I was right. Did anyone really think that thieves were going to be a threat? I was surprised about elementalists though.
A gunflame warrior can handle reapers if he’s good enough.

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

In line? you’re kidding right? Aegis, you seriously contend that’s worth anything?

Shield got multiple nerfs.

Alacrity has been crushed so far as to be worthless in pvp, though I run it in dungeons sometimes. I run teaching paths and the noobs need that and the double tw and /or [FeedBack] sometimes.

Rev has a block comparable to old shield, as does engi. Hell… some of the guardian blocks are close. Warrior probably has similar though I don’t play it often enough to know for sure. Daredevil has perma evade and a killer auto attack. In the case of engi they also have an elixir that does basically the same thing. Oh and they have better tanking than a pre nerf chronomancer.

How was shield or well bad again?

The other thing is this. ANET destroyed most of what Mesmer had. Witness the pro players.

Chaith mocked me pre patch saying I was paranoid and that Mesmer would be strong post patch. He was dead wrong. I Abjure his statements.

ANET has a long history of nerfing Mesmer very hard and leaving it broken for months or in some cases literally years.

Dude, I hope you realize that we have prepubescent kid who have yet to develop their frontal cortex. I mean, it doesn’t take rocket science; this game has 9 class so , at least , 4 classes are garanteed to be left out.

so, in other real esports games like Dota and LOL, how many champs/heros do they have? Are you saying it’s norm that always the same ones that wins championships? Both games have better balance with more variety to heroes/champs, but Anet only have 9 to work it and yet they cant get their kitten together to have proper balance.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

I mean, it doesn’t take rocket science; this game has 9 class so , at least , 4 classes are garanteed to be left out.

Thats does not have to be correct at all.
Previous season only Warrior and to some extend Thief were left out (as in low to no rep).

It could be that all 9 are part of it with noone left out.
Like if several different combinations of classes work well.
That way none would be left out.

in PvP

Manuhell.2759

Scrapper’s Hammer seems stronger than most regular weapons

You do realize those statements together prove exactly what i’m talking about?

not even taking into account the added utility and defense of toolbelt skills

But as i said above, engineers aren’t the only ones having F-skills, while being the only one with such a drawback. So where do we set the line? How many toolbelt skills make a weapon? Especially considering that toolbelt skills gets balanced over their utility skills anyway (see elixir R, for example – a strong toolbelt with a mediocre utility skill).

and kits that can be chained together.

Again, optional utilities. Can’t balance main weapons or mechanics over them. It would make as much sense as balancing warriors over them using banners and giving them lesser base stats to “compensate for it”, just to make an example. Obviously that makes no sense at all, and no one should be balanced like that.

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Scrapper’s Hammer seems stronger than most regular weapons

You do realize those statements together prove exactly what i’m talking about?

not even taking into account the added utility and defense of toolbelt skills

But as i said above, engineers aren’t the only ones having F-skills, while being the only one with such a drawback. So where do we set the line? How many toolbelt skills make a weapon? Especially considering that toolbelt skills gets balanced over their utility skills anyway (see elixir R, for example – a strong toolbelt with a mediocre utility skill).

and kits that can be chained together.

Again, optional utilities. Can’t balance main weapons or mechanics over them. It would make as much sense as balancing warriors over them using banners and giving them lesser base stats to “compensate for it”, just to make an example. Obviously that makes no sense at all, and no one should be balanced like that.

Kits, being the way they are, need to be accounted for. They aren’t extra stats; they’re basically full weapons that can be equipped to any engineer build while Toolbelt skills are there to remedy the “lack” of Utility skills. Maybe having a single block isn’t a problem, but when that build can now have two blocks due to Tool Kit or suddenly more mobility or condition cleanses, there’s a potential issue there.

Don’t you see how that can cause a few problems?
If you go back to Ele, they technically have 4 weapons without even touching utilities. Anet “compensated” that by not giving them a real weapon swap and having weaker skills in-general.

Engineers don’t have weaker skills in-general (Hammer actually has over-tuned skills when compared to most weapons; this is nothing like the old Engi weapons) and they don’t have 4 weapons, but they start off with 15 skills and have a potential for 35 skills.

I realize that not all Engi builds run nearly that many, but you have to consider that potential. Yes, I’m saying that your skills need to balanced considering Kits; that’s more than logical. Using your Banner example, it’s more like giving Warriors a new weapon that spawns more Banners and now they can spawn like 10 of them. Maybe the weapon by itself isn’t a huge issue, but when taking the full Banner package, it’s really strong. Skills need to be balanced according to every possible thing they can do, not just by themselves and Scrapper’s Hammer (and Traits/Utilities) is no different.

Either Scrapper needs some shaves or they need to go with Kit/Core Spec nerfs and we all know which option is healthier in the end.

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I’d like to add:
All elite specs. No 3x core.

Yes this is true as well and further confirms that HoT is P2W

I don’t want to live in a world where paying $50 for an expansion every few years is considered pay to win.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I now return that to the pro league. Learn to play, boys.

ah, but i think they did learn to play. They moved to the new meta and went to play the pro league finals while you, on the other hand, became a full time troll on the forums.

you can’t seriously be defending the horrid alacrity meta. It was the ugliest thing i have seen in an mmo so far.

in PvP

Manuhell.2759

-cut-

Either Scrapper needs some shaves or they need to go with Kit/Core Spec nerfs and we all know which option is healthier in the end.

So the choice would be between forcing the use of kit by balancing everything else over them and thus making the engineer some elementalist knockoff without a real choice of utility skills (with a complete disregard with how everything else deemed optional gets balanced, i should add), or properly balancing kits by themselves at it should be?
I guess you’ve never read my walls of text about how kits should be nerfed, baseline engineer eventually changed (by giving it that second weapon slot, since people want for engineer weapons to be balanced like they had two anyway) and how the current kit playstyle would be rather better suited for an elite spec.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Hammer 2 : x2:2
Hammer 3 : x3.0
Hammer 4 : x2.5
Hammer 5 : x3.6

Do you realize how enormous those are. I play Scrapper, its my secondary, and I find it INSANE that Hammer 2 often hits harder than something like backstab. While being an AoE skill that reflects projectiles.

It’s the sole thing making bruiser scrapper viable in a way, so I’m not sure its a problem either. But its just kinda crazy in numbers.

Scrapper is like the second best damage dealer in competitive comps, while they’re using a middle of the road amulet ( Paladin ) and defensives traits literally everywhere.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Malchior.5732

-cut-

So the choice would be between forcing the use of kit by balancing everything else over them and thus making the engineer some elementalist knockoff without a real choice of utility skills (with a complete disregard with how everything else deemed optional gets balanced, i should add), or properly balancing kits by themselves at it should be?
I guess you’ve never read my walls of text about how kits should be nerfed, baseline engineer eventually changed (by giving it that second weapon slot, since people want for engineer weapons to be balanced like they had two anyway) and how the current kit playstyle would be rather better suited for an elite spec.

Everything gets balanced with accordance with its potential. It doesn’t matter if it’s optional. If that option breaks something else, then there needs to be a change.

And no, I don’t go reading massive walls of text about a class I don’t enjoy playing anymore or about gigantic mechanical changes.

in PvP

Manuhell.2759

Everything gets balanced with accordance with its potential. It doesn’t matter if it’s optional. If that option breaks something else, then there needs to be a change.

It does matter if it is optional – because there is a difference between something that’s always available, and something that isn’t.
Namely, it is fine for the former to dictate the balance of the whole class, but the latter should dictate only its own balance. Else you end up in a situation where something that should be optional ends up being forced as the only viable playstyle (since you’ve made everything else weak on purpose).

Do you realize how enormous those are. I play Scrapper, its my secondary, and I find it INSANE that Hammer 2 often hits harder than something like backstab. While being an AoE skill that reflects projectiles.

It’s the sole thing making bruiser scrapper viable in a way, so I’m not sure its a problem either. But its just kinda crazy in numbers.

Scrapper is like the second best damage dealer in competitive comps, while they’re using a middle of the road amulet ( Paladin ) and defensives traits literally everywhere.

Let’s take another example.
Flame Jet: x2.5
That means it is an amazingly powerful skill, right?
No, all that means is that people have no idea about how those coefficents work.
You have to divide them for the number of hits.
The actual highest coefficent out of them is actually 1.1.

(edited by Manuhell.2759)

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Let’s take another example.
Flame Jet: x2.5
That means it is an amazingly powerful skill, right?
No, all that means is that people have no idea about how those coefficents work.
You have to divide them for the number of hits.
The actual highest coefficent out of them is actually 1.1.

What are you on about? That’s not even close to right… But also, Flame jet is done ever 2 1/4 (2.5 with aftercasts) seconds, has no defensive additives, and, frankly, the damage on it ISN’T bad, but it’s just simply not as practical of a weapon to land with nor defensive, so it doesn’t have near the same practicality.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Malchior.5732

It does matter if it is optional – because there is a difference between something that’s always available, and something that isn’t.
Namely, it is fine for the former to dictate the balance of the whole class, but the latter should dictate only its own balance. Else you end up in a situation where something that should be optional ends up being forced as the only viable playstyle (since you’ve made everything else weak on purpose).

You don’t seem to understand what I’m saying at all or if you do, you have a really skewed view of balance.

EVERY option must ALWAYS be considered when balancing. You don’t consider Gear Shield by itself, but what Gear Shield does + the rest of Engineer’s abilities.
If all a class has is a 3 second Block on a low cooldown and nothing else, it’s not a problem, but if that class has a 3 second Block on a low cooldown, then an evade, another block, multiple passive defenses, stun breaks, and ways to deal with conditions along with high damage and no other resource to manage (Life Force, Initiative, Energy, etc.), then obviously it’s a whole different scenario.

I wont continue responding after this. It’s a simple concept: you don’t consider single things in a vacuum in this case.

in PvP

Manuhell.2759

You don’t seem to understand what I’m saying at all or if you do, you have a really skewed view of balance.

EVERY option must ALWAYS be considered when balancing. You don’t consider Gear Shield by itself, but what Gear Shield does + the rest of Engineer’s abilities.
If all a class has is a 3 second Block on a low cooldown and nothing else, it’s not a problem, but if that class has a 3 second Block on a low cooldown, then an evade, another block, multiple passive defenses, stun breaks, and ways to deal with conditions along with high damage and no other resource to manage (Life Force, Initiative, Energy, etc.), then obviously it’s a whole different scenario.

If you balance every single thing based over the best case, then you’re making everything average or worse to account over that best case. Thus making everything that isn’t part of that “best case” a bad choice.
No class is balanced like that. And neither should be. You don’t see healing signet’s values being balanced over some healing shout build to avoid making such a build too strong. If there are issue with it, you act on those healing shouts healings’ instead.
And most importantly, if something optional ends up being too strong…that’s what it should get nerfed, not some unrelated main weapon or utility (and since you mention tool kit, i have no idea why they thought that reducing their cooldowns further was a good thing).

I wont continue responding after this. It’s a simple concept: you don’t consider single things in a vacuum in this case.

And you don’t consider the consequences of what you’re proposing. Engineer should essentially end up with kit as its only viable utilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

So why was Mesmer nerfed right out of the game, while the Revenant is allowed to dominate still? HoT poster child?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Guardians, Thieves and Warriors were present as a single aggregate class we like to call “Herald”.

Exactly this.

in PvP

Azukas.1426

So why was Mesmer nerfed right out of the game, while the Revenant is allowed to dominate still? HoT poster child?

Chrono bunker is the biggest cancer to ever exist in this game. It literally caused tons of players to quit.

The resulting nerf was a no-brainer that I, a mesmer main, fully supported.

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Yup … a slap in the face to all those QQ saying…. Anet killed the ele … unplayable! reaper will eat us …..

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

7 Revs
4 Eles
4 Necro
3 Engi

they should be decapitated

By this I did not mean nerf to uselessness but they need more than a shaving since they are way out of line.

I really hope you’re not a barber if you think decapitate and shaving are synonyms.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Lol at all the bad ele players
“ohmugerd anet might as well delete ele! We’re trash tier without the 40% extra stat cele amulet to carry us, ele wont be run at all now!”

Yeah…..ok….

You don’t understand. D/F auramancer is elementalist in its most alienated state. It’s only a heal bot that keeps alive stronger classes. This has been known already; and it’s not the role true elementalist player wish to have.

This. It’s not about the strength of the class but a role a team needed to round out their comp while other professions would just add redundancy.

It’s just a healbot who wouldn’t be taken if any other support class was better at spamming heals. It’s also way worse if you’re not in organized groups, definitely not something good to soloq with.

Most of the top eles who used to play the class switched to something different, the playstyle changed drastically. It’s far from the vision they had when they created the class.

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

no credibility left whatsoever

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

In line? you’re kidding right? Aegis, you seriously contend that’s worth anything?

Shield got multiple nerfs.

Alacrity has been crushed so far as to be worthless in pvp, though I run it in dungeons sometimes. I run teaching paths and the noobs need that and the double tw and /or [FeedBack] sometimes.

Rev has a block comparable to old shield, as does engi. Hell… some of the guardian blocks are close. Warrior probably has similar though I don’t play it often enough to know for sure. Daredevil has perma evade and a killer auto attack. In the case of engi they also have an elixir that does basically the same thing. Oh and they have better tanking than a pre nerf chronomancer.

How was shield or well bad again?

The other thing is this. ANET destroyed most of what Mesmer had. Witness the pro players.

Chaith mocked me pre patch saying I was paranoid and that Mesmer would be strong post patch. He was dead wrong. I Abjure his statements.

ANET has a long history of nerfing Mesmer very hard and leaving it broken for months or in some cases literally years.

Dude, I hope you realize that we have prepubescent kid who have yet to develop their frontal cortex. I mean, it doesn’t take rocket science; this game has 9 class so , at least , 4 classes are garanteed to be left out.

so, in other real esports games like Dota and LOL, how many champs/heros do they have? Are you saying it’s norm that always the same ones that wins championships? Both games have better balance with more variety to heroes/champs, but Anet only have 9 to work it and yet they cant get their kitten together to have proper balance.

A copy paste of a comment I made earlier. Hope it will enlighten you.

Willfully ignorant?? Ah how nice of you, but let me ask you this if Lol dint have the ability to ban , out of those 70 toons, how many do you think we would have seen during the world?? Or better yet if Lol didn’t have a system where each team cant pick the same character, how many profession we would have seen at the world’s? ?? Uhm??

So this has nothing to do with classes/ balance; it just that Riot, due to their large pool of players and characters, can implement rules that Anet can’t. Had Riot not had those rules, their world’s would totally mirror ours.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Chrono bunker is the biggest cancer to ever exist in this game. It literally caused tons of players to quit.

The resulting nerf was a no-brainer that I, a mesmer main, fully supported.

And what did they leave Mesmers with?

in PvP

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Rev does a bit of everything, has more rotation options, higher skill ceiling, and stacks well with itself. Just the consequence of having an mp bar.

Other classes could stand to be like rev. A friend of mine quit GW2 because his thief became trash and the buffs don’t help.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Rev does a bit of everything, has more rotation options, higher skill ceiling, and stacks well with itself.

Too soon we forget 5 d/d ele meta. You know, the build that could do a bit of everything…

PvP was at its best when builds had clear strengths and weaknesses, which lead to loosely defined roles.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Well, the builsd were pretty much what I was expecting. Druid was a bit surprising, but not that much. The only curveball was the mesmer, which was a pick I didn’t understand at all.

Thief is just a decapper/+1 and is way too bad in teamfights. They could maybe change sth. about Shortbow or the survival of the Thief to make up for that.

Warrior needs a complete overhaul, they can easily combine half of the berserker traits or make some of them baseline und put in more defensive options.

Mesmer doesn’t need tons of changes, just a split of alacrity from PvE and up to 50% reduction in PvP.

In terms of druid, they should decrease the DMG of Bristle/Smokescale and buff the druid itself a bit. Pretty much all weapons except staff are crap or get hardcountered by the meta (projectiles suck, that’s why DH sucks so much) and Staff could even use a slight buff. The traits and skills all seem fine to me, but most weapons just need a dps-buff.

DH has similar problems: The only decent weapon with enough DMG is LB, but it gets hardcountered by all the projectile-absorb/reflect. Just buff the DMG of the other weapons. Like on the druid, I think the traits and skills are fine, but the weapons just suck.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

A-net is fail at class balancing? No way! Regardless should be hilarious patch tommorrow where they nerf nothing. Since hot the diversity of builds that can be used in competitve pvp has done nothing but gotten less and less. They even nerfed a fair ammount of stuff and it didn’t really change anything still only a few viable ways to play. It’s a sad joke and they should be embarrased but it’s obvious they are immune to embarrassment at this point so it tells me they think they are doing a good job. Great job fellas!

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Yup … a slap in the face to all those QQ saying…. Anet killed the ele … unplayable! reaper will eat us …..

Build variety is dead for ele. Before you could see some variants like staff marauder, d/d cele, staff cele, cleric staff, cleric d/d some traited for air or fire instead of the mandatory earth/water/tempest and even in rare occasions scepter/focus fresh air .

The tempests at finals were using cleric and dagger/focus support shout healbot build. Besides that build, if you use something else feels like you are accomplishing nothing and being a dead weight for your team.

Great for those who likes to be a healbot but for other players, like myself and the ones that are QQ’ign as you say, we want to play something else, we want to play more offensively.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

I’m just going to say, 6/9 classes used by 4 teams isn’t too bad…

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The over use of Revenant is a bit telling of you ask me, but other than that, I somewhat agree. The bigger problem (at least in my opinion) is the lack of any base classes.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Azukas.1426

It really was 4/9 since druid/mesmer only got 1 spot.

Better than the 2-3/9 from previous meta right…..

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

So nerf revenant then.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Nerf Theef as well.. spamming 2-2-2- on staff is not skills

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

nerf warriar!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

It’s a sad joke and they should be embarrased but it’s obvious they are immune to embarrassment at this point so it tells me they think they are doing a good job. Great job fellas!

I don’t wanna be a d*** (atm) but this got me.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Do you realize how enormous those are. I play Scrapper, its my secondary, and I find it INSANE that Hammer 2 often hits harder than something like backstab.

I already explained that coefficients are misleading if you look at it that way.

Backstab is 1 instant hit.
Several hammer attacks take longer, are channels or multi hits.
You can fit multiple 1hit isntant attacks from someone else in that duration.

So if you count up the coefficients and dmg of those multiple 1hit instant attacks, you will get more dmg and more coefficient total, than the hammer attacks.

The hammer coefficients are misleading.
You also need to look at time it takes to do that dmg and amount of hits.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

scrapper hammer skills are pretty much zero risk, high reward since nearly the entire kitten skill bar is filled with offensive powerhouse abilities that also offer insane defensive abilities (projectile reflection on demand, triple leap finisher, lightning field that stuns etc).

no other weapon set in the entire game has what scrapper hammer has. you’ll almost never even get punished for spamming hammer skills on cooldown regardless of situation, they’ll simply be slightly less effective.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Manuhell.2759

Because weapon sets are usually balanced over being able to use two of them. Or four attunements.
And even considering the engineer, this is the first melee weapon the engineer gets.
Making a comparison is meaningless, since there is nothing it can be compared to.

It’s amusing to see how the only class that would fit within an equal distribution is the one getting so much whining, though. But i doubt people actually bothered to notice that.

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Rocket Charge should not evade, simple as that.

Rev needs to get shiro and herald defensive traits tuned down.

I play too little necro to say what they should do with reaper but I always found cleansing five conditions and applying five conditions on a target on that cooldown was ridiculous. By now condition damage is so common I don’t get how necro gets away with dealing 200% better with it that other classes. In comparison a warrior shout willl cleanse a single condition and that’s it.

in PvP

Exciton.8942

I play too little necro to say what they should do with reaper but I always found cleansing five conditions and applying five conditions on a target on that cooldown was ridiculous. By now condition damage is so common I don’t get how necro gets away with dealing 200% better with it that other classes. In comparison a warrior shout willl cleanse a single condition and that’s it.

Rocket charge actually needs evade. It also has interruptable frames even now.
The problem is that they moved a GM hammer trait to adept so now scrapper can get a lot of stability which makes it extremely hard to cc them.

Necro damage pressure is simply too high. For most spec that has limited condie cleanse, one staff 5 then a staff 3 you are pretty much dead

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Why does it need evade. Explain.

in PvP

Exciton.8942

Why does it need evade. Explain.

A 1.75 second channeling skill. After activation, you gets locked into a triple leap animation.
W/O evade, this is like the easiest to interrupt skill in the world.

in PvP

Exciton.8942

My suggestion on scrapper:
Hammer skill 2 3 4 need 10% damage reduction
Hammer skill 5 cast range reduced to 900

Hammer trait increase ICD to at least 15 sec.

in PvP

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Shiro is not that good. I play necro a lot. Rev barely compares to the unmitigated glory that is Reaper. Rev is just a more active flexible play style. You guys keep wanting the game to be balanced around PvP when your suggestions would trash classes for PvE.