Not everyone is meant to win in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

Shocking, I know, but there will ALWAYS be people in lower tiers. That’s the way the system works. So don’t go acting like you DESERVE to be in a higher tier when other people in higher tiers are better than you, have a better team comp, better communication, etc. If you want to be the best, you have to actually try.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Its especially hard to move up in leagues when you don’t get credit for like every fifth win because of horrid game breaking bugs.

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I thought I could just use any class/traits I wanted to and go into matches solo with no team communication or strategy – YOLO MODE

THATS WHAT ANET PROMISED ME!

/s

in PvP

Posted by: Espire.9723

Espire.9723

Shocking, I know, but there will ALWAYS be people in lower tiers. That’s the way the system works. So don’t go acting like you DESERVE to be in a higher tier when other people in higher tiers are better than you, have a better team comp, better communication, etc. If you want to be the best, you have to actually try.

…. Of course there are, but it isn’t fair when the only reason you’re stuck in a low tier is because you get unfair matches over and over. I’ll stop complaining if:

1.) They stop matching me against full pre made teams
2.) The matches are somewhat fair (500 – 400/300 and not 500 – 100)
3.) They rework their stupid 50/50 win loss ratio….

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Ofc, sure bro.
When it will be not dependent from things like “with equal skill be on faceroll cheese class like rev to win, or be on war/thief to be rekt”, “be in team for ez top 5-10% just because we don’t have soloQ, lmao”.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Skyline Crash.6254

Its especially hard to move up in leagues when you don’t get credit for like every fifth win because of horrid game breaking bugs.

Bugs will be fixed, this is irrelevant. Leagues JUST came out, balance and bug fixes are going to come.

in PvP

Skyline Crash.6254

…. Of course there are, but it isn’t fair when the only reason you’re stuck in a low tier is because you get unfair matches over and over. I’ll stop complaining if:

1.) They stop matching me against full pre made teams

Dude, you’ll stop being in unfair matches once the leagues settle. Good players will be in top tiers and bad ones will be in low tiers. Everyone on this forum wants everything RIGHT NOW. Life doesn’t work that way, kittening wait.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Fun fact:

Division 3 Sapphire
Can lose Points
Can’t lose Tiers

This means EVERYONE can be D3. Yes, just play enough matches. HOWEVER not everyone can be D4+. The more you know?

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Skyline Crash.6254

Fun fact:

Division 3 Sapphire
Can lose Points
Can’t lose Tiers

This means EVERYONE can be D3. Yes, just play enough matches. HOWEVER not everyone can be D4+. The more you know?

The fact of the matter is, there will still be people who cant even make it that high.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I agree. Teams which got Warrior, assigned by random MM DESERVE to lose ;-)

in PvP

Skyline Crash.6254

I agree. Teams which got Warrior to them, assigned by random MM DESERVE to lose ;-)

Actually, I kept pugging and slowly got a team of random people. It consists of 2 warriors, a rev, an ele, and a guard. We won almost every match. Warriors are pretty good, they might need a few buffs here and there but overall, they’re fine.

in PvP

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Number 2 in my mind is the big one, it just feel like the algorithm must be off if you get 500 – 100.
Not sure about number 3 though.

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Actually, I kept pugging and slowly got a team of random people. It consists of 2 warriors, a rev, an ele, and a guard. We won almost every match. Warriors are pretty good, they might need a few buffs here and there but overall, they’re fine.

Warriors are not good, they are godlike OP. They are so much OP that no single team in ESL rolled a warrior, because that was absolutely unfair to others.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Skyline Crash.6254

Number 2 in my mind is the big one, it just feel like the algorithm must be off if you get 500 – 100.
Not sure about number 3 though.

The algorithm is off in what sense? PvP needs to settle before any major changes are made.

in PvP

Skyline Crash.6254

Warriors are not good, they are godlike OP. They are so much OP that no single team in ESL rolled a warrior, because that was absolutely unfair to others.

There are things called metas, have you ever heard of them? Its like that in every game. Take League of Legends for example, you always see the same champs being played in high level play. That doesn’t mean that other ones aren’t good, it just means people have a hive-mind mentality and bandwagon on certain champs because others say they are good now. Even though, the champions never actually change, its just some people find hidden potential in them and say they’re good, snowballing into more and more people saying this champ is better than that now.

People are hating on thiefs and warriors so much because of this mentality. They are also hating on DHs because of this mentality. People are stupid.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

There are things called metas, have you ever heard of them? Its like that in every game. Take League of Legends for example, you always see the same champs being played in high level play. That doesn’t mean that other ones aren’t good, it just means people have a hive-mind mentality and bandwagon on certain champs because others say they are good now. Even though, the champions never actually change, its just some people find hidden potential in them and say they’re good, snowballing into more and more people saying this champ is better than that now.

People are hating on thiefs and warriors so much because of this mentality. They are also hating on DHs because of this mentality. People are stupid.

You’re wrong, Warriors are bad because of their damage:survi:utility ratio is bad compared to everything else.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

So… You support a signal system that only caters to those in premade groups where pug groups should know their only function in ranked will be to feed wins to the pre-mades? That sounds incredibly open minded of you. :/

The reality is the game could be made phenomenally better with a bit of effort on the part of ArenaNet to make solo queuing a real thing where it will always be Pug vs Pug. Allow these groups to progress though League play to the point they can work for and obtain the legendary back piece without having to form a premade and devote hours a day to practice.

The solo queue would solve 90% of the “Q.Q” it’s something almost universally desired by both solo players, casual types and even hard core players who would like to be able to run the occasional solo queue (see thread on Lord Helseth’s comments), premade’s would benefit because they would no longer be handed free wins by pugs that stand no chance.

Without the solo queue it’s a fair assessment to say the system is trash.