Not liking the new PvP changes

in PvP

Posted by: Masharok.9428

Masharok.9428

I used to enjoy GW2 PvP but now I do not. I actually enjoyed the PvP locker and I had lots of skins unlocked and was liking the look of my characters, but now if I want to keep the skins I had unlocked I have to pay transmutation on the gear and I can’t even store it in the heart of the mists, so if I play PvE and get a gear upgrade I have to either keep the transmuted gear in my inventory or repay the transmutation cost to skin my upgraded gear.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to easily customize my character like back when there was PvP lockers?

Also, why is the team size only 5 now? It says there are 18/20 players on a server and when I join there is only 5v5. Arg…. does anyone actually like these changes and if so, why? Again. I must be missing something.

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkcomet.2975

Pinkcomet.2975

I never like 8v8. too much zergs.
may be because I’m thief. I would like it if I’m nec pow.

so.. I like 5v5

down side of 5v5 is 4v5 is a lot more worst than 6v8.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

8v8 was the bomb, removing it really sucks,
yes it sometimes got zergy, but the fights were always close (usually always atleast 400v500)
they also added in spectator and team select, another huge blunder that ruins ever single match!

as for the transmutations, its not that bad, i agree that the old reward system did seem more rewarding, but hey, for whatever reason they decide to make these changes there is nothing we can do to change their mind, so best to just deal with it.

in PvP

Posted by: Masharok.9428

Masharok.9428

Yea. I would say about 90% of the matches I have been playing have been 3 on 5 or 4 on 5. It really sucks. Granted, I am not playing on the most peak times but still I shouldn’t have to deal with 4v5 every single match.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

theres changes in pvp? 0_0

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

People were having too much fun playing 8v8 so it had to be removed. If you noticed, everyone in hotjoin was doing 8v8 instead of 5v5. Fun = Bad

in PvP

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

Hehe. But yeah 8v8 was far more unpredictable.

Tiger