Only seen 4 classes the last 7 games......

in PvP

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

Hey guys,

As you know….my main is my Thief….but I have been forced to abandon it due to balance issues ankitten ow spending all of my time on a Rev.

Something I noticed about 4 games in was that I had only seen 4 classes represented…..so I started keeping track.

For 7 games in a row, all 10 players were either Rev, Chrono, Ele, orDH….

None of the people I ended up playing with were repeated in another game.

So out of 70 players only 4 classes were seen….all the others were gone…..

And even on the 8th game, it was the same, but we had 1 Ranger.

My question to all of you is this…..is everyone just abandoning their other classes for Chrono/Rev/DH?

I mean…nothing against it….its exactly what I did.

But what I mean is….is the balance SO bad that everyone is feeling as forced to do so as I felt?

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I already “mained” mesmer/thief (play all classes regularly).. Currently I’m playing my mesmer if I want wins depending where I am in a tier, otherwise still working on 5 win per class.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

i think thief still works. The only thing that makes it difficult to run sometimes is DH. If you are the sort of thief that just bursts then stealth, bursts then stealth then you will have a pretty hard time.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Well I might use rev but I’m using my own Ventari build it does the job but I haven’t seen anyone ever use anything similar so…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

i think thief still works. The only thing that makes it difficult to run sometimes is DH. If you are the sort of thief that just bursts then stealth, bursts then stealth then you will have a pretty hard time.

Not even close to true. Rev destroys thief easily, especially the condi/hybrid revs. Chronobunk will also easily push a thief off on their own without ever losing point, and reset faster than the thief does. Ele will just outheal the thief and never get low enough for half the traits to apply, and will either punish you with burns if you close, or reflects if you range them. Most of these specs will do this as a normal consequence of fighting anything, so even 2v1ing as a thief requires fantastic play.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Hey atleast the dadedevil eltie can be pretty good at unlocking stale fights.

I’ve made a few matches snowball into my team’s favor because I got an Impact Strike instant kill on a surprised bunker mesmer.

But that’s really pushing and trying to find the simplest thing to be happy about.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Hey guys,

As you know….my main is my Thief….but I have been forced to abandon it due to balance issues ankitten ow spending all of my time on a Rev.

Something I noticed about 4 games in was that I had only seen 4 classes represented…..so I started keeping track.

For 7 games in a row, all 10 players were either Rev, Chrono, Ele, orDH….

None of the people I ended up playing with were repeated in another game.

So out of 70 players only 4 classes were seen….all the others were gone…..

And even on the 8th game, it was the same, but we had 1 Ranger.

My question to all of you is this…..is everyone just abandoning their other classes for Chrono/Rev/DH?

I mean…nothing against it….its exactly what I did.

But what I mean is….is the balance SO bad that everyone is feeling as forced to do so as I felt?

Actually I abandoned my Ranger for my Rev. I should haven’t to go into detail why, this should already be known given the Ranger treatment over the last year

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Reaper/Ranger here. And i see a lot of both in my matches. Then again DH and Chrono spam is real. Revanants seem to less prelevant in my games but it’s often we get at least one in the opposing team.

Thieves i see the least, warriors and engis also aren’t too common (though the latter much more then the first two). We’ll just have to wait for some balancing.

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Well before you had 3x ele so nothing new…

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

1st: DH is trash in upper tiers
2nd: Not surprised, theif is unviable atm, so abjured is pretty much going to copy EU meta and run 1 ele, 2 revs, 1 bunk mes, 1 scrapper to compete (which imo is the most underrated strong comp that has a higher chance of beating double bunker mes)