PVP now pay to win

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: aktharr.2389

aktharr.2389

OH MY GOSH GUYS YOU ARENT LISTENING. Pay-To-Win was just a title thing i came up with because i thought in some aspect it was.

WHAT I really was trying to say was they need to balance the powers of the expansion players and the powers of regular player by either boosting or nerfing some of the classes

So, you made a click bait thread and now you wanna get upset that you have people who came to this thread with their opinions formed before they read a single word?

Welcome to the internet.

no i didn’t make a click bait thread. its just a title because i thought it was in some way pay-to-win. but people are focusing more on the definition of “pay2win” than actually reading the description which i clearly stated was about paid players making pvp unbalanced

~that one Guild Wars Fan——played since beta—-leader of A.D.D. Industries

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

OH MY GOSH GUYS YOU ARENT LISTENING. Pay-To-Win was just a title thing i came up with because i thought in some aspect it was.

WHAT I really was trying to say was they need to balance the powers of the expansion players and the powers of regular player by either boosting or nerfing some of the classes

So, you made a click bait thread and now you wanna get upset that you have people who came to this thread with their opinions formed before they read a single word?

Welcome to the internet.

no i didn’t make a click bait thread. its just a title because i thought it was in some way pay-to-win. but people are focusing more on the definition of “pay2win” than actually reading the description which i clearly stated was about paid players making pvp unbalanced

Pay2win is one of the most controversial topics for any MMO. You’re either incredibly naive or you tried to use the controversial nature of this to get attention to your semi-related post.

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Pretty cheap for p2w.

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

My 2 cents.

Even tho gw2 is not a p2w game and expansions are not considered p2w content by concensus, if you don’t buy the expansion ( by paying ) you are less likely to win.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Pretty sure in order to stay fully competitive in any buy to play MMO you also gotta buy the expansions. What GW2 did by giving away the base game free was just a nifty move towards free to play, but there’s still an expansion ya gotta buy to play with that content.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Seriously, it’s the new expansion, the new way for ANet to obtain moneys, we can’t pretend that they will make things balanced. They will not do balanced things anyway!

And anyway there’s still some builds that work really good still if without the specializzations.
I have a friend that when use the Engineer use the old cleric build, a full bunker build, that don’t need the Scrapper to work at it’s best. Then he go far and hold it against 3 enemy players (with all that good specializzations) for 5-6 minutes every time he go, making us win really easy. He’s really strong and a really skilled player, but there’s some builds that can be used still without the specializzation.
Engi condition or bunker, necro MM, mesmer condition or shatter (the old one with insane hide that will barely kill you with a single burst, don’t you remember? It’s still viable, guys!), also the guardian bunker can be played without the specializzation (the specializzation make his defensive skills work better but is still really viable, just a little weaker than the actual chrono bunker why can’t make everyone inculnerable for X seconds, but clean conditions really good. the absence of the bunker guardian is one of the reasons why everyone is screaming that there’s too much conditions in the game, just to say), or also the immortal Meditation Guardian, stil good and strong like always.

For shure the Elite Specializzation is really good and strong (exeption for the Berserker… but in the next dps meta he will rise, I know!), but there’s still a lot of chances to play a old build and be competitive.

Anet made the Specializzations and the Revenant OP, they diti it on Purpose to Sell the game.
Who will buy a expansion that don’t give you anything better than what you’re currently playing?
Every time in a game there’s something new, it is OP. Every Single Times.
It’s marketing.

But anyway buy the expansion is Not P2W. Is something that is totally a component of the game, adding new areas, classes and equipments (and in GW2 you’re lucky why in other games without the expansion you will seriously be headshotted all the time without any chance to play). And It has an affordable price for all.

P2W is a continuous pay moneys to buy single components of a game with the specific purpose to be strongher than who don’t have it, spending a large amount of moneys to obtain weapons, armors, items that will make you extremly superior than who don’t have any.

if I am able to pay at the gemstore a Staff for my Necro that will increase by 200% my direct and condition damage in sPvP, it is P2W.
If I can buy a LB with 3000 range to shoot players from a insane range with my ranger in www, that is P2W.
If I can buy an armor for my Guardian that reduce the damage from players by 50%, that is P2W.

Have I to explain more what is P2W?

Buy a expansion isn’t a P2W, just an expansion that add new things that other players don’t have, like maps, raids and specializzations.
If you buy the expansion and obtain the Tempest, the Reaper, the Dragonhunter and all the other specializzations.
But you still have to play them and use them to win, you don’t have the certainty of being able to kill every single enemy you face just why you have something that only few other players have.
You have an expansion, not a 100% headshot button to kill everyone that don’t have the same things you have. Expecially why 95% of players have the same expansion you have, or can kill you (or fight really good) still without the expansion.

I played in different P2W games (or P2W unofficial game servers) and I can say that GW2 is Totally NOT a P2W game. Not even from afar!

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Expansion players are regular players. People without expansion are f2p, and f2p simply don’t have a large representation in sPvP. Moreover most f2p are going to playing at low mmr where the power difference between core and elite is completely hidden by the general lack of skill.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I always love these conspiracy theories that anet purposefully over-tuned the elite specs just to try to force PvP players to buy HoT.

Just take off the tin foil hats, breathe, and realize that it has always taken anet a while to balance things out.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

It is P2W. Doesn’t matter if it is in the form of a Op sword or an XPAC. Think carefully “Pay to Win”. Just because it usually manifests itself in item shop does not mean P2W is absent from other methods. The Elite Specs are better than the Core Specs. To Get Elite Specs you need to PAY. This is simple logic.

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

It is P2W. Doesn’t matter if it is in the form of a Op sword or an XPAC. Think carefully “Pay to Win”. Just because it usually manifests itself in item shop does not mean P2W is absent from other methods. The Elite Specs are better than the Core Specs. To Get Elite Specs you need to PAY. This is simple logic.

Go google pay too win then come back also if you are a free too play player or even a core game only makes you think you can compete on the same level as a player that did lay down the cash to buy hot. Ofc there is a difference between ftp and expansion its only logical other wise there would have been no incentive to buy it. If you dont want the specialization’s or raids dont buy it but dont go complaining you cant be as OP as the new stuff.

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

(edited by lloydst.6985)

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Welcome to the internet.

You are just bad player? I think you’d still lose if you have HoT. I don’t have HoT, but I win.

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

Expansion players are regular players. People without expansion are f2p, and f2p simply don’t have a large representation in sPvP. Moreover most f2p are going to playing at low mmr where the power difference between core and elite is completely hidden by the general lack of skill.

People that didn’t buy the expansion are not necesarily f2p player, some (won’t claim to know an exact percentage) payed for the core game as every older than HoT player did.
Edit: this forums should have a rating system so people knows who knows what (s)he is talking about and who doesn’t

(edited by kuritsutian.2987)

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Dear oblivious friend;

Me and my friends bought this bloody game roughly one year ago with a good sum of money. It was neither cheap nor free. And now we do not have HoT and our mmr is not “that” low as you claim. Not all core players are f2p. Anet decided that more money is needed so they made an kitten expansion without even fixing the bugs in original game. They even took our access for our many guild services with the expansion. Their new specs are bad, balance is terrible and there are many bugs in the game still.

I am very happy for you who “loved” this expansion. I wish we loved that too. there is not a single thing I desire in HoT as a wvw and pvp player. We were going to buy it after it came out, But as we saw how Anet treated their core players, we decided not to waste money (as we all work hard to earn those bucks, like many of you do). We like this game but if it goes like this, this game will fade away like many others before it.

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

i’m sorry if i offend anybody here but i’m just gonna get down to the point. PVP is now majorly broken and nothing i do can fix it. alot of people (including myself) that have not bought the expansion now cant even play a match with getting majorly destroyed. rangers range on the staff is too long and now they can tank like guardians. guardians can now tank and kill from a distance. you have mesmers who can kill anybody in 2 seconds (as if they weren’t op enough).
now some people are gonna be saying “haha noob just buy the expansion”, BUT some of us like PVP and don’t want to pay $30 or more just to balance the gameplay. anet, i like how you do things, but you need to nerf whatever your giving these players HARD, because you have broken the entire PVP system

So they still haven’t nerfed those new specs? In that case, not buying HOT and not playing. Will wait until they try and fix it up a bit before coming back.

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

i’m sorry if i offend anybody here but i’m just gonna get down to the point. PVP is now majorly broken and nothing i do can fix it. alot of people (including myself) that have not bought the expansion now cant even play a match with getting majorly destroyed. rangers range on the staff is too long and now they can tank like guardians. guardians can now tank and kill from a distance. you have mesmers who can kill anybody in 2 seconds (as if they weren’t op enough).
now some people are gonna be saying “haha noob just buy the expansion”, BUT some of us like PVP and don’t want to pay $30 or more just to balance the gameplay. anet, i like how you do things, but you need to nerf whatever your giving these players HARD, because you have broken the entire PVP system

So they still haven’t nerfed those new specs? In that case, not buying HOT and not playing. Will wait until they try and fix it up a bit before coming back.

Just check back later today. Big balancing patch coming.

Gate of Madness

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Foggy.9213

Foggy.9213

it is pay to win, because whitout hot i have less chance’s to WIN, but if i PAY for HoT, i will me able to WIN more… if i PAY, the elite spec’s are way better then the default, so PAY and WIN more.
PAY 2 WIN.

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Just check back later today. Big balancing patch coming.

Awesome, thanks for the update.

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

As a veteran player (since pre-release) and a owner of HoT, denying the advantages of the expansion as unfair is not being honest with oneself. Elites simply destroy base professions and worst: Seems like Anet will keep it that way.

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

Heard there will be more elite specializations comming, question is will be all of them be paid?

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Emmrahil.1934

Emmrahil.1934

Despite the fact that i dont beleive in money as a life value i will try make some things clear.
1) Buy an expancion is not pay to win. pay to wins means (some ppl already mention it above) that you have to spend more and more money to get certain advantages. 2)You choosed play a MMO RPG. I know that 30$ or 40$ can be a lot for someone but when you decide play this game i am sure you knew that any new expansion would have a price.
3) Not sure how many remember that but i recall the old 2004-2010 days when 90% of decent MMO RPG’s has a monthly fee just to log in. Tbh i hate the fact that some people cant play the game because they cant buy it (and that counts for almost every game) but that is known since the start.Still this is not a pay to win game. If you ever play one you ll understand the difference

(edited by Emmrahil.1934)

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

all the non HoT players should get team up with non HoT players, end of story , I’ll bet they will find some other things to whine about.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Hey, to stop the P2W complaints Anet could have stopped not HoT players from qeuing with HoT players or raised HoT players level cap, but then matchmaking would have been horrible, non HoT owners would have the wort Qeue times and wouldn’t even be able to experience pvp in a consistent manner. But they didn’t do either so quit complaining, if you bought Gw2 3 years ago and played say one day a week for lets say 2 hours a day you would have paid . Roughly 0.48 a week to play the game, which is a bargain, because if you played more than that you got even more value, and you can pay 50$ again get the expansion and everything that comes with it and get more value out of the game, thankfully you don’t have a to pay a sub fee that raises the cost of the game exponentially.

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

Anet fanboys can spit all the b/s they want in the defense of buying HoT update, but not when it comes to sPvP.

Because Anet guaranteed that in sPvP everyone is going to play on even terms and they destroyed their credbility by adding these pay2win specs in HoT and restricting players without update from using them.

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Guild Wars 2 follows exactly the same buisness modell as Guild Wars 1, if you only owned Prophecies you coulnd’t access Derwish, Paragon, Assassin and Ritualist and all skills for the core classes that came with the other parts of the game and nobody cried over p2w in GW1 (the percentage of pure pvp players was also most likely higher in GW1 than GW2)

so stop being cheap and entitled, an expansion is not p2w

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Anet fanboys can spit all the b/s they want in the defense of buying HoT update, but not when it comes to sPvP.

Because Anet guaranteed that in sPvP everyone is going to play on even terms and they destroyed their credbility by adding these pay2win specs in HoT and restricting players without update from using them.

If you do not agree pvp is now pay to win then you are fan boy cause, well……logic.

Lol. So ridiculous. New expansion, not everything balanced yet, just give it time. Also, I still do just fine on my vanilla necro, so maybe you all are just bad and can’t adapt?

Gate of Madness

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

There are several professions you can use to compete with. It’s only at the 5 v 5 premade level when it will really matter. I’m not sure why so many are getting their panties in a bunch, if you’re good enough you’ll have no problem playing core builds.

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Lexander.4579

If you do not agree pvp is now pay to win then you are fan boy cause, well……logic.

Lol. So ridiculous. New expansion, not everything balanced yet, just give it time. Also, I still do just fine on my vanilla necro, so maybe you all are just bad and can’t adapt?

i see you are having problems reading a simple sentence, let me explain this to you how they do this for people with certain issues

new specs are stronger than old specs
hence new specs win more often than old specs
to play new specs you have to buy update

therefore we get pay2win, see you next week on our special classes

PVP now pay to win

in PvP

Lexander.4579

There are several professions you can use to compete with. It’s only at the 5 v 5 premade level when it will really matter. I’m not sure why so many are getting their panties in a bunch, if you’re good enough you’ll have no problem playing core builds.

no its not only on 5v5 level where it matters and forcing people to play on uneven terms against those who pay is the definition of pay2win

take off your fanboy glasses man