PoF lauch vs league

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Up until now the trend seemed to be very clear – balance patches between league seasons, never in middle of one, unless something really drastic popped up.

But now PoF lands at 22nd smack dab in middle of current league season. So will we be getting stormed by new elites day one, or will there be a ban on new elites in ranked until this season ends?

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

New elites will be available in PvP when PoF hits.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Clearly the expansion release is more important than a consistent playing field for the PvP season.. money talks

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Don’t be so gullible. Anet was just looking for an excuse to put out even fewer balance patches, and blaming PvP seasons allow them to do only one every 3 months, and sometimes even that one does nothing.

Now that they actually have something to show and push through of course they don’t give a kitten about PvP.

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

at these points in time i wish we had like an higher and more evolved moral standard and would all refrain from using the new PoF Builds in ranked.

but that is just wishfull thinking. sigh

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

It’s peculiar, but I already pre-ordered PoF and have no issues with this.

Honestly though, I’m curious if they want to see exactly how well PoF performs vs HoT builds.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Ya’ll are so boring.

It’ll make ranked so much exciting!

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Ya’ll are so boring.

It’ll make ranked so much exciting!

If by “exciting” you mean it will become even more of an extremely hectic, chaotic kittenfest than it currently already is then yes, you are right.

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

but it’ll be interesting.

Unlike queuing on the exact same spec I’ve been queueing on for the past year.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

but it’ll be interesting.

Unlike queuing on the exact same spec I’ve been queueing on for the past year.

I was thinking about just avoiding PvP after PoF but then I remembed the stupid decay…

Well crap, I guess I’m gonna have to forget about ever staying in the top 250 long enough to get a fancy title.

I dunno, call me autistic but I remember PvP right after HoT released and I do not have fond memories of that at all. Sure, I quickly discovered how I could farm people on a full-trapper dragonhunter by simply dropping traps on a point (because people just didn’t have a clue how to deal with traps back then), which was fun, until I started getting those clueless people on my own team and 2, 3 or even 4 trapper dragonhunters on the enemy team…

I played some PvP during the elite-spec demo and saw the same thing happening, but this time it was mostly the deadeye and spellbreaker that farmed people who didn’t know how to counter them.

I’m a little bit bummed out that the xpac drops in the middle of the season, but also a little excited I guess.

I guess I’ll just farm people on my deadeye and hope to god my team doesn’t get farmed by enemy deadeyes.

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Clearly the expansion release is more important than a consistent playing field for the PvP season.. money talks

Well, I guess Arenanet have exceptional confidence on their balance, that if all goes according to plan, elite specializations won’t be completely OP compared to core and HoT.

Lol.

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I found this curious myself, to say the least.

Until the announcement, I was expecting the second expansion to release in early November, between seasons. But no, they’re releasing late September.

Then, I expected that they’d delay season 8 until after release. Nope. If anything, Season 8 started earlier than I was expecting. It does somewhat put paid to the idea that ArenaNet avoids balance updates during the season because they’re avoiding messing up the balance mid-season.

I guess the argument might be that the actual reason is that they don’t want to mess people up midseason by nerfing their build and forcing them to switch in the middle of a season, and they won’t be making any adjustments to core or HoT specs until the season ends? Even this, though, rings hollow, since PoF is bringing a lot of boonhate, so unless these boonhate builds prove subpar, any current build that relies on boons is going to be indirectly nerfed.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Because ANet wants to throw in some creativity, and get balance patches out for the gen 2 elites earlier.

PoF lauch vs league

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

personally i just hope every thief will play deadeye, that way i dont have to bother myself with preparing for thief +1, cuz lol that such a useless spec.

Also, im probably gonna be in unranked for few days first to test and get used to the specs