Power ele coming back dec 10th

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

Q:

“Staff ele’s will now be able to get blasting staff from tier one and now be capable of going for a trait such as Diamond Skin, or even Fresh air or high up in the Fire line.
Here are some examples of specs I’ve been messing around with:

0/30/10/30/0 (Tempest Defense, Elemental Shielding, Shared Auras with Cantrips and Dagger/Dagger)
0/0/30/10/30 (Diamond Skin bunker build)
0/30/30/0/10 (Tempest Defense, Diamond Skin, Double Arcane with recharge burst spec)
20/20/0/10/20 (Dps staff build based around sustain from Burning Fire)
0/10/0/30/30 (Generic D/D Arcane build)
0/20/0/20/30 (Generic S/D Burst build)
0/30/0/20/20 (Fresh air build)
Many more.."
-PvP and Balance QA
Tyler Chapman’s full post

What was meant to be said was
“Staff ele’s will now be able to get blasting staff from tier one and now be capable of going for a trait such as Tempest Defense & high up in the Fire line, Power Metas back baby!!”

~~VIDEO~~ I didn’t even have time to use frost bow
3v1 at keep 7 seconds YOUTUBE

So you can say what you want about staff elementalist right now and it may be a joke playing 30/20/0/0/20.
Although try imagining that video or that picture of 4.3k with the following buffs in a team fight;
30/30/0/0/10
Fire Magic: Burning rage (25) 5% more dmg.
Air magic: 10% higher crit dmg + 100 precision +Weak spot (25) vulnerability (easily 5-10%) +Tempest Defense +20% dmg w/4sec static shield 25s CD.
+Lets say eagle runes as a joke (because the video and picture are w/o runes) so add + 165 precision + 8% crit dmg +5% dmg. ALL at 77% crit chance.

They have stated numerous times that they are trying to shave specs or classes down. Why are we seeing such huge buffs?
Moving blasting staffs from 20 to 10. THE SKILL EFFECTS 20 SKILLS VS 4!! They nerfed necros greater marks from adept(10) to master(20) because it was OP and only affected 4 skills. Blasting staffs is going to break the game lol.

Why nerf greater marks and buff blasting staffs when the skill is 5x more powerful? I know you cant compare the same trait on different classes but you can see how OP it is!?

Picture: 1 hit of firestorm 4.3k

The spoiler is extra just showing how high the numbers can add up (OP is about blasting staff which is my main discussion point) Thanks

Imagine a team fight after patch with ele buffs.
Lets say the enemy is burning 5% + stunned 20% +18% crit dmg (8 runes, 10 traits), +265 precision (runes./traits), + Weak Spot 10% Lets add in Fire XI 20% crit.

Thats a critical for 7055! Do you want to add a flame blast sigil? 3k?. So 7k crits at my 77% crit chance. + random 3ks! This is w/o any might :p
I understanding Im squishy and its partly theory craft, but Ive been playing the build for over a month now in top 100 solo Q and maybe 10 or so games in top 100 Team Q. But with the dps boost and 4sec static aura every 25 secs, I know its going to be more survivable and twice the pressure.

This kind of ele in a match is obviously going to be the focus. But with static aura and a team made for peels, it could be used.Rosebud was the name of the sled.

Attachments:

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

I just think blasting staff shouldn’t be a 10 point investment for effecting 20 skills. Poor necro greater marks

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

None of the guys QQing about ele have the balls to play ele in its current state.

The buffs aren’t even significant here; nobody will run a glass staff in competitive matches.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

So you’ll die even quicker to a S/D theif, hurray!

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Not sure what you read, but nowhere did I mention after the buff elementalist would be easier to kill. How’d you even come to that conclusion lol. The freed extra 10 point gives a 4sec static aura on a 25sec CD, which is a huge survivability buff.

Nice trolling thanks

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

I just think blasting staff shouldn’t be a 10 point investment for effecting 20 skills. Poor necro greater marks

Well its not really 20 ..its 13DD
But really even with the trait you think the hit/miss rate of those spells compared to the marks of necro is nowhere near??
Id gladly let marks get the trait as a baseline if they all have 1+ sec cast time and another 3 sec dela before exploding in a big firework of nothingness :P

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Not sure what you read, but nowhere did I mention after the buff elementalist would be easier to kill. How’d you even come to that conclusion lol. The freed extra 10 point gives a 4sec static aura on a 25sec CD, which is a huge survivability buff.

Nice trolling thanks

Too bad with a guardian around in a teamfight or runes of lyssa you get stability, which makes your point null.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

@Avead
ya 13vs4. How much have you played ele, just wondering? Ive played ele and necro prolly 50/50
I find marks much weaker, dodging into them and such. So Id say marks miss much more than eles aoe.
Again I hate comparing them but its the only thing similar.

Chilblains 180r 20cd vs frozen ground 300r 40cd. 2x the CD but it covers the point and cant be dodged+being instant.
The games conquest and when something covers a capture point and only requires you to invest 10 effecting 13 skills is huge change right there.

Again they nerfed necros greater marks from a 10 cost to 20. We are seeing the opposite with something obviously more powerful. For build diversity lol?

@zenith Ele fights 1200r away so interesting youd say that. Lyssa is every 50s with basilisk, static is every 25s on daze or stun. So I wouldn’t quite say its null.
Im just not sure how Lily thought ele became more squish with the next patch, fill me in tho. Static aura is going to come up more than twice as much.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Guardian aoe stability is a 24 sec cd. Warriors have more access to stability than just lyssa.

The only class really affected by it would be thief, as other melee classes have ample sources of stability.

I think proccing frost aura would have been far more useful as shocking aura only affects melee, so the ele’s nemesis of engineer and necro really will hardly be affected by this change.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

@Zenith
Guardian stability is short. So your saying as a thief you always wait for the guard to throw stability on you then go 1200r away to kill the ele? Lyssa is the only way to get around the static aura for the theif but its twice as long. + not its not always the basilisk opener. Static aura comes out on s/d daze.

Thief is the only class that causes trouble for this spec.
The only way to catch up to ele is with another blink. As thief always uses bow, makes it the only problem.

Once you know the blink locations, Warrior, engi and necro aren’t really a threat.

Thief is the main problem for this spec. With a 25 static aura is far superior to frozen aura……, 10% dmg reduction or the chill is why you think its good? +its a simple blast off frozen ground.

I did mention the specific spec here and thanks for your interest with the ideas/counters. But the main point is the huge buff to blasting staff which opens tempest defense along with a grandmaster trait getting its CD cut more than in half is HUGE.

Its starting to feel like dhuumfire, Devs not knowing what they are doing. Missing specs like longbow warrior and throwing to many buffs not having enough testing/testers. They need to be quicker and smaller balances.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

OP doesn’t even play ele. Look at this sig and the starting armor he supposedly didn’t bother to slot proper runes in.

He’s also playing against terrible players. There’s nobody on the point and he somehow manages to bunch them up together there to down them all.

Although try imagining that video or that picture of 4.3k with the following buffs in a team fight;

Imagining it… yeah I see myself first to down after channeling meteor.

Nobody worth their salt would get hit by a slow activation ele staff skill that wasn’t set up or should even let the ele cast more than a few skills. There’s a reason people don’t take glass cannon staff eles now other than for the fun of seeing those big numbers and killing bads.

Tempest defense is getting its cooldown reduced to 25s to be in line with the dagger skill. That’s what you should complain about, which frankly no one does.

Also, necro marks had their baseline radius increased when the trait moved. I guess it’s convenient to leave out those kinds of details.

in PvP

Avead.5760

nonono ..i think you miss stuff.The specs you use as an example miss protection completely have around 13 k hp and zero toughness.Yes it has 1200 range,yes it can rain terror if stars align and meteors hit repeatedly or if you cc someone inside your fire 2.

But it can never be like dhuumfire necro was. That spec was tanky for the damage it had.The ele spec will melt to the mesmers gs autoattacks.Trust me. If ele comes vback it will be in the form of a condi immune bunker.I dont even bet any moeny on fresh air with diamond skins s/f tbh..The lack of elem attunement shows so much that you really think it should be baseline or something (and i can say that as unbiased as i can..maybe i suck but i cant play effectively a spec yet without that trait.)

in PvP

Avead.5760

Although to be entirely honest..If the enemy team manages to acheive that level of teamwork to protect that paper made ele from you then it kind of deserves to have access to that pwoerfull aoe.
I think this game lacks defined roles where you have tanks ,defined supports,nukers etc and that would be very similar.I kind of hope it works but i really doubt

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Although to be entirely honest..If the enemy team manages to acheive that level of teamwork to protect that paper made ele from you then it kind of deserves to have access to that pwoerfull aoe.
I think this game lacks defined roles where you have tanks ,defined supports,nukers etc and that would be very similar.I kind of hope it works but i really doubt

Pretty much this.

Nuker staff ele will basically be useless once a deeps roamer whatever even tries to chase it away since it’s usefulness is solely based on nuking a point on a far and safe range. Once that safe position is harassed, it’s a dead ele either being chased away from doing what it’s supposed to be doing or dying in less than 3 seconds. But if it is completely ignored, it will definitely bring havoc on node fights. So that’s pretty much an appropriate risk/reward kind of gameply right there.

And if OPs prediction really does come true after the patch, that’s just good news because to be honest, staff ele or heck any ele build is seeing ZERO play in it’s current state. When was the last time you ever saw a successful zerker staff ele on a competitive scene?

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

I do play ele and necro.
I ran the build about 10 games in the top 100 Team Q as well, lets say thief was a problem. With the dmg boost from going for Tempest defense everyone will be running 30 air and 10 in arcana

It doesn’t need 30 in fire, its only 300 power. You can run forge runes mist/armor of earth w/e you want for defense but tempest defense is gonna go along way.
And the main point is blasting staff is OP along with static aura.

Ill say staff ele will be the 2nd best viable class for berserker amulet behind staying in stealth as a thief, since ele has so many skills + tempest defense 25s!

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

since ele has so many skills

I lol’d at that one. If number of available skills is a warrant for being the best class, I don’t know what to say anymore.

Anyway, shocking aura on a 25sec CD may sound OP. But that 25second CD is not an automatic proc every 25 seconds. It procs when the ele is CCed. It cannot be activated by the ele at will. I can easily Magic Bullet the ele from a safe 900 range on my Mesmer and that Shocking Aura will do NOTHING to me since it only stuns melee attackers.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

@gallrvaghn
lol Im theory craft speaking here. Im referring to the supposed highest skill cap for thief and ele. The potential is there and they generally have the best chance. :p but lol a way your playing mesmer

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

Hahahah, staff ele viable lololol.

Have you seen a glass cannon ele? The latest installment in the series goes scepter/focus, with 1 good condi clear spell, an invulnerability, a block and major burst. This build has very high damage, and tools to pull that damage off. And it’s horrible, utterly masochistic to play in any competitive environment.

Now, staff has no invulnerability. It has no burst to speak of, the only advantage over scepter is +300 range and spells that are not single target, but AoE. So basically, the only advantage a staff ele has, is the ability to cover a point with it’s AoE.

Let’s take a look at classes that don’t give a single fracking frack: thief. What does it do? It kills elementalists. Either by sticking to them on s/d and killing them in about 10 seconds, or backstabbing them for a much more frontloaded effect. Or warriors, that jump on you through all your beautiful AoEs that are not dealing nearly as much DPS as you would have hoped in this case, and proceed to smash your face in, with whichever blunt instrument they are holding at the time. And have you heard of mesmers? I heard they can blink to you and use shatters, the kind of which eats through all of ele’s HP in one combo!

I think I have demonstrated my view on staff ele becoming anything close to viable.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

This should be in the ele thread.

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

I dont think ele will be viable, if u are talking about high to top lvl sPvP.
Two essential traits, the perma vigor one and the boons on attunement change one are being moved to master tier, so you cant get them together anymore.
So any build that is similar to the ones right now, with 30 arcana, will be a lot weaker.
If anyone figures out some magical build without more than 10 into arcana then maybe, but I just don’t see it coming. Also if u think about viability in that environment u need to think about what role the ele would fulfil. Maybe u will say the diamond skin trait will be strong in 1v1 vs full condi classes, but how would you ever fight 1v1, only if u played one of the outside points alone. But ele is useless for that since it has 0 mobility, u won’t even have swiftness on attunement swap anymore, in teamfights u will just run away with super slow speed and get melted by everything.
Maybe something with mainhand dagger, but that was never that strong, but thats the only way I see it working. It depends on teamfights usefulness, and 1v1 matchups if there is a decent teamfight build that has good mobility and deals with warriors 1v1 maybe, but yeah thats not very likely.

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I hope staff ele is never viable. Another no skill spam spec that belongs in pve

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.