Ppl keep /W me how bad i am

in PvP

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

So this is likje the 4th player that whisps me during unranked telling my how kittenty i am. I play casually and i find this game PvP to be very dificult, but enjoyable when you meet ppl at your skilllvl. I find warrior to me my most “succsesful” class However today i met a guardian who seemsed to know what he was doing. I wouldt go down easy.
At one point i managed to kill him and he whispers me how bad i am at warrior and so on and so on. It wasnt really trolling even just a passive aggresive tone like he was actually serious.

Not that i really care. I know i suck hence why im in unranked. But I mean is this how the PvP community is in Gw2?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

If you’re playing unranked, you’re fine. That’s exactly where you’re supposed to be learning pvp. Those players whispering you likely have personality disorders or entitlement complexes. If it was ranked, I could understand, but unranked has always been a kitten show.

in PvP

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

yes this is just how pvp is all together and with the changes anet made with the stuff at the end of the game with the losing team on the ground. is why I stopped playing pvp and pvp unranked all together . and I do not see anet changing this at all .

no new system upgrades coming

in PvP

Posted by: Helbjorne.9368

Helbjorne.9368

Yeah, had it been ranked you’d probably get flamed by both your team and the enemy team, and it wouldn’t be passive aggressive either. Death threats, racist remarks, and telling you to kill yourself are all pretty common.

Whose soul do I have to reap to get a Necro rework around here?

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I advise you instantly block flamers. It results in much nicer /w and /t messages. The only downside is potentially you may end up in a game with them again and not be able to see potential messages related to team play that are important. It’s w/e though.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Just block those people and move on.
It’s unranked, just keep doing your thing.
No one should bother you for playing unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Wisdom.4712

Wisdom.4712

All that you can do is wish them well

Spirits turned bitter by the poison of envy
Always angry and dissatisfied
Even the lost ones, the frightened and mean ones
Even the ones with a devil inside

Thank your stars you’re not that way
Turn your back and walk away
Don’t even pause and ask them why
Turn around and say goodbye

People who judge without a measure of mercy
All the victims who will never learn
Even the lost ones, you can only give up on
Even the ones who make you burn

The ones who’ve done you wrong
The ones who pretended to be so strong
The grudges you’ve held for so long
It’s not worth singing that same sad song

Even though you’re going through hell
Just keep on going
Let the demons dwell

Just wish them well

Science like nature must also be tamed, with a view toward its preservation.

in PvP

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

Well jokes on him we won 500-180, atleast i had most dmg and offence in my team :P

in PvP

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

I find that when I get whispered in that context, it usually has more to do with a particular player being agitated by me or my build (I usually play D/P Venom Thief, which is incredibly annoying to play against for most classes aside from Necro or Guardian) rather than my actual skill level. Since gaining proficiency with a variety of meta builds on various characters, I never really get whispers like this anymore. I recently was whispered by a Warrior egging me on and calling me a “coward,” but I just messaged him and explained that movement and creating distance after a failed gank is how you play Thief. I honestly would urge you to take almost every non-constructive criticism you receive in PvP with a grain of salt because there is a skill ceiling and if you’re truly not optimizing your usefulness in PvP, you will learn over time.

Also, some people’s brains just work differently, for example, I am quiet and don’t really gloat or taunt people with my skill. I just leave them in the dirt and let them make their own conclusions. However, there are other types of people that get immediately agitated that they’re getting ganked or destroyed because they don’t have an understanding as to why their tactics, performance, team, or any other combination of variables are failing them. In a lot of cases, the game isn’t always black and white. You can execute your rotation well, but still get beat out due to cooldowns, terrain, etc.

Don’t take it personally and try to aim for a level of demonstrable skill and aptitude that speaks for itself because when players get upset about this type of stuff, it’s usually because they want to be good, but feel like they’re not and are very vulnerable to critique.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

my main is a necro, and 2nd is a warrior, is strange this happen to u.

be watchful if u arent killed too fast. Warriors are expected to be bunkers. Warriors that uses zerk and killed fast gets lots of hate.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Wow, those guys are crap. Probably salty that you actually killed them.