Punish idle/rq players

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Posted by: Dreddo.9865

Dreddo.9865

Hello all,

I am sure this has been discussed thoroughly but I want to re-emphasize the need of some sort of action against deliberately idle/rage quitting players. PvP is a team game so when a player is raged and quits he leads his whole team into defeat. I had this happen a lot of time and it cost definitely the game.

I am not into the developers’ mind but possibly a ‘no action timer’ including skills, movement and positioning on the map (like never leaving the safe area) might indicate such a player.As a penalty I would propose giving him double the minus points for a defeat and if he repeats that even more.

What other people think?

Thanks.

PS – reporting an idle player doesn’t seem to do anything or does it?

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Smite and Paragon and other game’s dev teams solve this issue. It one of the most easiest issues to solve. All it takes and stat monitoring, video evidence, and even the suspect own admittance to the crime he/she is performing in the in game text chat, plus following trends.

These people are easily outed and suspending for sure at least in Smite and Paragon. I’m %100 sure about these two games. Because the devs will send you a post when you log in to the games, thanking you, and stating the person has been dealt with. They then have to create another account and then 150 plus hours of unranked matches to be able to troll rank again on their new account.

This issue will simply not be solved here in GW2. Because ANet indirectly sponsors, and approve of, these types of harmful and damaging behaviors in their Ranked Matches. Even with hardcore evidence. Crap match quality does not build a healthy population.

No matter how many PvE rewards you try to lure your PvEers in with. After the PvEers cap out on the rewards toward the middle of the season they are gone. Serious PvPers that lefted or PvPers playing other games that offers much higher match quality then GW2’s PvP. Will laugh and not think about joining this game for it’s PvP.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Posted by: Genesis.5169

Genesis.5169

I don’t know if its 375 to 100 and i see no hope I don’t plan to continue to fight and die next to incompetent players. There’s an afk penalty for 5min which is a good balance between rage and actual irl issues.

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

It is hard to do anything with people who stay near doors or points and let enemies capture it without video evidence. But “name and shame” over all you know bad people can do what they want because you can’t report them properly.

P.S. Need at least give dishonor to players who can’t leave the base in proper time. In low gold and lower ranks i see 1-2 ppl who stay afk on the base when match is started already. After 5-10 seconds they start to move but mid is lost already due to lack of people. These people ruin the match before start. If they are too busy to start to play in proper time don’t let them join ranked match.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Posted by: Akeno.1942

Akeno.1942

The excuse of not wanting to fight when your team is behind is what AFKers/manipulators hide behind. The AFK timer should be changed to 30s if you are in your safe starting area and there should be a hefty rank points penalty and a lockout from queuing again if your timer expires.

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I would implement a vote for dishonour in ranked. I four others vote it then the one gets dishonour like abandoning a match, which of course counts as to the usually dishonour accumulation. Or you store this vote and the MM takes it into account matching them together …

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

It’s no fun being roflstomped when you’re on a bad team or match up, but honestly why can’t people have the maturity to simply finish the game out? Is it that hard? I can’t imagine how some of these rage quitters function in real life if the trauma of losing a pvp game is too overwhelming.

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Dreddo.9865

I have experienced matches we were behind 100 pts or more and team pushed back and won. Of course the MMR isn’t perfect and extremely unbalanced matches occur but until you get that ‘375/100’ why not try giving your best? I had a case where a guy rq after the 1st fight of the game (where we lost mid) how normal is that?

Voting for dishonor might be a solution if it would be taken into account by the MMR engine. Also another solution could be a movement timer (a very tight one) who would inform the idle player and prompt him to move near a cap point.

For sure this is a serious issue and the devs should do something about it.

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

People RQ because of this.

When this stops, rq will stop too

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7fs61oomiogv5h/gw037crop.jpg?dl=0

We can see the 1st team is well balanced, but what can we see on the 2nd team? I think this person has every right to RQ/AFK or whatever else.

Ask yourself something. If every match u get 4-6 top stats and u have 10 match losses in a row, will u deserve these losses?

Why should this person be ok to play with a handicap? If he meets such team he has the full right to refuse to play as in his eyes this is a troll team.

How can you enjoy such game which is obviously 1vs5? MAX 2vs5!!! And half of your team are just walking points, which may be considered as match manipulation in his eyes.

(edited by bOTEB.1573)

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I can tell you that match throwers have personally told me that they dont mind being reported since anet doesnt do anything with the reports. These throwers get reported constantly and dont feel incentive to stop throwing matches

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Dreddo.9865

bOTEB your logic is wrong. Just some hours ago I had a game where our mesmer ask one of two necros to switch to ele. They didn’t and he almost refused to start the game – he decided that the current class group was useless. Only after we started pinging at him and asking him to move he finally did. And guess what we won easily by 200+ pts margin. If he hadn’t move we would have lost that game 100%.

There are some other topics that imply MMR engine isn’t that perfect (and I agree) but that isn’t an excuse to quit a match. You should think more of the team and less of your personal feelings. If you can’t handle that take a break go out for a walk, a drink, have some good time. Get yourself into some positive mood then compete. That’s my point of view and not aimed personally at you.

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

Your example has nothing to do with what the screen shows.
There are cases where idle/rq players should be punished, but a lot of the cases these people are right to give up.

For example, I had a match where 2 thieves in my team were going UNDER the spawn point of the enemy and dancing there, not attacking at all (Coliseum).

I have games where my team go straight forward to the enemy, all of them and they literally die for 2-3 sec, without doing a single attack and this happens 3 times in a row. Literally, I’m using teleport (to position myself near the enemy) with overload on an ele. Until the overload has been cast, they are all dawned, NOT JUST ONCE. After I cast my overload, I face 1vs4 where I die, LOOK NOW, in more than 10 sec!!!, using several abilities. And they flame me why I haven’t healed them, in these 2-3 sec, while I was overloading. I will understand this to happen once but if they die like this every single time?

From the start you see 4 people go close and after they capture it 2 still stay at the close and don’t move from there, telling us that they are defending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (while we fight 3vs5 middle and their close)

I can tell you a lot more scenarios, seriously…

Tell me, can I idle in such games?

The point is if u see that your team want to lose, you don’t have to try to win.

(edited by bOTEB.1573)

Punish idle/rq players

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I can tell you that match throwers have personally told me that they dont mind being reported since anet doesnt do anything with the reports. These throwers get reported constantly and dont feel incentive to stop throwing matches

They brag in map chat about it now too.

( I thought as game devs they had a responsibility and obligation to the player base to deal with this as per the Eula/ToS.)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)