Put Obsidian Sanctum in PvP Lobby

in PvP

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Obsidian Sanctum used to be a place full of activity and some very unique PvP action. Since it’s map chat was removed from EBG’s map chat, and the reward was nerfed twice, it has become pretty desolate, ruining a place where many people loved to PvP.

To bring it back, OS should be moved into the HotM map. Much like the portal to the little tutorial island, there could be another portal to the puzzle, which would share the same map chat as the HotM, and would be a place that people could duel and burn time while queuing for matches.

People could be placed on teams based on the order they enter the map, based on the server (like in EotM), or it could just be FFA.

OS needs some love!

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

absolutely love this idea!

in PvP

No Walking.6349

absolutely love this idea!

Definitely should be done

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Why not adding a dueling place in HotM without removing OS from WvW?

Yes, it isn’t used much anymore but sometimes people still like to fight there. And by moving OS to HotM it wouldn’t only change its place. It would also remove build variety due to the restrictions of PvP builds.

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

A pvp enabled area on HOTM yes please, let us practice during queues.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I would LOVE this! This is my favorite jumping puzzle in the game and I think the PvP community could breathe some life into this.

in PvP

No Walking.6349

Why not adding a dueling place in HotM without removing OS from WvW?

Yes, it isn’t used much anymore but sometimes people still like to fight there. And by moving OS to HotM it wouldn’t only change its place. It would also remove build variety due to the restrictions of PvP builds.

Even today I camp there often looking for good fights, sorry but nobody goes there any more, you’re talking about a demographic that doesn’t exist because of the OS nerfs. Moving it to HotM would solve all these problems and get it packed with people again!

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

It would solve nothing. It would just remove OS. Adding something else in PvP would do nothing for people, who want to duel in WvW. And they are still there, even if most of those fights take place in EB. Sometimes there is still a reason to go to OS.

Adding a dueling place in HotM which can be used during queues is a great idea. But it should be completely independent from OS. Because there are some fundamental differences between PvP and WvW.

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Would make too much sense.

in PvP

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

and the reward was nerfed twice

Huh? How so? And when? o.o

I don’t recall reading anything like that. Ever.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

No. Just let us play the game however we want while waiting for a queue pop for fracks sake. We could play pve and hotjoin while waiting for 2 years after the game was launched, but suddenly it’s impossible to do, lol.

Arenanet reasoning. I can’t even.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

But it’s meant to have combat. What would you do? Add Aetherblade or Zaishen masters to fight players?

And if added, why not also the puzzles from the Alpine borderlands? That way they could be removed from there, so the Borderlands can focus just on combat.

They could be on floating islands over the Heart of the Mists, so they aren’t see in the horizon and affect performance less.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

No Walking.6349

and the reward was nerfed twice

Huh? How so? And when? o.o

I don’t recall reading anything like that. Ever.

First they made the reward account daily instead of character daily, then they reduced the badges and loot you got from it. Separating OS and EBG map chat could have been considered a nerf too.

But it’s meant to have combat. What would you do? Add Aetherblade or Zaishen masters to fight players?

And if added, why not also the puzzles from the Alpine borderlands? That way they could be removed from there, so the Borderlands can focus just on combat.

They could be on floating islands over the Heart of the Mists, so they aren’t see in the horizon and affect performance less.

What? Players would fight each other. It would still be a PvP zone, just in the SPvP lobby instead of on a WvW server.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

We really need some hotm love and update. Idk what anet is kittening about

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Anything to make the Hotm something enjoyable is a plus.

Säïnt

in PvP

No Walking.6349

We really need some hotm love and update. Idk what anet is kittening about

Seems odd that they’d just abandon it. So much life used to be there.

in PvP

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

Yes!!! This idea is brilliant! I really miss fighting people in that puzzle! It was such a unique and fun part of the game. For a long time back in vanilla GW2 it was the main reason I logged in! Please bring this awesome place back to life!

in PvP

Posted by: GUN EM DOWN.4078

GUN EM DOWN.4078

They need to buff the rewards of OS and make it megaserver like HOTM there is something amazing about a progessive pvp map and trying to stop each other from getting to the end

Buff black chick | Esportsmanship | pref my eggs kicked | big black glock | peekaboo stance

the original dab daddy

in PvP

No Walking.6349

Yes!!! This idea is brilliant! I really miss fighting people in that puzzle! It was such a unique and fun part of the game. For a long time back in vanilla GW2 it was the main reason I logged in! Please bring this awesome place back to life!

I couldn’t agree more, was the main reason I logged in for a long time. Many people want this back.

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

+1 used to be my favorite zone to mess around in.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in PvP

No Walking.6349

+1 used to be my favorite zone to mess around in.

For a lot of people!