PvE players farm r50 in 2 weeks, disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Many say ranks mean nothing. I agree rank =/= skill, but rank still used to measure some sort of routine. Hotjoin was still a problem, but with this skyhammer gloryfarming, PvE players can achieve r50 in 2 weeks.

If I’d abuse a forgiving totally flawed PvE feature i would get a permanent ban and the method would be fixed in some days.

But after MONTHS, the problem was “mitigated” by removing the /gameend command. Now people just leave and rejoin the server. Still gives the same amount of glory.

PvP rank is all that PvP players had. Only had. Rank didn’t mean much, but it was the only thing we’ve got in a year. Now the last PvE farmer peasant can get r50 in 2 weeks without knowing anything about PvP.

You think this is fun? Is this how things work here? PvE players are holy and if they want Pvp rank oh they shall have it without work? Then give me my approx. 2000 gold i could have easily made by investing my time into PvE rather than PvP.

Also, people can no longer group up with others in Team Arena by rank because they lost faith.

Solution?
Remove glorygain from hotjoin.

If i want to keep up with the Pve farmers I have to farm Skyhammer in hotjoin 6 hours a day. Is this how you imagined PvP to be?

Edit: oh I forgot to mention. Now that Pvp reward overhaul is coming, guess who will benefit the most, No, not the PvP players. The PvE Skyhammer farmers. Unless they start rewarding tournaments.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I think I missed the memo where rank means absolutely anything at all?

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

No you missed every single word i wrote but the title…

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

Not sure about rank 50 in 2 weeks statement

Fixi

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Not sure about rank 50 in 2 weeks statement

10k glory / hour. Calculate.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Yes, I read all of it, of course. All of it seems to be based off the fact that you are offended because people can get something pointless. It’s all cosmetic and has literally zero show on skill, minimal show on time played – primarily it’s how much of a hotjoin hero you are. You’re upset that other people can show off how much of a hotjoin hero they are?

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

The people that just dismiss this are totally wrong. Rank is tied to certain armor skins and in the future you never know what rewards A-net might add to the game that are tied to rank or glory. They have mentioned numerous times they will be adding more rewards to spvp. Any kind of exploiting is wrong and should be rectified.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Yes, it should probably be addressed sometime soon. I don’t think it’s a gamebreaking issue, though.

I just find it crazy that people are willing to do a mind-numbingly repetitive task for two weeks straight, just to appear to be good at PvP even though they know they’re not.

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Agree 100%, all the ranking prestige is obsolete.

Skyhammer seems to damage SPVP in a lot of ways.

The only option i see now the damage is done . . . is to create another skill/ranking measure unit.

As easy to negate points if the kill was caused by enemy edge falling would fix all.

I still have hope for this company, i have 2 more months of hope to expend here.

in PvP

Posted by: Wombat.3510

Wombat.3510

Most of us could care less because we play for fun, not for rank. If I can easily kill someone 10-20 levels above me, all the better!

in PvP

SoLeciTO.3490

Most of us could care less because we play for fun, not for rank. If I can easily kill someone 10-20 levels above me, all the better!

i don’t care also much for the levels . . . but OP is correct, a lot of people feel proud of their ranking in this sucks for them obviously.

The only thing i care is that we struggle to get some items bound to the ranking that we really fought to have.

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

We have more changes coming to further hinder this type of behavior.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: dzindzinier.6138

dzindzinier.6138

a bit too late ….
why cheating , exploiting …..in this game has no punishment ?

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

armors, weapons,finishers.

All based on ranks.

Rank is the only thing a PvPer can get to make his character to not look like an idiot PvE scrub.

And guess what ?

This is a “cosmetic only” game.

Draw your conclusions.

Really? My character looks awesome and it certainly isn’t from being a high PvP rank. Rank really doesn’t matter. I can kill a r50 just as easily as a r1. Heck I’ve been owned by r5s before and roflstomped r50s, it makes no freaking difference. I play PvP because its fun and I’m good at it. Who cares what everyone else is doing? Good is good and bad is bad, rank doesn’t change that.

I doubt your character looks awesome with the terribad armors we have available till rank 40-50.

Take a look at frost weapons, and such.

This game is about cosmetics, so they’re important. The armor you can gain ( cosmetics) is based upon rank.

People farming ranks by exploits are rewarded more than people taking PvP seriously, without accounting they can buy chests, craft dyes and farm monesy ( if they’re patient enough) more than a serious PvP player.

I don’t really care about why you play, if it’s for fun or not.

Rank farming should not happen in any way, there’s no way people should be rewarded MORE than serious PvPers for playing the game in the worst possible way, unlike it was designed.

Rewards and HJ farming are one of the biggest reasons why no one takes this game PvP seriously.

This is a fact, think whatever you want.

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Thank you for the reply.

But we don’t need further “hindering”, we need obliteration. And every day matters, we can’t wait another months.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Rank should be a sign of experience in sPvP. It doesn’t show skill, but it should at least show how much time someone has dedicated to playing.

I hope we see bans for the worst exploiters, and that they remove glory/rank gain from custom arenas (not all hotjoin).

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I did every daily (thus at least 3 matches) a day for 6 months now, i’m r22. Enlighten me how to get r50 in two days cause i dont get it and i want it…

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

THOSE SKYHAMMER CUSTOM HEREOS RUINING TEH RANK SYSTEMMMMMMS.

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Focused farming is a problem in GW2 but I am not sure if there is a proper way to prevent it. I mean, it counts both in PvP and PvE. Look at people who farmed CoF1 for hours and hours becouse that gave them insane gold/hour ratio. Look at people now who are ready to train champs for 8h per day. Those people run with multiple legendaries later on, but seriously, is it worth it? Is it worth to farm Skyhammer with some mundane task for hours without end? Where is the fun in that? What is the goal? To get burned out and quit? If they want to do that, let them. I much rather mix and match my game time and do what is fun instead of treating it like a job where your gold/hour or glory/hour is the only thing that matters.

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Simple solution…

Start over. Rank progression was implemented so badly and left for so long that you need to create a new system that rewards tourney wins and ignores custom/hot join. Tie the rewards to the new Rank system that actually rewards playing the game correctly instead of gaming the system.

in PvP

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

TO FREAKIN LATE A NET! I busted my kitten off in both pve and pvp. I got my legendary in pve came back to bust my kitten in pvp and i am only 45. I took 2 months off at most of pvp. And now rank 50s already from people who do not even pvp as much as a lot of us. Those of us who have busted our kitten should get something out of this but we know you wont do anything to help the people who mostly/mainly pvp. You just took away the one thing that set someone apart that played spvp since the start. Finishers/gear… since this IS A cosmetic only GAME! Way to drop the ball.. HARD!

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

Yes, I read all of it, of course. All of it seems to be based off the fact that you are offended because people can get something pointless. It’s all cosmetic and has literally zero show on skill, minimal show on time played – primarily it’s how much of a hotjoin hero you are. You’re upset that other people can show off how much of a hotjoin hero they are?

PvP rank might not have an intrinsic value but it is meaningful to some people because of the time and perhaps effort involved in acquiring the rank through legitimate means.

While an individual such as yourself might not care about rank, the value of that rank, or how meaningful it is, there are many others that do. The point being raised here is that this is essentially an exploit and it has largely been ignored.

Anet would not ignore a similar exploit if it was happening elsewhere in the game and further as history has proven, there would also be mass bans handed out to those people that grossly misused it.

I for one don’t much care either way about the glory farming but I am in favor of Anet being consistent throughout the entirety of their game at preventing exploits and punishing those that knowingly abuse them regardless of the value or meaning.

in PvP

Posted by: Wombat.3510

Wombat.3510

Likewise, I don’t like it when people gain rank by not being a team player by just capping points back and forth and tagging people. No matter what, some people are going to farm in order to gain gear, money or rank. You can complain about it all you want but you will never stop it.

If someone can sit there and grind by jumping off a ledge 1,000,000 times, they deserve just as much rank as somone who tags people and stealths away or caps an unattended point 1,000,000 times.

in PvP

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Just a reminder: Glory <> Rank.

And what’s all this about Skyhammer? I’m a PvE guy who sometimes plays PvP, but I’ve done so since launch and I’m only Rank 13 or so. Am I doing something wrong?

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Simple solution…

Start over. Rank progression was implemented so badly and left for so long that you need to create a new system that rewards tourney wins and ignores custom/hot join. Tie the rewards to the new Rank system that actually rewards playing the game correctly instead of gaming the system.

That wouldn’t support their concept of casual-gain. Never gonna happen :/

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

SoLeciTO.3490

Simple solution…

this.

Honestly anet at this point do you think we really care if you fix something that already made a lot of damage.

Fixing this could now consider unfair also . . . all the people who exploited the system will maintain their “rank” while others must play for 1 year to accomplish the same they did in blink of an eye.

The damage is done already think in another reward system now we all start from 0 and has REAL REWARDS after more than 1 year.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

They should remove rank from glory. Or at least separate hot join, solo qu and team arena. Or change rank to PvP level since rank implies more than it means.

a bit too late ….
why cheating , exploiting …..in this game has no punishment ?

How do you prove that? Or so you think there is a method to it? Why don’t you suggest ways to prove that they were cheating or exploiting?

Rank has always meant every little, the fact that people are making a big deal of out if doesn’t suddenly increase it’s worth.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

in PvP

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

rank only means something to us b/c of the gear finishers… I love it when i go into WvW and do my tiger on my server and those that wvw all the time are like WHOA cool. I am just like wait till i get shark! (long time off) It’s the only thing that had any worth in this games pvp.. hotjoin is already a joke. this just made it that much worse.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Spelling B Champ.3264

Spelling B Champ.3264

This is clasic Anet dev response shakes head…….

Despite the fact that many of the noobs here have failed to grasp the importance of what the OP is getting at this is a huge issue. R50 is no small feat (time wise of course NOT skill wise) it takes quite a few months of playing on a daily basis for a couple hours (3-4 months?) Imagine if PvP players were going into dungeons and farming the equivalent of 3-4 months of gold in 2 weeks? The situation would be dealt with before 2 weeks was even up and i bet the vast majority of people who were involved in this exploit would receive some kind of punishment. NOT IN PVP THOUGH! we get a fix that doesnt even address the problem and then a vague statement from a dev about something possibly maybe happening in the future to rectify this…ROFL!

in PvP

Posted by: Metatail.1306

Metatail.1306

Start over, that’s right!
Remove rank points from hotjoins. Remove Glory altogether, introduce a new PvP currency – say, Fame (kitten yeah!). Reset everyones ranks, let people keep their emotes/finishers and rank titles and make them not obtainable again. Refund a certain % of lost Glory in form of Fame up to a certain number cap.
PvP rewards system fixed!

in PvP

Posted by: Cosine.7841

Cosine.7841

Hindering it going forward is fine, but any gains from this method needs to be retroactively removed (and possibly punishment given out—obviously an exploit).

One you could do is check total rank points earned against number of games played (finished). If it is more than 300 or so per game (whatever the cap is), something is wrong. This would only work for exploiting after the /gameend was addressed.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

How to get moe (PvE) Players into PvP?
Give them something to farm (without needing any Skill).

That “there will be changes” shows how important the PvP is.
How fast was the Karma-Exploit in the Beginnings of GW2 fixxed and didnt even players got banned for it?
There are even “Skyhammer-farm”-Custom-Arenas. But hey, those guys are paying for the Arena so lets them have fun!

Additionally, ANet could also make something, that you get the PvP-Dailies only by “real” PvP.
There are too much Guys, just taking an empty arena and make their dailies by without actually fight.
Of course, this isnt even “faster” then just play some rounds of PvP, as you sill need the “3 fights”-daily but it is still some kind of exploit in my eyes (and it shows that those guys have absolute no interest in real pvp).

in PvP

Posted by: BryBry.8409

BryBry.8409

I don’t think any players honestly give a kitten that someone wanted to farm a pvp rank, if anything they’d probably feel bad for the people that wasted so much time doing jumping off a map. I mean lets be honest, pvp is a flaming dog pile of kitten. The interesting thing will be to see if the players that used this method are punished via bans, as players who have abused exploits in pve to lvl up in a significantly faster way have been banned. The question is, will Anet take the same route here? Or will they let it slide because Arenanet also doesn’t give a flying kitten about pvp.

Edit: Also, don’t forget that if this was an issue with using a method to significantly lvl up faster in PvE a solution/fix would be found much more quickly. While in this situation, people wanting a fix will more than likely have to wait for a duration of at least the next “game changing” pvp patch.

(edited by BryBry.8409)

in PvP

Posted by: Albus.8614

Albus.8614

I recently got to r40 strictly through tournaments. I agree with the OP: it is disgusting that hotjoin farmers who invested a fraction of the time and effort that I exerted are surpassing me in reward (glory) and recognition (rank titles and finishers). Custom arenas (formerly hotjoins) should only be a place to test new builds, scrimmage with friends, and for new players to learn the basic mechanics of pvp.

Please disable glory gain and rank progression in custom arenas. Furthermore, for any rewards that are put in the game in the future, I hope you retroactively cancel rank gained from hotjoin and adjust player’s current rank to only reflect points gained from tournaments.

And for all those saying “rank means nothing”… well maybe it means nothing to you. But when I look at my rank I can be proud at having earned it legitimately while honing my pvp skills in tournaments. Can you say the same about yours?

in PvP

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Haha my guild mate, who is legit r10, mentioned that the r40-r50’s that he was paired up against last night did not seemed very good.

I guess we know why.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

armors, weapons,finishers.

All based on ranks.

Rank is the only thing a PvPer can get to make his character to not look like an idiot PvE scrub.

And guess what ?

This is a “cosmetic only” game.

Draw your conclusions.

Really? My character looks awesome and it certainly isn’t from being a high PvP rank. Rank really doesn’t matter. I can kill a r50 just as easily as a r1. Heck I’ve been owned by r5s before and roflstomped r50s, it makes no freaking difference. I play PvP because its fun and I’m good at it. Who cares what everyone else is doing? Good is good and bad is bad, rank doesn’t change that.

You are right, it doesn’t mean anything, but that is the OP’s point. Rank shouldn’t be pointless. It shouldn’t be farm-able by using despicable tactics to lessen its impact. You ask who cares? The OP cares. The simple fact is that hotjoin shouldn’t reward people with the same reward as Team or solo queue matches. I would go so far as to say they should have a system in place where Team Arenas give out different tiles and rank gain that even solo queue, but I will settle for just getting it out of hotjoin. if it is as wide spread as the OP seems to think it is, then there should be a glory reset for hotjoin as well.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Gentleman and possibly ladies, baddies will be bad regardless of rank. It is sad that players have the ability to farm rank which does diminish the perks that can go along with rank. But it doesn’t really matter, because in the end they just aren’t as good as those that truly earned the ranks.

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Is this how things work here? PvE players are holy and if they want Pvp rank oh they shall have it without work?

Exactly.

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Evan… I have played this game regularly for One Year! I have reached an honest rank 43 1/2 with sweat and tears, and I’m proud of this. But then I come on the forums and see something like this, and then I look at one of my friends who could make it from rank 30- rank 60 in the summer by farming… This ’’hindering’’ is mercy they don’t deserve, for many exploits PvErs got banned, and now we see something this disgusting in PvP, and you want to ’’hinder’’ it. I’d rather you reset that ONE YEAR of work I played to to punish those who did farm this much.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

THOSE SKYHAMMER CUSTOM HEREOS RUINING TEH RANK SYSTEMMMMMMS.

they tok our jerbs!

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

That’s dissappointing to hear. I’ve been taking a break from pvp until i can get my computer stuff together so i dont hav to play with a wireless mouse and bad graphics card. I made it to rank 34 or so playing normally(both hotjoin and soloque). Apparently everyone is surpassing me by farming :[

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

I think the point is that its too late. You ruined the pvp ‘economy’.

Most pvpers dont care, I’ll grat you, but some do. Else why even have the system? You can abandon the overhaul of pvp rewards now and release it 1/2 assed like everything else on pvp – it now means nothing. The ridiculous release of maps as the pvp community cries for EVERYTHING ELSE has broken that system.

in PvP

SoLeciTO.3490

This situation reminds me Diablo 3 AH.

NOOO THAT HELL AGAIN NO!!

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

ha.

d3 has more twitch viewers than gw2

in PvP

SoLeciTO.3490

But not even half of active players.

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

With the relatively small effort this will take to fix, and Anet already being aware of the problem, I’m not sure why you didn’t dedicate the time spent making this thread into creating some kind of more-productive discussion to better the bad state this game is in PvP-wise.

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

While rank is fairly worthless…it’s only worthless in its current form. In the future you may get some significant rewards for your PvP rank. Not to mention as someone else said before this is very much a cosmetically driven game, so gaining those rewards for no real effort could be a slap in the face for those who enjoy the aesthetic progression but are going about it in a legitimate fashion.

You would think there would be some way to roll back those that abused this by seeing who gained unnaturally high amounts of glory in a short amount of time.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Edragor.9164

Edragor.9164

PvP rewards linked to invested time is a VERY BAD design choice..and maybe some day even game devs will realize it…maybe.

Pvp rewards linked to amount of games/tourneys won is not better…cause you can sync games

suggestion:
Best choice would be…linking rewards to the ladder (even if its broken in its current implementation)
If u loose rank you should be able to use it for like 5 additional games, if you cant get back to the former/required rank finishers will be downgraded and high-ranked equip discarded into inventory. Unable to use them until you get back to the required rank.

…and delete all glory ranks. period. No real pvper will whine about it…

in PvP

Posted by: Burn Notice.7234

Burn Notice.7234

Hey kiddo, guess what!

Nobody cares about the PvP “community”!

It’s literally a farming minigame, the only thing there is to do is farm rank. Don’t get mad because people figured out how to do it without wasting a year of their life ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

The people that just dismiss this are totally wrong. Rank is tied to certain armor skins and in the future you never know what rewards A-net might add to the game that are tied to rank or glory. They have mentioned numerous times they will be adding more rewards to spvp. Any kind of exploiting is wrong and should be rectified.

This. If these glory farmers get away with this whole bullcrap once decent PVP rewards and achievements are released, it’s over.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”