PvP Cultural Armor/Emperor Title (Answered!)

in PvP

Posted by: NiftyNags.7946

NiftyNags.7946

Q:

Will PvP cultural armor have the capability of counting towards the emperor title after the April 15th update? Will it ever have this capability? If not, why?

Other posts asking the same question (googled):

Sorry if this isn’t the most important of issues at the moment, but there are some of us who would really like to know before we go off and spend a ton of gold and glory on skins and end up having to pay for them all over again if they don’t count towards the Fashion achievements. I take that back. Most important issue ever. Dat Emperor.

(edited by NiftyNags.7946)

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

A:

As it currently stands, the achievement will only progress when soul-binding the actual armor pieces bought from the vendors and not by applying it’s skin. It is possible to make the achievement use skins instead, but there is no plan for it at this very second.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

I would guess yes, since all PvP skins are going into the wardrobe there will be no way to differentiate between pve cultural armor or pvp. Of course they may do something stupid and not have it count…

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

That’s what I would hope, but if the PvP armor just becomes a skin in the wardrobe, applying that skin to armor might not count because we currently have to soulbind the actual armor piece.

I guess it’s better to ask if the PvP armor is intended to progress the achievement, then if it doesn’t right after the patch, it would at least be something that is eventually fixed.

in PvP

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

My first reaction was yes, this is absolutely logical. But then I read the description: “Soulbind 90 unique pieces of cultural armor.” Which looks to me like that title was designed for only one grand purpose – a fantastic gold sink. This is why it was not already implemented for PvP, and why the PvP skins do not become “items” after the patch but skins that can be applied to items. One crystal is still less expensive than t3 armor though, so I’d say buy the t1 and t2 pieces and use your free charges (80 charges if your new rank is 80) to get the t3 unlocks for the emperor title. It would, however, make no sense whatsoever if you had to buy a t3 skin you already own just to get the title.

Dev clarification would be nice!

in PvP

Posted by: RustyEyeballs.8927

RustyEyeballs.8927

This begs the question. Why are the Cultural Armor bought with glory just skins and not the actual gear?!

We’re paying practically full price for them.

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

Dev clarification would be nice!

This would most definitely be nice!

I don’t want to waste 120-180 gold and 120,000-180,000 glory for something that doesn’t make me an emperor!

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i have the title but sadly i nver kept all the armors and i just learn even though i already have the emperor title i have to reaquire all the cultural gear i once bought.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

Maybe this is something outside of the PvP team’s control/knowledge? Maybe this situation was just overlooked entirely?

in PvP

Posted by: SKnew.8612

SKnew.8612

bump, need Dev clarification

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

its stated from devs that you have to have the pieces of armor in you either wearing it or in your bag, its sadden me that even the dragin bash back item and lost shores once that i lost i will never have it back even though i can see in my account history that i achieved those but i dont wanna demand from devs they already made so much progress in QOL.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

bump, need Dev clarification

Yes please. We can try and guess, but Dev clarification would be great if possible =)

in PvP

Posted by: Alora.6841

Alora.6841

The Devs have been ignoring this question for months now.

I am Commander Shepard and Evons Company is my favorite store in Lion’s Arch.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Read the emporer title: it says that the pieces must be soul bound.

That means that the pvp skins wolnt contribute to the title unless the title is changed, and it probably wolnt be.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Alora.6841

It says “soulbound” on my pvp-armor.

Besides: That is still no reason for the devs not to answer the question.

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

Read the emporer title: it says that the pieces must be soul bound.

That means that the pvp skins wolnt contribute to the title unless the title is changed, and it probably wolnt be.

It may or may not count towards the achievement depending on how the gear is put into the wardrobe, how skins are applied to armor, etc. Most importantly it depends on what they intend PvP cultural armor to count as. I would assume that the PvP version counts toward the achievement because, to me, it seems totally unfair for it not to, but I don’t feel like making such an expensive assumption.

I really think we need Dev clarification to know what their intentions are with this armor.

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

As it currently stands, the achievement will only progress when soul-binding the actual armor pieces bought from the vendors and not by applying it’s skin. It is possible to make the achievement use skins instead, but there is no plan for it at this very second.

Thanks for the reply, Evan! We really appreciate it!

Well, there we have it! Although I don’t know how much influence the PvP/balance team would have over this, I hope it eventually gets changed to include the cultural armor bought through PvP. I think I have enough hope to buy one or maybe two of the sets but not going to risk any more than that.

Thanks again Evan. Been frustrated with this question for a while. You made my day!
(Even though I am disappointed that it won’t count =P)

in PvP

Posted by: Domo.1798

Domo.1798

Except the achievement doesn’t even work like that as is. It says when you soulbind but in PvE it awards you for when you buy it and not soulbind (and I’m pretty sure it’s account bind on acquire)

in PvP

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Except the achievement doesn’t even work like that as is. It says when you soulbind but in PvE it awards you for when you buy it and not soulbind (and I’m pretty sure it’s account bind on acquire)

I just checked in-game: it’s soulbound on acquire
That said I think Anet should implement that skinning the armor piece should count towards the achievement. I don’t have PvP cultural armor but I don’t want people that did go through considerable trouble in PvP to get cultural armor to have to go through pointless grinding -again – just to get this title. They earned the skin. So they earned the title.

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Oh well. I already sqlvaged 5 pieces, because I wanted to get phoenix okena an make infinite light… But I only got powders 5 times :’(

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Posted by: IronDogg.3219

IronDogg.3219

As it currently stands, the achievement will only progress when soul-binding the actual armor pieces bought from the vendors and not by applying it’s skin.

Evan Lesh, do you not think that this should have been a very important customer service detail to include when you guys announced that glory was done and provided a bunch of expensive armors to buy?

It is possible to make the achievement use skins instead, but there is no plan for it at this very second.

Its possible and you are not doing it? Why is there no plan for it? Would Anet customer service refund my glory/gold and take the armor back?

in PvP

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Yeah, my wife wasted a ton of gold and glory on this only to find that it didn’t count toward the achievement.

That was a downer for sure.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in PvP

Alora.6841

I have to agree that it is highly unfair. I will get 2 of the cultural armors anyway because I want the skin and dont know anything else to spend the glory on, but if I want the title at some time I dont want to spend another 240 Gold that I already spent as 120Gold+120k Glory.

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

My guess is that it’s just low priority to change this achievement, but I think there are enough of us getting the short end of the stick here that maybe they will change it within a reasonable amount of time.

in PvP

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

My guess is that it’s just low priority to change this achievement, but I think there are enough of us getting the short end of the stick here that maybe they will change it within a reasonable amount of time.

That sounds reasonable. I also noticed that Evan said:

It is possible to make the achievement use skins instead, but there is no plan for it at this very second.

So maybe they’ll look into it in the not-too-distant future.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

That sounds reasonable. I also noticed that Evan said:

So maybe they’ll look into it in the not-too-distant future.

Heh, I was latching my hope onto the same exact thing, but he also didn’t say that they feel it should count towards the achievement, so they might not have a plan for it because they have some reason why they don’t want it counting, although I can’t imagine what that would be.

in PvP

Posted by: Apoteka.6471

Apoteka.6471

If i knew it before kitten ….. so i wasted 180g and 180k glory ^^ that make me really sad seriously (i guess there is no refund).

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

Are there or have there been any other problems similar to this one? I’m trying to think of similar issues that might give us an idea of how we can expect this one to be treated.

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

I wonder what would happen if we saved an Armor Box without opening it. Maybe it would completely vanish, and we wouldn’t even get the skin. Or maybe if we open it after the patch, it’ll give us gear we can soulbind toward the achievement…