PvP needs racial finishers

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

—Asuras, do something stupid like stuff your face with a pillow or poke you with a needle. (Don’t make there finisher too good, because you want people to not play tiny race in PvP).
—Slyvari do something like plant a seed and out of ground a massive beanstalk blows out of the corpse and the person getting finish has a loud pain cry (people hate it when getting whooped by someone and hearing ‘urahhhh’, people that win love hearing there victims squeal/scream in pain). Slyvari should have best finish because people dislike Slyvari (too ugly) and need more people to love them.
—Humans do something like elbow drop, hulkmania leg drop, something simple.
—Charr do something like stand over there victim and just ground pound them and after 10 quick ground pounds raise there arms up and head up and ROARRRRR.
—Norns do something like CHOKESLAM and then do a double bicep pose and laugh like Nintendo punch out soda poplinski.

I mean you finished/killed killed them, there’s no reason why you cant play with the dead. These finishers beat stupid pole going through people. Should be that you press shift F (finish keybind) that if you want to do racial and regular (finish keybind) for regular finisher. Racial finisher for humilations, and no threat present because of how long they take. PvP needs some spice to the game, this is a step towards adding spice to the game of PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

Interesting idea, but what are “Asuras”, “Slyvari” and “Norns”?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Rather have them spend time fixing pvp or something than making more finishers.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Rather have them spend time fixing pvp or something than making more finishers.

Like what?
Leaderboards? Dude if they haven’t fixed that now it aint never gonna get fixed because that’s a simple kitten job, don’t take no team of people to fix a simple thing like that.
Server stability? All it is, is that lone network IT, fix it up and do nothing but wait for next time server is unstable.
Balance? Dude they been balancing forever, they need to stop this kitten, StarCraft didn’t undergo balances for 2 years straight. If they focusing on balance they doing it wrong, serious.
New maps? I can agree
New finishers? I can agree
New tournaments? I can agree, however it don’t take a whole team to do this, its just a structural change, its not like changing mechanics of anything, its just a bunch of programming, if wins continue, if lose go to loser bracket, stupid simple stuff, they should have plenty of templates of that kitten. No need for months of work.

If you want to see stuff get fixed you got to be more specific than say, they need to fix other stuff. Because they are fixing other stuff but since you aint specific they aint tending your needs, and racial finishers is a great idea. They better do something all right, do my racial finishers I want.

Also they have teams, I’m pretty sure Jon Sharp has nothing to do with network stability so flaming him because PvP servers are bad is wrong thing to do because he don’t touch networks. So the things you want to see get fixed (which is nothing because you didn’t mention anything) could be not affected to what I’d like to see implemented because the people who do what I want don’t deal with what you want (nothing).

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well i think special animation finishers may be hard to pull off, because what happens when the stomp is interrupted halfway?

but yeah when i asked for special finishers during beta weekends, i meant something like this, not what we have now.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

You know, I was thinking that with the endurance bars that they have, they could just allow it when you have full endurance and it depletes all endurance. Maybe this could be a guaranteed finish, only thing is you must have full endurance and it depletes all endurance afterwards.

When I think of racial finishers, I’m thinking like mortal kombat finish him, type finishers. Otherwise known as power finishers, you shouldn’t really do these power type finishers in middle of a team fight unless your team is clearly dominating.

If they don’t want to go with the full endurance depletion route, than the enemy just falls back on the ground when the person doing the finisher gets knocked away.

Maybe allow some races like norn, when they go for choke slam finisher, you have to knock them away in order to go for a rez, which would give them an edge against other races.

Asura’s already have an edge by being small, time to give other classes an edge/ another factor of pvp to think about. Slyvari should be able to rez quickly, like the ranger pet, nobody likes playing Slyvari, you need to make them have something unique.

Now I’d like to see racial finishers before any of that other stuff happens, if they decide to go off another idea.