Pvp broken beyond repair?

in PvP

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

Am I the only one who feels like the gamemode as it stands right now is not fun anymore?

Half of the time a match seems to be decided before it even started, the elite specs got so much sustain/damage/cc/condi on them that it feels like a cluster—— of skills and that there is no more strategy involved in actually playing pvp.

Would there even be a chance for anet to still fix the gamemode as a whole or is it better to just quit gw2 alltogether?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

can i have your golds?

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

It can be repaired… It’s just a matter of AN devoting time to fix what is now broken

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

See if by some miracle the July 12 balance patch significantly nerfs elite specs. If not, quit for good.

I’m done with hoping beyond hope that ANet will ever properly balance brain-dead OP elites. Their current profession design team hasn’t shown any promise, nor has ANet announced any changes to its composition.

And no, you can’t have my gold.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

the elite specs got so much sustain/damage/cc/condi on them that it feels like a cluster—— of skills and that there is no more strategy involved in actually playing pvp.

So much this. Elite specializations, right now, do too many things at once. Just take a look at reaper death shroud: #3 is stab AND fear, #4 puts high condition pressure AND deals high damage AND is a whirl, #5 deals high damage AND is a stun AND is a chillfield.
This is true for basically all elite specialization, even the ones out of the meta (and they are outside cause they are either too clunky – WH ele, GS necro – or not filling the right role – warrior shield preferred to torch cause of its defensive nature, for instance).

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Let put it this way.

I am SOOO put off from the competitive/ pvp that I outright refuse to played Overwatch now despite the fact I know people are having a good time on it.

Ok granted I been playing Dead Star lately. At least in that game it’s not frustuting to lose since you still get reward from losing!

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

The main issue with pvp is the matchmaking, they intentionally stack teams, 1 team that’s better against 1 team that’s weaker & organized premades against unorganized randoms. So matches outcomes are determined before they start… of course that’s not gonna be fun. The only problem I have with skills is that all the core skills are pretty useless, they should un nerf all the core skills & traits that have been nerfed over the years and give us back all the amulets and runes they took away, I’m sure builds would be fun again if they did that, and you’d probably see more diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If it can’t be solved by just adding in MORE power creep, then it won’t be solved.

Just accept it.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

See if by some miracle the July 12 balance patch significantly nerfs elite specs. If not, quit for good.

I’m done with hoping beyond hope that ANet will ever properly balance brain-dead OP elites. Their current profession design team hasn’t shown any promise, nor has ANet announced any changes to its composition.

And no, you can’t have my gold.

Can I have your materials?

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Tengu Talons.7921

Tengu Talons.7921

Its not broken beyond repair. Its just most everyone who cared for fun and balanced pvp has left already. Lets see those S4 queue times.

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

I just finished a 30 min que only to lose. 22 times in this season I have been 2 pips from diamond only to go back to 10 pips from it – I see the same pattern over and over. Also, the same people get paired with me over and over and they just go afk, or do nothing except dance around in the middle of the map. What is anet thinking? I too think I have had it after 15 years of playing gw. I loved pvp, but its broken beyond repair, the community is so toxic and the players so casual and clueless that all of the fun has gone out of it for me.

I will give my gold and materials away in Lions Arch when I do leave. Pretty pathetic that someone who plays pvp as long as I do can’t get out of ruby – I would have to be a total noob moron to not be able to get out of ruby after 3 seasons and playing nearly daily at pvp for hrs a day since beta, and I’m neither stupid nor a noob.

I’ve lost hope anet will do anything. I mean a simple change like resetting mmr and they didn’t even do it at the beginning of the season. Why not? No one has even been able to give me a good reason why not, especially when it might have gone a long way to restoring the fun and competition for people. Now there’s no one left playing on my teams but newbies cuz my mmr got tanked on day 1 of seas 2 and Ive been carrying it on my back ever since.

Great game. Totally ruined by anet’s refusal to make simple changes. There’s no one even playing the game anymore – even in pve or wvw. Why o why? Soooooo sad. But disgusted too. One more week of this stuff and I’m outta here.

in PvP

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

Refer to my signature…

Traits changed so drastically and suddenly and then condi stacking was thrown on top of it. Then they went and tossed a whole new trait line full of extremely over powered things and gave every class a new wepaon…

Since then AN has done very little balancing and actually decreased build diversity. To top it off they remove half the amultes because they don’t like stats when the issue was always the traits and skills and never the stats (except cele which was silly op)…

I gave up on PvP mid season 2 and I don’t see myself ever being competitve again.

Just to be clear I didn’t stop because I can’t win (because I can), I don’t play because I grow tired of playing 100’s of games a month against the exact same professions, running the exact same builds, every single game, with the only difference between games is player nameplates…

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Well they did add an unblockable class with short CD evades and blocks (4 in total) between sword/sword and staff on revenant. Allong with the damage to practically one shot people, be unblockable, and reveal stealth while having two healing skills and free protection/regeneration/fury. Ofcourse this game would be broken. And oh wait? There is another class with healing and condition removal on shatter 50% damage reduction and even more weapon set defenses than revenant including stealth utilities. This of course is only trumped by a scrapper that hits like a thief with a.a. and stealth and is hard to kill thanks to stealth gyro/healing turret. But that is the tip of the iceberg as druid can heal 10k health with one skill not including the healing it gets on staff and the healing skill it has slotted or even the healing it can get from it’s traits. In reality this power creep broke the game.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Refer to my signature…

Traits changed so drastically and suddenly and then condi stacking was thrown on top of it. Then they went and tossed a whole new trait line full of extremely over powered things and gave every class a new wepaon…

Since then AN has done very little balancing and actually decreased build diversity. To top it off they remove half the amultes because they don’t like stats when the issue was always the traits and skills and never the stats (except cele which was silly op)…

I gave up on PvP mid season 2 and I don’t see myself ever being competitve again.

Just to be clear I didn’t stop because I can’t win (because I can), I don’t play because I grow tired of playing 100’s of games a month against the exact same professions, running the exact same builds, every single game, with the only difference between games is player nameplates…

+1

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

There’s no fixing this game because Anet just doesn’t know how.

Look at the state of Tempest. Ele is my main class and at this point I sincerely wish they’d just delete the class.

Doesn’t matter how many amulets they remove, they refuse to address the game’s core problems.

Too much sustain, too much bunker combined with too much damage on single builds.

Every elite spec is designed so even a monkey could play it. I’m playing with vanilla specs and I cannot fathom how anybody with elite specs dies, ever. I’ve had players literally facetank all of my dps combos and still last forever on point.

There is no hope for this game.

All I want is to finish up Ascension and then I’ll just YOLO in unranked whenever I’m bored, but this game is beyond redemption and is honestly pretty bad in its current state.

And Anet doesn’t want to hear it either. Too scathing in your critique and your posts are removed.

Meh. I’m ever thankful I didn’t buy the expansion.

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Everything to do with PvP post HoT and ESPORTS needs to be reworked from the ground up. Everything. No part of it is ok, let alone in a good place. It’s a complete joke.