Pvp gear with elo rank

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Would you guys like to see some kind of pvp set that required a certain rank in the ladders? Just like wow did with the pvp shoulders. In wow, you need a quite high rating (2200) to be able to wear them. They are also supposed to be the best looking sets, so it’s a nice way to show your epe`nis.

I think it would add a meaning to the gear you have. Right now, gear = nolife.

It should be relatively easy to implement too. As far as i know there are many pve sets that dont have a pvp equivalent.

Your thoughts?

Up Rerroll

(edited by Rerroll.9083)

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

yes.
/15characters

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: mongolianmisfit.8350

mongolianmisfit.8350

Not like I will ever be running around with something like this due to RL but I would support this. I rather see amazing players running around with special rated gear than having everyone and their mom who likes to achievement/glory farm run around with paid gear. So generic.

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

yes.

^

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

In my opinion, new gear, especially future ascended skins and even pvp legendary skins, should all be obtainable through ranking only.

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Gw1 had emotes which were based off of your guild’s ladder rank.
There were 4 or 5 split for groups in the top 200 – top1 had a special one.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

milo.6942

Gw1 had emotes which were based off of your guild’s ladder rank.
There were 4 or 5 split for groups in the top 200 – top1 had a special one.

i had the top 1 for a short while after they reset the ladder, was pretty epic

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: Draven.7210

Draven.7210

Yes PLEASE! There are many things including gear through spvp participation that could really create a lot more interest in GW2

Having said that, I personally would also like to see this as well in WvW participation. Gear specific to spvp and wvw is a great way I think to attract more interest into these game modes. And I wouldn’t mind a fair amount of grind (or “effort over time” as I prefer to call it) applied to it either.

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: Davinci.8027

Davinci.8027

The devs already said that it’s very time-consuming and costs alot of money to develop and design new armor sets. The PvP side of the game is very under-manned and under-financed, so the chances of this happening in the near future are bleak.

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

milo.6942

The devs already said that it’s very time-consuming and costs alot of money to develop and design new armor sets. The PvP side of the game is very under-manned and under-financed, so the chances of this happening in the near future are bleak.

i’d propose a restructuring of existing armors into less grindy avenues, such as this one.

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Yeah, absolutly.

I believe elite armor/weapon skins, special pvp backpack, special new animations or finisher moves, special new titles etc. are a great reward for the top elo ladder.

Anet can create a lot of this stuff for the top X players in general ladder, for top X players in engi/mesmer/guardian etc profession ladder or another special ladder (what about a cool medikit backpack l4d style if u are the top 10 in the combat medic ladder? ), if you win a special tournament (for example weekly/monthly tournament etc), if you get special skilled pvp achievements in game etc.

I think anet should reward skill in game, so special “visible” stuff for Top X players is the way (a great way)

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: Stof.9584

Stof.9584

I agree, there should be new rewards for tournaments based on rank, since the paid/free system was abandoned (= massive amounts of chests were given out in exchange of tickets).

Realistically, though, entire new looks are very expensive for Anet to design.
Also, there are a large amount of sets no one has reached yet.

I’d suggest a cap-based system: x amount of points each day/month scaling with rating.

Instead of new sets, the currency could be exchanged for titles, icons (variety on commander), weapons, backitems and maybe even gems.

At least, there should be a way to access the recent PVE item looks in SPVP.

Desolation EU – Necromancer / Thief
Top 100 Solo Q for a full minute

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Just so long as you had to earn the rank to purchase it. not to wear it.

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Backslot items should be unlocked based on your tournament rating. They already have the models for books, quivers, backpacks, and fractal capacitors with various visual effects. It shouldn’t be that much effort.

The fractal capacitor has a certain “look at me” value to it.

Attachments:

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

i would rather them fix the billions of outstanding issues before adding more cosmetics

Pvp gear with elo rank

in PvP

Posted by: Earthacis.3862

Earthacis.3862

They should abandon the whole RNG part of SPvP altogether, remove the chest’s and the Mystic forge / crafting. They should put all the armor sets inside the Glory vendors of the appropriate level. Now people have something to work towards like unlocking all of each vendors armor.

Down the road they could have a Glory to Gems conversion so people could buy armor sets from the Gem store just by playing a ton of SPvP. This could finally include the SPvP community in the game, instead of making them feel like total outcast’s.