[Rapid Fire] in HoT

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I read that channel skills like Rapid Fire will be re-targetable. Does this also mean that they will no longer seek through invisibility and other evades?

Mesmerising Girl

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I don’t see why it would. All this means is that you can hit a button in the middle of your channel to move it. Just don’t hit the button and you should keep nailing that stealthed thief.

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

I read that channel skills like Rapid Fire will be re-targetable. Does this also mean that they will no longer seek through invisibility and other evades?

I too would love the response to this as it would affect almost every profession that has a multi-hit skill (necro mh axe and dagger, engi pistol, thief pistol, warrior rifle, ranger long bow, guardian sword, mesmer GS, elementalist scepter <lightning + earth attunements>)

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I don’t know why, I have the feeling this has actually been answered and they said that it works as currently… Maybe I’m just drunk.

But in any case, the technology just means you can change target mid-cast. If you don’t, it will behave as it did before, including following stealthed players.

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Where was this written?

And what does it mean for Spacial Surge. o_O

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Where was this written?

And what does it mean for Spacial Surge. o_O

if you wonder about the change target, it is in the new “action cam”
http://dulfy.net/2015/10/16/gw2-guild-chat-new-legendaries-and-changes-livestream-notes/#Action_Camera_Mode
the video is more instructive than the text.

For spatial surge, it does not mean much because it is very fast anyway. Confusing images though that will be great…

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I imagine if your using the action cam and a thief shadowsteps behind you youl lose attack target anyway. If your not using it and you standing still it will probably follow like it does now.

I imagine if the thief is still in your attack radius with the action cam and he stealths your attacks will continue to hit them.

Ghost Yak

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

The way targetted channel skills like RF work is that they keep tracking the initial target, even if that target goes into stealth after the channeling of the skill has started. Not sure how it will act in action cam mode, but in the default/current mode it has been confirmed back in like 2013 that this is working as intended.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

it would be HUGE buff to stealth tbh if it’s how you saying, kinda one of the counterplays for it

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Essentially what you’re saying is that mechanically entering stealth would “interrupt” (or cancel) a channeled skill.

Obviously this won’t be the case. Like ever.

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I think it’s unlikely that it’s a change that is actually implemented. What it will do, though, is make it a lot easier to accidentally switch targets say, to a mesmer clone, when the mesmer themself stealths.

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

I wonder if this means you can change targets mid unrelenting assault

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Once activated, UA picks its own targets, you’re not able to actively control it at all.

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Bezagron.7352

Bezagron.7352

I believe Joel has answered this.

One question, does channeled skill such as Ranger Lb#2 rapid fire continue tracking stealthed enemies using the new camera?

Once the skill starts firing at a target, it will do whatever it does normally; whether or not action camera kicked it off isn’t relevant. With skill retargeting you can switch targets mid-skill, but the skill still acts as it normally would when firing at a target.

My understanding with stealth is that it will still function the way it current does now still tracking if used before they stealth but can be used to retarget. So as long as you don’t retarget it should track the stealthed player.

[Rapid Fire] in HoT

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Once activated, UA picks its own targets, you’re not able to actively control it at all.

Yes but unrelenting assault will always finish its last attack on the target you initially activated it on and if that target stealths it will automatically cancel unrelenting assault even if there are other targets nearby. Im wondering if this change will let you change the primary target mid attack to avoid situations like that