Remove Skyhammer from tournament matchup.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

This post from official staff is 11 months ago.
After 11 months, nothing had been done.
Seriously, what kind of communication and isolation of player-base is this?
11 months you do nothing about it, and not even bother removing it from Solo Q?

Is the game almost bankrupt to not even look into stuffs like this?
Do you guys even read posts anymore? No staff for that anymore?
A quick tweak of “remove Skyhammer from Solo Q” is so hard to deal with after 11 months? Such outrageous!
No wonder you guys lose your player-bases like crazy, because this type of ignorant is unforgivable.

in PvP

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

I take back all my posts putting Dev’s on blast for not responding! Obviously they responded before I even started playing this game..They are just still working on the changes. So I figure a 15% radius reduction on hammer blast and the glass panels overlooking A and C removed. Changes to be implemented in april 2017! Another note Guild Wars 3 announced to come out May 2017! (j/k) don’t look that up.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I take back all my posts putting Dev’s on blast for not responding! Obviously they responded before I even started playing this game..They are just still working on the changes. So I figure a 15% radius reduction on hammer blast and the glass panels overlooking A and C removed. Changes to be implemented in april 2017! Another note Guild Wars 3 announced to come out May 2017! (j/k) don’t look that up.

Nope, they already made their changes, they laugh at your attempt to ask for more!

They say: Are you not satisfied with the removal of 2 glass pains near the hammer?! Are the tiny 1 foot walls placed on the edges not good enough for you!?! We shall make no further attempts! -Map Designers

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

To be fair, they did put up guard rails on A and C.

But, it doesn’t change the fact that cheese specs are dominant on this map. The entire map needs a guard rail and the glass plates need to be removed if it were to be truly fixed. But this is not what they invisioned what this map to be, therefor it’s better to remove it from soloQ.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

To be fair, they did put up guard rails on A and C.

But, it doesn’t change the fact that cheese specs are dominant on this map. The entire map needs a guard rail and the glass plates need to be removed if it were to be truly fixed. But this is not what they invisioned what this map to be, therefor it’s better to remove it from soloQ.

It wouldn’t be skyhammer anymore without glass panels or edges to fall off. Might as well delete it like capricorn. Cheese or not, it is what works, they adapted to the map mechanics. Skyhammer is basically it’s own game mode.

Yea, they reduced the # of panels and added more rails on A/C nodes, but it doesn’t matter. People with bad positioning will still cry no matter what because they just stand there asking to be pull/knocked. Then come back again to stand in the same spot.

However, I luv to troll those type of people =]

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

FYI – Situational awareness will still be important with the changes coming to Skyhammer.

please give us anet’s definition of situational awareness, cuz im pretty sure it will be exceedingly different than every person who plays the game.

Situational awareness does not even currently exist in the map, because you are either able to get out of hammer radius, or u aren’t, and if you aren’t and are playing anything other than heavy armor, a bunker, and/or an engi, you die. Ontop of that, the map pigeon holes you into what classes you can play, if you intend to play to win.

I’m genuinely glad that they spent the time to make a map, but the definitive factor being “fun” when you are forcing a map into a competitive mode is asinine. “BALANCE” should be the priority, with “fun” second place to it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ergolicious.1507

Ergolicious.1507

Ok so I actually read the entire thread thinking it was a recent one, got all pumped up (because this map is ludicrous) only to realise those dev responses were from 11 months ago ROFLMAO. What-a-joke. It’s both so hilarous and sad, wow.

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

Also the map is insanly bugged ^^.

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Gives us the template system that has been mentioned by the devs to be in the works for months now.

My guess is the spring 2015. The system was in place this spring, but didn’t come with the ability to save real items. Management likely wants a finished version instead of a tiered release, and also pass the sales team to monetize similar to character slots.

Still.. years.. from templates to ladders to modes to vetos.. ..to a working ready button..

in PvP

Posted by: twojackson.5607

twojackson.5607

Why do people complain about things that are difficult? Its realistic, if you’re fighting high up in the air, you need to make sure not to get knocked off. If any map needs changing its Spirit Watch. You can’t mix cap n def with ctf.

SHADOWJEDI — currently undefeated in over 100 official wager duels.

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Why do people complain about things that are difficult? Its realistic, if you’re fighting high up in the air, you need to make sure not to get knocked off. If any map needs changing its Spirit Watch. You can’t mix cap n def with ctf.

Yea spirit watch is terrible, its worse than skyhammer. I hate that for the same reason though, the “seconary” objective is way too prominent.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Haha go play a Solo Q and face those troll builds roaming in that awful map and you won’t say that again.

Invisible pull says hi! (Thief, Engi, mesmer says hi)
Gl predicting all the invi pull.

It’s like a killshot that hit for 30k fixed damage.
You dodge it or you got instant killed, you call that balance?
If that kind of killshot exist, people will complain like hell despite it may not be that hard to dodge.

Skyhammer is that perfect example of 30k damage killshot, just that you can’t even see the shooter lol. This is how bad the map is.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Yea spirit watch is terrible, its worse than skyhammer. I hate that for the same reason though, the “seconary” objective is way too prominent.

Idiot comments like this are the reason skyhammer hasn’t been deleted yet.

The devs mistakenly think that skyhammer is a placeholder for ‘most hated map’; that we will shift our complaints to spirit watch if/when they remove skyhammer as it will then be ‘the least popular map’.

This isn’t true though. In terms of gameplay flaws at a reasonable level, they are like chalk and cheese..

To win on spirit watch there are a LOT of different rotations and roles that can carry your team to victory. On skyhammer THERE IS ONLY ONE. Hammer. It is that simple.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I think you’re giving player feedback too much weight, Phaeton. These are the same developers that needed people screaming for new modes for a year to actually admit they need to be made.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

There’s nothing wrong with Spirit Watch, people just don’t know how to play the map. You either have the players that brawl all day at the orb or the players that completely forget about the orb.

It’s actually a very fun map if all the players are somewhat competent. Skyhammer is just a clusterkitten no matter what.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: bluberblasen.9684

bluberblasen.9684

i think they can change skyhammer a little..

1. Fixx the Bugs on this map.. ( have 100 screens under the map or in water.. )
2. The " Hammer " do damage OR knockdown .. but not both.
3. glass is indestructible
4. walls to the edges

kthxbb

in PvP

Posted by: orfeoulis.4325

orfeoulis.4325

11 months since a red post concerning skyhammer… Quite distrurbing.
Please give us a “veto” map option, or remove the map entierly. It’s not fun, it’s not competitive and it’s definetely a frustrating gaming experience.

Thank you.