I’m confused atm. What cannons do?

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

(edited by Moderator)

Revenenge on Capricon - tactics, thoughts? [Merged]

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/756609788310675456

Thoughts? Looks like an improvement of the original map, with the underwater portion being raised up and made to look like the old LA.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

looks good imma looking forward to it!

in PvP

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Yes, new maps! Yes yes yes

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in PvP

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Isn’t the underwater part of the map has removed?

I believe it is announced officially.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

(New map! yay!)

Chalk up another one for Roy Chronacher, (balance lead)…
The success just never seems to end with this guy.

Instead of attempting to balance underwater combat… Roy instead convinced Anet that it was impossible, and that they should instead spend developer resources removing it (in every aspect) from the game…
bravo!

Does Anet seriously write this slug a check for doing literally nothing?

The dude can’t even work a clothes iron… let alone balance anything.

Get him out of here already.

Lol wat, majority of the people dislike underwater combat. If they implemented it, I wouldn’t want to play that map, it was a smart call on their part.

Frankly, Underwater combat has no depth at all. Only three weapon types.

It has no place in competitive PvP.

Goodness… do you really own 31 toons!?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Ranger shark-in-the-wall revive was the best!

Nice to see this map return with little/no water.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

it should be good as long as they remember the secret to a good map is SIMPLICITY.
people didn’t like spirit watch because the orb was too important, people don’t like stronghold because its an entirely different mode, people didn’t like skyhammer because…everything.

people love forest and foefire because they have very small secondary mechanics,
no trebuchets, no insta-death fall mechanics.

make capricorn simple and it’ll be great.

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Excited. Simply put. Would still love to see more new maps and game modes, but excited to see this one back. Was sad when they removed it. Not to mention it was one of the better test beds they had to test improvements to underwater combat.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

where are the revived new pirate map feedback ? ? ?

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Well, it’s probably a bit early to give proper feedback, I guess. I’ve played a couple of hours on it, it definitely felt great, big with good kiting/mobility options, a simple mechanics. I’ll play it more for sure.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Well, it’s probably a bit early to give proper feedback, I guess. I’ve played a couple of hours on it, it definitely felt great, big with good kiting/mobility options, a simple mechanics. I’ll play it more for sure.

well i played my first match on it.

it feels very big.

is the original map this big ?

or it feels big because they added so many buildings etc ?

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

played a few matches on rev, it feels like half the map is port bugged, like 50% of the time i do sword 3, i stay in place, not following the target and phase traversal also sometimes didnt port anywhere

didnt try it on thief yet , maybe later but if the thief ports are as kitteny as the rev ones anet needs to fix that yesterday…

in PvP

Posted by: Cylokin.2560

Cylokin.2560

played a few matches on rev, it feels like half the map is port bugged, like 50% of the time i do sword 3, i stay in place, not following the target and phase traversal also sometimes didnt port anywhere

didnt try it on thief yet , maybe later but if the thief ports are as kitteny as the rev ones anet needs to fix that yesterday…

It’s not the map, Rev is pretty bugged atm.

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

Dear anet, if you want ppl to test a map, in limited time, make a dedicated queue (like “BETA”).

This will prevent ppl to be frustrated (ppl thinking of other trolling in choose map)

My 2 cents

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

New Capricorn feels good. It’s different than other Conquest maps in that mid is actually closer to both spawns than the home points and of course the extra objective is kind of a 2nd mid point in itself.

Different play dynamic
I like it.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

okies how do we play this map yarrr ?

Trevor Boyer.6524 said the mid point is actually closer to both team spawn points so how will that affect the opening splits ?

still open with 1 home 4 mid ?

i only played 1 match and the map feels quite large to me. i wonder if the original map is this large.

capturing the bell in a row gives more points so i think the bell is very important. i think.

1st = 25
2nd = 50
3rd = 75

25 score is like, worth 5 player kills, or
hold 1 point for 50 seconds,
hold 2 points for 26 seconds
hold 3 points for 18 seconds

so if the bell point is contested, and we can 3 cap them for at least 18 seconds and avoid any deaths, then the 25 points can sort of be negated ? bonus points if we kill some of them too ?

50 score is like, worth 10 player kills, or
hold 1 point for 100 seconds,
hold 2 points for 50 seconds
hold 3 points for 34 seconds

however, if the other team has already captured the bell one time, the second time they capture it, they will earn 50 points !!! and that seems a bit more heavy, as we will need to 3 cap them for at least 34 seconds to break even !

75 score is like, worth 10 player kills, or
hold 1 point for 150 seconds,
hold 2 points for 76 seconds
hold 3 points for 50 seconds

if they already captured 2 times, the third time capture will net them 75 score !!!

anyway, does this map favor mobility heavy professions ?
what do you all think?

discuss !

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

just make all unranked conquest map – revenge of the capricorn.

then we can test the map properly.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

as far as i could tell most of my ques were 10 man votes for Capricorn yesterday in unranked so basically thats what it is…. if they were to just have a “beta map” que the ques would be very long after a few days….

of course thats not big deal anymore bc we dont have to sit in heart of the mists anymore!

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

as far as i could tell most of my ques were 10 man votes for Capricorn yesterday in unranked so basically thats what it is…. if they were to just have a “beta map” que the ques would be very long after a few days….

of course thats not big deal anymore bc we dont have to sit in heart of the mists anymore!

I don’t really see how it matters.

9 times out of 10 the map with the fewest votes gets selected to be played. Oh, 9 of the people picked Capricorn but somebody wanted to play Kylho? KYHLO IT IS!

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

First night impressions:

• Liked it, had fun
  • Flowed well, good use of space
  • Seem to have a good mix of open space and LoS
  • Mechanics made sense by end of first game
  • Ring the bell bit took a round to understand but after that not an issue
  • Visually rather nice map
  • Will probably become a favorite

Tactics, didn’t see just one way to do it, which to me is a good thing, don’t want just 1 path to victory.

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

I see your point, but didn’t have any games that didn’t vote for it, at least not on the first night. I can also see ANet doing it this way to get metrics on how many people will play it on their own since that would indicate its favor or not. If they made it the only map they wouldn’t know how many are playing it because they like it versus they just want to PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

just make all unranked conquest map – revenge of the capricorn.

then we can test the map properly.

In a perfect world..

.. they could put a third tick box on the pvp UI

[x] Conquest

[x] Stronghold

[x] Beta Maps

So people could filter down to it without splitting the pool..

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Yukito.9012

Yukito.9012

It’s gotten to the point where I no longer care that I am semi-AFKing the none-Capricorn maps. Like, I don’t even feel bad for the people I end up with anymore.

If the achievements are only limited for a sort time, they should remove the random map selection from the equation. It’s technically possible, however unlikely, that someone never even gets to play the map at all.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Seriously annoying as hell people picking non capri maps, 4v5s, poor unranked matchups etc

Waste of time, just give me the bloody map to beta test/do my APs/games.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

obliviously this question was asked 2 soon but from my playing yesterday id say its closer to competitive play then skyhammer or the orb map ( Who’s name escapes me atm)

in PvP

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

many people want to play the new map… some people don’t… and i think it would be more benefitional for people to play traditional maps or the new one.

had many people who just left when it didnt get capricorn

discuss

Reaper – Anguîsh

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

Play ranked

Delpfine Drake

in PvP

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

doesn’t fix the problem at all.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

It’s gotten to the point where I no longer care that I am semi-AFKing the none-Capricorn maps. Like, I don’t even feel bad for the people I end up with anymore.

If the achievements are only limited for a sort time, they should remove the random map selection from the equation. It’s technically possible, however unlikely, that someone never even gets to play the map at all.

Wait… you are semi-afking if the map isn’t capricorn? Because of the APs and out for a limited time? You might want to re-check the wording:

• Complete a new series of limited-time, Capricorn-specific achievements to celebrate the release of the map.
  • These achievements will only be available from now until the end of the next PvP League season.

That means 3 months since the season runs for 2 months at a time. Just a heads up if that is the case.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Wait… you are semi-afking if the map isn’t capricorn? Because of the APs and out for a limited time? You might want to re-check the wording:

• Complete a new series of limited-time, Capricorn-specific achievements to celebrate the release of the map.
  • These achievements will only be available from now until the end of the next PvP League season.

That means 3 months since the season runs for 2 months at a time. Just a heads up if that is the case.

while it is true that there are 3 months remaining, however, as time passes, more and more people may have finished the achievements and will be less likely to vote for the pirate map, making finishing the achievements even harder.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

new separate queue please.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

+1. Limited time to play it + RNG map = cancer

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

They still need separate ques for 5 vs 5 deathmatch 5 v 5 conquest and the current stronghold 5 vs 5.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Play ranked

You misunderstood him. He wants to play the new map but can’t because other people are voting for the old maps in unranked.

It’s a problem I’ve been having as well. Capricorn keeps getting the majority vote but the dial keeps landing on Foefire or one of the older maps because one or two people voted for it.

Normally I wouldn’t be bothered by this, but given the map has a limited access achievement attached to it I’d very much like to garuntee I get the map I’m playing for each time I queue, rather than wasting 10-15 minutes on a map I have no interest in.

I do want to stress that this is just for the limited time Capricorn is in beta feedback mode. I do not condone permanently splitting the playerbase between map choices.

in PvP

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Yes, please add a separate queue for this map otherwise games will have lots of players who leave because they are looking for this specific map…

in PvP

Posted by: asterix.9614

asterix.9614

The new revenge of the Capricorn map is far too open, its being coined as a new “wvw map” :/ it’s a ranger and thief paradise, attack from range then stealth or run, simply making them almost uncatchable or impossible to hit. Anet I hope when the new pvp season starts we are not forced to pick this map in ranked as it needs some major changes if you want people who don’t play ranger or thief to like it :/

I am playing that game where the floor is made out of lava, imma stuck in bed

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Honestly speaking as someone who side-mains a ranger (former ranger main but now split evenly between ranger and reaper) I can understand why you think this. But the thing is it also makes it very easy to see the thief and ranger coming. Or any class for that matter. As long as your watching can already take away a ranger or thiefs primary weapon. That suprise burst at the beggining of the engagement that forces you to pop cooldowns before your willing.

Does the terrain favor them here? Sure.

But in the rangers case lets stop and think about hte other maps. Many of which PUNISH a ranger using the longbow (which im gonna assume is what your complaining about because none of the other weapons make sense)

Forest of Nifhel for example has multiple los points at two of the points.

Legacy of foefire has some on both side nodes infact THESE points actually bug out the rangers pet. Punishing the ranger for BEING a ranger.

This is probably the ONLY actually open map.

Id think its okay just for the sake of something DIFFERENT right?

But even from a balancing perspective it doesnt seem like that massive an issue tbh. Most of what could be done here could be done on other maps. But on other maps it usually involved getting into PITA spots. Where here atleast you can chase the kittener down and kill him. Or force him to run so far away form the point that all he did was waste alot of time.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Not played this map, but if understand this correct it’s fine for bunker or ‘tank’ builds with good sustain to sit on a point that is surrounded by obstacles wich makes it easy to use Los so said thief/ranger has a hard time to get at you but it’s totally wrong for the thief ranger to have a bit more freedom with the space they have now?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Not played this map, but if understand this correct it’s fine for bunker or ‘tank’ builds with good sustain to sit on a point that is surrounded by obstacles wich makes it easy to use Los so said thief/ranger has a hard time to get at you but it’s totally wrong for the thief ranger to have a bit more freedom with the space they have now?

And you can still LoS in this map anyway.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Rather than adding a check box per game mode (Conquest, Stronghold), I think it’d be better to add check boxes per map, for all game types (including Courtyard). This way, you could select the map(s) you want to play in, and play with people sharing a similar interest. This mechanism could be split between Unranked / Ranked – i.e. offer only competitive Conquest maps for ranked games.

For those willing to try the new Capricorn: some guilds have graciously opened their arenas to all players, and you can freely join. Just check the list of custom arenas, ordering by map. Since it’s hotjoin-like, there’s no matchmaking, you may have more than 5 players per team, and players may not seek to play Conquest – but you can play without interruption and without queue.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Rather than adding a check box per game mode (Conquest, Stronghold), I think it’d be better to add check boxes per map, for all game types (including Courtyard). This way, you could select the map(s) you want to play in, and play with people sharing a similar interest. This mechanism could be split between Unranked / Ranked – i.e. offer only competitive Conquest maps for ranked games.

For those willing to try the new Capricorn: some guilds have graciously opened their arenas to all players, and you can freely join. Just check the list of custom arenas, ordering by map. Since it’s hotjoin-like, there’s no matchmaking, you may have more than 5 players per team, and players may not seek to play Conquest – but you can play without interruption and without queue.

the main problem is not trying out the map but the time limited achievements that is only available in unranked with map voting roulette.

in PvP

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

Without swiftness the traveling from point to point is time consuming. So it favours mobility classes alot. But the size makes your team think about on capping 2 points because of the extra distance and dying is more costly as it takes longer to get bk to a point. I like it but sometimes u dont see ppl for a while then u see them as a zerg because they dont want die and have respawn and walk again. I not a massive fan of the conquest formula in pvp it very mobility based or bunker oriented.

It not a bad map though but could do with 10 vs 10 on the size for a death match map

Death Good

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I like the big map but it would be more suited for 10 people..

too much travel time between points, too much advantage to playing ranged or stealth characters too.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I like the layout in this version of Capricorn. It feels different and allows for different approaches in combat.
There are enough LoS spots around points.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Wow, sounds good for some 10v10 GvGs, maybe we should try that instead.

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

Wow, sounds good for some 10v10 GvGs, maybe we should try that instead.

You can in a custom arena

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Capricorn is dope

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

Btw if you win (make last point) with bell, it seems to not count toward win achiv.
Maybe 1 day they can release something tested & filled good for all players (little salt but only the truth ^^)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmm yeah the size might be nice for a 10 vs 10 hotjoin format.

since the bell is basically a 4th capture point.