Runes of the Pirate

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

Rangers getting hit harder than eles actually.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

not really, since this pet was not controllable we had a great DPS boost from it, but not a real boost in terms of function. I’d still say rockdog is better due to CC. Lower DPS, better “utility”… also, +4% raw damage is a LOT.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The bird can’t kill anything on its own, but with all hat health, they were very good shields. Stay behind them and the enemy, and they’ll take all projectiles that don’t bounce or pierce, and take away bounces that could give boons to the user if it wasn’t for them.

They’ll also take slots from the 5-target AoE caps.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

- Turrets: if engi is too far from his turrets (the range should be relative short), turrets get automatically destroyed. Also duration on crate reaaaaalllllyyyyyy needs to be lowered. Imagine if thieves guild would call 6 thieves spamming hard CC and high dmg and staying there 1 min. No ty.

I was with you on point one, but thieves guild can follow a target. The crate you can just walk away from. If it’s on a point, then you can just pistol whip the engineer to death like you would any other time.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

Thanks for removing more builds from the meta like ranger and staff ele. For staff ele it was the only way to apply counterpressure and survive, the bird could survive due to ele heal and protection and hit the target when i cc people. If you think chubz ele build without vigor/evasive arcana procs works you just go the na noob syndrom, sry.

You seem to have no clue about meta builds. Most team q builds work around might stacking/air fire procs, why don´t you start nerfing this first or atleast wait until after the next big tournament so we don´t have to learn a whole new class and adjust the lineup and strategy?

Pirate was the only way for less op builds to get near to those classes who can stack might / proc air sigil.

Ranger also relied on parrot to proc burn from spirit, this build is dead now too, thank you.

Balance means something is EQUALLY strong. It doesn´t mean that there aren´t op synergies.

Even if AI is not what people want to see it keeps things balanced. Yet the main goal should be to allow viable builds that don´t rely on runes/sigils whihch needs major nerf to all sigils.

If an ai pet is so integral to your survival then it must be op, otherwise your saying 1 ai pet carryies you and you cant survive with out it? either way well done anet for nerfing more ai

ofc it was op, but it was the only way for many builds to deal with other op kitten like 25 might and air/fire

its not the only way, and eles got nothing to complain about man staff ele is just brain dead, and its totally op especially with celestial amulet the amount of sustained dmg + the healing they are giving is basically back to eles being the most op so not suprised your complaining when 1 rune thats totally just ai based that you need it to win. Your the Definition of carried by comp. start running something that isnt just broken and youll realise how stupid you are complaining about an ai parrot on a rune. get real dude.

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Jomo kenyatta.7351

rangers have enough ai as it is, but oh ye i forgot you dont actually wanna press your own skills youd rather just have some passive proc or god mode utilities, gg man way to miss the point again.

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Nerf THE DAMAGE !!!

The +4% from rock dog is worth waay less than the 7-10k deathlogs the birds AND rock dog SHOULD REWARD MORE since you actualy need to land the damage youself, not passive helper.

And if you want it bo a passive AI helper for bunker builds, give it healing power stat.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Last I checked mesmers are the class utilizing AI the most.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

The release notes haven’t been updated yet, but the health of the Tropical Parrot was reduced by 50% in today’s release to bring it in line with other summons such as the rock dog.

We’ll keep an eye on it for now and reevaluate its strength in the future if need be.

holy freaking kitten thank you.

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: Fraelin.7409

Fraelin.7409

but oh ye i forgot you dont actually wanna press your own skills youd rather just have some passive proc or god mode utilities, gg man way to miss the point again.

Yeah Zapdos! Don’t you understand every build in this game is OP EZ mode face roll passive proc god mode utilities sept dps Guardian! Jeez. WAY TO MISS THE POINT AGAIN.

“WHY WON’T EVERYONE JUST PLAY DPS GUARDIAN LIKE ME?!?” – Gruntled ~ 2013 – 2014

Grunt <33333threethreethree

[CM]Cheese Mode Fraelina

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Jomo kenyatta.7351

i never said every build i just said the builds black jack plays, and you really think his post is legitimate when he clearly says he relies on some tropical bird to play the game competitively rather than actually using his skills. and i never personally attacked him i was talkin about the builds hes playing which are clearly unbalancedso before you start getting defensive over your 5 bunker meta stop and think about other people who play this game and who also have over 1000 more wins than you and dont just play with the same 5 people all the time, my grasp on the meta is much more open minded than yours cause i actually play with randomers and the skill level required for a warrior to be effective is clearly much lower than for a necro or other classes that die easier. gg again for such an insightful post fraelina glad to see some of the ’’top’’ players still contribute to the forums.

(edited by Jomo kenyatta.7351)

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Thanks for removing more builds from the meta like ranger and staff ele. For staff ele it was the only way to apply counterpressure and survive, the bird could survive due to ele heal and protection and hit the target when i cc people. If you think chubz ele build without vigor/evasive arcana procs works you just go the na noob syndrom, sry.

You seem to have no clue about meta builds. Most team q builds work around might stacking/air fire procs, why don´t you start nerfing this first or atleast wait until after the next big tournament so we don´t have to learn a whole new class and adjust the lineup and strategy?

Pirate was the only way for less op builds to get near to those classes who can stack might / proc air sigil.

Ranger also relied on parrot to proc burn from spirit, this build is dead now too, thank you.

Even if AI is not what people want to see it keeps things balanced. Yet the main goal should be to allow viable builds that don´t rely on runes/sigils whihch needs major nerf to all sigils.

Why stop there, why not nerf a zerker sceptre / focus eles ability to dish out instant bursts while having super strong defensive capabilities.

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

The release notes haven’t been updated yet, but the health of the Tropical Parrot was reduced by 50% in today’s release to bring it in line with other summons such as the rock dog.

We’ll keep an eye on it for now and reevaluate its strength in the future if need be.

It’s something, but the main problem was the damage it does, way higher than rock dog. Let’s see how thing go now. Thanks for the nerf

I think its level is MUCH better now. You have to compare the power level to another 6-point when evaluating the rune. Strength runes or ogre give you +5% or +4% damage. The bird should do a similar amount of damage in most situations (more in some, less in others).

Excellent change!

Also, as to Zapdos’s concern that this removes staff-ele from the meta: I am not so sure about that. Staff ele is now worse in 1v1’s (and rightfully so), while still being a beast in teamfights. Even though I play staff ele, it shouldn’t be as good in 1v1’s as it was, while still having the mobility and beastly team-support/damage in larger fights. I still think there is a role for staff ele if built/played well, and you CAN get some decent 1v1 damage by giving up some survival utils (might stacking + glyph of ele power works pretty well b/c those auto-burns give excellent sustained pressure.

You are right, today i houghtabotu the response and it’s true, damage wise bird might be fine, i’m not sure I had to make calculations to be sure and I’m not up to that work. But the bird has something that the rock doen’t have and that is problably the fount of his OPness, evades. The bird evades atacks and a lot of them. For now lets just let it be as it is, and see how things evolve

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Lol what?

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Lol what?

Illusions are AI that the Mesmer class is focused on using very, very frequently. His statement is quite accurate.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Lol what?

Illusions are AI that the Mesmer class is focused on using very, very frequently. His statement is quite accurate.

That’s absolutely Hilarious! Please, tell me more about mesmer mechanics, and how Mesmers utilize this Ai.

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

I get that mesmers aren’t just summoning pets all the time and I understand your an experienced pvp mesmer but it’s difficult to argue a mesmer doesn’t use ai. You have actives you use in conjunction with the ai but it’s not like you aim the illusions and phantasm yourself.

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Unfortunately no we don’t “Aim” the illusions, but we do Aim their shattered bits.
But Neither do YOU Aim your Ranged auto atacks, Ranger Pets, your Instant no counter abilities such as steal (Sword2, Signet), Corrupt boon Signet of spite, PASSIVE Abilities such as Reaper’s protection, Large as all of foefire Longbow Special.

4/5ths of the mesmers weapon bar are NOT phantasms.
5/5ths of The mesmer’s utility bar are NOT Phantasms.
4/4ths of the Mesmer’s Special Ability Bars, are NOT Phantasms.

They do however represent about 20-25% of the damage(mostly from them being shattered) required to burst someone down or at least waste their dodge so the burst can come.

Phantasms rarely stay up past the first Strike, even if they are not shattered.

The thought that Mesmers are an ai class is absolutely abominable.
There are 0, Zero Phantasm/PU mesmers in high end pvp.
And Like 10 Shatter mesmers all together on the top 100-200 and I can only name 5.

There are at least 3 turret engineers in high end tpvp… that I am aware of.

(edited by Darnis.4056)

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Since I’m an inexperienced mesmer and when I tried to play one I was using blink, portal and decoy along with gs, Staff I’m curious to what the experienced top mesmers are using if it’s not using illusions and phantasms.

Biggest issues I had with using one were when someone was finally able to lock me down they could burst me but being able to disengage was nice coming from a necro.

Oh and I don’t mean to compare a mesmer to the ridiculousness of a turret engi.

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Why stop there, why not nerf a zerker sceptre / focus eles ability to dish out instant bursts while having super strong defensive capabilities.

Supa stronk pretend capabilities.

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Thank you for nerfing the bird.

Woot lol

Runes of the Pirate

in PvP

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I get that mesmers aren’t just summoning pets all the time and I understand your an experienced pvp mesmer but it’s difficult to argue a mesmer doesn’t use ai. You have actives you use in conjunction with the ai but it’s not like you aim the illusions and phantasm yourself.

Well, there is the difference between a good and a bad shatter mesmer. A good shatter mesmer actually kinda “aims” her illusions by summoning them in the right spot and shattering when the foe is partly or completely surrounded by them. And this maneuver requires very precise movements/summons/dodges as well as a very good awareness of your surrounding, enemy movement anticipation and understanding of the terrain (because of numerous bugs regarding illusion pathfinding).

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!