Salty players

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Yeti.6320

Yeti.6320

Too many times, you beat someone… they get salty.. and start raging at you in map chat. This goes out to the cool and patient. How do you deal with these rage. Or soemtimes, they kill/gank you and stat sitting on ur corpse/emote spam/map chat spam calling u a noob etc.

How do you keep your cool. I have a weak spot when it comes to keeping my cool.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Close your eyes, inhale deeply for 4 seconds, hold it in for 4 seconds, exhale for 4 seconds.

Pass no judgement for these individuals know no better. Nothing is personal, perhaps they’re dealing with something in their lives, perhaps they got the same treatment, or simply lack the social education, just trying to feel better about themselves. Let them, because again, nothing is personal, therefor getting angry over it is nothing short of a waste of time. Due to the social dogmas we grew up in, these principles may be easier said than done, but at least worth considering, in my opinion. I know it helps me.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

if they rage after a loss at you it means they actually lost their cool about being beaten,

you should just grin at it.

learn to troll, basically.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

depends what you play really.. if i die to a warrior i dont care.. if i die to a dragon hunter that teleports from nowhere and drops its stuff for instant nuke then yeah…

when you see an abundance of people playing the same thing being carried hard by it, while you try to stick to your main and die with nothing you can do then the salt will start to pour

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

A [Packet of Salt] in your inventory ends any quarrel

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Ask them if they are mad followed by the word “bro.” Mail them 99 packets of salt if they call you trash at the end of the match when you win.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Inflames.8026

Inflames.8026

Guild wars 2 is in a state of unbalance at the moment.
Some professions are stronger, some are alot weaker.
Unranked que. New players. No teamwork. Noone vs full premade.
Cancer builds. Bugs, no dev responses.

When I’m enjoying the game I laugh, I have fun. I stay positive. Dabble in conversations with fellow teammates.

When I lose over and over and over again my patience runs low. When premade dominates your team by zerging and your team don’t outrotate them you get sour.
At first you pretend like it doesn’t bother you, but every loss gnaws at your arrogance.
You then meet players with cancerbuilds whose only existence is there to torment and annoy players.
Yesterday that was when I had to pleasure of playing on skyhammer vs a 3 man group and their DH put all the traps right inside the portal to the skyhammer.
Because of the loading animations, your character would not dodge before it was too late.

Simpe answer to your question: Block them right away. Dont waste your time or energy on people like me, because we are quite good at getting under your skin.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Yeti.6320

Yeti.6320

When I’m enjoying the game I laugh, I have fun. I stay positive. Dabble in conversations with fellow teammates.

When I lose over and over and over again my patience runs low. When premade dominates your team by zerging and your team don’t outrotate them you get sour.
At first you pretend like it doesn’t bother you, but every loss gnaws at your arrogance.
You then meet players with cancerbuilds whose only existence is there to torment and annoy players.
Yesterday that was when I had to pleasure of playing on skyhammer vs a 3 man group and their DH put all the traps right inside the portal to the skyhammer.
Because of the loading animations, your character would not dodge before it was too late.

Simpe answer to your question: Block them right away. Dont waste your time or energy on people like me, because we are quite good at getting under your skin.

With the new specialization release… i just get rekt so much more.. because.. i main a warrior.. and the berserker is nothing but complete thrash so i was sticking to my old build.. I cant even touch a DH without being in range of his death traps. And some of them.. will /dance on your corpse. /s “u suck”.

i cri everytim

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Inflames.8026

Inflames.8026

With the new specialization release… i just get rekt so much more.. because.. i main a warrior.. and the berserker is nothing but complete thrash so i was sticking to my old build.. I cant even touch a DH without being in range of his death traps. And some of them.. will /dance on your corpse. /s “u suck”.

i cri everytim

Yes sadly this is a recurring thing. Dragonhunter has got to be one of the easiest and strongest professions out there hands down. It has absolutly everything you want, and then alittle more. 8 k trueshots on a low cd, traps, CC, reflections, burning. Blocks. Hp regen.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

i cri everytim

Yes sadly this is a recurring thing. Dragonhunter has got to be one of the easiest and strongest professions out there hands down. It has absolutly everything you want, and then alittle more. 8 k trueshots on a low cd, traps, CC, reflections, burning. Blocks. Hp regen.

8k? more than my warriors rifle adrenaline ability…. Rerolling.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Report them. They are toxic to the good ambiance of the game. I can’t understand why they are raging, and moreover in unranked, it’s just a game and then, they insult you. I report them personnaly, i’m on a game for relax, not being insulted by angry nerds who seems to play there life on a pvp game.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Everyone can be brave or angry on the internet. Ignore them. There isn’t much else you can do. Reporting people is usually just a waste of your own precious time.

Rather laugh at their hypocrisy. Think everyone can tell you a story or two of someone insulting you for something he just did or then proceeded to do himself.

Never really understood why people complain about those who only ever play the most powerful classes. They like to win. Everyone does.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Storm.1653

Storm.1653

really getting sick of dragon hunter this dragon hunter that, my team faced 3 reapers, impossible to cleanse all. i think if they make a class so strong , it should be limited to how many can be on 1 team. thanks in advance

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Highwind.5964

Highwind.5964

Real kittening easy. understand that the spvp community is garbage then roll over and get more sleep.

Seriously you’ll stop stressing so much and quit giving a kitten what those turds think. Get good enough and show them how a real player should act.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I had a guy rage at me yesterday in PM’s at the end of the match, so I blocked him, ran in front of him and spammed /laugh until he left.

He was literally angry because I turned his 1v1 into a 2v1 when he couldn’t decap far by himself.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

Meh I find people misuse the term salty way too often now for what is just normal or even funny comments in game chat. If only Kappa existed in game chat for me.lol

Some examples of just last night. I had 3 dh on my team and 2 on the opposing team. I say in map that this game could use some more guardians. Wow what a mistake that was the rage and hate and salt messages after that. Also running into premade teams in solo queue are fun when you ask if they are too scared to queue ranked. These comments all led to me being a super salty player when in fact I thought they were funny/troll comments.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Meh I find people misuse the term salty way too often now for what is just normal or even funny comments in game chat. If only Kappa existed in game chat for me.lol

Some examples of just last night. I had 3 dh on my team and 2 on the opposing team. I say in map that this game could use some more guardians. Wow what a mistake that was the rage and hate and salt messages after that. Also running into premade teams in solo queue are fun when you ask if they are too scared to queue ranked. These comments all led to me being a super salty player when in fact I thought they were funny/troll comments.

Ranked is disabled … RIPP

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

See that’s something I’ve never understood. I always try and say good fight after I had a good fight regardless of whether I won or lost if I was on a side point.
Granted I do love trolling the reapers and dragon hunters that think they’re the kitten and even announce it in chat. Just blow them up, let the Rez, repeat.

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Gdb.3492

Gdb.3492

I reported this guy for verbal abuse. But of course, nothing is going to happen, because I’ve hardely seen people like this getting banned or temporary bans. What can I say, we WON the match, he still wishes me a fast death because we lost an outter gate. I feel so sad.

Attachments:

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

I just laugh. I love people getting super angry over a video game. Especially unranked/hotjoin- juicy stuff. However, if I’m in a less agreeable mood, I cope with the rage by spending my whole game hunting them down mercilessly and camping them wherever they go. Oh and asking teammates to call them out when they see em- yay for premades =D.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

Raging in this game shouldn’t even be against the rules.

The way this game is designed will always provoke raging because when you lose it doesn’t feel like you got outplayed most of the time and spotting plus appreciating skill in GW2 is very hard.

Build wars 2 should sum it up for you, i don’t respect a guy that beats me because he happens to run a build thats good against mine and yes every single build has a counter build ,even the meta builds. You don’t have an idea how laughable and useless d/d eles were against my warrior before anet butchered quickness and with it warriors.

I don’t respect a guy that gets class carried either, that would be all thieves , mesmers, engineers and most of the time guardians. Stealth is the most overpowered and forgiving mechanic in this game that makes you able to play like a kitten because you always have a way out, you barely need to consider anything and you can always run away and disengage if you take a bad trade and restart the fight until you take a good trade. Anet are pathetic for not realizing this because its just pure common sense, all mesmer/thief/engineer players that don’t realize this are also pathetic and should grow some balls and play a real class. Guardain is there because its broken as hell atm and is carried by overwhelming stats and invulnerabilities/blocks , not necessarily by stealth.

So you could blame the game design for having so many ragers because the game is designed in a kittenty way so casual people can get build carried, basically this build generates more players/activity around pvp because if skill actually mattered then pvp would be dead, just like it was in another mmo which i shall not name but i’ll tell you that its pvp is by far the best mmo pvp there was. Basically its forgiving so they can keep casuals playing cause these are the ppl that generate da cash.

One of the very very few times i’ve “respected” a guy for outplaying me was when he played a build that isn’t broken or carried by easy/pathetic mechanics and when i failed a lot but he still did okay and i died. I didn’t flame the guy and i noticed him later when i got him and i would notice him if i get him today too but his mmr is probably too low cuz mine is maxed out and we don’t meet much, plus he won’t kill me this time. My point is that when i die by a guy with a build that isnt cheesy’/kittened then its K.

what i don’t consider cheesy is all builds with outplay potential and potential to get outplayed, for example dps warrior or power ranger or even necro to some extent. Elementalists are mostly okay too altho nowadays reapers/tempests are broken as hell so thats another thing to rage about.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Raging in this game shouldn’t even be against the rules.

The way this game is designed will always provoke raging because when you lose it doesn’t feel like you got outplayed most of the time and spotting plus appreciating skill in GW2 is very hard.

Build wars 2 should sum it up for you, i don’t respect a guy that beats me because he happens to run a build thats good against mine and yes every single build has a counter build ,even the meta builds. You don’t have an idea how laughable and useless d/d eles were against my warrior before anet butchered quickness and with it warriors.

I don’t respect a guy that gets class carried either, that would be all thieves , mesmers, engineers and most of the time guardians. Stealth is the most overpowered and forgiving mechanic in this game that makes you able to play like a kitten because you always have a way out, you barely need to consider anything and you can always run away and disengage if you take a bad trade and restart the fight until you take a good trade. Anet are pathetic for not realizing this because its just pure common sense, all mesmer/thief/engineer players that don’t realize this are also pathetic and should grow some balls and play a real class. Guardain is there because its broken as hell atm and is carried by overwhelming stats and invulnerabilities/blocks , not necessarily by stealth.

So you could blame the game design for having so many ragers because the game is designed in a kittenty way so casual people can get build carried, basically this build generates more players/activity around pvp because if skill actually mattered then pvp would be dead, just like it was in another mmo which i shall not name but i’ll tell you that its pvp is by far the best mmo pvp there was. Basically its forgiving so they can keep casuals playing cause these are the ppl that generate da cash.

One of the very very few times i’ve “respected” a guy for outplaying me was when he played a build that isn’t broken or carried by easy/pathetic mechanics and when i failed a lot but he still did okay and i died. I didn’t flame the guy and i noticed him later when i got him and i would notice him if i get him today too but his mmr is probably too low cuz mine is maxed out and we don’t meet much, plus he won’t kill me this time. My point is that when i die by a guy with a build that isnt cheesy’/kittened then its K.

what i don’t consider cheesy is all builds with outplay potential and potential to get outplayed, for example dps warrior or power ranger or even necro to some extent. Elementalists are mostly okay too altho nowadays reapers/tempests are broken as hell so thats another thing to rage about.

Enjoyable read, 10/10

would sub

If only 80% of the pvp community thought like you

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Salty players

in PvP

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

Ranked is disabled … RIPP

Rekt gg my life

Fort Aspenwood – PRX