Mac 64 Bit Client Keyboard Issue

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sequoia.2367

Sequoia.2367

I havent played the game much since the beginning of the latest PvP season, but today when I downloaded the new patch to play the new release (hype!) I fell into this bug repeatedly, where I seem to lose control of my character. The keyboard stop working in-game. I can still use my mouse to activate skills, so its not a sever connection issue.
It must be a new problem, because I havent seen anything online about it after a fast web search.
Anyone else fall into the same problem?
It seems to happen randomly as I’ve experienced it at different places and only a complete log off seems to help the problem, temporarily.
Cheers!

Posted by: Arion Starke.5208

Arion Starke.5208

Confirmed. I had the same issue in chapter 1.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Me to in the grotto instance. The only keys that would seem to work were the arrow keys, I could not even type a text chat. Finally I just quit the client and restarted things and thanked the fact that I did not lose much instance progress.

Reason #1868127389 why I can not stand instances. They are all-or-nothing.

Posted by: Ouros.5694

Ouros.5694

Yeah this is the same issue for me and my wife. It happens all the time to her, not just in instanced content.

Posted by: MiirikDragon.9263

MiirikDragon.9263

Sorry for the bump, but I’ve encountered the same bug at least once a day since…I think August 1st? I’m not 100% certain.

It only seems to happen for me in combat, usually when I’m participating in an event. It’s happened to me in PvE and WvW (I’ve only been in the Heart of the Mists and not actual PvP matches since this issue started occurring). Fortunately, it hasn’t happened in Fractals of the Mist, but that may just be luck.

I’m wondering if it has something to do with playing the Mac client in fullscreen; I’ll try windowed later and update if the bug persists.

UPDATE: I had a good run, but today the bug came back while playing in windowed mode.

Please keep us posted about this bug!

(edited by MiirikDragon.9263)

Posted by: Myst.9182

Myst.9182

Nasty bug. Pls fix.

Posted by: Jon Olson

Jon Olson

Programmer

The keyboard issues are being investigated.

Consider using this thread for continued communication about issues.

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Posted by: drkmyst.1487

drkmyst.1487

I had the same issue at first i thought it was my keyboard then i thought maybe it was a client issue

any way bug still going on however i notice it only seems to happen in an event

and not every event i did 2 events in a row
1st event was fine 2nd caused the loss of keyboard

i have not noticed this in pvp or fractuals