Serial idler with god among mere mortals

in PvP

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Hello,

So we had a player afking right from the start of the match.

The reason? previous drama with one player.
Apparently, this guy does it quite often and got reported before. He auto-run against a wall to not be kicked.

The best about it all? He has the title God walking among mere mortals.

Anet, are you actually reading reports and taking action against people who ruin the game for everyone? How is that possible that someone with this title is still playing and laughing at us for reporting him?

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

How does having a title that says I played GW1 have any relevance to afk-ing in pvp at all?

in PvP

Deihnyx.6318

It is relevant when the person gets reported and is still there. Means it’s not a new account and the person doesn’t even fear they’ll be banned for their behavior if they do it with that type of account.

This is not the right message you want to send to these people.

in PvP

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

It is relevant when the person gets reported and is still there. Means it’s not a new account and the person doesn’t even fear they’ll be banned for their behavior if they do it with that type of account.

This is not the right message you want to send to these people.

while title from guild wars has got not one relevance to afk-ing in pvp at all . by any means yes that means noting at all

best you can do is if you really think they are afk-ing in pvp at all. is to report them and move on and let anet deal with it. otherwise you could get banned for a false report . with out proper proof

no new system upgrades coming

in PvP

Deihnyx.6318

I will try to explain it again.

The problem is that these people go afk knowing full well they will get reported for it. And they don’t care because nothing is done to them.

And so yes, someone who does that while having a prestigious rank means he’s never got punished for it.

And that’s really an issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You can partly blame ANet’s handling over the cheating fiasco for the last AT for this. If something like blatant disregard for the EULA and standards of fair play doesn’t result in permabans, what’s the most you’ll get for afking in matches? Probably 30 mins of Dishonor at most.

in PvP

Posted by: mysticeyesx.1346

mysticeyesx.1346

Has ANET ever released a post addressing the afkers in pvp ranked in all the seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Juidodin.5829

Juidodin.5829

Has ANET ever released a post addressing the afkers in pvp ranked in all the seasons?

please as if anything they post has any relevance.. they just dont give a f. as long as people still pay for useless s.

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Unpopular opinion, but I think it’s okay for a person to idle a match if they were being harassed in the match by teammates. They shouldn’t have to play with anyone like that. But the person OP is describing, i don’t know the situation, so of course I would have to say that person is wrong and deserves some penalty.