Skyhammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Skyhammer makes so many people wake up to positioning, it’s not even funny. Watching your back has not been and will never be as rewarding as it is in Skyhammer.

But hey, if y’all really don’t like it, that’s cool too.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Relentless.7023

Relentless.7023

Again, the Skyhammer Engi is the only real choice you have if you want to win on that map consistently.

It’s already bad enough that there really isn’t much choice in what you can run on other maps but when it all gets condensed to one class and one build?

Skyhammer sucks

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Just learn to position yourself guys. As long as its not on the sidepoints youll be fine. Just give my team both sidepoints and let us win fast. Less frustration for you and an easy win for my team. A win win situation right?

Signed,

Locuz the decap engie

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I know you guys are joking about but there is so many situations where you can avoid getting knocked off etc. It’s the only reason why I support this map because I want people to improve on their awareness. Stealth pulls are quite broken though I admit.
- Collero (Best ‘Scorpion Wire’ World)

I have heard this so much in defense of skyhammer. It hardly reflects reality considering that 2/3 points are right next to a ledge and 3 panels of glass AND the hammer itself is undodgable, unblockable, does a kittenload of damage and is located on a peninsula of ledges with 2 giant glass panels.

There is no amount of awareness that can save you from inevitable insta-death unless you explicitly change classes or builds. THIS is the main problem of skyhammer. Want to play your favorite class and spec in the game mode you queue’d up for? NOPE! You got skyhammer!

The amount of frustration the playerbase experiences by queueing up for a tourney and then being forced to switch from the class or build that they expected to be able to play on a normal map is enough to warrant its removal. That’s not even considering the fact that the map itself is broken as kitten.

also: http://www.twitch.tv/ostricheggs/c/4029479

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

I don’t support Skyhammer and I definitely want it removed but I just want people to start focusing more instead of being in a world of their own thinking that spamming skills will get them through every game.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

people swearing to each other while playing skyhammer then i explain them them that none like this map of grief .
i throwed down a guy 4 times in a match just because i use hammer in spvp ,u think i enjoyed doing this?
do something about this map i just won and im angry aswell.

action combat made mmos better lol

Skyhammer

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Dont bother. We complained about it and even made strawpolls where the vast majority was against it in the soloq. But nothing.

I guess they hope we will learn to love it one day.

Skyhammer

in PvP

jihm.2315

Dont bother. We complained about it and even made strawpolls where the vast majority was against it in the soloq. But nothing.

I guess they hope we will learn to love it one day.

i dont see them liking it the guy was swearing at me but i said him to blame Anet for making the map.
a lot people will logically move to games with less trollability if they dont do something.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

They move to teamqueue.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

meanwhile they’re making changes that noone wants, like removing capricorn and 8v8
yet this map that we all despise is still here.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Yup, team Q ftw.

Had a lot of rly nice matches today and no fear of getting skyhammer.
Awesome.

Skyhammer

in PvP

jihm.2315

meanwhile they’re making changes that noone wants, like removing capricorn and 8v8
yet this map that we all despise is still here.

underwater combat is unbalanced while using banish with guardian and killing people that use the cannon in one hit is balanced. logic.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

This is getting old isn’kitten it’s been almost a year now and we still are suffering a-net. Why do you do this?

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Radmage.3741

Radmage.3741

skyhammer is bad and please remove it QQ

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.7946

Nighthawk.7946

Yeah, wtfffff. kitten Nobody wants to play skyhammer in solo queue. It’s a hot join map

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

My soul dies a little inside every time skyhammer pops. Please remove from solo queue.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Please add it back to team queue!

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

Please remove Skyhammer.

I really don’t want to upset anymore people on that map.

- Collero

I can confirm that this does happen.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Such a poopy map, especially when team composition varies beyond the queuing player’s control. If the other team randoms into a line-up with a bunch of stuns and knocks, the match can be a total waste of time.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

It’s a map designed by casuals for casuals. Fun for the occasional romp, or for those very special occasions when you feel like trolling the shyte out of people. It has no place in any setting that tries to be even remotely competitive. Anet knows all of this and has known it since the map’s inception. The fact that WTF Skyham is still a part of the rotation speaks volumes on Anet’s stance towards soloQ.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Keeping Skyhammer in the rotation is ArenaNet’s way of letting us know that they hate anyone who takes Solo Queue seriously.

Whenever I see Skyhammer pop, it’s equivalent to someone kicking me violently and repeatedly between my legs with steel toe boots. It’s just constant and swift kicks… to the point where I experience temporary blindness and taste blood in my mouth.

Thanks for the pain ArenaNet. Thanks a lot.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I agree with all the hate posts here.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

+1

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

Removing it is unnecessary, it might not be suitable for solo queue though. Even better would be to improve the way crowd control works, making it balanced and more skill based, but that’s probably not easy at all xD

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Removing it is unnecessary, it might not be suitable for solo queue though. Even better would be to improve the way crowd control works, making it balanced and more skill based, but that’s probably not easy at all xD

Totally removing it is unnecessary, BUT it is necessary to remove it FROM solo queue – it’s cancer map

Skyhammer

in PvP

Locuz.2651

I copy paste the following line from these forums in mapchat when i pull someone down from stealth. “Learn to position yourself”. The rage and nasty things people whisper to me …. one even called me a wvw player ;(.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

I copy paste the following line from these forums in mapchat when i pull someone down from stealth. “Learn to position yourself”. The rage and nasty things people whisper to me …. one even called me a wvw player ;(.

In solo queue, it doesn’t matter how well positioned you are. Two hammer-wielders are going to position you as they see fit.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

OE is bad, and you are all bad if you wanted it removed, can’t you predict when that stealthed thief or engi pulls you from stealth? What are you casuls? L2position bros…
What? I dont even play those I just play my warrior with hammer and stability to no end and wreck everyone….

The map is a joke for competitive play.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Guys, guys, it’s cool, delete this thread, they answered your prayers and removed Capricorn.

Oh wait…

The map is a joke for competitive play.

That’s not true, it’s a competition for who has the most CC!

In all seriousness, I like the map, or rather the idea of the map, I just highly dislike how it is just all about who has the most CC.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

recently havent agrreing with OE but i agree but this map need to be removed in arena. soloQ for that matter.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

there’s some players that know how to survive/kill with bunker but have totally no clue how to position. I love skyhammer for the fact that it punishes these people for guessing on one horse (bunker/enemy killing), rather then truly being good at playing spvp.

It’s the Rock scissors, paper story. If the bunker builds are Rock, then skyhammer is paper.

Working as intended, nothing needs to change.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

there’s some players that know how to survive/kill with bunker but have totally no clue how to position. I love skyhammer for the fact that it punishes these people for guessing on one horse (bunker/enemy killing), rather then truly being good at playing spvp.

It’s the Rock scissors, paper story. If the bunker builds are Rock, then skyhammer is paper.

Working as intended, nothing needs to change.

You don’t get it do you? You can’t “outposition” when you are siting on a point either far or home, because they just get there and pull you down from stealth there is no “counter” to there there is no “skill” involved in that….

“working as intended”

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

It’s true. Doesnt matter how positioned you are. I am going to run up on my bunker Engi, Toss Elixir S, and then Magnet Pull you to your death without giving you the slightest chance of counter play. Then I’m going to sit on that point and bunker the hell out of it.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

This map is so frustrating for me when I play my Staff Elementalist. Obstructed and Line of Sight, always.
+ Canon is a lot more effective against low hp classes.

Alerie Despins

Skyhammer

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

It’s true. Doesnt matter how positioned you are. I am going to run up on my bunker Engi, Toss Elixir S, and then Magnet Pull you to your death without giving you the slightest chance of counter play. Then I’m going to sit on that point and bunker the hell out of it.

Nah man don’t shatter his dreams of being better on a broken map…

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Sinister.5792

Sinister.5792

In solo queues… these 2 maps are cancerous.. in skyhammer, either you could grouped up with players who have a deathwish and just jumps to their death or! group up with engineers..

in spiritwatch, either you’re with the team who’s a complete leecher who just like to leech for points and not do anything or with a guard who keeps getting orb.

seriously…

I kill 2 birds with over 9000 stones

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

that’s e-sport .

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Agreed. I’m not sure why these are still in solo queue.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

just solo team queue. somebody’s always in need of a +1.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Spirit Watch is fine, Skyhammer…. no

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

Honestly, I don’t even care if they aren’t removed. I just want a dev to come up with a reason why Skyhammer is still in arena solo queue. Please explain to me the purpose of leaving in a map that heavily favors unskilled play over competitive play. I have no idea how they could let a map like this into this kind of game type, so please any devs out there, enlighten me.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I don’t mind Spirit Watch. Skyhammer is just blerrh.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: B Rad.5416

B Rad.5416

How about we get the 5 best skyhammer trolls and have them play 5 anet devs for 8 hours. Then they will see why skyhammer should be removed. It’s as if they don’t even play the game.

B Rad 80 Thief | Scrúbs 80 Guardian | Aquaholic 80 Elementalist |
Keyser Soze 80 Warrior | Muted 80 Mesmer | Crim De La Crim 80 Necro |
Server: Jade Quarry

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Some may not agree with spirit watch, but i guess everyone agree that skyhammer should be gone, anet come on now, make it hj only

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: JonSnow.5610

JonSnow.5610

Votes on removing capricorn: 0

Votes on removing Skyhammer: over 9000

Plsanetwhydowestillplaythismap

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: BertBoy.9031

BertBoy.9031

12 skyhams in a row into the next day having 4 in row and the next have half my pops be skyham… its enough to contemplate ending system 32… Spirit watch is fine, but grouch has used his decap engi ways to curse me with skyham. I now sometimes have to resort to 10 min solo team qs and get put with 3 bunkys and a decap engi (or whats left of it). why anet yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;; QQ

Bert -Rifle engi till i croak
www.Twitch.tv/gravityily

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Tarrek.7436

Tarrek.7436

I like Skyhammer. There’s a lot of focus on intelligent positioning and movement that gives ranged classes (longbow rangers) a needed change over the melee favoring designs of most of the other maps.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Both maps are fine and bring a much-needed change to the other maps.
It is a l2p issue. Nothing more, nothing less.
The new map is the fine little braindead slashing you might like.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Those are my two favorite maps, and I don’t even play a profession with a lot of knockbacks.

Skyhammer is refreshing in how it’s laid out with a lot of high rises, jump pads, and sniping positions that give ranged players a chance to use their ranged to full advantage, something the rest of the game just doesn’t. The extra element of the death beam adds a new dimension and a King of the Hill style gameplay, but it also forces people to use more strategy. If you can’t hold down the beam with one person you risk weakening your overall team in the field by being outnumbered. The control room is also the only place the Tornado elite is remotely useful to me. Since I learned how to fight on the map I almost never get knocked off anymore. It’s just a matter of positioning.

I’m not really sure why people have an issue with Spirit Watch. The orb isn’t any more annoying than having to kill the random world bosses on that one norn themed map. At least with the orb you don’t have to worry about someone coming in and getting the last hit to get the points you worked hard for.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

remove skyhammer pls

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division