Skyhammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

another day of soloq another day of afking on skyhammer. can WE PLEASE REMOVE THIS ALREADY? WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG??????

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

remove skyhammer pls pls

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

As someone who plays an engie as main i fully acknowledge this map is horrible. I usually do really well and destroy most if not all of the top players on the ladder purely due to the possibilitie to play it cheap. Its just far to easy to “outplay” anyone on this map and if done well its impossible to counter. Not satisfying for either side unless youre the type of player that enjoys taking shortcuts (Like cheats, faceroll builds etc).

On this screenshot from last night youll see the chat as a result of me toying around with ROM (former rank 1, ToL winner and one of the best 1v1 players in europe). After pulling him down for the 4th time within 2-3 minutes he gave up and wrote this in chat.

Attachments:

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lotus.1682

Lotus.1682

Skyhammer will never be removed. Some Anet bigwig probably has a vested interest in keeping this map in solo queue which is why the higher ups have enacted a stringent “No devs on Skyhammer forum posts” rule. Either that or some 3rd party is paying Anet a lot of money to keep it.

Skyhammer is a conspiracy. Skyhammer is the kittening New Coke of Guild Wars 2. Guess we just have to live with it. xD

Twistedlotus <Thief> xD
Isle of Janthir

(edited by Lotus.1682)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Skyhammer may possibly be the most poorly designed PvP map to ever be created in the history of gaming. I refuse to play on this crap map. I will afk every time until it is removed.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

This map is the least fun I have ever had playing an online pvp game. Every time I get this map I just quit the game during or after and go play something else. It really is the worst map design I have EVER seen.

Ranger | Elementalist

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Daily remove skyham from solo Q post. Map is crap, always was crap and always will be crap.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

After a 13 pages posts of negative comments about this map, Anet still choose to do nothing for more than a year.

What is the purpose of this post, or this pathetic forum anyway if that’s how Anet gather feedback? It’s basically pointless feedback because you actively ignore them right?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

for the last 2 weeks has always been skyhammer. You know how depressing my thoughts turn instantly for any hope of decent solo q day?

Like im not exaggerating its legit always skyhammer first round. Getting really tired of it.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Something to remember when you get skyhammer is that the other team got skyhammer too.

Skyhammer can be frustrating but a lot of people seem to put themselves in a bad spot with this map. I don’t know how many times Its happened in the 2 months I’ve done tpvp but people will constantly go to the home point even though there are multiple engis with knock backs and pulls onto glass and mesmers knocking people off hammer, or whatever other class doing whatever else.

I played a game today where someone complained about being feared off the ledge. “Then don’t stand near the edge.” I told them. Then they QQ’d about ledges being everywhere, but realistically you can dodge most pulls and position yourself away from most fears. Anyone I’ve ever feared off the ledge stood stupidly close to it.

Last week I played a game where our 5th left before the game started and never returned. We won by 100 points anyway, because of the above situation basically, where people were too stubborn to adapt to what was happening.

Skyhammer with a bad team sucks. But don’t be bad on it because you don’t feel like trying to be better, and don’t forget that the other team has the same obstacles and the same opportunities.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

Something to remember when you get skyhammer is that the other team got skyhammer too.

This is very true, but with skyhammer, it’s not necessarily about winning or losing, it’s the type of play that occurs on the map. When knockbacks, pulls and fears (not to mention the hammer itself) can easily win matches that might otherwise take much longer or go the other way, there’s an issue. Honestly, I don’t have difficulty playing on skyhammer, as a primarily mesmer player I have my fair share of ways to “play the map”, but it simply isn’t enjoyable from a PvP perspective.

I very much enjoy skyhammer in hotjoin, I think it’s a fun map to mess around on and not have to worry about, but if solo queue is meant to be an even somewhat competitive format, skyhammer needs to go, because wins on skyhammer do not reflect skill, teamwork, or co-ordination, all of which are supposed to be a part of GW2 PvP.

[IX]

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

i’ve just given into the trolls. tool kit, check. shield check. mines check. lets go you kitten mesmers

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

well, i guess my comment got merged here so i guess anet is seeing how much i love sky hammer. GG! Why aren’t all PvP and WvW maps just sky hammer. I like easy mode kills just like everyone else in this thread does!

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

rage strong such wow

Attachments:

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: eszem.3751

eszem.3751

It seems like devs would rather spend months to make a mapvote system instead of developing far more important things just because they do not want to remove Skyhammer from soloque – at least that’s what i see.

What do you guys think about it? Would you still think a mapvote system is important even if there was no skyhammer in soloque?

http://strawpoll.me/1810061

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

No. Every other map is equally fine, except Skyhammer. Although Ive gotten quite used to it and QQ less, at the very best its still a Dev Troll map.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

Mr. Evan Lesh

Hello. I am the Guild Wars 2 version of an everyman. I play too often and care to much to be casual, and I am just not good enough to be “pro”.

I wanted to preface my topic with this because I think am more rule than exception when it comes to the GW2 population.

I wanted to comment on a couple of comments you made in a t s e’s map vote post.

“Skyhammer is only an example of a map that some people have vocalized that they like less than others. There will always be maps that people like more and less than others.”

“…please do not focus your feedback specifically on Skyhammer and why you don’t like it. There we always be a least popular map…”

I think I speak for many in the soloQ player population when I address this. It is not a matter of Skyhammer not being popular, its about Skyhammer being toxic, and upsetting to many players. I want to PvP Evan. I don’t want to get feared, pushed, kicked, blasted, hammered etc off ledges to my death. I don’t want to get Scorpion wired, magnetted, etc through the glass every time I go to points A or C. I don’t want to build my character into a the type of cheeseball that does this type of play in order to fit in.

I want to play rated tournaments. That means I am forced to play this map. Many times these games end of being 4v5s anyway because people see “Skyhammer” and they decide to Esc>Exit to Desktop>Make a Sandwich>Eat Said Sandwich>Log back in and hope the match is over and they can just Re-Queue. Or they join the game and cap one node then afk/ talk smack/ complain/ etc.

I don’t understand why this map cannot be taken out of the rotation. It is nothing but troll PvP. It will still be popular in hotjoin so its not like the time spent developing it would go to waste.

My suggestion-Take Skyhammer out of SoloQ and add in Courtyard 3v3 team death match!

Just the 2 cents of your average GW2 PvPer

(edited by Epidemix Revenge.4862)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Epidemix Revenge.4862

L2P.. There I said it before anyone else could. :P

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I like Skyhammer. It is different map and requires different tactics and style of thinking. If you play well then you will never ever get pushed or feared off the edge. I think this map can teach players positioning.
I want Skyhammer added to team arena, it is my second favourite map after the temple.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

I’m indifferent to Skyhammer. The only reason I wouldn’t like to have it in teamq is because ele’s cannot play on the same level as other classes on this map (limited access to both stability and push/pull).

The only reason why I don’t like it in soloq is the fact that I have to relog to another character (too lazy to retrait), and don’t like to go through loading screens. So that’s my problem, not the problem with the map.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I like Skyhammer. It is different map and requires different tactics and style of thinking. If you play well then you will never ever get pushed or feared off the edge. I think this map can teach players positioning.
I want Skyhammer added to team arena, it is my second favourite map after the temple.

The map is kind of fun at the casual level you describe here, where players are trying to fear or push each other off the edges. But that’s not really what most 90%+ players are doing on skyhammer. Combinations of stealth and pulls are much more effective because positioning doesn’t really matter.

The map you enjoy ceases to exist when players start to build for it.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Epidemix Revenge.4862

I spend an hour trying to perfect a build..you know because I don’t want to just play meta builds… anyway I spend an hour looking to get that perfect synergy of traits, weapons, runes and sigils…. I test it on the golems.. I test it on Svanir and The Chieftan… I try it on and get smoked by the blue lord and his cronies BUT THAT’S OK…that’s ok…it happens to everyone now and then… I queue up ready to unleash this new terror upon my enemies..I wait patiently.. and .. SKYHAMMER.. Oh *&^% OFF

Skyhammer

in PvP

Epidemix Revenge.4862

Haha… They changed my topic’s subject line from Mr. Evan Lesh to Regarding Skyhammer 20 minutes then merged it with this topic because “This topic already exists”. I wanted him to respond to his own direct quote. In the topic I quoted him from he said he would not respond to the removal of Skyhammer because it was off topic….Which was why I created a new topic challenging his words directly. And now its been sent here to Skyhammer post hell.. the end of the line, the point of no reply.

Well played moderator…well played..

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Haha… They changed my topic’s subject line from Mr. Evan Lesh to Regarding Skyhammer 20 minutes then merged it with this topic because “This topic already exists”. I wanted him to respond to his own direct quote. In the topic I quoted him from he said he would not respond to the removal of Skyhammer because it was off topic….Which was why I created a new topic challenging his words directly. And now its been sent here to Skyhammer post hell.. the end of the line, the point of no reply.

Well played moderator…well played..

Well you’re lucky it wasn’t deleted, honestly. That’s what I figured would happen—moderators don’t usually tolerate calling devs out by name. This is their forum, and I do respect their right to moderate it how they want to.

It was off-topic in a way; of course, the entire reason people want a voting system is so they can vote against skyhammer, so I’d consider it closely related. I know personally, I have favorite maps and less-favorite maps, but only one that I really don’t want to play. Guess which one?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

don’t like this map at all. please fix and remove in the meantime.

Sanctum of Rall

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Got this twice in three matches. Makes me want to solo team queue or go play other games.

Ranger | Elementalist

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

This is a fairly popular strategy, just think about this: perma-stealth thief will just wait your stability out to scorpion wire you through a glass.

In any other circumstances, a perma-stealth thief will have their own weakness to compensate. So what are we supposed to do to counter this (aside from obviously leaving the Point)? Go for a perma-stability build?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

skyhamer should give you HONOR for leaving. like 500 gems.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: KraunK.2319

KraunK.2319

Seriously, remove this kitten.
It’s a nightmare, even in “play now” mode (hot join) 5 times of 6 there is sky hammer while the other 1 is spirit, jesus christ no one want this map.

I’m the Italian in Algeri

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Does ANet allow leniency for rage on this map?

I’m concerned because I’m usually a very relaxed and carefree person but on this map the chances of me telling everyone to go %$#@ themselves increases dramatically.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

jesus christ no one want this map.

Wrong. Devs want the map to stay. Lol it’s like going against a wall, they are not going to remove it. I mean they worked kitten that horrible map and wasted a lot of their precious time. They expected super positive feedback from the playerbase, but as always they were wrong, cos there’s no connection at all between them and the players, their minds are in a total different dimension.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Pixels.6532

when will i have the option to opt out of this map?

Sanctum of Rall

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Odik.4587

Odik.4587

Used illusionary wave on warrior to pushed him away from skyhammer room , he fell away BUT he lagged back ! i died right after i quitted skyhammer room instatnly with full health , when enter on skyhammer room i can be sent back instantly and got debuff = this not enough ?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

That map really makes me rage, I fear one day I will be banned when this map makes me rage again and I flame every Scorpion Wire thief, decap engie, permafearnecro into oblivion.
Even in hotjoin, yesterday, press play now gues what? skyhammer, dont even join the team, go to next server …. oh skyhammer , do that again …. ohhhh skyhammer
in other words play now button is useless takes you more time than personally chose the match. Finally got to spirit watch, match over , guess what….

And today I met a thief on skyhammer playing a pure scorpionwire build, meaning lots of invisibility and sustain and of course scorpion wire.
So what did he do? Going far (from their perspective), and if anyone tried to capture it go invisible , scorpion wire him down.

Hence we had no Guardian or something like that in game, that thief won every 1on1 there(if you can call scorpionwire the enemy on the glass “winning”).

So you had to go 2v1 against him, and even then one got wired down, thief was skilled tanky, so he could occupy the second one for some time, then go invisible having scorpion wire ready again wire that one down as well, and because you dont know when exactly the scopion wire comes you cant dodge or block it.

Thats such a cheesy build and in my opinion an exploit, the same as engineers being able to place their turrets out of melee range, while they can still shoot on capturing points (on pillars etc) but thats another story.

I have to mention the next map was forrest of nifhel, there I killed the thief 6 of 7 times I encountered him on the map and the one time he killed me he was standing on a podest (at henge while I was capturing) and stacked conditions high enough before I could reach him.

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Liberis.9573

Liberis.9573

I’ve only recently started playing spvp again, and wtf is this map. Why does ArenaNet keep adding all of these gimmicky maps?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Duran.3196

Well id like to get a statement from anet considering the thief build I mentioned above, cause it solely focuses around scorpion wire ppl down out of invisibility.
I’d go far enough to say its an exploit to focus a build around something like that, cause its an undodgeable 100% instantkill attack, for anyone that hasnt 100% stability uptime.

But i guess wont happen, I doubt anyway that any mod even reads that thread, thats why the all just cling it to the skyhammer megatread, in order not to read it.

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

People just need to accept that map for what it is. Believe it or not it does take skill knocking/pulling players to there death esp if both opponents are running cc builds . It becomes a game of positioning, timing your evades and blocks. For now accept the map is here to stay and play something that takes advantage of the map.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

People just need to accept that map for what it is. Believe it or not it does take skill knocking/pulling players to there death esp if both opponents are running cc builds . It becomes a game of positioning, timing your evades and blocks. For now accept the map is here to stay and play something that takes advantage of the map.

However, it requires changing of entire builds (which is rather a lot of hassle without build save/load features, especially when trying to discuss strategy in the short period before a solo queue game). It heavily favours certain classes who can bring a lot of CC (particularly pulls). Its secondary mechanic is far too powerful (like the orb on SW, it needs to be constantly fought over – and this is on a stupid tiny platform). It has serious camera issues with all the pillars, walls, enclosed capture points…

And it’s buggy as hell. So very, very buggy. So very, very, very buggy.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

However, it requires changing of entire builds (which is rather a lot of hassle without build save/load features, especially when trying to discuss strategy in the short period before a solo queue game). It heavily favours certain classes who can bring a lot of CC (particularly pulls). Its secondary mechanic is far too powerful (like the orb on SW, it needs to be constantly fought over – and this is on a stupid tiny platform). It has serious camera issues with all the pillars, walls, enclosed capture points…

And it’s buggy as hell. So very, very buggy. So very, very, very buggy.

Yep def req a change of build that why I have a toon specifically build for this map called “Pain in the but” couldn’t be bothered changing build over and over. Also all prof have a spec that can work well: GS/scep shield guard, War with fear rifle, hammer and lb good weap options. Fear necro, scorpwire thief, cc engi, mesmer invis with focus/gs, and rangers lb+wolf for fear.

Its Also possible to kill players even if they have the cannon you just have to be playing a ranged spec. This really works well for lb rangers than can kit away from hammer while still firing at an enemy on point. As far as I can tell options atm are rage about this map of just go with it. Tbh I didn’t like it a first but after you knock players to there death like 10x in a row its gets pretty funny and enjoyable lol.

edit: oh yea sometimes it is buggy as hell.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Skyhammer 5 times in a row

REALLY ANET?

Please remove this kitten from tournament rotation

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

Skyhammer

in PvP

Pixels.6532

I would support Skyhammer as it’s own unique queue where you knew you were getting Skyhammer and only Skyhammer going in…

Next fix spirit watch and then have the 5 maps in both solo and team queue (or don’t fix spirit watch and leave as is… just get rid of Skyhammer).

Sanctum of Rall

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

After trolling around in Wildstar all week, I decided to log on to GW2 and try a few soloQ games. What’s the harm, right? Aaand the first map that pops up is Skyhammer. Wrecked. So. Harm. Emotionally scarred, even. It’s like GW2 doesn’t even want me to come back.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

“A game of solo queue sounds fun…. kitten, skyhammer, win or lose, this is a waste of 15 minutes”.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

I think all the complainers are missing the point. Because I know there’s really no better way I like to spend my evenings than sitting in a 20 minute queue and then rolling Skyhammer. IT MAKES ME LOVE GW2 SO MUCH.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

I just had to wait 9 minutes for Skyhammer – I won. I have just waited another 10 minutes for Skyhammer again.

Edit: I just waited another 8 minutes for a THIRD SKYHAMMER IN A ROW

Edit 2: I just waited another 5 minutes for a FOURTH SKYHAMMER IN A ROW.

(edited by Obsidia.5127)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Duran.3196

hell just keep it as a “fun” (however you define fun) map and remove it from solo queue and give the possibility to remove it from play now button.

Hell even Courtyard is less of a fun map than skyhammer but yet skyhammer is solo queue and courtyard not^^

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I was having such a good run in sPvP over the past days. I was winning a lot, getting decent teams (mostly) and managed to avoid Skyhammer.

Until today.

3 Skyhammers out of 4 games is just about enough to drive me back to tPvP.

And the worst thing is just how purposefully ignorant ANet acts on this issue.

In ANY other MMO a map or feature that is despised by the community (about 2/3rd dislike it) would be immediately removed. Like within a month. Hell, even 30% voicing their discontent would warrant a serious redesign.

But ANet just sits there….and does nothing. For over a kittening year now.

I mean wtf.

For all this “collaborative development” nonsense you talk about you have received pretty unanimous feedback about this map for a year now and IGNORED IT ALL.

What else can I say except kitten you guys for being the least cooperative MMO devs ever.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

In ANY other MMO a map or feature that is despised by the community (about 2/3rd dislike it) would be immediately removed. Like within a month. Hell, even 30% voicing their discontent would warrant a serious redesign.

But ANet just sits there….and does nothing. For over a kittening year now.

I mean wtf.

Preach, brother.

Conspiracy 101 – Letting Skyhammer stay in rotation reeks of internal politics. It’s hard to come up with any other plausible explanation on why Anet insist on going against public opinion so obstinately and for such a prolonged period of time. In all likelihood someone internally has gone out of his/her way to vouch for the map, and axing it would equate to admitting defeat. So rather than eating kitten they let the playerbase suffer.

As for the public opinion part, there’s no debate about it. The average players loathe Skyhammer’s inclusion in soloQ, and the top-tier competitive players despise it even more. Some players would be happy to play Skyhammer now and again, but only as a hotjoin map. The question isn’t whether Skyhammer is subjectively fun or not, but whether the map is suited to competitive play. And for all the map’s masochistic charm, the answer is an unequivocal “no”.

EDIT – One last thing: If the devs mistrust forum opinion as skewed, why not put a mini poll on the launcher. Be sure to include “What is Skyham? ” as a possible answer option, so even the PvE peeps can pitch in.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.2083

Blackjack.2083

Just another example of complete ineptness at Anet. Newsflash dev team….the playerbase HATES it. Yep sorry to burst the bubble of whomever designed it but you failed. This game is actually pretty much kitten if you like sPvP or WvW.