Skyhammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Sylanna.1947

Sylanna.1947

I actually enjoy Skyhammer, and I know quite a few people in game that do also. I’d take Skyhammer any day over Spirit Watch.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Belze Intilie.8436

Belze Intilie.8436

Played two matches today, the first one was fun…. the second one this (stoped playing cuz i get bored of this kitten, just sad):

Attachments:

Bro Code(x) (Mesmer), Bro Tect (Guard)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Played two matches today, the first one was fun…. the second one this (stoped playing cuz i get bored of this kitten, just sad):

Yeah i played that match too. Just look at the enemy team and their lame comp. So many skyhammer heroes today

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

best map

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Just give us an option to select what maps we want to queue for. That way those who love Skyhammer can keep on doing what they love, and we who hate it can just ignore it…

Melder – Thief

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

Yo any anet peoples listening?

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

getting stuck mid air on skyhammer because game can’t handle pathing is sooo good… not really

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

This map is another reason I won’t do tournaments right now.

At least being a hot join hero I can just lolquit the match and go instantly into another one that isn’t completely full of suck.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

I hate skyhammer because it forces me to reroll settler melandru 00266 on my engi. Even swap to flamethrower and maybe mine! Such a hassle!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

not fun +1-ing fights, then making it a -1 with a single ability for other team

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Skyhammer

in PvP

joonasp.9217

can we get to 1,5k replies today?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Renna with scorpion wire xD

Ark 2nd Account

Skyhammer

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Id rather staple my kitten to a burning building than play another Skyhammer.

Why just only another skyhammer when they could be 2…3…or 4?

This game is so kittened up

Ark 2nd Account

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

The only thing I love to do is going into hammer room, steal from the necro and just fear everyone off. Feels like cheating though…

Melder – Thief

Skyhammer

in PvP

joonasp.9217

can we start some sort of a challenge like the ALS ice bucket challenge to raise awareness of skyhammer?

if someone’s a celebrity pls start it.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Cynz.9437

can we start some sort of a challenge like the ALS ice bucket challenge to raise awareness of skyhammer?

with the might of Grenth i summon joo, underwear model! XD

i am sure anet is aware of skyhammer issue (kind of hard to ignore mothership skyhammer thread), they must have their reasons to keep the map in rotation

would be nice to know them though

All is Vain~

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

with the might of Grenth i summon joo, underwear model! XD

i am sure anet is aware of skyhammer issue (kind of hard to ignore mothership skyhammer thread), they must have their reasons to keep the map in rotation

would be nice to know them though

I’d say being extremely sour at repeated requests to “take the map out” when significant effort has gone into modeling, coding, and building all of the assets would be a good, if not spiteful, reason.

They took it out where it matters, though.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

I feel like a terrible troll on this map. ;-;

It’s ridiculous the amount of people you can GS #5 or Focus #4 to their death.

This should be a hot join type of map where friends can goof off. ^^ Thanks.

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

2 skyhammers so far tonight… that’s 2 too many.

Sanctum of Rall

Skyhammer

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Almost 20k views and 1.5k replies…and still nothing from anet.

Are you ppl just trying to push gw2 players out of your game or what? That’s the only answer that comes to mind at this point….and in this case you’re doing a dam pretty good job.

Ark 2nd Account

Skyhammer

in PvP

joonasp.9217

Are you ppl just trying to push gw2 players out of your game or what?

No Skyhammer in custom arenas. Please, buy gems.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Cyrrin.1230

Cyrrin.1230

kitten GET RID OF THIS MAP!

Skyhammer

in PvP

joonasp.9217

Just had a 3v5 cuz my teammates didn’t want to play this kitten map.

#justesportsthings

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Famous.6403

Famous.6403

Just died like 5 times on Skyhammer. 3 enemy mesmers, I was getting knocked off left and right. Skyhammer has to be the most kitten map ever. Seriously ANET ARE YOU LISTENING? YOU’RE KITTENING YOUR FANS OFF WITH THIS STUPID MAP. It needs to be removed from Solo Queue or just banished to the void altogether.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Thegreatninjaman.5891

Thegreatninjaman.5891

ill be honest, i love this map. its the best one. I feel like it takes more skill to be aware of your surroundings and anticipate the enemies Knockbacks. it has a gimmick that helps you earn points rather then getting them for free using the Skyhammer Cannon. i want more maps like this, not necessarily ones that have instant kill hazords, but maps that aren’t filled with redundant, boring, back and fourth duel style combat and ward gimmicks.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Cynz.9437

ill be honest, i love this map. its the best one. I feel like it takes more skill to be aware of your surroundings and anticipate the enemies Knockbacks. it has a gimmick that helps you earn points rather then getting them for free using the Skyhammer Cannon. i want more maps like this, not necessarily ones that have instant kill hazords, but maps that aren’t filled with redundant, boring, back and fourth duel style combat and ward gimmicks.

you can’t anticipate when mesmer gonna pull you into hole on hammer platform because while you are loading into platform he already pulled you and you have 0 chance to react

All is Vain~

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Thegreatninjaman.5891

Thegreatninjaman.5891

[/quote]

you can’t anticipate when mesmer gonna pull you into hole on hammer platform because while you are loading into platform he already pulled you and you have 0 chance to react[/quote]

then i go back to were i died with stability ready and kill him. sure its cheap that some of these people do these strategies, but is it really that much cheaper then using a bunker engineer to defend a point?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: yoyi.3469

yoyi.3469

then i go back to were i died with stability ready and kill him. sure its cheap that some of these people do these strategies, but is it really that much cheaper then using a bunker engineer to defend a point?

but then he use nullfield and doesnt matter if you have stability

Skyhammer

in PvP

Archaon.9524

you can’t anticipate when mesmer gonna pull you into hole on hammer platform because while you are loading into platform he already pulled you and you have 0 chance to react[/quote]

then i go back to were i died with stability ready and kill him. sure its cheap that some of these people do these strategies, but is it really that much cheaper then using a bunker engineer to defend a point?[/quote]

any real “exploit” mesmer on skyhammer is running nullfield (Or arcane thievery or both) + boon removal on shatter..

Ark 2nd Account

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Let’s add to the waterfall of tears…

Had multiple Skyhammer pops after an other, and now I simply shut down the game…

The map literally promotes so much bullkitten that it makes the experience simply gone… well to me that is, I guess all those people who pulled me in stealth had a ton of fun…

I am going to refrain myself from doing SoloQ’s for a while again… It is depressing, and simply disappointing to see this map being in the rotation after all the feedback that has been given…

A lot of people like it, some do not – and I guess those “some” who do not like it are the ones not playing PvP…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Skyhammer

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Had multiple Skyhammer pops after an other, and now I simply shut down the game…

The map literally promotes so much bullkitten that it makes the experience simply gone… well to me that is, I guess all those people who pulled me in stealth had a ton of fun…

I am going to refrain myself from doing SoloQ’s for a while again… It is depressing, and simply disappointing to see this map being in the rotation after all the feedback that has been given…

A lot of people like it, some do not – and I guess those “some” who do not like it are the ones not playing PvP…

i am one of those people pulling other into holes from stealth all game…. trust me, i do not enjoy it but if everyone plays cheese there you either gotta quit or join them

the map is soooooooooooooooooooo buggy too, half of my spells don’t even work properly there due to terrain issues, bugs etc.

i am guessing those a lot of people that like it are…. hmm, those who don’t do ranked or abuse certain farm

All is Vain~

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Maybe if and when they implement the map voting system they will finally be able to gather the data needed to determine what is blatantly obvious. Skyhammer sucks and a large majority don’t want to play it.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

i am one of those people pulling other into holes from stealth all game…. trust me, i do not enjoy it but if everyone plays cheese there you either gotta quit or join them

the map is soooooooooooooooooooo buggy too, half of my spells don’t even work properly there due to terrain issues, bugs etc.

i am guessing those a lot of people that like it are…. hmm, those who don’t do ranked or abuse certain farm

Well I am glad to know that you dislike running the cheese…

I can see why you would run it though, I could’ve just gone full Terror like any other Necro, but chose not to because I am a moralist – while there is no reason for me not to do so, since it is not even the player’s fault they run those builds, it is the freaking game…

Ah well, I am disappointed in this game… TeamQ is neigh impossible without a team, and SoloQ invites the worst sometimes…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Skyhammer

in PvP

Pixels.6532

this map… gg.

Sanctum of Rall

Skyhammer

in PvP

Pixels.6532

2x in a row… QQ

Sanctum of Rall

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

It would be interesting to get a statistic about how many matches in skyhammer are 4vs5 because people don’t want to play this map.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

It would be interesting to get a statistic about how many matches in skyhammer are 4vs5 because people don’t want to play this map.

I’d be more interest in know how many intentionally afk so they don’t get the dishonored debuff.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

Only Skyhammer do I see 4 engineer teams.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

then it turns into 4v5 for obvious reasons

this is not competitive

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

i fear soloq because of skyhammer

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

spirit watch is just as bad. half my teams ignore orb and still don’t understand that scoring it in your own base is worth double. Odd how they take the two worst maps out of team q but leave them in solo. Why not remove them from both? I know you worked really kitten them, but sorry- they’re utter failures. You know what else is a complete failure? The language filter on this forums, “h@rd” was blanked out, why?

I would be nice to get some dev thoughts on the topic. They’re posting in kitten topic about teams not being nice to eachother on teamspeak, but cant give us any thought on this topic, which is nearing 1500 posts.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

skyhammer, spirit watch, skyhammer.
Nice troll anet.

Seriously, these two maps should be removed from soloq.
They are fine in hotjoins for some funzies, but soloq is a joke because of these 2 maps.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

Just had 4 engis on my team.

The other team suddenly dropped to a 3v5.

Wonder y. I don’t experience 3v5s on other maps.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I don’t mind Spirit Watch. I’d rather play that map ten times as to play one Skyhammer.

The sad thing is if you hit “Play Now” in hot join you will get Skyhammer 3 out of 5 times as well. Only the hot join trolls like playing on it and even then it’s most them playing each other as most everyone else just finds a different server when it comes up.

At least that’s what I see; I obviously don’t speak for everyone in hot join.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Calypso.2578

you can’t anticipate when mesmer gonna pull you into hole on hammer platform because while you are loading into platform he already pulled you and you have 0 chance to react

any real “exploit” mesmer on skyhammer is running nullfield (Or arcane thievery or both) + boon removal on shatter..

Wait, wat. When we (mesmers) do a pull, we have to put down a glowing purple line on the ground, LOL. If you’re being seen running towards Skyham gate and then loading in, sorry, but you are being too obvious by announcing your arrival and it’s your fault there is a pull waiting for you.

Also, nullfield and arcane thievery are some of the few condi clears we have access to. This is no exploit, pls. Boon removal on shatter is part of the regular shatter build!

If you’re having mesmer problems, stop getting rekt. Send another mesmer up to Skyham while you deal with point B. You can also send up a thief, engi, necro or even a hambow up there.

Attachments:

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Wait, wat. When we (mesmers) do a pull, we have to put down a glowing purple line on the ground, LOL. If you’re being seen running towards Skyham gate and then loading in, sorry, but you are being too obvious by announcing your arrival and it’s your fault there is a pull waiting for you.

Also, nullfield and arcane thievery are some of the few condi clears we have access to. This is no exploit, pls. Boon removal on shatter is part of the regular shatter build!

If you’re having mesmer problems, stop getting rekt. Send another mesmer up to Skyham while you deal with point B. You can also send up a thief, engi, necro or even a hambow up there.

To be fair I think mesmer has the best tools for thee sky-hammer shenanigans. Everybody always lists thieves but all they have is scorpion wire (and fear if they steal form a necro) which is very unreliable, and requires more setup and positioning than fears/knockbacks. While I dont think mesmers are that much stronger than other classes on this map, I think their cc + boonrips puts them at the top of the food chain(on this map only). Mesmers can carry kitten skyhammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Calypso.2578

To be fair I think mesmer has the best tools for thee sky-hammer shenanigans. Everybody always lists thieves but all they have is scorpion wire (and fear if they steal form a necro) which is very unreliable, and requires more setup and positioning than fears/knockbacks. While I dont think mesmers are that much stronger than other classes on this map, I think their cc + boonrips puts them at the top of the food chain(on this map only). Mesmers can carry kitten skyhammer

It depends on the player’s ability to use their utils/attacks correctly. I get shrekt if an engi comes up to Skyham, has his tool kit/gear shield thing up (so I can’t pull), throws condis on me and/or swaps to rifle and blasts me over the edge. I can also get shrekt while I’m trying to pull if the engi catches me walking over the glass pane to break it, they throw their net on me and I fall down to the worms, LOL. Just typing this is making me crack up. Also, how about them 10 yr fears from necros? The little area up there makes it hard for me to fight against hambow wars. The fire AoE burns my buns and then I get CC shrekt by their hammer. Skyham is so trolly.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

All I see when I look at this thread is 30 pages worth of rage that I don’t have the time to put down on these forums that no devs will read.

Kinda depressing. I’ve seen too much skyham for one man.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Cynz.9437

All I see when I look at this thread is 30 pages worth of rage that I don’t have the time to put down on these forums that no devs will read.

Kinda depressing. I’ve seen too much skyham for one man.

let it out man, this is skyhammer rehab, join the glorius mothership Skyhammer

they really need to dosomething about map though, players constantly just leave matches…. i am sick at tired of 4v5 every skyhammer match

and what do you expect players to do if they don’t have stealth?

All is Vain~

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Just had a game against three engies and a thief (plus a Guard put nobody cares about them). All they tried was Scorpion Wire and Magnet pull, plus all those other knockback shenanigans. Sad part is they still lost.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage