Skyhammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

There’s this issue with the cannon room on Skyhammer that a lot of times if you press the interact key too fast, you get ported in and back out. Can we have some sort of delay on it so this can be avoided? Sort of how the buffs in Temple were made to not cancel channeling if you accidentally press interact more than once.

Thief

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Next

That’s a possibility, though this bug has proved tricky to fix, as it seems to only occur on the live servers.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: NiftyNags.7946

NiftyNags.7946

I’ve had it port me back out instantly as well, but all the times it has happened to me I was only hitting the interact key once. I’m pretty sure there is already a delay preventing you from hopping out right after going in, so maybe we are experiencing the same bug, but you just happen to be hitting the interact key more than once.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

I believe the problem of not being able to enter is just as problematic. On several occasions did I have to move away from the portal and back, in order for it to work.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Any plans to remove this map from solo queue….. PLEASE!

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

That’s a possibility, though this bug has proved tricky to fix, as it seems to only occur on the live servers.

Latency issue then?

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jony.6815

Jony.6815

Or you could just completely remove skyhammer nobody will miss it.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

What? The only map I can actually reverse my position with warriors, necros and engineers, and troll them with scorpion wire till rage quit? Never!

Signed, level 1 alt

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

the only map where the tornado-elite from eles can actually be fun and usefull

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Annoying bug.

Workaround: Stand still, don’t move your mouse or press anything but the interact key once. If that doesn’t work, move far away and repeat.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

Is it just me, or has something just like this also recently just started happening with the treb on khylo? I find myself getting on and off of it without hitting F while in the middle of a heated battle to defend it. It’s extremely annoying.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

Is it just me, or has something just like this also recently just started happening with the treb on khylo? I find myself getting on and off of it without hitting F while in the middle of a heated battle to defend it. It’s extremely annoying.

Yes, I’ve had that happen to me as well. That, and how the trebuchet sometimes rotates a 180 degrees when you try to use it immediately after repairing it.

Thief

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Sorry to ask but, shouldn’t you have a replica of the live servers to play with internally?
We know you have other versions, modified to test stuff but if you are fixing the one we are playing shouldn’t you be working on that server? Implementing changes and fixes that you tested out on a different versions from the client we play wont cause more problems?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Are you rotating camera angle with your right-mouse click and have right-mouse interact enabled?

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Sorry to ask but, shouldn’t you have a replica of the live servers to play with internally? We know you have other versions, modified to test stuff but if you are fixing the one we are playing shouldn’t you be working on that server? Implementing changes and fixes that you tested out on a different versions from the client we play wont cause more problems?

Yeah, it’s not that simple. Any of a number of differences between live/release and development/debug environments could be causing the issues. They have access to the live environment, after all, and this problem is in the live environment so they don’t need a replica for that but debugging and testing the live version is more difficult because it’s not a debug environment.

I’ve chased more than my fair share of these issues over the years so I can say that it’s not necessarily a issue in the live servers, it could be an issue in the live client (hence it’s only seen on the live servers because the live client is used there) or most likely some tricky timing issue between the two. Maybe it’s network lag, maybe it’s some further side effect of having thousands of players interacting at once (related to skill lag), but it’s hell to track that kind of issue down and reproduce it based on knowledge of the systems and how they interact alone.

I don’t envy your programmers.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Flamfloz.6732

Flamfloz.6732

Maybe we can transport people further in the room so that they cannot interact with the door anymore once inside?

Although it depends if the issue is that the server receives two interactions notifications on the same object “skyhammer door” from the client from people spamming to enter the room (F F F F F!!!) and one is registered as “outside” then the other one “inside” because of server delays…
In this case make two objects skyhammer “door 1” and “door 2”, entry only and exit only… Oh! whatever. Not my business anyway!!!

(edited by Flamfloz.6732)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

Talk for yourself, Skyhammer is my favorite map. I do not want it to be removed.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Skyhammer is by far my favorite map: after doing the rest of the maps so many times skyhammer gives me a chance to break out of my weapons/utilities and have fun.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Yeah we think its a lag related issue regarding the Skyhammer portal as it is not reproducible internally. As for the treb, that one is also very tricky tech wise. Basically if you are turning the treb when someone attacks you off of it, it will continue to rotate. So.. ya.. get off the treb when someone is coming for you! For the time being we have made a small tweak internally so that the trebuchet will only rotate 90 degrees instead of 180 degrees.

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Yeah we think its a lag related issue regarding the Skyhammer portal as it is not reproducible internally.

Then please test it externally. This is a very frequent bug that can (and often does) destroy a team. No other teleporter in the game has this problem (that I’ve seen).

As for the treb, that one is also very tricky tech wise. Basically if you are turning the treb when someone attacks you off of it, it will continue to rotate. So.. ya.. get off the treb when someone is coming for you! For the time being we have made a small tweak internally so that the trebuchet will only rotate 90 degrees instead of 180 degrees.

Trebs in WvW have this problem too. It can be devastating when a counter-treb knocks you off while you’re turning and renders your treb useless (because it won’t stop turning) long enough for the enemy treb to destroy it.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I used to have that problem, try disabling “Right click to interact” in the options menu.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson