Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Krafty.9758

Krafty.9758

What? Did you expect us to not know the previous one was gone? lol.

Still waiting for dev reply.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Is there any official response as to it being an illegal activity (i.e. exploit) or not?

Edit: I would like to know this for sure, cause it seems pretty much like any other farm in the game (such as champ trains) and I would do it if they say it isn’t an exploit.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Azylir.9137

Azylir.9137

Is there any official response as to it being an illegal activity (i.e. exploit) or not?

Edit: I would like to know this for sure, cause it seems pretty much like any other farm in the game (such as champ trains) and I would do it if they say it isn’t an exploit.

generally anything that resembles a farm in a pvp environment is considered cheating or exploiting to the player base, not necessarily the uppers, to them it might just be sad seeing something they worked on to try to be used fair being used in a way they didn’t ever intend or foresee.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Sea.5732

Sea.5732

wanting a rollback! =(

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Krafty.9758

They knew it was an exploit, they’ve said so themselves (along with most others). It all boiled down to what was going on in Custom Arenas.

Alot of people will claim the issue has been fixed, but what they fail to realize is that while Anet have stopped future farming, they’ve done nothing to answer the community on what is being done to rollback the previous exploiters. Whenever an exploit happened in pve… MASS BANS… but pvp? nah its all good (or so it would seem).

Now that the new glory rewards are in, the farmers have such a greater advantage over anyone else. Particularly given the fact that people can spend all their glory and convert it straight to gold by buying the gifts from the seasonal vendor in HOTM.

All people want is an answer as to what is being done to rollback the farmers.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

In before you get infracted as well ...

~~Ayeres~~

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Krafty.9758

In before you get infracted as well …

I’ve lost count already…. lol

But it doesn’t bother me one bit, the more they ignore, the more people will speak up. The more posts they delete, the more new posts will be created in it’s place.

Perceived ignorance of the community =/= customer service.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Please anet stop removing all the threads without an answer.. This is a serious issue.

People who exploited skyhammer and birthday boosters spend all their glory on wintersday gifts now and make tons of money.
You have to do something!

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Skyhammer as a map should just be pulled.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Did they not rollback the skyhammer glory farmer’s millions of glory before releasing a merchant that basically sells gold for a few glory? A guy bought like 3k gifts for 60k glory. Those sells for almost 2 silver each.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

lol 60k glory – thats lil bit more than 1 rank for me^^

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

QFT.

The farm was stopped quite a while ago. If anything was going to happen, such as a roll back, it would have happened by now. Since this glory vendor has been released, they most definitely can do NOTHING to retroactively change any glory someone had gotten.

The ship has sailed on this battle. It is done.

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Krafty.9758

QFT.

The farm was stopped quite a while ago. If anything was going to happen, such as a roll back, it would have happened by now. Since this glory vendor has been released, they most definitely can do NOTHING to retroactively change any glory someone had gotten.

The ship has sailed on this battle. It is done.

So true….

They’re really setting a bad precedent with this issue. The message is clear. It’s apparently not OK to exploit pve, but would seem its OK to do so in pvp. My advice to anyone that gets caught out with an exploit, is to simply state the skyhammer farmers issue and how nothing was done about it. Highlight the hypocrisy.

Such a shame.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Very strange , as far as i know the pve and pvp players are bound by the same rules of conduct and exploiting shouldnt be ok on either. Or are the rules of conduct been updated so it says exploiting is ok in pvp?
Any clarification by anet would be welcome. This silence and deletion of valid topics about the issue isn’t looking very professional.

All is vain.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

Where there’s no judge, there’s no hangman.

I guess this is a “Exploit as much as you can, and nothing will happen! Because we don’t care at all. Best regards Anet.” christmas card!

Correct me if im wrong about this devs… or explain why you did nothing.

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

(edited by Tranassa.4968)

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

How were people farming glory on Skyhammer?

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: DeterminedPanda.1274

DeterminedPanda.1274

This already was an annoying issue, but now with the pvp rewards its even more annoying. The people who exploited are now going to be the most flashy looking people in pvp even though they havent shown real skill or gained real experience in the game. I know it is past the point where they will do anything, but ANets lack of response even on the forums (where they are regularly decently responsive) is unacceptable. You took forever to do anything, when you finally come out with solutions they effect the entire pvp world just to try to deal with one exploit, and when you finally reward pvp in some way, you do it in a way that caters to pve players and skyhammer farmers. Terrible.

Derpty

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Allie Murdock replied about a month ago, heres the link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/legitimate-high-ranks-pls-devs-respond/page/2#post3051473

I think they will handle it like in GW1 by bringing something like dhuumsday, which would result in a perma account ban for skyhammer farmers. Basically this would be the best, so it doesnt matter what farmers can do with their glory now.

On the other hand, we already recognized that Anet dont gives a kitten about PvP, so we will see. Allie may sound trustable in this post, but Anet promised us other things like superior PvP with GW2 as well, and now they´re putting like 1% of their ressources into PvP development.

So as usual: Hope for it, but dont count on it.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Krafty.9758

Allie Murdock replied about a month ago, heres the link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/legitimate-high-ranks-pls-devs-respond/page/2#post3051473

I think they will handle it like in GW1 by bringing something like dhuumsday, which would result in a perma account ban for skyhammer farmers. Basically this would be the best, so it doesnt matter what farmers can do with their glory now.

On the other hand, we already recognized that Anet dont gives a kitten about PvP, so we will see. Allie may sound trustable in this post, but Anet promised us other things like superior PvP with GW2 as well, and now they´re putting like 1% of their ressources into PvP development.

So as usual: Hope for it, but dont count on it.

Yes that linked post you put in was an “answer” on Anets part….. but what did it actually answer?

The whole post by Allie made me lol pretty hard, but more in particular was the second paragraph in that post – (“We have all of the numbers, we know exactly who is doing it and how many times they do it. I’m not going to say any more than that”). That sounds more like a company line and not a personal line.

So all the variables are known by Anet, but they won’t tell us anything more. Oh well I guess that is that, I just hope they follow up on that promise and do something about it before any new system gets brought in which could possibly reward the skyhammer farmers. I mean afterall, Allie herself said towards the end of the 1st paragraph “you’ll just have to trust we will protect our game…”

Oh wait……

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

i think its to late for a rollback.. with wintersday gift selled on trading post every skyhammerfarmer could now happy convert the glory into gold.

but yeah thx anet, rewarding tpvp for past tourneys would hurt the economy but a couple farmers with millions of glory converted into gold not. seem ssomehow paradox.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

Maybe Anet didn’t ban the glory farmers so they could flood the market with gifts as a gold sink?

o:

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Maybe Anet didn’t ban the glory farmers so they could flood the market with gifts as a gold sink?

o:

if that was the purpose why they have fear to give pvp players gold for tourney wins in the past and argue with “shock to the economy”?

doesnt it smell somehow bad? farmer and exploiter dont get a bann, a rollback or any other consequence. yeah at first it was only rank and useless glory. but we all said, glory will get value sometime. now with giant wintersday gifts glory was converted into gold. and the pvp-players that played the game right still get the refused answer.
thats measurement with 2 different standards.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Krafty.9758

Still waiting for dev reply.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

hai guise im glory farmer dw im pro pvp. all dis hate is stupid. i worked for my gold i farmed in pve. i worked dat skyhammer exploit like a stripper works da pole. u broke? whos fault is that. u decided to be a scrub and support the pvp side of lyfe. look at u all scrubbin with ur flaming gladius/cof gear. kitty i got cultral t3 while u lookin like a poverty stricken rabbit rank lol. the exploit didnt hurt the pve players or da economy so who cares. debunked gg /leave thread

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Azjurai.3078

Lady Azjurai.3078

You won’t get a dev reply. People been wanting one for a long, long time now.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Krafty.9758

You won’t get a dev reply. People been wanting one for a long, long time now.

Oh I know. Now it’s more of a case of pressing Anet to show even just the basic signs of customer service.

Thread after thread deleted, posts deleted, infractions given out…. all of that work when the simplest thing to do would be to do what normal companies do, provide customer service. Heck, even a 1 sentence answer along the lines of “Anyone found to have abused a bug in pvp will get the same punishment as to what gets handed out for pve exploits, we have the numbers, we know who did it bla bla bla bla”.

And then when you consider that they have made posts about bugs and have given the green light to people to abuse it (yes you did Anet, the proof is on the forums), then yeah that only makes their response to this issue even more disturbing.

The longer this goes on, the more unprofessional Anet appears.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Lady Azjurai.3078

Can’t gonna disagree with that, but they’re still not gonna give a response no matter what the players do. It’s some of the worst – if not the worst – customer service I’ve ever seen in an MMO regardless of game/company size.

But at least we know we can exploit for gold/glory happily in future since nothing happens. Well, people with no standards anyway

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They obviously have zero plans to do anything about it. That’s why they won’t say anything. I seriously doubt they’d come out and say:

“We have heard your complaints and have decided to do nothing.”

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Krafty.9758

They obviously have zero plans to do anything about it. That’s why they won’t say anything. I seriously doubt they’d come out and say:

“We have heard your complaints and have decided to do nothing.”

Exactly. Actions speak louder than words.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Lady Azjurai.3078

It’s interesting though, since you can turn glory into gold fairly easily, the people who exploited to get the glory can get fairly huge sums of gold for their efforts now. That’s something that effects the PvE folks, would think Anet would be all over that like wombats on ugly.

Considering how much glory they exploited, and how much you get if you convert it, it’s more than a small amount when you get to 35+ rank if you’ve not spent any glory.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Still i’d like to know if exploiting in pvp is not bannable.
And getting 25k glory each game for birthday booster exploit.
Isn’t that like 20-25 gold right now if you exchange for gifts?

The exploiters got 20-25 gold every 10 minutes..
And it seems to be totally ok.. I don’t understand!

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Still i’d like to know if exploiting in pvp is not bannable.
And getting 25k glory each game for birthday booster exploit.
Isn’t that like 20-25 gold right now if you exchange for gifts?

The exploiters got 20-25 gold every 10 minutes..
And it seems to be totally ok.. I don’t understand!

Don’t you really understand? What do you expect them to do? Ban the exploiters? Really? Yes I’m quite sure exploiting is bannable but doing so is not convenient for anet. They are paying customers and most of them are likely still paying real money for this kittenty game. I’m quite confident anet doesn’t want them to stop. Also skyhammer farming used to be so widespread that if they really had banned all those exploiters the pvp scene would have been completely empty.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Fjandi ANET has shown they have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to exploiters in the past when they banned plenty of paying customers, but that was for pve and they are showing they don’t care about pvp.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Fjandi ANET has shown they have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to exploiters in the past when they banned plenty of paying customers, but that was for pve and they are showing they don’t care about pvp.

That’s a diff story. As far as I know those players got banned for a precise reason: they were exploiting the trading post (or other similar stuff). That’s obviously very dangerous for anet cos those players were basically messing up their stupid in-game economy. So they essentially banned them out of spite. Revenge.
Skyhammer farmers were totally different beasts. They spent real money on custom arenas (and putting custom arenas on the tp was a stupid idea to begin with), so everything was fine for anet until legit players started complaining on the forum and ripping on the devs. Only then they took action to solve the problem.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

It’s rather hilarious that the skyhammer farmers now also made thousands of gold.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Since most skyhammer farmers are selling millions of glory for gifts to other players, rather than injecting 1mil+gold into the economy (reason why there isn’t a rollback to begin with, rather skyhammer farmers are taking money from other pve farmers[i.e no gold being put into the economy]). I don’t think their ranks can be rollback because of what Anet has revealed about their engine by them saying it only keeps at least a 1 week (or 2) rollback feature for individual players that are hacked. The lack of taking skyhammer out in a quickfix when the exploit happened is probably more complicated than we think, but it ruined the game as a whole. I think the reason why the devs have not responded in (4 months?) to skyhammer threads is because the damage is done and they can’t do anything but lose more customers (ban).

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Message received: exploit all you want, and then we’ll double the rewards for your exploits later.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Sirendor.1394

Still rather vague whether skyhammer farm is an exploit or not (if not using birthday booster exploit).

Why would it be bannable if people decided not to kill eachother and cap points by turn? Same thing was happening with the PvP daily, for people who didn’t care about a fair fight or just wanted to get over with it quickly.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

so if the exploiter have 1million glory, he can buy 5000 batch at 200 glory each.
Each batch has 10 giant gift, so thats 50 000 giant gifts.
Each gift cost around 2 silver(example). He would have sold 100 000 silver/ 1000 gold worth of gifts.Take away the TP taxes and that would be around 700 gold per 1 million glory?

Not bad,can get some precursors. I envy those who exploited and did not get penalised,instead they got rewarded! Gratz skyhammer exploiters,you have outplayed us legit tpvp players, we may have won the battle of TPVP but u have won the war of GW2 spvp

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Sirendor.1394

I actually went to check one of the ‘skyhammer farms’ and it’s not that lucrative. Earned maybe ~800 glory in half an hour’s play (if you actually switch from red to blue every other match). That’s not a lot at all. If you get 10s every 10 minutes, that still makes only 60s after an hour and 1600 glory so 8×10 gifts (1,6g), in total 2,2g in an hour.
Of course Anet has to ban the people who exploited birthday booster, since they got a ton more than that.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

In the past, you got you glory “real time” and not at the end of the match. So the earned glory might have been higher.

Skyhammer Gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

The abuse of Custom Arenas and the Skyhammer map in particular has been fixed.

We do not comment about account actions taken against players that violate our Rules of Conduct. If you feel that a particular player(s) is in violation of the Rules of Conduct, or would like to report an exploit, please send an email to exploits@arena.net with your report.

Locking this thread. Any additional threads with this same request may be closed.

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

(edited by Chris Cleary.8017)