Slickshoes 4-5 seconds KD superiority.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

ps. The only thing that keeps Mr smith and his buddy, the newly found mr jones from gandara wvw scene, hidden in the lairs of Vabbi, is the low cd on the engi heal skills that actually prevents him from 4 v 1’ing. Maybe it’s just rumours. I’ve talked to asdf member Henry recently, and he can confirm this is true. Buff slick shoes buff cd on heal. These are just mr smiths and jones’ cry for help for proper balance. Also double Moa skill will help them 2 v 5 the whole team, as jones often runs mesmer with air/fire procs, which i refrace “Is the best kitten thing happening to this game since crate elite was on the drawing board”

Healing turret definately needs to be on 10 secs cd, and knockback from exploding turrets increased ofc…just make it 800 range kb… should be pretty balanced imo

And don’t forget to buff crate…it’s so useless almost noone is running it

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

ps. The only thing that keeps Mr smith and his buddy, the newly found mr jones from gandara wvw scene, hidden in the lairs of Vabbi, is the low cd on the engi heal skills that actually prevents him from 4 v 1’ing. Maybe it’s just rumours. I’ve talked to asdf member Henry recently, and he can confirm this is true. Buff slick shoes buff cd on heal. These are just mr smiths and jones’ cry for help for proper balance. Also double Moa skill will help them 2 v 5 the whole team, as jones often runs mesmer with air/fire procs, which i refrace “Is the best kitten thing happening to this game since crate elite was on the drawing board”

Well the problem is how do you balance for the top level (Mr Jones) and for those at not the top level (pretty much ANYBODY else tbh).

I think they need to balance for both elite play and for semi elite play and for casual play.

So they should nerf things like turrets because its too strong. But for elite play obviously turrets are less of a big deal because someone like Jones just knows how to deal with turrets.

Jones told me the secret to beating a turret engi is to have a clock in your head of when the turrets will fire and get out the way when it happens. This is obviously an insane skill level and I have never seen anyone pull it off like Jones but it is possible.

So where does this leave balance? Who knows. It is a tough job for anet to balance the game for these reasons.

I am sure you have been in games, like I have, where Jones is solo queueing vs the premade you have made and it just makes the game feel so unbalanced. Like I have been in team fights where its 5v4 and we have their whole team low, or even a couple of them in downstate and our whole team is fairly high in health. And then Jones will arrive in the middle of the fight and turn it into a 5v5 and its just so hard to deal with. He will melt a couple of players and turn the tide of the fight. It is as if he pops out of nowhere, the dude is just absurdly good. And that makes engineer feel really OP, but this is not the case. Like you said Jones can also do similar plays on his mesmer with fire/air sigil procs. Sometimes you just have to accept that a guy like Jones is going to dominate whatever the balance is like.

Regardless this thread has opened up some interesting areas for discussion. So thank you for that OP. Maybe Jones or Smith can come and give some top level feedback at some point. I know Mr Taylor, probably the best elementalist in game was hoping to provide some balance feedback in a video on youtube. But he hasn’t got round to it yet. Obviously Taylor isn’t as good as Jones, but the dude rightfully claims to be the best ele in game even though he has never really played outside of solo play (again). That famous moment when he soloed about 9 dudes in WvW though was insane. Then people said he couldn’t do it in sPvP and Taylor just went on a rampage in solo queue where he just destroyed many of the top premades with his far point assaulting strategy.

Anyway, this thread has thrown up some good discussion. keep it coming people.

TIL counting an internal timer on turret timers takes an insane skill level

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Not overpowered or broken. Its what the engineer is known for.

If you want to complain, complain about Incendiary Powder.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I agree.
IP should be removed and replaced by new Trait all together with other passive procs.

in PvP

Novuake.2691

I agree.
IP should be removed and replaced by new Trait all together with other passive procs.

Increasing the internal CD considerably and MASSIVELY decreasing the duration would be sufficient nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

They already removed so much of our traits:kit refinement, automated response and Juggernaut from beeing useful. So you can’t tell that they do not touch Engi.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I agree.

Increasing the internal CD considerably and MASSIVELY decreasing the duration would be sufficient nerf.

Passive procs are bad no matter how strong they are, since there is no counterplay for them.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Don’t need comments from people who don’t have atleast 10 000 pvp games. Thx.

Screen shot or you don’t have 10k pvp games yourself.

IF you have 10k pvp games, and still have problems with Slickshoes, you are the perfect examples that the number of played games means nothing.

In your case, I’m more than sure. Regardless of how many games you have played.

See? I can use worthless argument against strangers as well.

Leman

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Passive procs are bad no matter how strong they are, since there is no counterplay for them.

Condi clear is a thing though.

in PvP

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

Doesn’t need a change. It’s fine. It’s always been fine.

I love that I can Super Speed + Rocket Boots + Slick Shoes over a bunched up group of people and chain-knock them all down.

\o/

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

I really like where engies are at the moment.

I’ve recently palyed with 2 friends who never touched PvP and one of them came to the game after months of inactivity. We were able to cheese win our way through pretty much everything with all the CC, turrets, crates, etc. It was disgusting to say the least.

By disgusting I mean people who suck against this condi, cc and damage overload. I mean it’s not like others can’t outplay that if they’re good since the game’s balanced and engie=any other class. Yes, that’s right. Obviously.

If anything I can confirm that the healing turret has too high of a cooldown which should be lowered with a possible addition of initial condi removal, because Consume Conditions removes all condis so it’s clearly unfair for engies.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I’ve recently palyed with 2 friends who never touched PvP and one of them came to the game after months of inactivity. We were able to cheese out way through pretty much every team with all the CC, turrets, crates, etc. It was disgusting to say the least.

By disgusting I mean people who suck against this condi, cc, damage overload. I mean it’s not like others can’t outplay that if they’re good since the game’s balanced and engie=any other class.

If anything I can confirm that the healing turret has too high of a cooldown which should be lowered with a possible addition of initial condi removal, because Consume Conditions removes all condis so it’s clearly unfair for engies.

If you give engis more condition removal, then engis become even harder than they already are to counter…
Putting healing turret on shorter cooldown would also be buffing their already high level of sustain.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Novuake.2691

I’ve recently palyed with 2 friends who never touched PvP and one of them came to the game after months of inactivity. We were able to cheese out way through pretty much every team with all the CC, turrets, crates, etc. It was disgusting to say the least.

By disgusting I mean people who suck against this condi, cc, damage overload. I mean it’s not like others can’t outplay that if they’re good since the game’s balanced and engie=any other class.

If you give engis more condition removal, then engis become even harder than they already are to counter…
Putting healing turret on shorter cooldown would also be buffing their already high level of sustain.

Condi’s are an Engineers main weakness. LEAVE HEALING TURRET AS IS.

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I’ve recently palyed with 2 friends who never touched PvP and one of them came to the game after months of inactivity. We were able to cheese win our way through pretty much everything with all the CC, turrets, crates, etc. It was disgusting to say the least.

By disgusting I mean people who suck against this condi, cc and damage overload. I mean it’s not like others can’t outplay that if they’re good since the game’s balanced and engie=any other class. Yes, that’s right. Obviously.

They should just make the Drop of Healing Turret convert all Conditions into Boons, so they will finally have enough condi cleanse to survive in a 4v1

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Also…

because Consume Conditions removes all condis so it’s clearly unfair for engies.

You mean like how a thief’s superior gap closing ability is clearly unfair to mesmers. Or how a DPS guardian’s high burst and blocks/invuln is clearly unfair to thieves. Or how a d/d ele’s sustain is clearly unfair to DPS guardians. Or how a mesmer’s superior boon removal and ability to continuously kite while attacking at range is clearly unfair to d/d eles.

Or maybe it’s called a “counter” and adds a dimension of tactics to the game.

in PvP

Novuake.2691

They should just make the Drop of Healing Turret convert all Conditions into Boons, so they will finally have enough condi cleanse to survive in a 4v1

KEKEK much balance, such counter.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Jones told me the secret to beating a turret engi is to have a clock in your head of when the turrets will fire and get out the way when it happens. /

nice tip ty!

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Healing turret definately needs to be on 10 secs cd, and knockback from exploding turrets increased ofc…just make it 800 range kb… should be pretty balanced imo

And don’t forget to buff crate…it’s so useless almost noone is running it

It has long been known that healing turret is lacking. In fact engineer healing in general is lacking seriously. The cast time on healing turret should be removed. That would be my suggestion.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

I don’t really understand some of these defenses for slick shoes. You, as the attacker, have to stunbreak just to do anything against the target’s stunbreak? That makes no sense.

“Just use stability” – Besides warriors and guardians (and sometimes eles), what other class has access to stab like that?

“Just stand still” – Ok, that’s just sad. Let’s just forget that most of the time standing still doesn’t even work. Give me another stunbreak in the game, where the solution against it is to “stand still”. The second you stand still against a engi, you die. That’s what makes slick shoes so strong, it’s both defense + offense. As you are KD’d or trying to stand still, they are running away and chucking nades backwards.

We have to remember that slick shoes is just one utility in the engi’s toolkit right now. There are a lot of other things that make them overall so strong compared to other classes/builds. IP is one of them. Let’s not forget traited, gear shield is on a ridiculously low CD, thus allowing them to avoid a lot of damage. There are barely any skills in the game that are unblockable + does significant damage. Also, if anything goes wrong, just crate for the win.

I don’t want to stay that Engis are OP, I just want to say that other classes need to be brought up and rounded out to be as complete as Engis.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I don’t really understand some of these defenses for slick shoes. You, as the attacker, have to stunbreak just to do anything against the target’s stunbreak? That makes no sense.

“Just use stability” – Besides warriors and guardians (and sometimes eles), what other class has access to stab like that?

“Just stand still” – Ok, that’s just sad. Let’s just forget that most of the time standing still doesn’t even work.

The list of counters you’re not understanding is pretty lacking, that’s probably why it doesn’t make sense. I’m just gonna drop what to do on each profession when you find yourself tripping over yourself repeatedly:

The meta PvP professions that most commonly get dunked by Slick Shoes are: Slick Shoe Engineers. It’s kind of ironic. There is zero way to get out, and Gear Shield is interrupted. Your only hope is that the Engineer will walk in front of you and you can spam Overcharged Shot him and not be blinded.

Other notable mentions, Ranger, Shoutbow Warriors that choose to not counter-build for stability.

What to do: Be aware of the Engineer’s Slick Shoes cooldown. Kiting an Engineer at an unexpected time can cause him to waste the Slick Shoes chasing you, stunbreak the first knockdown if he hasn’t gotten a full ring around you and run, or if he gets you ringed, after the first knockdown stand still and counter-pressure. And:

Ele: use Lightning Flash or Armor of Earth in order to avoid get dunked,

Necro: use Flesh Wurm in order to avoid get dunked, also spectral walk/death shroud provides temporary safety to be offensive.

Mesmer: I can count the number of time I’ve seen a mesmer get dunked by Slick Shoes on maybe one or two hands. Just keep doing your thing. (Blink, Phase Retreat, Distortion.)

Thief: Shadowstep if necessary, or if available, Steal/Infiltrator’s Signet to port out. Infiltrator’s Return usually works after the first knockdown if standing still.

Engi: Get wrecked, live by the slickies, die by the slickies.

Ranger: Get wrecked, I’m sorry your profession inherently gets pooped on by Slick Shoes. This is probably the biggest injustice. Using Lightning Reflexes the second you get caught works quite often though.

Guardian: Traited Virtue of Courage, Elite, Judge’s Intervention to a nearby enemy, to avoid getting dunked.

Warrior: Bring balanced Stance when facing off against heavy CC based enemies.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: byku.3452

byku.3452

Stability OP plz nerf, my slick shoes don’t 100-0 anyone cuz stability.
Thx

Rucolan | Gimme Your Cookies

in PvP

Posted by: William C.6195

William C.6195

Can you explain to me how I can L2P myself a blink for my ranger? kthnx

Lightning Reflexes. kthnxbye

NA/EU: Auldon/Auldone
[feat]

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

“Just stand still” – Ok, that’s just sad. Let’s just forget that most of the time standing still doesn’t even work.

The list of counters you’re not understanding is pretty lacking, that’s probably why it doesn’t make sense. I’m just gonna drop what to do on each profession when you find yourself tripping over yourself repeatedly:

The meta PvP professions that most commonly get dunked by Slick Shoes are: Slick Shoe Engineers. It’s kind of ironic. There is zero way to get out, and Gear Shield is interrupted. Your only hope is that the Engineer will walk in front of you and you can spam Overcharged Shot him and not be blinded.

Other notable mentions, Ranger, Shoutbow Warriors that choose to not counter-build for stability.

What to do: Be aware of the Engineer’s Slick Shoes cooldown. Kiting an Engineer at an unexpected time can cause him to waste the Slick Shoes chasing you, stunbreak the first knockdown if he hasn’t gotten a full ring around you and run, or if he gets you ringed, after the first knockdown stand still and counter-pressure. And:

Necro: use Flesh Wurm in order to avoid get dunked, also spectral walk/death shroud provides temporary safety to be offensive.

Mesmer: I can count the number of time I’ve seen a mesmer get dunked by Slick Shoes on maybe one or two hands. Just keep doing your thing. (Blink, Phase Retreat, Distortion.)

Thief: Shadowstep if necessary, or if available, Steal/Infiltrator’s Signet to port out. Infiltrator’s Return usually works after the first knockdown if standing still.

Ranger: Get wrecked, I’m sorry your profession inherently gets pooped on by Slick Shoes. This is probably the biggest injustice. Using Lightning Reflexes the second you get caught works quite often though.

Guardian: Traited Virtue of Courage, Elite, Judge’s Intervention to a nearby enemy, to avoid getting dunked.

This is pretty similar to what Mr Jones said. Although he doesn’t get rekt by slick shoes on his engi because he has insane positioning and mechanical skills. So he is fine with that.

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Your list of counters is pretty lacking, I’m just gonna drop what to do on each profession when you find yourself tripping over yourself repeatedly:

What to do: Be aware of the Engineer’s Slick Shoes cooldown. Kiting an Engineer at an unexpected time can cause him to waste the Slick Shoes chasing you, stunbreak the first knockdown if he hasn’t gotten a full ring around you, after the first knockdown, stand still and counter-pressure. And:

First off, as a thief, I will just have to correct the steal/infiltrator’s signet advice. You can’t steal/inf sig against slick shoes because you will just get KD’d right away, guaranteed. Shadowstep works if you’re teleporting to the side/in front of them, but that’s about it.

Secondly, with all the advice (which are valid for the most part), we must acknowledge that you’re giving advice on how to not get offensively “dunked” on by a defensive stunbreak utility. As you listed, as the attacker, you have to waste a stunbreak yourself, just to force the target’s stunbreak. It’s a lose-lose situation. That in itself justifies why slick shoes should be toned down/changed.

You wouldn’t be able to offer advice on how not to get dunked on by other stunbreaks:

Thief – Shadowstep
Mesmer – Blink + Decoy
Necro – Flesh Wurm / Spectral Anything
Guardian – SYG, Judges
Ele – Armor of Earth
Warrior – Balance Stance, Endure Pain, Shake it off
Ranger – Lightning Reflexes

You wouldn’t offer advice on how not to get dunked by them, because they are basically all defensive utilities with little to no offensive capabilities. Shadowstep/Judges are the only ones you can say could offer offensive capabilities on top of being defensive.

That is what separates slick shoes from other stunbreaks. BIG offensive capabilities while being very defensive.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

(edited by Amaterasu.6280)

in PvP

Chaith.8256

First off, as a thief, I will just have to correct the steal/infiltrator’s signet advice. You can’t steal/inf sig against slick shoes because you will just get KD’d right away, guaranteed. Shadowstep works if you’re teleporting to the side/in front of them, but that’s about it.

The idea is to use Steal or Infiltrator’s Signet on something else, not the Engineer.. I thought that was very obvious. And .. why bother putting a condition on Shadowstep for it to counter Slick Shoes? It will always save you from Slick Shoes unless you goof hard.

Secondly, with all the advice (which are valid for the most part), we must acknowledge that you’re giving advice on how to not get offensively “dunked” on by a defensive stunbreak utility. As you listed, as the attacker, you have to waste a stunbreak yourself, just to force the target’s stunbreak. It’s a lose-lose situation. That in itself justifies why slick shoes should be toned down/changed.

Sorry but, this makes absolutely no sense. The Engineer profession isn’t like others in where each Utility is often single mindedly defensive. Every one of the Engineer’s abilities that Stunbreak can be used to some varying degrees, depending on how defensive it is..

Saying the fact that Slick Shoes is unherently unbalanced because it does a CC, that’s completely wrong. It can be balanced and still be worth it to stunbreak.

That is what separates slick shoes from other stunbreaks. BIG offensive capabilities while being very defensive.

And yet other Engineer stunbreaks are way better in other situations.

If you want to 1v1, Elixir Gun is going to be way more beastly than Slick Shoes.

If you want to teamfight, Elixir S is going to save you many times where Slick Shoes wouldn’t, as well as give you many opportunities to clutch stealth revive and invuln stomp. As well as pull people into their doom with an un-telegraphed skill. Do you remember the forum tears about this before Slick Shoes became meta?

Slick Shoes is meta right now because it performs good in most situations, and it’s the best customization Engineer has to be able to kill people super fast when outnumbering them. In the super aggressive Cele 3-point strat, which is meta right now, quickly busting people in outnumbered advantages is the clear winner. Don’t confuse that for Slick Shoes being an alpha stunbreak. Different meta/role, different stunbreak.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Boggs.6482

Boggs.6482

Have you tried playing engi? I used to cry about slick shoes, too, until I tried engi, learned how slick shoes works, and learned how to counter it.

in PvP

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

Can you explain to me how I can L2P myself a blink for my ranger? kthnx

Lightning Reflexes. kthnxbye

You can’t evade over the puddles, meaning that quite often you LR across a puddle and get knocked down again immediately, as in mid-animation. Not super helpful alot of the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

guardian is still going to eat the first 2 seconds of slick shoes even if we have VoC off cd (twice the cd than slick shoes btw) so I would say guardian will get completely kittened by it way more often than most classes

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

guardian is still going to eat the first 2 seconds of slick shoes even if we have VoC off cd (twice the cd than slick shoes btw) so I would say guardian will get completely kittened by it way more often than most classes

Lol this is completely wrong dude. I think you need to L2p. Mr Jones told me that he finds guardians the hardest to beat on his engineer and he should know…

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

100-0 ppl with no stun breaker.

You should really slot a stunbreaker. At least one. There are so many knockdowns and stuns in the game from all professions. Stunlock warriors, mesmers, thieves – it’s not just engineer. Slick shoes can be countered. You need positional awareness, and yes, a stunbreaker.

Aw crap, I guess I’m not qualified. Disregard, I guess.

Um you stunbreak it, and he runs back into you, you just wasted a stunbreaker and back down again.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

You should really slot a stunbreaker. At least one. There are so many knockdowns and stuns in the game from all professions. Stunlock warriors, mesmers, thieves – it’s not just engineer. Slick shoes can be countered. You need positional awareness, and yes, a stunbreaker.

Um you stunbreak it, and he runs back into you, you just wasted a stunbreaker and back down again.

Incorrect. Use a stunbreak in a better way please. Engineer is NOT OP at all. Slick shoes needs a buff if anything lol. It is a really bad skill.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Incorrect. Use a stunbreak in a better way please. Engineer is NOT OP at all. Slick shoes needs a buff if anything lol. It is a really bad skill.

Also, if the downed guy already used there knockdown or escape skill.
EASY finish.

That’s probably why they mad.
Downed guy couldn’t do jack squat to interrupt you because your teammates are aware, they pay attention. And there you are with mentality “I never do finishes, too bad if your downed and hes down, all I do is pew pew, or whatever necro autoattack is”.

Gotta be aware, people aren’t going to yell at you especially a lot of people if they know your getting thrown around, but if you have terrible awareness and don’t realize that the downed enemy used his escape/knockdown and you don’t take advantage of the scenario. YYYYUP gonna call ya a newb. I’m gonna get kittened, because like you said, multiple people yelled at you so I’m assuming teamfight.

Which I die, I respawn, the other guy dies he respawns 10 seconds or so later, YOU die because they woop your kitten next, you respawn like 20 seconds or so later.

What is that????
Out of rotation, now your team is kittened for a long time till you can make something happen and most of times, aint nothing gonna save ya. The enemy is just going to take advantage of the 3v1 3v2 4v1 4v2 of your teammates running into them or trying to decap an open node and then they see you… Yup 2v1 time on you, your teammate tries to help… Ohhhh too late, hes next. YYYYUP still outta rotation.
All those other mistakes after your initial mistake doesn’t really matter, YOU caused the out of rotation. YOUR gonna get yelled at.

in PvP

Chaith.8256

EASY finish.

Downed guy couldn’t do jack squat to interrupt you because your teammates are aware, they pay attention. And there you are with mentality “I never do finishes, too bad if your downed and hes down, all I do is pew pew, or whatever necro autoattack is”.

Gotta be aware, people aren’t going to yell at you especially a lot of people if they know your getting thrown around, but if you have terrible awareness and don’t realize that the downed enemy used his escape/knockdown and you don’t take advantage of the scenario. YYYYUP gonna call ya a newb. I’m gonna get kittened, because like you said, multiple people yelled at you so I’m assuming teamfight.

Which I die, I respawn, the other guy dies he respawns 10 seconds or so later, YOU die because they woop your kitten next, you respawn like 20 seconds or so later.

What is that????
Out of rotation, now your team is kittened for a long time till you can make something happen and most of times, aint nothing gonna save ya. The enemy is just going to take advantage of the 3v1 3v2 4v1 4v2 of your teammates running into them or trying to decap an open node and then they see you… Yup 2v1 time on you, your teammate tries to help… Ohhhh too late, hes next. YYYYUP still outta rotation.
All those other mistakes after your initial mistake doesn’t really matter, YOU caused the out of rotation. YOUR gonna get yelled at.

None of what you just said was in any way relevant to the posts you quoted. What the..

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

This is one of those times you gotta distinguish between builds and classes. Depends on your build how good slick shoes works on your guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

i remember that kitten…got 3 crates on my head on mid fml..

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

EASY finish.

What is that????

None of what you just said was in any way relevant to the posts you quoted. What the..

None of what this guy says ever has relevance to anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Five Gauge trying to defend Slick Shoes? If he was in charge of balance we’d still have thieves hitting 22k backstabs. LOL, Spectral Walk, good tip Spamgineer.

Honestly though, there is no need to defend or attack Slick Shoes. As most classes has tools against it and can be easily countered. Heck, I found the best way to stop Slick Shoes on my Elementalist is Shock Aura.

Thieves and Guardians can teleport to different targets, granted, I’ve seen plenty fail and just teleport back to me :P.

So yeah, there are ways around it, some harder than others.

Except for one.

This skill REALLY hurts Necromancers the most, just wait until Death Shroud to end and GG, easy win. Either you have Flesh Wurm up or you just eat all the damage, it’s really bullkitten.

Even if it was blockable, Necromancers still get the short end of the stick.

Nerfing this would only buff Guardians, Necromancers and Thieves the most, like I said, I don’t find engineers broken cheese like they were in the last meta.

Oh right, nerf Elementalists and Warriors, AGAIN. kthx.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Novuake.2691

The derail is REAL.

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Five Gauge trying to defend Slick Shoes? If he was in charge of balance….
Honestly though, there is no need to defend or attack Slick Shoes.

Lol, I’d commend you on seizing every opportunity to take shots, but my entire point is that 3 Engineer Stunbreaks are highly competitive, and Slickies aren’t crushing diversity. So you’re agreeing with me. If someone is giving the impression that Slick Shoes is a broken, alpha, no brainer utility, it’s gonna look like you’re defending Slick Shoes when you explain the actual decision process & trade-offs in taking it.

The EU monthly was interesting. In first round of the finals, €1,000 to the winning team, Orange Logo had Denshee on Elixir Gun Engi, and Frae on Elixir S, and 55HP Monks had Zane on Slick Shoes.

Sorry your Necro gets countered by Engineer so hard in PvP, indeed, a very tough fight for somebody with very poor management of their two stunbreaks. But that’s an issue for another player-skill-issue thread, stop derailing!

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Except for one.

This skill REALLY hurts Necromancers the most, just wait until Death Shroud to end and GG, easy win. Either you have Flesh Wurm up or you just eat all the damage, it’s really bullkitten.
AGAIN. kthx.

Reapers protection

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

not sure what you talking about, but engis have always been known as CC heavy class.

and stunbreaker doesnt get you out of the circle, either stab or blink.

in PvP

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

not sure what you talking about

how?