So about the victory...screen? Please no...

in PvP

Posted by: Lynxer.9374

Lynxer.9374

Okay, so I got in, first match since the feature pack, won by a landslide. So “super cool” I thought before suddenly being thrust onto a literal pedestal above the bodies of the losing team and all my skills replaced with dance and celebration emotes…

So…maybe an unpopular opinion…but I absolutely loathe this. GW2 as I’ve known it has always had the friendliest community of any game I’ve played, and this just reminds me of so many games I’ve just found so…well, for lack of a better word, toxic. It feels like a teabag promoted by the game, in a world where previously, the systems of the game on the whole seemed to have such a focus on creating a welcoming, earnest, constructive community.

Yes I know pvp is supposed to competitive, but I think the presentation here is potentially humiliating for the losers, and overly gratifying for players with bad attitudes. If this has to be a thing, I’d rather it be a celebration of players doing well WITHOUT making others feel awful.

But hey maybe, I’m just over-reacting, or maybe I’m following outmoded ideas about the game. Any thoughts anyone?

PS: No Git Gud’s here please :P

in PvP

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I can partially agree. I would like it better if they were doing like somekind of victory pose or a /flex or something.

But I can live with it. It’s nowhere near as insulting as certain servers emote spamming when they’ve steamrolled you 20 to 1.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

GW2 pvp community has never been friendly.

in PvP

Posted by: Lynxer.9374

Lynxer.9374

Wow, kuya, I’m…sorry to hear you feel that way…I don’t agree, but I am a generalist as opposed to say a pure pvper, still I’ve made quite a few friends through pvp, and helped and been helped a lot with buildcraft and the like by even players who have beaten me in the past. So I can’t throw in that towel just yet.

And to both the above, just because something is better than one thing, doesn’t make it good. The fact that my mothers mutant meatloaf is better than eating garbage doesn’t make it a T-Bone steak. Just a thought…an awkward one, but yeah.

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I suppose if you are sensitive enough you can take offense in this. But its nothing offensive really. Idk if it bothers ppl so much maybe they could have just the winners go there but that honestly would remove so much flavour. Its more comical than anything.

Also git gud

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Havent been to PvP since update…is this adding more toxicity to PvP.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

zealex.9410

If it adds i will honestly laugh more than anything. This is right at the end when everyone leaves and you get the points for the track so who cares?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

What it should do is display the winning team with standard models view removed…as we all know fashion wars >> pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I don’t like it either. Still it reflects the general attitude that has been promoted in PvP. The funny thing is when the same people turn around and complain about a “toxic” environment.

I think it’s clear that anet condones and encourages the environment as it is.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Kaburro.4712

Kaburro.4712

Yes, ty! Was talking about that with a friend of mine yesterday.
What nice way to bring more rage to a game filled with rage

First match I did after update I killed a thief, the guy sent me a whisper saying “noob” (business as usual).
He kinda loved me and spent whole match running after me, every time he killed he laughed. I don’t get stressed with that kind of thing.
But for whatever reason we lost and for my surprise I found myself laying kinda dead on the floor with that thief dancing in a pole.
That’s not the way to go anet. And trust me, I lost every match I did after that. Just because It seemed like a good idea

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I agree. Tbh I thought the corpse below the pedestal was an unintended glitch that Anet just ran with.

Have more stats, almost like a probable Reason why the other team may have lost. Similar stats as the players on the pedestal.

And – or

Put stomp outs over the corpse so it’s not all too embarrassing to be laying on the ground but rather there’s at least some additional visual appeal on the bodies (with the other team’s stats).

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: StabbyCakes.8736

StabbyCakes.8736

I personally love it, minus the part where the losers are dead.

Here’s an idea. Take the exact same room and place a second one behind it. Teams can see the backs of the other team.
Victors still get their emotes, and throw generic emotes on the loser’s side— angry, sad, sit, sleep. Loser pedestals should still have the same cool MVP ordering and badge display, but perhaps they have different pedestals. Tree stumps with training dummies?

Also, please allow at least a modicum of camera panning.

This is a really cool feature you’ve added, but perhaps a little more “back to training,” and less “death pit” might be more encouraging for the carebears.

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I don’t know, pvp is supposed to be a competitive environment, so some gloating is good,
the difference is how toxic people behave during. Maybe they shouldn’t have the downed team on the ground, but just the pedestals, you know.

Or like all 10 players standing there mixed, while 5 of them do the /cheer emote, while the others do /crossarms, /facepalm, /cry

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I don’t know, pvp is supposed to be a competitive environment, so some gloating is good,
the difference is how toxic people behave during. Maybe they shouldn’t have the downed team on the ground, but just the pedestals, you know.

Or like all 10 players standing there mixed, while 5 of them do the /cheer emote, while the others do /crossarms, /facepalm, /cry

I’d go with a similar suggestion, but I’d much rather have the losing team /cheer for the winning team. That’s just good sportsmanship imo. How it is now is just a bit distasteful for a game mode that is competitive, but all inclusive.

Kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

A new feature … for me just another reason not to PVP
But who cares?

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

in PvP

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

I honestly don’t see why people care so much about this. I will agree that it is pointless, but I don’t understand the idea that it would actually make people mad or upset. Even when I am frustrated after a loss, I can see the other team dancing around and it does not bother me in the slightest. Also there is a large scoreboard that really just blocks the screen…and you can leave the match. Why is this upsetting people?

in PvP

zealex.9410

why not having 2 rows of pedestals the ones for the winning team higher and a second lower row for the losing team with cry animations and such. And ofc show if anyone from the defeated team had top stats.

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

The cringe is real when everyone starts dancing after the match

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Wouldn’t it be better to make two sides of pedestals, left and right, so that they would fit the sides of team’s respawn points?
I’ll tell ya what I think about it. I like to boast sometimes, I more or less enjoy to smash scrubs, but what we have now has a dangerous potential of making things worse across the community. It is a good idea, but it is not it yet. Unless Anet wanted to show how MMR makes blowouts as the losing team is so wrecked they all lie down, after being tremendously overpowered by the winners, then I think they hit a spot on. But the real thing behind all this is that the feel between two competing teams should not be restricted only to winners and losers. It should be about respect of those that we tested our skills with. Both teams participated, but there could be only one. However, the losing team should not be humiliated, but let them stand tall as worthy opponents. Thus, as stated above, I think it would be best if there were pedestals for both teams, to let them boast in their own way. The only difference should be a tag saying "victory" over the team that won, that’s all.

I experienced both sides as a winner and a loser, I didn’t like either. When I won, it was a close call, and it seemed like the opposing team was mercilessly dealt with and it made me feel bizzarely sad as I gazed upon their dead characters, like they were discarded like some unworthy bunch of scrubs (which they were not). The same was when I lost, I didn’t even want to look at the winning team as the loss left such a bitter taste after a lost match of 500 to 40 that I think they didn’t even deserve to boast. What victory it is against a bunch of new players who want to improve? It’s like playing chess with a child that doesn’t know the rules.

P.S.
If it comes to two sets of pedestals, the characters present could face each other’s opponents for some extra heroic factor.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Actually I like it and your opposition should be forced to sit there for at least 30 seconds and watch the silliness. This game has never been competitive enough and frankly has bent over backwards for the least competitive players.

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Let’s be honest. Nobody actually looks at it. We look at the stats then exit asap to pop another queue. This is a non issue.

in PvP

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

same here too when this came out . i fully stopped pvp and will not do it ever again . until this is fully removed or the game itself is dead now at best only thing left in this game is pve at best

no new system upgrades coming

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Maybe pvp rewards for different dances/taunts to use!

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

The toxicity in pvp doesn’t come from the other team. So the ending screen doesn’t matter. The toxicity comes from within your own team throughout the match. There’s so much harassment goes on in team chat during the match and at the end, the other team usually just check their stats and go.

in PvP

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Personally, I would have gone with filling the sky with red or blue fireworks to match the winning team. What they gave us is just … well, it’s tasteless.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

I’m missing the options to spit on their corpses or urinating into their skulls while looting them.
There is much space to improve, Anet.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkine.8142

Valkine.8142

Pretty much in agreeance with you there. I, like many others, can get pretty competitive in PvP matches. I was, for lack of a better word, disgusted by the implementation of this ‘victory screen’. Especially since the match was won by only a few points. All I can say is, I hope that they remove it, and I hope they do it QUICK. I have only played one game since it was put into place, but I can already see myself getting frustrated if I have to see it more than three times in a row, on the losing side. And potentially frustrated on the winning side.

in PvP

Kerivek.5740

Let’s be honest. Nobody actually looks at it. We look at the stats then exit asap to pop another queue. This is a non issue.

This is why I don’t understand all the uproar. You don’t even need to see it and you can leave when you want. If your feelings are hurt by dancing characters in the background then there are probably some deep-seated issues you should be worrying about instead.

in PvP

Posted by: Alek Seven.2374

Alek Seven.2374

Suggestion : why not making like super smash bros and making the losing team cheering / gratzing (I invented this word) the winning team ?

in PvP

Posted by: Adolfas.2180

Adolfas.2180

yall sensible kitten e s welcome to pvp, its a war kids, theres no time for your tears yo. only the best survive. hehe

Zan

in PvP

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

I don’t know what game you’ve been playing for the last 5 years, but the PvP community in GW2 is toxic. Not as toxic as other dedicated PvP game, but there’s enough toxicity in GW2 PvP already.

in PvP

Posted by: Bergamont.2497

Bergamont.2497

This pedestal thing with dead enemies on the ground after a game is unnecessary.

Adding insult to injury if anything.

What team of people approved this? It was fine before, match overview popup then back to hotm

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

PvP is about competition and feeling like you did better than another team. I’m sorry that some of you are so sensitive that you get injured over a few people dancing on a pedestal but come on now. Most people leave the match nearly instantly anyway, just as it’s always been and there’s nothing stopping you from doing the same. It’s a fun little addition to emote and dance or set off fireworks sometimes if you win.

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

PvP is about competition and feeling like you did better than another team. I’m sorry that some of you are so sensitive that you get injured over a few people dancing on a pedestal but come on now. Most people leave the match nearly instantly anyway, just as it’s always been and there’s nothing stopping you from doing the same. It’s a fun little addition to emote and dance or set off fireworks sometimes if you win.

The entire change is about promoting BM. I used to enjoy close matches like 500-490 even when the enemy won, but now they dance on your corpses spamming GGEZ and you can’t even finish that last fight as “what could’ve been”, no, drop everything and watch others BM you because of that 10 points.

PvP is about competition, yes, but it could be a healthy competition too not this toxic kitten. Worst part is, dev time went into making this.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well just remove the loosing team lying on the floor ….

in PvP

Posted by: Bergamont.2497

Bergamont.2497

It’s not really encouraging new ppl to keep pvping when we’re standing over their bodies and my idiotic teammates are saying things like “ez win” “l2p” etc.

But k if the community wants me to prance around on their dead bodies every match to further assert my dominance – I can do that to. /sarcasm

For me winning at this point isn’t about feeling better than others – it’s about farming champion brawler and minimizing match time. Every game is just another notch on the belt. People already know if they won/loss, no need to rub it in.

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

A lot of your acting like you’re forced to stare at that screen until the enemy teams decides you can leave, literally nothing has changed with how you could leave before. Just leave if it bothers you so much, don’t cry about it and try to take away something fun and silly for others to do once in awhile.

As I said before, most people, even winners tend to leave a match asap… just like it’s always been. Once the novelty wears off it will be exactly as it was before.

in PvP

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

I personally don’t find it fun to watch or participate in – the enemy team quits asap, destroying any bragging rights a silly little dance might bring. Now, you might think people do that anyway – but some people, I found, stuck around after the conquest was over to continue their duels to the death. This felt somewhat respectful, and was a somewhat fun way to end the match on good terms.

The current screen, as it is, just feels a giant middle finger at the losing team no matter how well they perform. It’s unfair, unsportsmanlike, and frankly unfun.

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

A lot of your acting like you’re forced to stare at that screen until the enemy teams decides you can leave, literally nothing has changed with how you could leave before. Just leave if it bothers you so much, don’t cry about it and try to take away something fun and silly for others to do once in awhile.

As I said before, most people, even winners tend to leave a match asap… just like it’s always been. Once the novelty wears off it will be exactly as it was before.

This, so much this JFC. Anet didn’t force you to withstand this, you can lit. leave the match half a second after that screen popped up. You don’t even have to look at it. And hell, the stat board hides 90% of the screen. If half of the people whining over this actually developed a skin instead of crying over pointless stuff like this, then maybe we could adress real toxicity issues….

in PvP

Posted by: Tick.1605

Tick.1605

this definatly adds some more salt to the game for sure lol… but if your not a salty player its just funny haha

Lil Ticklers Necro PvP Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBoe48h7tEhzal3sPEepIIg

in PvP

Posted by: Lonestar.2317

Lonestar.2317

i completely agree with OP, parading and celebrating on top of your dead opponents is definitely not the direction Anet wants to go with moving forward. Thank you OP for pointing this out. Anet please do not encourage this kind of behavior.

in PvP

shagwell.1349

Adding salt to a dead gamemode is exactly what is needed to get more people playing. Next step should be to promote foul language and give additional pips for afk at spawn.

in PvP

Posted by: Super Hayes.6890

Super Hayes.6890

Having played the game since launch and only recently tried pvp (as in a week ago), I got torn to pieces by far more experienced players. The victory screen didn’t bother me in the least, and I was a corpse on the floor 90% of the time. Made me chuckle actually. Those opposed, lighten up and you’ll have more fun. Those for, don’t get arrogant. After almost 30 matches with only 5 victories I am having a blast. Wish the randomly grouped teams would chat more in the matches but aside from that I wish I tried this game mode sooner!

in PvP

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The only complaint I would have is that I wasn’t dead when we lost. Why am I dead in front of the pedestals. For the most part, I usually leave the as soon as the match ends so I don’t see the screen (win or lose).

SBI

in PvP

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

like in real life, 99% dont care and 1% will cry and they will change it.
gratz

in PvP

shagwell.1349

The 99% majority of active pvp’ers left is writing on this forums on a daily basis.

in PvP

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I like it better than continuing to be attacked by some player after the game is over because they were salty they lost the game.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

I agree the pile of corpses is in poor taste and unsportsmanlike.

It’s a good thing we don’t do this at the Olympics.

in PvP

Kerivek.5740

I disagree. I think the winners of the Olympics should be able to behead their competition and drink their blood on the podium.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

That is the right answer. They should make PvP like a sport, not a toxic.
But I have said a lot of times, Their designer always miss the psychological effect / feeling when they are design and make a decision, they doesn’t design as a player, thinking as a player. This is the main reason for their failure.