Spirit Watch not Esports?

in PvP

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

Why is Spirit Watch not a serious map? I’ve always wondered this. And what can be done to make it part of the ranked rotation? I mean it’s not Skyhammer.

I like the map, but it’s sad to see it not part of the big boys club.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Because certain classes and runes allow you to basically cheat on this map. Runes of the Traveler, Super Speed, Guardian Focus 5 and Arcane Shield are all super unfair. With Rocket Boots + Super speed I can run the orb in less than 20s.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

FGS also lets you dash and spin while holding the orb which is very very fast.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Right, so because some classes are better at running Orbs, it’s not fair. Hmm, just like some classes are better bunkers, 1v1 extraordinaires, can fight on nodes easily, give tons of party-wide buffs, have an AI army, etc.

Sounds like a double standard.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I doubt it would have anything to do with esports while it would be perma thief shadow stepping and mesmer teleporting.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Spirit Watch originally was on the tournament rotation for ranked but it was removed due to how imbalanced orb running ended up being perceived as.

A good way to possibly bring this map into the rotation would be to turn the orb into a bundle which replaces your weapon abilities and utilities with some presets (similar to what picking up a banner does). Also if it would normalize stats maybe at 2.5k defense and 20k health so that your team had to make a coordinated effort to help you along the way to capping the orb.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

if a map mechanic is worth changing your entire build around then it shouldnt be in competitive play

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think part of the reason why is because on Spirit Watch, it’s not too difficult to win without even capturing a point. That’s the reason I think it got removed from tournament rotations.

I could be mistaken, of course.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

A good way to possibly bring this map into the rotation would be to turn the orb into a bundle which replaces your weapon abilities and utilities with some presets (similar to what picking up a banner does). Also .

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Can-we-take-anything-from-SWTOR/first#post3570176

Thought about that last year. Still don’t know what feedback I made on gamemodes has been/will be used though….

If you go further down the post I suggested using an anti-grav jump mechanic within the catch area to determine who wins the catch. Still think that would work well in gw2.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

I doubt it would have anything to do with esports while it would be perma thief shadow stepping and mesmer teleporting.

You can’t do any of that with orb in hand. Any teleport drops the orb, shadow step, blink etc.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Spirit watch is a fine map, some methods of running or interrupting the orb are annoying though.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]