Spvp 8v8 is a glorified farm.

in PvP

Posted by: Science.4207

Science.4207

People appear to be spamming certain professions not because they like the class, not because they find it challenging, but merely because it’s free glory that’s incredibly easy to farm.

I cannot count how many games have had a majority of the classes be either thieves or mesmers. It has reduced the entire game down to spamming keys for free wins. There is zero skill involved and most of the people doing it only have a thief to farm glory.

In just 4 games I count: 18 thieves, 11 mesmers, 6 necromancers, 5 warriors, 5 rangers, 4 guardians, 3 elementalists, 4 counting myself, and I appear to be the only person playing engineer in these shots.

I only have a small dataset at the moment. I know Arenanet has the statistics for what professions are doing what. I hope they will release those data that show what professions are being overplayed in Spvp and act on them quickly.

I really do not believe that 8v8 was deliberately intended to be farmed by a handful of professions.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ergo Proxy.6219

Ergo Proxy.6219

According to that final score panel are you saying people are making necromancers so that they can farm easy points?

Also its amusing that despite all the cries people have of “not being able to play with their friends” that final score card is another clear example of people doing just that. lol

in PvP

Posted by: Science.4207

Science.4207

5-6 seems to be the average, with weaker profs showing up less, and stronger profs showing up much more.

18 and 11 is the problem. not 6.

in PvP

Posted by: azera.2890

azera.2890

I lol’d at “lilkitten”.

in PvP

Posted by: Zetta.5102

Zetta.5102

There is absolutely no reason sPvP should be 8v8 while tourney PvP is 5v5. 8v8 throws off class balance, makes the game take far less thought and much more grouping up, and worst of all doesn’t let players properly prepare and practice for tPvP.

Class balance is off at the moment, and I don’t know many people that would argue with that fact, but the fact that we have 8v8 rather than 5v5 amplifies the imbalance.

in PvP

Posted by: Vlaid.5790

Vlaid.5790

This is what happens when it takes so little work to have a character fully kitted out for PVP. People will just play whatever class is easiest to farm glory on and faceroll people with.

I’m more than slightly tired of the mountains of thieves and mesmers. Maybe there needs to be a hardcap on the numbers of each class allowed in each game. If you play the FOTM, it might result in a harder time getting in a game.

in PvP

Posted by: Infidel.8412

Infidel.8412

Maybe there needs to be a hardcap on the numbers of each class allowed in each game. If you play the FOTM, it might result in a harder time getting in a game.

Just no. Why would you even think this was a good idea?
Does no one think of the consequences before they shout out ideas?

in PvP

Posted by: Demonic Toys.7248

Demonic Toys.7248

So I really enjoyed those pics you linked. You were one of the worst players in each of your games, rarely taking points, defending, killing etc. Try being useful to your team first, learning your class, then start with the nerf posts. Engi is one of the best classes in the game right now. This post cracks me up, I hope the devs read this stuff and chuckle.

in PvP

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

talking about statistics, I’d like to see a statistic which profession sparring NPC in the mists has the most player kills (my bet is on the Thief of course :p)

in PvP

Posted by: SkaroKhan.9187

SkaroKhan.9187

talking about statistics, I’d like to see a statistic which profession sparring NPC in the mists has the most player kills (my bet is on the Thief of course :p)

I have over 30 deaths to the Warrior because my friend kept pulling him onto me when I went AFK. : (

in PvP

Posted by: Trismegistos.3046

Trismegistos.3046

" Also its amusing that despite all the cries people have of “not being able to play with their friends” that final score card is another clear example of people doing just that. lol "

no, it shows exactly the opposite. if u didnt notice, one of the “friends” ended up on the opposing team. QQ :<

in PvP

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

So I really enjoyed those pics you linked. You were one of the worst players in each of your games, rarely taking points, defending, killing etc. Try being useful to your team first, learning your class, then start with the nerf posts. Engi is one of the best classes in the game right now. This post cracks me up, I hope the devs read this stuff and chuckle.

you know, i saw that. i was going to say i think this thread should be more about offering advice on how to pvp, rather than complain about the classes. i’ve seen quite a few engineers around, actually.

they’re reminding me of shammies in wow, always dumping a garden of turrets in, like, an eyeblink.

in PvP

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

" Also its amusing that despite all the cries people have of “not being able to play with their friends” that final score card is another clear example of people doing just that. lol "

no, it shows exactly the opposite. if u didnt notice, one of the “friends” ended up on the opposing team. QQ :<

my wife and i are loving spvp.

funny thing is, at one stage the other night, i was getting hammered by two of the opposing side, and i scream out “kitten guardians!” and she’s like “kitten necros!”

and i’m like, what’s wrong with necros? i’m a necro.

and she’s like, pfft. you said that about guardians.

and i said, yeah, well this one’s a pain.

and she’s like, “hey! that’s me!”

i hadn’t noticed she’d got switched.

guess you had to be there.

in PvP

Posted by: Shalashaska.4803

Shalashaska.4803

The funny thing is the classes people think are op really arent. People just dont know how to play and ANY class can spam certain skills and be labled OP against newbies.

I love how people think pistol whip is OP when it does about the same damage as the auto-attack chain. Only reason its op is because it has a 1/2 second stun that noobs dont know how to counter and get chain stunned over and over again. Why don’t they dodge out? Why don’t the step away from the pistol whip? They sit there and think they can attack again but get stunned and attacked over and over until they are dead.