Stop expecting to be carried solo

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Stop playing these semi-obsolete support tank builds in yolo queue and expecting the damage dealers to carry you. What happens is the other team just ignores you and you do not have the support capabilities anymore (because most of this stuff has been nerfed hard) to stop them from training the poor dps toons on your teams. Its the worst experience possible especially when you have 2 or 3 people specced this way on your team and your one of the damage dealers. You cant really have more then one supportish type toon any more. Bunkers wars is over. Look at who is on your team and change at the start if needed. Im sick of multiple eles or ele druid or two eles and a druid or all the crap I see all the time in unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

dont tell me what to play

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Stop assuming you know better than others. Support builds aren’t meta for solo queue because nowadays players can bring sustain and good damage. But assuming damage focused builds or support builds don’t work is ludicrous. You are not expecting the damage dealers to carry, they are expected to execute their builds and you are expected to execute yours. Also, support builds do great when not focused, they can then focus on support. I play a support build using menders on engie, and it’s fun and effective at what it does. There are more than damage amulets, and you need to take some time to figure out why before you come here to tell everyone how to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Yea people will play what they like.
It’s the matchmaking that need to be fixed.
I said it before both teams should have 1 support 4 dps or 1 support 1 bunkerish damage avoiding skill class and 3 squishy dps.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Stop playing these semi-obsolete support tank builds in yolo queue and expecting the damage dealers to carry you. What happens is the other team just ignores you and you do not have the support capabilities anymore (because most of this stuff has been nerfed hard) to stop them from training the poor dps toons on your teams. Its the worst experience possible especially when you have 2 or 3 people specced this way on your team and your one of the damage dealers. You cant really have more then one supportish type toon any more. Bunkers wars is over. Look at who is on your team and change at the start if needed. Im sick of multiple eles or ele druid or two eles and a druid or all the crap I see all the time in unranked.

Hmm Bunker wars are over? In current meta everything besides thief and necro can tank if used right…or you talking about different game…

Oh ele and druid kinda carries in matches against DH and… you know those conditions won’t disappear easy on rev without ele around.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Usually my games are won because my team has a support… When it’s just DPS toons I watch people get their spikes but at the cost of never holding a point and running around in a pack of 3-4 as to not get spiked by a Juvenile Bristleback.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: nateW.9264

nateW.9264

Playing necro I always kind of cringe if I dont have a support on my team. maybe thats just me though.

in PvP

Posted by: triggerhappy.3871

triggerhappy.3871

Usually, we lose because someone dies so quickly and makes us outnumbered.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Playing necro I always kind of cringe if I dont have a support on my team. maybe thats just me though.

If your pug team don’t play as a team don’t move together you are totally useless there with necro as you just will be the food of the enemy + your survivability don’t scale well enough other than some 1v1 up to which class/classes jump on you. Which means if your team don’t have teamplay or never support/help. You can’t do kitten on those matches just suffer the necro issues because of non teamplayer pugs and bad survivability scale + enemy use all focus necro tactic.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

If your pug team don’t play as a team don’t move together you are totally useless there with necro as you just will be the food of the enemy + your survivability don’t scale well enough other than some 1v1 up to which class/classes jump on you. Which means if your team don’t have teamplay or never support/help. You can’t do kitten on those matches just suffer the necro issues because of non teamplayer pugs and bad survivability scale + enemy use all focus necro tactikitten

erally the first thing i tell my team “kill the other necro while i attempt to survive and kite as long as i possibly can” now it seems you are much better off going for the kills and losing the point temporarily.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I would much rather be paired with an inexperienced player in a bunkerish support class than one in a glass class. The latter will lead to sudden death.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

Played a match recently with 2 staff shout guards. Other team had 2 necros, condi war, and condi mesmer. Easy win for us as we split the supports between home and mid, and the dps took out the trash.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Played a match recently with 2 staff shout guards. Other team had 2 necros, condi war, and condi mesmer. Easy win for us as we split the supports between home and mid, and the dps took out the trash.

Double Shout Guards with Trooper Runes shut down heavy condi teams :P, I know I ran shout guard around S3 when Mercs Amulet was still around, easily relieve pressure in teamfights.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast