Stronghold

Stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I returned for a month ago or so and I noticed I never get stronghold anymore, did they remove it completely? I kinda miss that gamemode, was a nice change of phase from the conquest.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: Alek Seven.2374

Alek Seven.2374

They removed it from Ranked, its still in Unranked though. Sad, at least it was different than point vs point.

Stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

They removed it from Ranked, its still in Unranked though. Sad, at least it was different than point vs point.

People are unable to adapt to changes in MMOS

remember the new wvw maps ? ALL that work out of the window because people were unable to adapt…. i agree that it was a Maze… but seriously….

same with every single new spvp game mode…. then they cry that there is only point v point….

Majority of people cant adapt to new game modes and mechanics for some stupid reason…

and i see this in Majority of MMOs and MOSTLY the pvp players are like this…. these are the type of people that hold back games from going forward in many aspects….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

Stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Majority of people cant adapt to new game modes and mechanics for some stupid reason…

The problem with Stronghold was that players did adapt. And when the optimal strategy involved Chronos, Eles and usually a Scrapper as well keeping the Door Breakers alive and stealthed no matter how much damage you threw at them it quickly devolved into both teams doing exactly that. And entire matches went by with neither team even attacking the other, just trying to be the first to down the Lord and finish the match.

I liked the concept of Stronghold, but it was far too unpolished.

Stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

now COURTYARD, there was a prime map. No points, no NPC’s, no real mechanic just a free for all…a true PvP map.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

Nothing to say SAD imho. Very good that they removed this stupid Stronghold from ranked.

It is boring gameplay with too many NPCs now.
Something like GvG parody from GW1.
- Stupid gates that can be broken by NPCs only,
- Gathering materials to make NPCs
- Too weak NPCs
All definitely wrong design decisions.

just protecting NPC must be much stronger like in GW1
basicaly no need to invent anything, just copy past GvG from gw1,
make it 8v8 and make leaderboard for guilds.
That’s it.

Stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Anet has failed at pvp completely by pushing a map based on speed and dancing in circles with no competitive nature needed. Just zerg mid while 1 teef runs around.

Stronghold had a better chance at being a esl kind of pvp but any just fell asleep on it and forced unenjoyable conq maps on us.

In reality if anet wanted to actually make pvp competitive they would have to remove all conq maps from ranked or rework them and just run TDM on ranked play.

TDM is the only legit pvp you can have. Look at gw1. PvP never was a issue.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

remember the new wvw maps ? ALL that work out of the window because people were unable to adapt…. i agree that it was a Maze… but seriously….

same with every single new spvp game mode…. then they cry that there is only point v point….

Stronghold isn’t the MOBA it could have been. Instead, is a PvE mode in the PvP arena, so got ditched by the audience.

And the Desert Borderline was a failure due the way it was designed: x3 the size of the Alpine Borderland with the same amount of respawn points. So when you capture a tower you can use it to pressure other ones or the garrison, no sinergies… And tons and tons of walking in empty spaces doing nothing.

Players adapted: they searched for fun or rewards and found neither one or another in those maps, so they leaved tem to die. Smart guys.

Stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

didnt c the replies till now. Sad to see them give up on the mode, we could use more than just conquest, but i guess the players has to “love” it for it to be a thing

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

The problem with Stronghold was that players did adapt. And when the optimal strategy involved Chronos, Eles and usually a Scrapper as well keeping the Door Breakers alive and stealthed no matter how much damage you threw at them it quickly devolved into both teams doing exactly that. And entire matches went by with neither team even attacking the other, just trying to be the first to down the Lord and finish the match.

I liked the concept of Stronghold, but it was far too unpolished.

And then all of that was nerfed. Chrono bunker is now useless at keeping door breakers alive, healer tempest is much easier to kill now and can be focused down so it can’t heal the door breakers, stealth gyro from engi can be killed quickly destroying the stealth option. But people have already passed judgement and are unwilling to try it again.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA