Suggestion: rank characterbound

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

Instead of binding the rank on your account and farming years to 80, why not setting it character related, so every character have to rank up to 80 but in a faster way (like in PvE).

If it is just about finishers and skins, I dont see any problem with this.

What do you think about it?

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I often delete\make new pvp chars except for 2…so i would lose my rank just because mez is out of meta and i don’t need 3 mesmers with 3 different specs (Gratz anet on not giving us templates like gw1 btw) so i have to delete 2 in order to try something else? I don’t think so…

in PvP

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

I often delete\make new pvp chars except for 2…so i would lose my rank just because mez is out of meta and i don’t need 3 mesmers with 3 different specs (Gratz anet on not giving us templates like gw1 btw) so i have to delete 2 in order to try something else? I don’t think so…

Sounds more like it’s YOUR problem.
I agree it’s annoying to change builds and not being able to save them, but to dedicate character slots to avoid doing that is beyond lazy.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I agree it’s annoying to change builds and not being able to save them, but to dedicate character slots to avoid doing that is beyond lazy.

it’s actually the fastest way to change spec and if you want to use the best one after looking at other team it’s the only way to do it (Not mentioning when your class is just kittend out of meta after some brilliant patch)…or am i supposed to change my traits, runes, weapons and sigils in hom and then get back in 1 minute? Or you have an inventory with every rune\sigil\weapon and you refill them after switching build? I don’t think you even know what i’m talking about, you know, i’m not talking about hotzerg (You don’t need to change kitten to go hotzerg, maybe 1 utility and just roflstomp bads around np)…so well..nvm..

Tl;dr char bound rank is bs

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

It sounds like its YOUR PROBLEM because there is more people that delete chars than people who stick with one period bye

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

No just please no
Do not want.
I like how gw2 has account oriented features for ultimately what is cosmetic, Also they’d have to revamp the whole pvp locker/salvaging/etc lots of work for a bad change.
no thank you.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Hmm i agree with the OP in a way. At this moment it doesnt matter that much since the pvp community is relatively small so teams tend to be all over the place in skilllevel.

But if there was proper differentiation between MMR, it would be kinda silly to play vs the same players on my main as i play on a class that i never played before.

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Nope, terrible idea.

They are fixing the rewards while keeping the game alt-friendly anyway, so don’t stress.

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Never… I play on 4-5 characters in PvP, that means I should be like r20-30 on all of them instead of 49?

That’s what Champion titles are for. They just need to expand on them.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Nope. No thanks. Would much prefer it stays as is.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|