Suggestions for e-sports

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

Posted by: gacob.1759

gacob.1759

Hey!
I want here collect the best suggestions for e-sports of this game. I don’t want “fix X class” or something like that, I want with this thread suggestions out-game.
My suggestions:

1. On the day of the Pro League, NEVER give to the player the buff for more experience in pvp, rewards.. because the player prefer play pvp than see the stream. You can give it the day before, so, the player can remember when is the “pro league day”.
2. Less time between games, it’s bored. Put music when the count is running is a good option. Try talk about builds, rotations, polls about what team will win..
3. This is expansive but if you can, try put the stream on the title page because the game has a very low viewers for appear in the game list.
4. Try the use of hashtag for that more people meet the game.
5. The game need more viewers in twitch for that more people can know that the game exist yet. How you can do this? Try put “community streams” or something like that in-game(as a menu) and in the website for attract viewers of the game.

By now, this. This is mine but I hope your own suggestions!

Gacob – Main necromancer.
First Season PvP – Diamond II.
Second Season PvP – Diamond by now.

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Why not just create a whole new game entirely for the purpose of e-sports? Now what are the best e-sport genres? 1.Fighting games. 2.MOBAs. 3.Shooters. Can elements of all three be combined? Yes. Some champions could play like 3D fighters while others could be kinda a hybrid between one and a shooter (usually third person unless the player uses first person for tactical purposes) like both are playing different games yet have the same goals for their respective sides. Then you could have a 2D fighting mode where you press a certain button while targeting someone (each person has one dueling token per match) and you’re both transported to a different mode where the loser has a much longer respawning time. From a viewer point of view they can either watch a duel (2D fighting game mode between someone who used a token) or the overhead battle. Both players start a duel at full health and each champion has a set moveset and stats for that mode while the main mode (MOBA with 3D fighter and some simplified MOBA mechanics) has typical levels and upgrading. You could combo and have an important okizeme game. In fact many champions would be very strong in this area at the expense of others. It’s still mostly about player skill as always but some champions would have more options for knocked down opponents on their wakeup game while other champions would have a strong wakeup game at a slight cost of their neutral game. All this together sounds quite fun especially for 5v5.

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

gacob.1759

As I told, this is out-game. For talk about the game you have other threads in the forum. Thanks you.

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

esport doesnt exist for this game,
stop trying too hard, all anet is trying to do is giving you the illusion of esport

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

Posted by: Eremes Guile.1480

Eremes Guile.1480

Esport? They cant even balance pvp

Hottest Thief [Ever]

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

What kind of esport gw2 is? Esport for retirees? Spam aoe all over the place in a visual clutter where you cant even see your own character let alone enemy animations.. lol

Dreams of espurtz are getting bored. Mario has higher chance to become esport game than this piece of garbage with fail balance, fail matchmaking, fail spctrator camera, fail visual clutter and most important fail grind based “leagues” for 2 coppers. They should delete them already bc its pure joke, nothing else.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Making the game fun should be priority number 1. When asking the pro players for feedback on the game, some say that they keep playing because they are paid to do so. The “I don’t complain because I am paid”, logic.

To make the game fun, I’ll start explaining why I stopped playing. There is a very poor build and playstyle diversity. The game does not attract me anymore on that prospect. Balance should not be at fixed date, it encourages players only to bandwagon on the most recent broken build with the security of it being untouched for 3 months. This is not the case in League of Legend where loyal players to their champion pool are rewarded with actual balance patches shaving the stuff the meta fanatics follow.

Alerie Despins

(edited by Alekt.5803)

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

In the moba games there are many team varieties that can win, in gw 2 only certain class mixes will win.

And the fact their system I aimed at pushing a certain group up the ladder quicker over others.

Ranked should be fair for everyone, not the 5% of good people have easy matches and those at the bottom have the most difficult.

Their attempts at esports will fail, they will not have a wvw community to fall back on because hey have neglected it for too long and their pve crowd is stuck with 4 meta grinds and if you are good raids as well.

Fractals now have too many noobs trying to get carried through high levels. They need to stop with the esports and get to making up for the HoT flop

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

gw2 will never become an esport with the lack of responsiveness of arenanet. they balance the wrong stuff, they often don’t address major problems or when it’s already too late and there isn’t even a build saving option in this game even though pvp players have been asking for it since release… all they’re doing is wasting money… look how many players still care about the “pro scene” and look how many left to play better games.
gw2 doesn’t even have team sponsors.. that’s how much the esports scene cares about guild wars.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

gw2 doesn’t even have team sponsors.. that’s how much the esports scene cares about guild wars.

I bet you thought The Abjured renamed themselves to Astral Authority for fun, huh?

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

the only good suggestion for esports is banning esports alltogether

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

the only good suggestion for esports is banning esports alltogether

Sad but true. The money they pour into espurtz can be used to better the game and bring in more players.

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

Suggestions for e-sports

in PvP

gacob.1759

Well, here I can see many things: people that hate the pvp of this game because lose many games, people that hate the pvp of this game because the meta(remember that the game has few classes)..
I want that you do a points for upgrade the e-sports of this game. For the people that said that this game has not e-sports(or something like that), I informed you that this game has the same viewers in Pro League than Rainbow six siege pro league.