Team Curse Tournament + Lowell! (video)

in PvP

Posted by: Maze.5283

Maze.5283

in PvP

Posted by: Atlas.6901

Atlas.6901

I am writing to compliment you for playing with your combat log open while you record. Surprisingly few players do that — kudos.

in PvP

Maze.5283

Thanks Kudos!

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Lowell, “I’ve got a one shot up…” Someone macro’ing?

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Lowell, “I’ve got a one shot up…” Someone macro’ing?

if you don’t know how to oneshot with a thief, consider yourself a bad thief.

Anyway, good play tokyo, i was wondering why you use a condition build over the common hybrid power/condi necro with wells.

hybrid necro is kinda BOOM as long as your team can cover your kitten

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

It’s not a matter of NOT knowing how to one shot someone, the fact that he calls it out is making me wonder if he is referencing a macro

in PvP

Maze.5283

It’s not a matter of NOT knowing how to one shot someone, the fact that he calls it out is making me wonder if he is referencing a macro

I’m pretty sure someone who’s been in the limelight as long as Lowell wouldn’t give up his master plan over voice comms!

(edited by Maze.5283)

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

I’ve watched Lowell in the past, this is the first time I’ve heard of his burst as having a “one shot up”

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

I’ve watched Lowell in the past, this is the first time I’ve heard of his burst as having a “one shot up”

He was simply calling a target.

It could be read as " i have all my CDs up, who’s the one who needs to be removed from the fight and has his stunbreak on CD ? ".

Nothing to be afraid about, a thief can oneshot any class with 20 k health in a single combo ( anything with less than 15-16 k health in a single shot) unless you break from basilisk, and it can be done easily without a macro.

in PvP

Maze.5283

Might be because curse made him play BS when he normally plays PW, or dagger/pistol BS. I can assure you good sir, a thief is capable of a one shot without the use of a macro!

in PvP

Posted by: Lowellollipop.5817

Lowellollipop.5817

Hello! I say it that way because it’s faster than “I have basilisk, haste, steal up, I am now capable of killing someone instantly”. I don’t think I’ve ever streamed with d/d or d/p anyway ^^ (and don’t use my stream vods as reference for anything guys, watching them now is painful to see the ammount of mistakes)

The only “unconventional” thing I do is that I have the spells of the combo bound next to each other on my numpad and that I drop my mouse when using them, because I used to fail the stealth glitch combo when doing it with my left hand and usual binds. Sorry to disappoint!

(edited by Lowellollipop.5817)

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

“Wow, he’s still being pet rezzed, WHAT THE F<beep>K! "

I loved it, need more this stuff.

Great entertainment. Thanks!

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in PvP

Maze.5283

“Wow, he’s still being pet rezzed, WHAT THE F<beep>K! "

I loved it, need more this stuff.

Great entertainment. Thanks!

Good ol’ Helseth, lol

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

I thought thief cant one shot ppl at high level since its so easy and any noob can avoid it and stuff

also what is up with posting a horribly one sided match?

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in PvP

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Tournaments would be so much better if you only had to fight over one point. Get some true 5v5s going and see who is the most skilled in teamfights.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in PvP

Maze.5283

Tournaments would be so much better if you only had to fight over one point. Get some true 5v5s going and see who is the most skilled in teamfights.

Had never thought about this, nice idea, team fight galore!

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

Lol at Helseth’s pet call. Good to see youre doing well Tokyo! Gonna give you a shoutout in my next video. Working on that ele guideeee

in PvP

Maze.5283

Lol at Helseth’s pet call. Good to see youre doing well Tokyo! Gonna give you a shoutout in my next video. Working on that ele guideeee

Likewise for my video after next! You zah man zoose!

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

@lowell, what’s your “one shot” combo? Do you use haste or just the standard bas ven, sig, cd, steal, bs, hs combo?

in PvP

Lowellollipop.5817

@lowell, what’s your “one shot” combo? Do you use haste or just the standard bas ven, sig, cd, steal, bs, hs combo?

basilisk, haste, cnd, steal, backstab, HS. haste just makes it basically instant.

in PvP

Posted by: XIII.9615

XIII.9615

So is it actually possible to do the combo with haste? I heard somewhere that you would need a macro, because with haste the animations are too fast to do them on your own. I never tried it myself.

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

You can do the combo without a macro.

@Lowell (thanks forrums for not allowing me to quote). Is that combo the reason you’re using d/d vs d/p. Quite a few NA thieves are using d/p in place of d/d.

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Yo Tokyo,

What resolution/settings do you record on?

:3

Snow Crows [SC]

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

@Lowell (thanks forrums for not allowing me to quote). Is that combo the reason you’re using d/d vs d/p. Quite a few NA thieves are using d/p in place of d/d.

you can do the combo with D/P as well, you only miss the C&D part.

I believe thieves will soon embrace the D/P part of it, and D/D will be forgotten, at least after the OH dagger nerf.

in PvP

Lowellollipop.5817

So is it actually possible to do the combo with haste? I heard somewhere that you would need a macro, because with haste the animations are too fast to do them on your own. I never tried it myself.

the only thing you need to delay is the heartseeker, everything else can be pressed at the same time, really :p Drop the mouse, punch the numpad, profit.

I believe thieves will soon embrace the D/P part of it, and D/D will be forgotten, at least after the OH dagger nerf.

Here’s the deal though, you lose the “instant” part of the combo if you want to do a blackpowder heartseeker stealth, because the thing that is going to apply the basilisk is the blinding powder shot. You lose ~0.2 or 0.3s which gives time to react to your combo. The point of the d/d combo is to be instant, as in there is no reaction to it only anticipation. Before playing with curse, I had been playing d/p for ~3 weeks aswell and I do think d/p is superior, it’s just not as efficient at doing what I was expected to do in their setup ^^

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

do you consider 1-shotting someone skillful gameplay or do you think it should not be possible to the degree it is now?

in PvP

Lowellollipop.5817

I don’t think it should be possible, there is no skill in punching my numpad.

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

I don’t think it should be possible, there is no skill in punching my numpad.

nice to finally see a top player acknowledge this and stop the l2p easy to avoid nonsense

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

the only thing you need to delay is the heartseeker, everything else can be pressed at the same time, really :p Drop the mouse, punch the numpad, profit.

Here’s the deal though, you lose the “instant” part of the combo if you want to do a blackpowder heartseeker stealth, because the thing that is going to apply the basilisk is the blinding powder shot. You lose ~0.2 or 0.3s which gives time to react to your combo. The point of the d/d combo is to be instant, as in there is no reaction to it only anticipation. Before playing with curse, I had been playing d/p for ~3 weeks aswell and I do think d/p is superior, it’s just not as efficient at doing what I was expected to do in their setup ^^

Backstab -> mug mid cast and BOOM.

BPS + HS -> basilisk + haste -> backstab + Mug = GG

The whole thing happens from stealth, your enemy has literally no idea what just happend to him, since Mug + backstab hit in the same istant.

I consider it one of the most broken aspect of a thief, i’ve oneshotted so many squishies it’s ridicolous ( backstab+ mug can deal from 12 to 15 k according to your stats, and add to the whole an hastened HS while you still are not rendering and that’s about it).

D/P is superior in every aspect, even more since it can counter ANY downed interrupt ( guardian in primis).

I believed every top thief knew about the backstab -> mug combo from stealth, but it seems i was wrong.

(edited by Mrbig.8019)

in PvP

Lowellollipop.5817

snip

Your point of view is flawed, at best. The goal of the combo is to get more spells and secure a kill on anything. One more spell makes the difference on anything that isnt a pure glass, notably monkeymentalists that invade, which is what I was supposed to one shot in curse’s teamcomp.

I usually have at least 1 reason to play a build over another one! Except when I’m playing ele, but that’s ok since it’s ele.

(edited by Lowellollipop.5817)

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

snip

Your point of view is flawed, at best. The goal of the combo is to get more spells and secure a kill on anything. One more spell makes the difference on anything that isnt a pure glass, notably monkeymentalists that invade, which is what I was supposed to one shot in curse’s teamcomp.

I usually have at least 1 reason to play a build over another one! Except when I’m playing ele, but that’s ok since it’s ele.

Still i don’t see the problem.

The burst happens with a slight delay, but it’s more difficult to avoid since it happens in a single shot, and most of the time the ele gets killed even before having a chance to pop up mist form.

D/D standard burst can be avoided even when it’s hastened, this can’t happen if the burst is done from stealth.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, surely D/D burst requires less moves to be built, but against higher rank opponents, especially eles ( at least in frees, but i don’t think PERSONAL skill is so different than paids, it’s mostly TEAMPLAY skill ceiling that is different) i found opponents who were able to react to a hastened D/D burst, but yet i have to find somebody able to react to a stealth burst.

Given this, and given D/P superior dueling and support capabilities, i have yet to find a reason to choose D/D over D/P, especially after the OH dagger nerf.

(edited by Mrbig.8019)

in PvP

Lowellollipop.5817

You lose ~1.5-3k damage because you have one less spell. Yes it is the one and only reason why I use it in this situation and I clearly do not deny the fact that d/p is superior at everything else =)

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

It really is not that difficult.

25 vunerability+dd nuke=ele oneshot from 100% even if he reacts like a superrobot and mists the sec the thief appears.
d/p can’t do that.
We run a strat in crs where the thief needs to oneshot ele so we can rush mid, and dd works better for that.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Posted by: ilJumperMT.4871

ilJumperMT.4871

Team Curse uses macro exploiting players. Nothing to see move along.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

You lose ~1.5-3k damage because you have one less spell. Yes it is the one and only reason why I use it in this situation and I clearly do not deny the fact that d/p is superior at everything else =)

Fine then. Surely a D/P thief is more self-sufficient, but if a team can cover your kitten and you need those 1-3k damage , that’s fine

It really is not that difficult.

25 vunerability+dd nuke=ele oneshot from 100% even if he reacts like a superrobot and mists the sec the thief appears.
d/p can’t do that.
We run a strat in crs where the thief needs to oneshot ele so we can rush mid, and dd works better for that.

That’s the same with D/P nuke.

You only miss 3k damage at best, and backstab → mug + HS ( when hasted) takes EXACTLY the same time of a C&D→mug→backstab, and deals more damage overall ( but you need 2 more moves to set the burst).

If you think that you ABSOLUTELY need those 3k (or the istant preparation of the burst) than D/D all the way.

But a D/P thief is way more powerful than a D/D one, and can easily engage 1vs1 fights that a D/D thief would never be able to handle.

in PvP

Posted by: Kirei.1792

Kirei.1792

basilisk, haste, cnd, steal, backstab, HS. haste just makes it basically instant.

i think thats the combo, but using haste b4 u open is just a waste, u should do basilisk, cnd steal > run around target > haste > bs (3 auto attack for poisen because they might use heal) and then finish off with a heartseeker if he dodges, so u chase him anywhere. and even ikittennow the combo, if u don’t move right u won’t 1 shot.

and the build for d/p is just different. if it had the same build as d/d (25/30/15)
i think d/p would rule over d/d. but ur going need a trait that gives u iniative when u go in stealth as d/p. the damage is actually same since heartseeker and cnd is same damage (even at 75 %+ hp)
d/p combo goes like black powder, heartseeker, steal, backstab. but the bad thing is that u won’t land basilik. but u can always save it for good timings.

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

i think thats the combo, but using haste b4 u open is just a waste, u should do basilisk, cnd steal > run around target > haste > bs (3 auto attack for poisen because they might use heal) and then finish off with a heartseeker if he dodges, so u chase him anywhere. and even ikittennow the combo, if u don’t move right u won’t 1 shot.

and the build for d/p is just different. if it had the same build as d/d (25/30/15)
i think d/p would rule over d/d. but ur going need a trait that gives u iniative when u go in stealth as d/p. the damage is actually same since heartseeker and cnd is same damage (even at 75 %+ hp)
d/p combo goes like black powder, heartseeker, steal, backstab. but the bad thing is that u won’t land basilik. but u can always save it for good timings.

It’s the same build

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

It’s the same build and it effectively costs the same amount of initiative to execute the burst, because you actually take advantage of Kleptomaniac, while you do not with D/D.

You also hit Basilisk just fine, as Black Powder has a direct shot plus the combo field. The direct shot is what stuns the opponent.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

omg wut are you saying.

You don’t need to use basilisk BEFORE bps, you can do it AFTER bps + hs ( while stealthed) and land the hastened Backstab → mug + HS combo, applying basilisk with mug and doing it while stealthed.

Hastened HS is glitched and you won’t render if not after the first HS, it takes THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME of a hastened C&D → mug → backstab combo, the only thing you lose is a 3 k damage from C&D ( giving your backstab more chances to proc with executioner trait, while with D/P the one proccing the executioner trait is HS).

While stealthed, the Backstab → mug combo is istant 14-15 k damage if both crit.

Oh god Q_Q