Texas Hold'em Solo Q Leaderboard

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

So, I’ve come to the conclusion that SoloQ is like a Texas Holdem Poker tournament. You all start with the same amount of chips, but in order to build up enough chips(MMR) and have the stack to compete, you have to get extremely lucky AND play well at the start.

If you end up taking a few “bad beats” (games with 4 players, or where you end up with some terrible players or against a team full of great players) and end up dropping drastically in MMR, then the chances of you crawling back into the “money” becomes exponentially more difficult.

That is why you have people that played 11 games and stopped, because they know they hit a fantastic run of luck (along with also playing good) and to play again, would only be walking in the minefield, in hopes of little to no gain.

That is also why I get on the leaderboard and after 10 more games, and I’m back to the 73% mark (which if anyone was interested, that’s about the cutoff point for LBs in NA). You can be good, but you are only 20% of the team, so there is TONS of luck that you will get good players on your team and not play against a team full of top 150 players (which has happened quite a few times)

I was thinking about this while YoloQing. What does everyone else think?

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Morderger.6298

Morderger.6298

I currently have played 187 soloq games and have had my rank drop down to low 800’s and just recently have moved back into the 200’s, think its at 290 now. Had a little bit of a bad streak the other day. My lowest was 170 and in one game loss it dropped me to 270. In order to move up ranks I had to convert to playing meta classes, aka necro or stun warrior.
Now I have to say at the 800+ ranks the teams were very bad off with people leaving or afk and you just need to switch to classes you think you can carry your team with, with the setup you got dealt. It can be done though, I know some people that have claimed up from very low % to top 1000 now.
Also, there is a decay on the LB. If these people do not play anymore games they will start to drop off.

Morderger – Elementalist / Zarnik – Warrior /Zerlurd – Ranger/ Slurd -Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/morderger

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Matchmaking needs to be tiered. Simple as that.

Rating needs to be visible, measurable, and predictable. If I’m 2200 rating, for example, I should only be matched with players of 2000+ rating – not four 2000 players and a 1600 moron, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Naw my start of solo queue was 1-3 with all loses 4v5

Really bad start finally broke 100 today, thought you got a title for that only reason I did it as im a WvW player…. guess no tittle so pointless.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I hate solo queue, your enemies either outrank you in rating or you outrank your own enemies. And this isn’t a simple 50 or so leaderboard positions ahead, it’s generally several hundred and it’s quite annoying.

There’s no possible way for me to win, the teammates I get are just so beyond bad I cannot do anything; especially when the enemy team is full of top 300 players.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

first 10 games you do on a new account you get a higher mmr to find your position faster in matchmaking, thats why you see 11:0 players in top 10

i lost my first 3 games when i startet soloQ and sorry but it is possible to gain ranks
from there i had 11 wins in a row and was on something like 50% in leaderboards
now im on 49 wins 25 lose and rank 350 something

just play more – only you can change something – not your team

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Different game, same elo hell theories. With as few people doing tpvp as there are, it’ll take longer to sort out, but the fact is, there is no elo hell. Not in League, not here. Eventually, sometimes over the course of hundreds of games, your personal contributions will place you at the ranking you belong.

If you don’t like that, I don’t blame you. It’s why I eventually stopped playing League, solo roam in wvw, and only hotjoin in spvp. kitten teams. But if you are someone who enjoys that dynamic, all you can do is keep playing, and eventually you’ll end up where you belong.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Although getting decent teammates helps you a lot more depends on your skill imo. People say one person can’t carry a whole team but the right moves at the right times by one player will win fights and won fights can win games.