The new PvP dailies

The new PvP dailies

in PvP

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Just leaving my oppinion here. I dislike the new dailies. Until the patch I tended to do some chilled games with friend in custom arenas. Now at least 2, sometimes even 3 of 4 dailies require to play unranked / ranked or even tournament. That’s equivalent to have raid dailies in PvE.
I understand that the class win dailies we bad for the game, but in my oppinion more chilled dailies would be appropriate, e.g.
- win 1 match in any pvp mode
- play 3 mathes in any pvp mode.
+ the existing rank, reward, kill dailies.

The new PvP dailies

in PvP

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Just leaving my oppinion here. I dislike the new dailies. Until the patch I tended to do some chilled games with friend in custom arenas. Now at least 2, sometimes even 3 of 4 dailies require to play unranked / ranked or even tournament. That’s equivalent to have raid dailies in PvE.
I understand that the class win dailies we bad for the game, but in my oppinion more chilled dailies would be appropriate, e.g.
- win 1 match in any pvp mode
- play 3 mathes in any pvp mode.
+ the existing rank, reward, kill dailies.

I dunno, the old PvP dailies were like PvE — you could literally not fight any opponents at all. The new ones make my life harder, but the new ones do require actually playing PvP.

So I’d say it’s nothing like forcing PvErs to raid. It’s closer imo to replacing the Vista daily with killing a champ.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

The new PvP dailies

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

All of the old PvP dailies were able to be earned exploitably (yes I’m using that word!) in custom arenas, by match-manipulation rank farmers. I’m glad they’ve been changed to require you to actually PvP now.

I’d prefer Anet to change the Tournament daily. Purely because of it’s time windows and the fact you need 4 other players to sign up for one.

Kitten.

The new PvP dailies

in PvP

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You mean PvE’ers can no longer get easy dailies in a different game mode? Good. I’m glad. The fact is the old dailies were bad for PvP itself.

The new PvP dailies

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

PvP dailies are designed for players that want to play PvP.
PvE dailies are designed for players that want to play PvE.
WvW dailies are designed for players that want to play WvW.

Also, PvPing isn’t remotely close to raiding. If you’re playing a casual game of unranked, how is that anything reminiscent of an endgame game mode?

The new PvP dailies

in PvP

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You can always do a single unranked, for one PvP daily, and try to get whatever else reasonable PvP daily there is, such as 3 kills or 50 rank points. At a minimum that’s one point and the other two non PvP dailies can be a easy vista, harvest, monument, vet kill.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

The new PvP dailies

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Well, it will increase the number of pve players that are there just for daily and don’t care about the game itself in unranked and ranked games. I’m sure PvP players will love that.
Though, at the same time it will no longer incentivize class stacking due to class dailies, so at least that one is good.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

The new PvP dailies

in PvP

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

True. But from what I’ve read the PvP players disliked the custom daily rooms so the PvE players moving over to unranked/ranked should be a better option.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

The new PvP dailies

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

All of the old PvP dailies were able to be earned exploitably (yes I’m using that word!) in custom arenas, by match-manipulation rank farmers. I’m glad they’ve been changed to require you to actually PvP now.

I’d prefer Anet to change the Tournament daily. Purely because of it’s time windows and the fact you need 4 other players to sign up for one.

Calling them match manipulators, though technically true, is a little intense considering there are no real stakes in those matches and custom rooms are basically set up for manipulation. I’m with you, though. I like the new dailies aside from Tournament. Class dailies were the worst. On numerous occasions, I played ranked matches with people who admitted they were bad at the class but deal with it cos dailies.