These players are hurting Anets PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

People who PIP farm in ranked or AFK in some random spot in a PvP match without punishment is hurting the PvP population….

I say this because I’m trying to get back into the game but before I’ve reached my 3rd game I end up logging off and playing another game simply due to these players wasting my time.

I’m playing a game to waste time, I don’t need that wasted too.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

The only thing that ruins games like this are players who make others toxic, players who refuse to accept responsibility for their emotions, players who run their mouths when they should be running rotations, players who complain too much, and players who repeatedly fail at the simple task of diffusing anger, ignoring chat, and choosing to react apathetically when appropriate.

How can any of you be so insufferably dependent on someone else’s performance while simultaneously thinking any of them care about your time?

You’re playing a game to waste time and you don’t want it wasted? Are you kidding me…

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

The only thing that ruins games like this are players who make others toxic, players who refuse to accept responsibility for their emotions, players who run their mouths when they should be running rotations, players who complain too much, and players who repeatedly fail at the simple task of diffusing anger, ignoring chat, and choosing to react apathetically when appropriate.

How can any of you be so insufferably dependent on someone else’s performance while simultaneously thinking any of them care about your time?

You’re playing a game to waste time and you don’t want it wasted? Are you kidding me…

So you support people who afk in PvP?

such a strange thing to say man…. maybe you could tell me why its ok for you to afk at the first mid fight because I’m clearly not understanding why you would bother queuing in the first place with that sort of sportsmanship.

We all play for different reasons, I play to have fun and waste time. Atleast I’m not playing to troll 9 other people in the game, my life isn’t that sad.

Point of thread is that I’m encountering the same people who afk on my team and the enemy team match in and match out. Speaking for myself and a few others I know, we just log off and hit up LoL or TF2 instead which means from 1 game, the PvP lobby queue loses 3-4 players while that 1 guy who keeps afk’ing continues this cycle into the next few games. It’s hurting PvP.

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

What’s the problem with farming PIPs in pvp? Aren’t we all getting PIPs in pvp just from doing pvp? I don’t see the issue. If the issue is that you don’t think these people are trying to win, then worry not. They will move down and if you are a good player you will move up. You get the most PIPs for winning so it makes sense they are also trying to win. Maybe you assume they aren’t because you are looking for a reason for your losses? Someone to blame, maybe?

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

What’s the problem with farming PIPs in pvp? Aren’t we all getting PIPs in pvp just from doing pvp? I don’t see the issue. If the issue is that you don’t think these people are trying to win, then worry not. They will move down and if you are a good player you will move up. You get the most PIPs for winning so it makes sense they are also trying to win. Maybe you assume they aren’t because you are looking for a reason for your losses? Someone to blame, maybe?

If you read the thread, it’s about people who afk in base from the start of game or after the first fight and continue to do so without punishment.

My losses are generally my fault or the 2 thieves we got lmao

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

If you read the thread, it’s about people who afk in base from the start of game or after the first fight.

I don’t put people who PIP farm in the same category as people that AFK. AFKers are entirely toxic.

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

If you read the thread, it’s about people who afk in base from the start of game or after the first fight.

I don’t put people who PIP farm in the same category as people that AFK. AFKers are entirely toxic.

I assumed they are PIP farming, otherwise I don’t see any logical explanation as to why they would bother queuing.

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

I assumed they are PIP farming, otherwise I don’t see any logical explanation as to why they would bother queuing.

I just did 3 straight matches with an engineer that went AFK. They first raged extremely hard at the team for not winning mid. Then they said they were going to afk because they didn’t care about the match anymore. And they put a smiley face up afterwards. I’m pretty sure that person cared about the match more than anyone because they were the only one raging, and raging very hard at that. And then tried to play it cool by saying they were just farming. She wasn’t just farming in the sense that she didn’t care about winning. She cared the most. She just was a bad player and tried to play it cool, but it was too late. SHe had already flipped out so putting up a front and tryign to be cool after that is pointless.

My point is, some people will try to act cool and say they don’t care about a match and that they are just farming as an excuse to AFK. They are actually going AFK, not because they are jsut farming pips, but because they are toxic, lack sportsmanship, and don’t know how to control their rage. So they attempt to frustrate the team because the team isn’t carrying them. So she defintely wanted to win, but was just putting up a front about farming.

I did 2 matches with her after those 3 matches. She was on the opposite team and she fought me very hard for a point. But she couldn’t take it, but she was fighting extremely hard like she wanted to win badly. She lost that match, and the one after. SHe was the reason all her teams were losing that night, but her rage was directed at her teams and not herself. So she went AFK and tried to be cool and said she was farming.

My point is that she was trying to masquerade as a farmer to play it cool that she didn’t care. SHe’s not a farmer. She’s just very toxic. And I think other people act the same. I’ve seen it in real life and ingame. People who try to be cool after raging, but they just look crazy lol.

I hear what you’re saying, but i’m telling you that PIP farmers are not the same as AFKers. Maybe some AFKers try to be cool and act like they are jsut farming. But they’re not. They’re really just very toxic and lack any kind sportsmanship-like qualities.

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

I just did 3 straight matches with an engineer that went AFK. They first raged extremely hard at the team for not winning mid. Then they said they were going to afk because they didn’t care about the match anymore. And they put a smiley face up afterwards. I’m pretty sure that person cared about the match more than anyone because they were the only one raging, and raging very hard at that. And then tried to play it cool by saying they were just farming. She wasn’t just farming in the sense that she didn’t care about winning. She cared the most. She just was a bad player and tried to play it cool, but it was too late. SHe had already flipped out so putting up a front and tryign to be cool after that is pointless.

My point is, some people will try to act cool and say they don’t care about a match and that they are just farming as an excuse to AFK. They are actually going AFK, not because they are jsut farming pips, but because they are toxic, lack sportsmanship, and don’t know how to control their rage. So they attempt to frustrate the team because the team isn’t carrying them. So she defintely wanted to win, but was just putting up a front about farming.

I did 2 matches with her after those 3 matches. She was on the opposite team and she fought me very hard for a point. But she couldn’t take it, but she was fighting extremely hard like she wanted to win badly. She lost that match, and the one after. SHe was the reason all her teams were losing that night, but her rage was directed at her teams and not herself. So she went AFK and tried to be cool and said she was farming.

My point is that she was trying to masquerade as a farmer to play it cool that she didn’t care. SHe’s not a farmer. She’s just very toxic. And I think other people act the same. I’ve seen it in real life and ingame. People who try to be cool after raging, but they just look crazy lol.

I hear what you’re saying, but i’m telling you that PIP farmers are not the same as AFKers. Maybe some AFKers try to be cool and act like they are jsut farming. But they’re not. They’re really just very toxic and lack any kind sportsmanship-like qualities.

It’s a fair perspective but there really needs to be some sort of small dishonour for things like these… Even some sort of automatic system where 3 reports in a single game could mean 10 mins of dishonour.

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

It’s a fair perspective but there really needs to be some sort of small dishonour for things like these… Even some sort of automatic system where 3 reports in a single game could mean 10 mins of dishonour.

The report feature in pvp doesn’t work.

With that said, I agree with you. People that go AFK, imo, should be banned for 3 days for their first offense. Then a week.

People that verbally abuse their team should be muted for a 3 days, then a week, then a month. Muted from all chat channels. I don’t think anet cares to punish the community for toxicity because the community is so small already. But I think it would actually be better for the game if they did.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

such a strange thing to say man…. maybe you could tell me why its ok for you to afk at the first mid fight because…

Hmm, did I support people who afk?? Or is this just a sad attempt to straw man away from the responsibilities of your own toxic behavior?

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

You need to report those for match manipulation. They are losing purposely to drop their mmr to get a great wins streak so they got more rating doing this.

Unfortunately, we don’t have ANET quaterly report on actions done on Players Reporting. So we don’t know if it’s work. More… people think it’s useless to do so because they don’t hear or see anything happening to them.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I afk all the time, but it’s when the match is obviously over. For example, if the score is 400 to 200 and it’s just obvious we can’t win. I usually announce it, as well. I just want the match to end as soon as possible, and I see no point in continuing getting my ass kicked for whatever reason. That’s just not fun for me. I want to get to the next match asap.

The funny thing is the people who report me, say they’re reporting me, regardless of my announcment in chat.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

With that said, I agree with you. People that go AFK, imo, should be banned for 3 days for their first offense. Then a week.

People that verbally abuse their team should be muted for a 3 days, then a week, then a month. Muted from all chat channels. I don’t think anet cares to punish the community for toxicity because the community is so small already. But I think it would actually be better for the game if they did.

U must be new to pvp, its impossible not to flame in this game’

First , players want to win, and its normal to get nervous or mad when u r competing

Second, with this match making its really impossible not to flame, i kid u not, just had a game that i was far 1vs 2 for over a minute, rest of my team wiped and lost all caps, then they have 5 men mid and we just have 4 cause our ranger is afk close

Its just impossible not to flame, and if they would ban players for days like u are saying, players would just leave, simple as that.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

While I’ll completely agree with you.

The sad fact is that ANet supports the players who afk at the start of the match. Just like they support you. This is not a F2P eSport game. The players who afk are keeping money in ANets pocket too. GW2 can never be competitive with ANet current business model. You might as go else where for competitive PvP action. Because it is not in ANet’s best interests to bann paying players, just for us.

If you are looking for meaningful competitive action. You people are playing the wrong game.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

U must be new to pvp, its impossible not to flame in this game’

First , players want to win, and its normal to get nervous or mad when u r competing

Second, with this match making its really impossible not to flame, i kid u not, just had a game that i was far 1vs 2 for over a minute, rest of my team wiped and lost all caps, then they have 5 men mid and we just have 4 cause our ranger is afk close

Its just impossible not to flame, and if they would ban players for days like u are saying, players would just leave, simple as that.

Nah, i’m not new. I’ve been playing this game since beta. I’ve done almost 7,000 games in the last 5 years. Last season alone i did over 600 ranked games. And I always get to low plat, which is not amazing, but i have a good understanding of competition.

I don’t rage because as a kid I was taught about sportsmanship. Win some, lose some. either way it’s a GG WP. I don’t expect to win every match. I only expect to win half of my matches. If you are winning half of your matches, then MMR is working well. If you are losing half of all your matches then MMR is doing its job.

So many people have no understanding of sportsmanship or MMR. I’m not saying you, but there are people that really expect to win every single match, and if they lose they’re throwing a tantrum at their own team. In all honesty, it’s just very childish to me to see that kind of behavior in this game.

I understand feeling frustrated with this game, but my frustration is only ever with the class balance team and never with my teammates. I don’t expect anyone to always play a perfect game and it’s likely that a game i’m in could be a game when someone plays less than perfectly. It’s okay. Win some and lose some. Even when my rank falls from a streak, it always bounces back up to where it was at the next day. I don’t sweat it.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

I’m sorry to break it to you. There is no such thing as sportsmanship in GW2’s Ranked sPvP leagues. It’s ANet’s fault for not wanting to promote sportsmanship.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

such a strange thing to say man…. maybe you could tell me why its ok for you to afk at the first mid fight because I’m clearly not understanding why you would bother queuing in the first place with that sort of sportsmanship.

We all play for different reasons, I play to have fun and waste time. Atleast I’m not playing to troll 9 other people in the game, my life isn’t that sad.

Point of thread is that I’m encountering the same people who afk on my team and the enemy team match in and match out. Speaking for myself and a few others I know, we just log off and hit up LoL or TF2 instead which means from 1 game, the PvP lobby queue loses 3-4 players while that 1 guy who keeps afk’ing continues this cycle into the next few games. It’s hurting PvP.

He’s basically saying grow up and own your actions but being a lot more eloquent about it. An adult realises that their situation is their doing and takes responsibility for it.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

He’s basically saying grow up and own your actions but being a lot more eloquent about it. An adult realises that their situation is their doing and takes responsibility for it.

So it’s our fault that we get AFKers for team mates? Right? Just wanted to confirm this from you. Before talking to you in a different way.

Then again you are right in a twisted way. It’s our fault for queuing up in the first place. Kinda the same thing I been telling people. Just in a different way.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

So it’s our fault that we get AFKers for team mates? Right? Just wanted to confirm this from you. Before talking to you in a different way.

Then again you are right in a twisted way. It’s our fault for queuing up in the first place. Kinda the same thing I been telling people. Just in a different way.

Who’s fault is it if you can’t get a rank higher than them?

Who’s fault is it if you’re getting tilted by them?

Who’s fault is it for not getting them to make an effort even for that one match?

in PvP

Posted by: bhaldor.9837

bhaldor.9837

Best post in a forum I’ve read to date!
If the worst thing you’ve got to complain about in life is a pvp computer game,then you’ve actually got nothing to complain about.

We’re not curing children’s cancer here…

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

such a strange thing to say man…. maybe you could tell me why its ok for you to afk at the first mid fight because…

Hmm, did I support people who afk?? Or is this just a sad attempt to straw man away from the responsibilities of your own toxic behavior?

You seem to have me mixed up with someone else. Sounds like you’re upset over something because you’re ignoring the thread and throwing around wild accusations.
I can see that now, the first reply I thought you were just defending yourself.

While I agree with you that toxic in game behaviour can result in ruining other peoples fun, this is not the point of this thread. I won’t point out this fact a 3rd time to you. I assume you’re smart enough to understand?

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Who’s fault is it if you can’t get a rank higher than them?

Who’s fault is it if you’re getting tilted by them?

Who’s fault is it for not getting them to make an effort even for that one match?

In the end of the day. You are right it’s our fault, we can’t police people on our teams.

Everything is our fault, for queuing up, in the first place.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Also I realize it’s so much my fault at least. To the point I will wait till my buddy decides to plays GW2 to PvP with. And will not play unless most or all of the following conditions are met.

- Duo queuing

- Only playing around 1 to 3 am EST

- Queue dodging certain players.

So there are things I can do. In order to get myself ranked. So in the end yes it is my fault.

If I Yolo queue by myself.

If l don’t take advantage of certain time zones.

If I don’t queue dodge.

Any of this sound healthy to you tho?

But at least I admit it!