Too many angry people /rant

in PvP

Posted by: aymodez.5127

aymodez.5127

I’ve been playing GW2 for a little over a month now with 2 different classes in which I really enjoy (necro & guard). I find that GW2 has satisfied my craving for an MMO like EQ/EQ2 (huge fan/player of the series) — but I know both are quite the opposite in a lot of aspects of the game. Long story short, I like GW2.

Until I started PvPing. Man. There are a lot of angry people out there. A simple kill will turn into an insult. A 2v1 situation where you think you’re helping a teammate, turns into a ‘wtf’ moment. Or, my favorite, the kitteny player on the opposite end who tries to talk trash all throughout the match, and personally /whispers you his version of trash talking only to lose the entire match because, apparently, their way of winning is trying to mentally break you down, while I simply reply “scoreboard. gg”.

My question is, why are there so many angry players? Are there regular, normal players who play a game and just enjoys it for what it is? I’m not the perfect gamer or PvP’er. In fact, my stats as of this moment in PvP:

Games Played: 135 (all unranked since I came onto this after S1)
Games Won: 77
Top Stats Awarded: 598

Again, I’m not perfect. I don’t claim to be a bette player than anyone. I play a game to enjoy it. If I lose, I lose, gg. If I’m with a bunch of noobs, sure, why not… if we win, great! /shout GG! If we lose, oh well. Try harder next time, right?… Right?

Apparently not.

Not gonna let these kids (I’m ashamed that some might even be ADULTS) try and ruin the game for anyone. The block feature is my favorite skill used since joining what I believe is the most fun I’ve had in GW2: PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

PvP brings that out in people for some reason. GW2 isn’t alone in that aspect, either. Look at pretty much any game with a PvP mode, and you’ll find very similar attitudes from a chunk of the player population. And yes, there are definitely some players out there who are normal, level-headed non-trolls. But you’re going to have to take the good with the bad. Just continue using the Block feature when necessary, and enjoy the game.

in PvP

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Some people are very serious about the silliest things.

in PvP

Posted by: OrbitalButt.5708

OrbitalButt.5708

Cherish every hate tell. Feed off them like a vampire feeds on blood. Roll in them like a dog in stink, they are all priceless gifts because your Good Playing has somehow trolled a person into insanity. HOW DARE YOU PERFORM CAPABLY AT THIS TASK RAARRRRRGH

A pretty big wheel down at the cracker factory

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Because people are kittens,the sooner you realize that the easier it is to let go of it and ignore all the bullkitten going on.

in PvP

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

In GW1 we had a saying about PvP that may be true here as well: In PvP, the monsters are rude and the drops are lousy.

But at least here we have reward tracks. The monsters are still rude.

in PvP

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

PvP have a lot of player that do not know how to control self. They want to talk bad win or lose. It is real sad because many of these people are adult but act like 12 year old who parent are not watching.

This is big reason why many player do not want PvE open world duel. Many player can not act responsible win or lose.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Well there are basically three ways to react to a bad team/a cheesy oponent.(or just a good oponent if your suffering from dunning and think you should be better)
1st: You can just shut up and take it. Most convenient, most easy. But well…some people appearently cant do that.

2nd:You can start blaming everybody and try to die of high blood pressure, insult other players. Those you hear, thats why it seems like most people act that way.
Hot news for those people: You will actually make your team loose harder. If you get insulted and are actually a good player you start questioning yourself for no reason and loose focus.
I had a match the other day where I would ask my team if they could try fighting the enemies for once and they literally said ‘no’

3rd: You can try to friendly but firmly advise your team of their mistakes and tell new players, what they could do better. Unfortunately someone will always missunderstand you and enter blind rage because of ‘cant take criticism’ So that is sadly not really an option, so nobody does it.

I actually understand all three types of people. It is really annoying as an experienced player to loose matches that you could have won easily, and that happens a lot, and we all know not everyone can deal with frustration the right way.
The best solution is to find some like-minded on a ts and trash talk about your team there. They will do the same and noone will really listen to each other.
Or you come to the forums and complain how op class X has become, you will always find people who think alike and you can keep your discussion away from normal people who dont care.

However, if youre getting insulted, you just say youre sorry. It doesnt matter if you were actually doing something wrong, just say youre sorry and ask them what you could have done better. It is incredible how irritated they become and there is a good chance, that the next reply will be nicer, cause you push their self-esteem and thats what pvp is all about.

in PvP

Posted by: OrbitalButt.5708

OrbitalButt.5708

4. The Ragequit

A pretty big wheel down at the cracker factory

in PvP

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

People choose to play pvp. With a profession of there choice.
If they lose, they can choose between Accept the loss? Or not accept the loss?
If they not accept the loss, then people choose to make themselfs angry.
Cursing teammates. Accuse others when its them showing there true colours.
This is normal in pvp.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in PvP

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Some people actually get angry. Others, they try to bait you and put you off your game by delivering vitriol they don’t feel. Either way, /block works well (if a little tedious).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”