Too much cc + condi is killing the fun

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

Just wanted to share a fact about every game that has too much cheesy mechanics including gw2. This is the way to kill the fun from every pvp mode.

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

There was always CC + Condi. builds. Maybe your just seeing it more in the offseason?

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

In that matter I particularly remember warriors playing a OP spec that was called Ham/bow. They did good condi damage and they could also easily interrupt, so I guess it has always been killing the fun for you

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Are you by any chance a thief?

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

Looks like someone just lost to a warrior haha. But honestly, if that is a case then you just need to learn to counter the class. *cough ranging them

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Condi not that much, but the amount of CC has always been ridiculous in this game. There’s just too much.

in PvP

Posted by: Liam McColgan.7689

Liam McColgan.7689

yeh cc takes no skill now ( calling cc target on a prime resser, or ccing a healer etc) because every class has access to about 10000 x cc, and every class has access to about 10000x stun removal.

Add that the the constant stability changes they keep making….its just a spam fest on point of daze, stun, daze, passive fear proc, taunt, more dazes, anothr aoe daze……blah blah blah.

I miss WoW where you have limited cc, all on internal cd’s so you actually have to co-ordinate cc and not waste your primary cc breaker. And WoW is not even skillful

Mesmer – 1250+ Ranked tpvp WINS.
– 7772 games played, 5274 games won.
“Nuke or be Nuked” – Said every mesmer ever

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I agree. The issue is that the auto attack spamming meta makes it impossible not be be cc. They just let someone auto attack and they get the interrupt effect. Shocking aura elementalist is a good example of this. As long as they stay close to a target the target is permanently cc. I love the current level of damage for each class. But classes often use cc as a form of defense now. As an advocate against class sustainability I would argue against cc for this reason.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Just wanted to share a fact about every game that has too much cheesy mechanics including gw2. This is the way to kill the fun from every pvp mode.

I think a lot of this is coming from fun to play non meta builds, i play a 1v1 warrior lockdown condi build in pvp during the offseasons for the pure hilarity of it…however in ranked i think it will be subpar

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: RaGe.9834

RaGe.9834

I remember when i wasn’t perma stunned, it was just prior to HoT release… good times… good times

I miss WoW where you have limited cc, all on internal cd’s so you actually have to co-ordinate cc and not waste your primary cc breaker. And WoW is not even skillful

i miss gw1, where there were ways of dealing with it and it wasn’t bug-nutty-batkitten crazy “balance”.

Thing for me is i don’t even give a flying kitten about the condi either the perma aoe stuns are out of hand.

What are you a jock?…. get out, This is nerd landia, where nerds gather!

(edited by RaGe.9834)