True? Players are going to be cheated???

in PvP

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

Q:

I find this disturbing if this is really true that the glory boosters that were either earned or paid for with gems or real life money are just going to be deleted with no compensation whatsoever and here is why.

1) we got told about this in December even playing only pvp 1 hour every single day since we were told this many people would even be through 20% of the boosters they attained and I know others have many more as well.

2) your answer cant be play more because as human beings and not bots we have lives some have school, some have jobs, some have social lives, and there are those with all of the above. Its great when people can play gw2 for a solid 8 hours every single day but many cant which is why even when using our boosters like we were told we wouldn’t have any hope of getting close to even using 25-50% of the boosters some have.

3) there could be many options to help people not feel cheated just by deleting something they have earned or paid for here are some examples:
1) turn boosters into set amount of glory doesn’t have to be as much as they would have got if they had used them but at least something

2) you could make glory boosters forgeable 4 glory boosters = 1 random booster

3) you could make a tab in your glory merchant to turn glory boosters into something else anything else really just so that you wont be spitting on people’s hard work or money

4) you could turn them into a new easily attainable item that the new system would be using or leave them inactive till you can change them into something

5) at the very least you could turn them into a junk item that could be sold to at least get some sort of compensation even though a few copper might be a slap in the face at least its better than nothing

so can you please do something to show the people you care what they do in your game so you are not just deleting their money and or hard work?

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i honestly don’t know what to do with glory boosters,

on one hand they’ve told us that our hard earned (or purchased) boosters are going to be deleted, so we should try to use them.

on the other hand a part of me is hoping they will see peoples outcry about simply deleting something we’ve paid for, so i feel i might want to save them incase of that.

i’d say for now you should just keep using them a couple at a time, incase they do decide to compensate us for our remaining boosters.

in PvP

Posted by: Kim.4152

Kim.4152

There should be some sort of compensation for glory boosters because they were still coming out of black lion chests in December and perhaps even afterwards (not sure about the latter). People who received them from BLC would have received a different type of item instead of the soon to be useless glory booster – hardly fair. As the OP mentioned, it is nearly impossible to use up all or even most of the glory boosters.

Note to OP: you may want to consider removing the “True Players” phrase from your title because it seems somewhat antagonistic or insulting towards people who choose not to participate in PvP.

in PvP

cerberus.1937

not only were they dropping after that they were selling them up till this month isn’t that bait and switch? something along the lines of hey lets sell this item till the last possible moment then after we take them off sale lets tell them we are deleting them a month or less later……seriously??? either way they are deleting an item someone has worked for or paid for which just isn’t right, yes I am using them and have been using them since we were told in December, but like most people cant possible hope to sue them all I will still have over 300 left probably people that cant play at least 1 hour every day will have many more.

as for the tile its meant to be read as a question there wasn’t enough room for "Is it really true that players are going to be cheated in march 18th patch "so I had to paraphrase true players are going to be cheated as a question.

in PvP

Kim.4152

I will have over 200 left despite trying my best to use them up. I agree it doesn’t seem fair to delete something that people have paid or worked for. I can’t see the glory boosters just being deleted with no compensation whatsoever because that would be borderline dishonest and generally Anet always been rather fair.

Thanks for the clarification on the title. My apologies for misunderstanding. I didn’t want your thread with a very legitimate question turning into a flame war or being deleted because of the title.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

There should be some sort of compensation for glory boosters because they were still coming out of black lion chests in December and perhaps even afterwards (not sure about the latter).

I just got a glory booster 2 days ago from a black lion chest.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

I will have over 200 left despite trying my best to use them up. I agree it doesn’t seem fair to delete something that people have paid or worked for. I can’t see the glory boosters just being deleted with no compensation whatsoever because that would be borderline dishonest and generally Anet always been rather fair.

Thanks for the clarification on the title. My apologies for misunderstanding. I didn’t want your thread with a very legitimate question turning into a flame war or being deleted because of the title.

wrong assumption…
- i dont believe 1 ppl has ever bought glory booster to push a worthless currency higher.. not only 1.. ever.
- glory booster coming out of black lion chests are random base rewards. so there was not intention buying keys to exactly get glory booster. what should pve-ppl say?
- glory booster dropped from chests. well its luck based. but u cant honestly tell all ppl that u are worked for that?
- i dont believe someone crafted ever a glory booster.

the chance to get a drop from a chest to be a glory booster is really low. so using always glory booster with luck drops should end in no glory booster, except u bought xxxx chests and openend them. but whats with all that useless rank-tokens? all the stacks of cristalls ppl have?

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

I think they should either give us the option to turn them into any booster of our choice, sorta like what they did with MF gear when they removed that OR give us gems based off how many booster we have. I think it was 5 boosters for 450 gems or something like that right before they took them off the BLTC, so just give players who have lots of boosters gems so they can spend it on other stuff. It really isn’t fair to players that bought them with gems for them to be deleted and at the very least not refunded, so while they are at it they should just give all players with glory boosters equal value gem wise even if you have hundreds stockpiled.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

got so many glory boosters that i could literally have them active permanently; they are WORTHLESS. why should we get anything for something that has no value?

in PvP

Kim.4152

wrong assumption…
1.- i dont believe 1 ppl has ever bought glory booster to push a worthless currency higher.. not only 1.. ever.
2.- glory booster coming out of black lion chests are random base rewards. so there was not intention buying keys to exactly get glory booster. what should pve-ppl say?
3.- glory booster dropped from chests. well its luck based. but u cant honestly tell all ppl that u are worked for that?
4.- i dont believe someone crafted ever a glory booster.

5. the chance to get a drop from a chest to be a glory booster is really low. so using always glory booster with luck drops should end in no glory booster, except u bought xxxx chests and openend them. but whats with all that useless rank-tokens? all the stacks of cristalls ppl have?

Quite strange that you start your reply with “wrong assumption” when your post is full of assumptions, many of them wrong!

1. Just because neither you nor I ever bought a glory booster does not mean that nobody else did. I would be surprised if absolutely nobody ever bought a glory booster.
2. I agree that people most likely would not have been buying keys to specifically get a glory booster. However, that is completely irrelevant. People opening a chest are expecting to receive a certain number of drops from the chest. If the glory boosters are deleted without compensation, the people who received those items instead of another item, are essentially ripped off by 1 drop on those chests from which they received a glory booster.
3. Just because the drops of various items from BLC are random does not mean that I (and obviously many other people) did not work for those items. Most of my keys are from personal story, random drops while playing and occasionally switching gold for gems – how is that not working for something? Do you tell someone who got a precursor from farming that they didn’t work for it? Also, to repeat, we were entitled to X number of drops from each BLC and not X minus 1 drops (the minus 1 obviously being the soon to be useless glory boosters). Also, glory boosters also came from achievement chests, PvP achievements, etc. – how is that not working for it? As for your comment about what should PVE people say, I’m not sure what that has to do with anything at all.
4. Another assumption that is most likely wrong. Just because neither you nor I ever crafted a glory booster does not mean nobody else did.
5. Maybe it’s just me but this seems pretty irrelevant.

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

got so many glory boosters that i could literally have them active permanently; they are WORTHLESS. why should we get anything for something that has no value?

Anet disagrees and has had a value of 5 for 450gems since launch, or else they would be free.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

ANET should allow us to trade in glory boosters for other types of boosters.

in PvP

Posted by: Hollywood Votary.8914

Hollywood Votary.8914

Ya’ll are just trying to QQ your ways to free things. Here’s what would be fair.

1) Compensate players who have made glory booster gem purchases (like anet has done for many other items)

2) Allow trade-ins for based on actual value of boosters. (i.e. how much glory does it take to get, drop rate out of boxes)

Ya’ll are so spoiled. I have a lil over 2 stacks of them boosters and I couldn’t give less kittens about using them or getting something for them.

(edited by Hollywood Votary.8914)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Ya’ll are just trying to QQ your ways to free things. Here’s what would be fair.

1) Compensate players who have made glory booster gem purchases (like anet has done for many other items)

2) Allow trade-ins for based on actual value of boosters. (i.e. how much glory does it take to get, drop rate out of boxes)

Ya’ll are so spoiled. I have a lil over 2 stacks of them boosters and I couldn’t give less kittens about using them or getting something for them.

Just because you have made the (arguably poor) choice to ignore glory boosters doesn’t mean you speak for even the barest sliver of the population.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Is anyone arguing for something free? I want your #2 above. Allow a trade in for other boosters.

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

not only were they dropping after that they were selling them up till this month isn’t that bait and switch? something along the lines of hey lets sell this item till the last possible moment then after we take them off sale lets tell them we are deleting them a month or less later……seriously???

Selling known useless products is fraud.

Unless an expiry date was communicated at the point of sale, the consumer should be afforded a ‘reasonable’ window of time in which to use the product.

in PvP

cerberus.1937

not only were they dropping after that they were selling them up till this month isn’t that bait and switch? something along the lines of hey lets sell this item till the last possible moment then after we take them off sale lets tell them we are deleting them a month or less later……seriously???

Selling known useless products is fraud.

Unless an expiry date was communicated at the point of sale, the consumer should be afforded a ‘reasonable’ window of time in which to use the product.

wrong term was used but point remained valid saying that glory would be phased out eventually sometime in the future in December no date was given. Sure enough right AFTER they stopped selling the boosters in the game store the date magically showed up and with a time frame of a month or less sound fishy? maybe its just me but selling items you are knowingly going to delete is bad enough but the company knowing full well when the item was going to be gone and not telling the customer buying the item until after they stop selling them is messed up on its own; not to mention deleting items people either paid for or worked for without any compensation of any kind at all. I had some faith that anet would do the right thing and stand by its customers but not so sure anymore, what is next after glory boosters? If the just delete items that people pay and work for like this with nothing at all in return what is to stop them from deleting anything else ….other boosters, in game armor, weapons…..where does it stop?

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Can’t they turn them into “gold boosters” instead? These things were meant to enhance pvp rewards, so it would be logical to make them boost the new pvp reward (gold) instead of just deleting them or converting them straight to gold (which might destabilize the economy).

in PvP

cerberus.1937

well…..I found this post in the forum called “Halp! Open Match Chests Nao?”

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

“No, the glory boosters will not be replaced, but they will be removed. The new rewards system is going to be awesome, so it should balance out. I realize that’s less than ideal, but it had to be done.”

really hope this is a bad joke or way to lose the faith of your loyal paying customers. Telling people the date you will delete glory boosters right after you stop selling them seems a bit dishonest and deceitful for a company. What is going through my mind is what will you deem to be “worthless” next time deleting an item you sell people and people have to work for ….just wow think I am done supporting the game through purchases in the fear of what you will randomly decide to delete next.

in PvP

Kim.4152

What is going through my mind is what will you deem to be “worthless” next time deleting an item you sell people and people have to work for ….just wow think I am done supporting the game through purchases in the fear of what you will randomly decide to delete next.

We (my husband and I) will probably do as you mentioned, quit supporting the game through purchases because of the arbitrary and unjustifiable nature of this decision. If you cannot trust them, why support them.

in PvP

Posted by: Sari.9836

Sari.9836

I think making Glory Boosters into Rank Boosters as I read here in a different thread is a good solution. This gives people who invested into this game by purchase of these Boosters to keep their investment.
With the upcoming league system exclusive and hopefully rare rewards are being given out. This would mean additional rewards are being added and ones which are being distinguished from the rank-related ones thus not being a point of conflict, I hope.

in PvP

Posted by: mimec.6719

mimec.6719

Gnarlie Sheen was here…