UGO NA - AT player incident Stance.

in PvP

Posted by: jebro.6370

jebro.6370

Good day,

We at the UGO want to provide a place for you, (whether it be a viewer or player) to watch and compete in fair competition.

It is important to us that we hold the integrity of the tournament to a high standard. We want to grow and provide even more tournaments for the future and with the expac announcement, the hype can only build for the future of PvP.

In light of recent events regarding the NA players that were involved with the Automated Monthly Tournaments, we have seen fit to temporarily ban them from our tournaments.

We have come to this decision as a group that care about our tournaments and you the player/viewer.

We thank you for your time and hope to see you in the NA tournament this sunday.

Many thanks

Jebro

Unity Gaming Organisation

in PvP

Posted by: Vallun.2071

Vallun.2071

Which players are being banned, the owners of the accounts who won or the players who shared their accounts?

in PvP

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

Sad, this will cost a lot of viewers.

in PvP

jebro.6370

Which players are being banned, the owners of the accounts who won or the players who shared their accounts?

Both.

in PvP

Posted by: jungleking.2718

jungleking.2718

Some people who donated may want their money refunded.

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

claps I’m glad there are people out there who refuse to reward unethical behavior. Running a tournament with integrity in mind trumps viewers or money.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I don’t agree. You are enacting punishment on behalf of Anet. Let them fail on their own.

Also what happened did not happen during your tournament and you have no business punishing ppl.

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Question has there been any actual definitive proof of this incident? Since as of yet none has been provided and if no one has any definitive proof how can you ban players from a tournament on grounds of them cheating?

Or is solely based on baseless accusations of a certain player that is upset thy lost akittennce they claim (key word here) to have proof but refuse to divulge it?

(edited by Sly.9518)

in PvP

Posted by: Bergamont.2497

Bergamont.2497

No news from anet yet on if they are taking any corrective actions to disincentive such behaviour in the future.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

anet could learn a thing or two from Jebro.

in PvP

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

I don’t agree. You are enacting punishment on behalf of Anet. Let them fail on their own.

Also what happened did not happen during your tournament and you have no business punishing ppl.

They have all the business in the world upholding integrity in a tournament who willingly donates money to players (funded by a community).

If you are a prominent, visible part of a community and you take the time to cheat and screw said community with petty actions, why would they keep you around? What example does that set and what does it say about the already struggling competitive scene?

in PvP

Posted by: nothelseth.4621

nothelseth.4621

Banning the only halfway decent players because you get bullied into doing it by opportunistic people faking outrage in order to further kill off their scene because all they care about is their own ego.

What are you basing these bans on? TOS being broken? In that case I advice you ban half of NA, including the people that probably endlessly whined to you about doing this.

IMO it’s none of anyones business other than anet of what people does w their ingame tourn winnings. The only way I could find a ban justified from your end is if someone actually changed the outcome of a match by cheating. Nothing like that happened.

But yeah, I’m sure jeff convincing you of banning the team that always beats him is all done in the ‘’fairness of competition’’ and not you getting bullied by whispers and not having the nuts to take a stance.

in PvP

Posted by: Keyba.9570

Keyba.9570

I applaud jebros efforts. When ESL was dropped, jebro stood up to create his own tournament for players who want to play competitively. This in itself shows the amount of passion he has for the PvP scene and if he feel this way as many do about the recent events then he shouldn’t be criticized . He took the initiative to create the tournament and from my understanding this decision was based on the majority of the tournament board feeling the same way. My team is happy about this and we are actually competing in the UGO tournament.

Revenant is life

in PvP

Posted by: Clementine.9613

Clementine.9613

Glad to see Jeb at least have a spine and actually act and not just “We’ll look into it^tm”

Out of curiosity, how will you make sure they filthy cheaters human waste don’t use alts and sign up? What if they use VPN and use voice changer/friends/relative to get past the Voice check in discord? Just wondering. Props for actually taking action though

in PvP

Azukas.1426

They have all the business in the world upholding integrity in a tournament who willingly donates money to players (funded by a community).

If you are a prominent, visible part of a community and you take the time to cheat and screw said community with petty actions, why would they keep you around? What example does that set and what does it say about the already struggling competitive scene?

No one cheated who played in the tournament. The integrity of the game was NEVER compromised. The only thing done wrong was some idiots put a price tag on an achievement title. Thats it.

The integrity of UGO is in jeopardy not from the alleged players who took the money, but the people who kittened and moaned to Jebro to d/q ppl so they could win money. See these players aren’t good enough to win it on their own, and have resorted to getting ppl to be d/q’d. Personally they are lower than the alleged team who paid ppl to win the AT.

You know why? Because they were man enough to admit they can’t do, and forked over cash. They didn’t report ppl to anet repeatedly to have them banned so they could win.

Thank you

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Ive always wanted to join one of these community driven tourneys, but never found a good team to join.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: aerodynamique.5267

aerodynamique.5267

No one cheated who played in the tournament. The integrity of the game was NEVER compromised. The only thing done wrong was some idiots put a price tag on an achievement title. Thats it.

The integrity of UGO is in jeopardy not from the alleged players who took the money, but the people who kittened and moaned to Jebro to d/q ppl so they could win money. See these players aren’t good enough to win it on their own, and have resorted to getting ppl to be d/q’d. Personally they are lower than the alleged team who paid ppl to win the AT.

You know why? Because they were man enough to admit they can’t do, and forked over cash. They didn’t report ppl to anet repeatedly to have them banned so they could win.

Thank you

Removed from the topic itself (I have no comment), this comment is five levels of horseshit and confirmation bias. You can’t just say ‘oh no these people only want them removed because they can’t win’ like you know exactly what they think about. It’s the hardest level of armchair psychology I’ve ever seen.

Please remove your forum signature, you are actually the person here that makes the least sense.

competitive ele guyyyy

in PvP

Posted by: jungleking.2718

jungleking.2718

Banning the only halfway decent players because you get bullied into doing it by opportunistic people faking outrage in order to further kill off their scene because all they care about is their own ego.

What are you basing these bans on? TOS being broken? In that case I advice you ban half of NA, including the people that probably endlessly whined to you about doing this.

IMO it’s none of anyones business other than anet of what people does w their ingame tourn winnings. The only way I could find a ban justified from your end is if someone actually changed the outcome of a match by cheating. Nothing like that happened.

But yeah, I’m sure jeff convincing you of banning the team that always beats him is all done in the ‘’fairness of competition’’ and not you getting bullied by whispers and not having the nuts to take a stance.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything said here.

in PvP

nothelseth.4621

Thank you

all this.

facts

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Jeff actually said he would prefer if they were allowed to play so he could get another chance to beat them. That’s what he said to Jebro and I. Ask yourselves this: would any other competitive game let this slide? Whether or not you think UGO should ban them for it, I just want to emphasize that their actions should not be permitted. Some people think that should be left up to ArenaNet, but that’s not a clear cut issue. This is a community event, and the admins decided what we considered best for the community.

Also, there should be no question as to whether or not it did happen. Naru admitted to it in voice, and actively defends his 2v1 loss vs Zorh in multiple public PvP Discord channels. There are conversations from prior to the event detailing who would be doing what and for how much. On top of that, these players have admitted to and been punished for similar behaviors in the past. One of the participants actually had Dishonor on his main, so he shouldn’t have been able to participate at all.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Well Azukas, while my wording could have been better, and I appreciate your argument….

It’s just one big joke. We have a whole team doing petty dishonest garbage, and the other people being opportunistic and gross.

I can really only truthfully deduct one thing. A decent percentage of this already crap scene is filled with losers. Thank you all for reaffirming the caliber of people carrying the torch. It’d be really cool if teams wouldn’t act like this in the first place, but being immature is meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

How can anyone cry about this? This is Jebro’s tournament so he can ban whoever he wants if he thinks they are bad for the game.

If you dont like it then dont watch. This is nothing to do with any of you. Make your own tournament if you think you can do better

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

You know all the bad things you hear about NA (drama, toxicity etc..) it all stems back to that Abjured group. Im happy they are getting a hard look at, its about time. They have stunted the NA scene until it started to permanently die away.

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Last I checked, account sharing was against the EULA.

More importantly, the players themselves received dishonor for a reason; they’ve abused the rules and aren’t supposed to be participating in any more automated tournaments than they are ranked matches. They circumvented this ban by playing on other players’ accounts. You really don’t see the significance behind that?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

It’s worth noting that only one of the participating players had Dishonor.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

jebro.6370

Question has there been any actual definitive proof of this incident? Since as of yet none has been provided and if no one has any definitive proof how can you ban players from a tournament on grounds of them cheating?

Or is solely based on baseless accusations of a certain player that is upset thy lost akittennce they claim (key word here) to have proof but refuse to divulge it?

Temporary, we are awaiting further details. As I said in this uncertain situation we have chosen to take this action.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Jebro’s tournament, his call. If you don’t like it you know where you can stick it and just not watch or donate.

Besides, it’s not like he’s doing something out of the ordinary or particularly pushing the envelope with this decision, you cheat in sports, you usually get banned from similar events.

in PvP

nothelseth.4621

If you’re against the choice talk to jebro about having your money back, dont watch the tourn and dont support it

if you are for the choice donate money to the tourn, watch the tourn and make sure everyone else does

money talks

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

It does not matter.
This is a community event and is overseen by Jebro. He can do whatever he feels is necessary as the admin of the tournament. If that does not sit well with you then too bad. Maybe host your own event with your own rules?

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Paul.2054

Paul.2054

I think you should just respect who ppl choose to ban from their tournaments for their own reasons. Don’t forget the ppl you banned from participating in your own tournament who you must admit would have been competitive in some sort of aspect but were not allowed to compete for essentially being shady as hell.

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Jebro’s tournament, his call. If you don’t like it you know where you can stick it and just not watch or donate.

Besides, it’s not like he’s doing something out of the ordinary or particularly pushing the envelope with this decision, you cheat in sports, you usually get banned from similar events.

Who cheated?

2 teams of 5 played and 1 team won. People are upset about the shared accounts, who cares? If i want to say im the best MMA fighter in the world i would have to fight everyone in front of me and win. Jeffs team lost and many of the Top NA players dont like that Abjured went on others accounts and beat them again.

If Anet doesnt wasnt to address these issues S5, S6 , S7 and it continues on threw on AT.

Why does Jebro get the chance to cut out the best players in the game. Honestly only 2 teams in NA were worth the hype in the Abjured and EZ PZ.

You take those 2 teams out and the question becomes why even bother?

Its Jebro tournament but it does a disservice to the community if you want to see the best teams play. When Anet themselves are not even punishing the players.

Its like being accused of a crime, losing your job, wife and kids leaving you, family and friends turning there back on you and in the end the courts find you not guilty of any wrong doing.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I think you should just respect who ppl choose to ban from their tournaments for their own reasons. Don’t forget the ppl you banned from participating in your own tournament who you must admit would have been competitive in some sort of aspect but were not allowed to compete for essentially being shady as hell.

Shots fired. I heard rumors about that but wasn’t sure if it was true or not.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Keyba.9570

1) this isn’t mma this is guild wars.
2) you can’t have gsp fight me so you get the belt and get to call yourself the champion

Revenant is life

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

If you’re against the choice talk to jebro about having your money back, dont watch the tourn and dont support it

if you are for the choice donate money to the tourn, watch the tourn and make sure everyone else does

money talks

the money wont do anything, boxing threw money at HW boxing but no one was watching because everyone could see that these guys were not in the best of shape and didnt go at one another.

Same will happen, all someone has to do is go " Jebro how do you think the Abjured would of done in this tournament" and boom the box is open.

You have tournaments to find who the best are and no amount of money will fix the issue of competitive games with the best players in the game with unique team comps people would actually want to watch and play.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

1) this isn’t mma this is guild wars.
2) you can’t have gsp fight me so you get the belt and get to call yourself the champion

Take any sport or competitive scene.

To be LHW champ in UFC you have to beat DC or JJ and maybe both. If you want to be a NBA champ you have to beat the warriors. If you want to be the boxing champ you have to beat Anthony Joshua.

Guess what in GW2 NA if you want to be considered the best you have to beat the Abjured.

If the Abjured are not in the tournament then i guess its a semi pro tournament.

We are in S7 and guess what Anet has let GSP fight everyone to get the belt else where so lets not pretend this is the first time its happened. I mean we can go all the back back to S2 for smurfing, Diamonds queing with emeralds and playing against rubys who had no chance. Jeffs team lost, i dont think letting silver have gold just because we want to be morale now in S7 changes the system. Especially in a community funded tournament.

Side Note- +1 on Paul dropping bombs on nonhelseth

The heat is being brought to the forums today

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Who cheated?

2 teams of 5 played and 1 team won. People are upset about the shared accounts, who cares? If i want to say im the best MMA fighter in the world i would have to fight everyone in front of me and win. Jeffs team lost and many of the Top NA players dont like that Abjured went on others accounts and beat them again.

If Anet doesnt wasnt to address these issues S5, S6 , S7 and it continues on threw on AT.

Why does Jebro get the chance to cut out the best players in the game. Honestly only 2 teams in NA were worth the hype in the Abjured and EZ PZ.

You take those 2 teams out and the question becomes why even bother?

Its Jebro tournament but it does a disservice to the community if you want to see the best teams play. When Anet themselves are not even punishing the players.

Its like being accused of a crime, losing your job, wife and kids leaving you, family and friends turning there back on you and in the end the courts find you not guilty of any wrong doing.

Think you’re kind of running away with what I put especially in the last part, I don’t think anyone is going to have families broken up by Jebro’s decision.

I neither confirmed or denied cheating either, just said that when you cheat in sports, even doing dishonest things that aren’t in the spirit of the competition, you can usually find yourself banned from other events of such nature.

It’s Jebro’s decision, he’s made it, support or don’t support it.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

I do understand the point that jebro’s actions may affect the “entertaining” aspects of the tournament. Cutting out some of the best players NA has to offer can be seen as a disservice in the sense that you are reducing the competition.

However, if you only consider that fact to disapprove of Jebro’s actions, then you are not truly thinking about the whole picture here and are placing your beliefs and values above others. And that, frankly, is the definition of short-sightedness.

Think about what cost this has to the scene. These players have already demonstrated immoral behaviour that is in direct contrast to the ToS and is perma-bannable. And yes, there is a pattern of such behaviour in NA, which has been linked to the same individuals. If these actions do not go unpunished, what kind of message does it send to the community? The message is that such behaviour is okay. Sure, it might not send the same message to you, but that is besides the point-you have to think about the community as a whole.

Not only that, but this is kittening jebro’s tourney. He can do whatever he wants, to a degree of course (blocking certain players must be justified and not discriminatory). Just like how you can’t tell an individual how to run a legal shop, you can’t tell jebro how to run his tournament. Just like how if you ran a tournament, I wouldn’t go up to you and tell you that you what groups you can’t exclude or not.

And I also think that people are overvaluing the skill level of the accused individuals here. Will the competitive community suffer once they are gone? At this point in time, I can confidently say “no”. All the matches were extremely close at the semi-finals and finals, and there also has been a recent surge in new blood into the competitive scene. There isn’t that much of a difference in the skill levels between these accused individuals and the rest of the community outside of notoriety and egotistical behaviour.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

(edited by Aeroxe.8140)

in PvP

Posted by: Paul.2054

Paul.2054

Shots fired. I heard rumors about that but wasn’t sure if it was true or not.

To be fair these players were known for things such as DDoSing and such but I personally had to sort the situation out and realize that there were other ppl on that team effected by the bans of those two players. It was his rules and I enforced them on those players but I just think he should respect that ppl wish others not to play for reasons including integrity of competitive play within the community in general.

I know just as well as everyone some of the best players in NA are banned because of this. I do truly believe ppl should be held accountable for their actions however and if ANet refuses to act then jebro showing some initiative is fine with me. I say this all the time in regards to this situation but this wouldn’t fly in any other game and if people refuse to take action it won’t stop as I see it.

I’m not competitive anymore but I still follow the scene and know a lot of ppl involved including all of the players effected by this and simply think that if nothing is done the community will die off even more than it already has.

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

in PvP

jebro.6370

The staff had a meeting. This was a group decision which I stand by.

in PvP

Keyba.9570

@kdaddy my point is I can’t hire Jon Jones to beat Daniel cormier so I can be called the champion

To the players points we wouldn’t mind ABJ winning and being called the champion, but instead they won so 5 players who won’t out in the time to get better could be called champions. Whether you take that serious or not is your opinion but I’m sure Jon Jones would not mind if the person who officially beat him was recognized as a champ not some random person with money

Revenant is life

(edited by Keyba.9570)

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

This situation is NOT complicated. This isn’t about viewership or money. This is about having ethical standards. Those disagreeing with UGO’s decision based on the former should take a deeper look at how we’ve gotten to this point in the first place…

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

How can anyone cry about this? This is Jebro’s tournament so he can ban whoever he wants if he thinks they are bad for the game.

If you dont like it then dont watch. This is nothing to do with any of you. Make your own tournament if you think you can do better

Pretty much this.^

Kudos to the staff at UGO for attempting to maintain a respectable and competitive environment. I feel this was an appropriate response based on the information provided. They have a reasonable level of suspicion that the alleged events occurred, and issued a temporary ban pending further investigation of the incident. Seems completely reasonable to me.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

From your post, it’s like you’re ok with rule breaking. Shouldn’t you support the tourney’s decision to remove rule breakers, since you’re one of the top players in this game? Don’t all champions have honor and integrity?

in PvP

Posted by: Etch.9453

Etch.9453

u want your proof here is your proof
http://imgur.com/a/0qJDL

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

The best part about it is that you don’t have to be in agreement, deal with it. As long as he isn’t blatantly biased on how he runs his own tournament and keeping it fair for all players involved then frankly nobody cares if you agree or not. If it comes to a point where he ends up being a scummy chum then his little tournament will dissolve and someone else I’m sure will try and pick it up where he left off with something new.

Countless

in PvP

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

There is no fake outrage, most players in NA want these players to be gone and to never return to the game. I’m not a communist or something; I don’t believe in top players being banned from competitions to let lower level teams feel better about themselves. That being said, I definitely care about top players setting an example and playing the game the RIGHT way, not account sharing and getting rewards for awful players, and if Anet isn’t going to do anything, then at least Jebro is going to remove them and give the money from his tournament to people who are more deserving of it such as Jeff and friends who actually play the game.

RIP Warrior

in PvP

jebro.6370

We are not enacting a punishment on behalf of Arenanet.

We prefer to keep the integrity and true spirit of the UGO in tact. This information can also be found in our ruleset. This is a temporary ban.

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Thank you

Removed from the topic itself (I have no comment), this comment is five levels of horseshit and confirmation bias. You can’t just say ‘oh no these people only want them removed because they can’t win’ like you know exactly what they think about. It’s the hardest level of armchair psychology I’ve ever seen.

Please remove your forum signature, you are actually the person here that makes the least sense.

Actually I make the most sense considering that even "not"helseth agrees as well as many others who actually are having logical thoughts about this.

No one would have made a fuss about it unless the team that lost in the finals didn’t post name & shame threads on this forum kittening up a storm b/c they felt their golden cookie was stolen from them. They got beat in the finals and threw temper tantrums.

Fact of the matter is they aren’t good enough to be talking. If they were they would have won the match and this wouldn’t be an issue, but they lost.

Also go through the UGO rules and tell me where this alleged violation breaks any rules of UGO. Please I’m waiting for someone to post it.

Now if this were to happen in an UGO sponsored tournament then YES reprecussions are needed, BUT you can’t hold ppl responsible due to Anet’s lack of ability to patrol their own game.

Besides no cheating was done. The abjured players were going to win no matter what…..they just decided that $400 > in game rewards. Can’t fault ppl for that cause every single one of us would have done the same thing.

Thanks

in PvP

jebro.6370

Good day,

I apologise if you have been misinformed about the current situation. I have spoken to a majority of players, community members and viewers about this occurrence.

If you believe that one person is able to convince an entire organisation which is run democratically to ban others I am afraid that you are sadly mistaken.

If we see cheating in the game mode which is the feature of our tournament, we will act. To run an organisation you must have rules. This enables a safe and structured environment to foster a positive gameplay experience and environment. If we feel this is in breach of our ethics we will act.

Please refer to the start of the thread mentioning temporary ban. If things change, we will change our stance.

Thanks.

Jebro

in PvP

Azukas.1426

We are not enacting a punishment on behalf of Arenanet.

We prefer to keep the integrity and true spirit of the UGO in tact. This information can also be found in our ruleset. This is a temporary ban.

Then you need to temp ban the players who ran to the public forum crying foul as well along with Olrun’s team.

The integrity of those people is far worse then anything that was done in the AT. The people in the AT at least had the fortitude to be men about what they wanted.

Thank you