Upcoming Changes to Skills

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

ele: step in right direction but sceptre will still underperform

Guard:…hehehe hahaha slow is STRONG and stunbreakproof…THEY ACTUALLY BUFFED DH…I am sooooooooooo sorrrrry for these guys…https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Anything-being-done-about-Broken-DH-trapper/first

Mesmer: this+sage amulet…oh do they just revived bunker mes!? Oh my….

Rev: Something here is WRONG. If build is great only when somebody has brain and skill to use it..WHY YOU PUNISH IT!? Sorry Gale but ,,slightly" is very bad choice of words here.

It’s nice that pvp balance team and skill team started to work together but…. these changes in some cases won’t improve build diversity…ele will stay as healbot forever…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Lots of great feedback in this thread! I see a lot of concern about the nerfs to revenant so I would like to discuss those a bit more.

Surge of the Mists is a skill that does everything. It evades attacks, is a massive cc, and does a huge amount of damage. The defensive capability and cc fit well with the rest of the staff set, so we felt the damage was the best spot to bring the skill down a bit. 50% is certainly a big reduction, but consider just how much damage this skill does right now. Even after the nerf it will still take a chunk out of a squishy’s health bar, in addition to providing cc setup for another skill (and teammates).

Precision Strike is another skill that we felt did too much damage on its own, particularly when all 3 projectiles hit one player. This is another case of a big reduction on a skill that does a ton of damage, resulting in a skill that still does a reasonable amount of damage.

In general, revenant isn’t lacking in sources of damage. Unrelenting Assault, Facets of Strength, Elements, and Chaos, Equilibrium, and sword autoattack are all strong damage skills as well. Precision Strike and Surge of the Mists will continue to bring relevant damage to the table, so rev should still have plenty of damage to go around.

With that said, we will definitely be keeping a close eye on things going into the season.

This is the 3rd nerf to SotM ! As someone pointed out earlier , the skill will be doing 36!! % damage of what it used to at launch , that’s pathetic .. yes it might somewhat hurt a squishy thief , but will do nothing to a guardian or necro or good engine – who can already face tank it . Let’s not forget that it’s highly telegraphed and easily dodgeable/blockable.
And precision strike , honestly have you even tried it ? It still misses a lot / goes all over the place , and now when it does hit , it will hit like a wet noodle.
If you wanna tone thing down slightly , you know what are better numbers? 15% , not freaking 33 and 50%.. it honestly hurts my brain how you can use slightly and 50% in the same sentence

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

RIP Power Rev…..Mallyx change good tho.

remove of Daze from traps is a big nerf. No more interrupts. I suppose slow fits in with the DH having poor mobility so helps to stay on target.

I guess Condi builds on the rise again. Burn Guard and Condi Rev.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

remove of Daze from traps is a big nerf. No more interrupts. I suppose slow fits in with the DH having poor mobility so helps to stay on target.

Like there weren’t enough condi druids , necros, mesmers, engis, thieves , warriors ..

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

Lynx Rune is basically just Rune of the Elementalist with +25% movement speed instead of +20% burn/chill duration if you want to see how it affects your stats with existing amulets.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Like there weren’t enough condi druids , necros, mesmers, engis, thieves , warriors ..

yup….i mean doubling passive burn duration and nerfing traps….makes we want to just use purging flames, smite condition, judges intervention on a burn build with the new deadshot amulet. (supreme justice for the aoe passive burn procs in team fights)

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

ele: step in right direction but sceptre will still underperform

Guard:…hehehe hahaha slow is STRONG and stunbreakproof…THEY ACTUALLY BUFFED DH…I am sooooooooooo sorrrrry for these guys…https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Anything-being-done-about-Broken-DH-trapper/first

Mesmer: this+sage amulet…oh do they just revived bunker mes!? Oh my….

Rev: Something here is WRONG. If build is great only when somebody has brain and skill to use it..WHY YOU PUNISH IT!? Sorry Gale but ,,slightly" is very bad choice of words here.

It’s nice that pvp balance team and skill team started to work together but…. these changes in some cases won’t improve build diversity…ele will stay as healbot forever…

I dont rly care that much about slow, imo daze had a lot more uses, imo is a nerf. Also, sage mesm will heal pretty much the same it heals now as they nerf base healing

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Chungo.3169

Chungo.3169

Lots of great feedback in this thread! I see a lot of concern about the nerfs to revenant so I would like to discuss those a bit more.

Surge of the Mists is a skill that does everything. It evades attacks, is a massive cc, and does a huge amount of damage. The defensive capability and cc fit well with the rest of the staff set, so we felt the damage was the best spot to bring the skill down a bit. 50% is certainly a big reduction, but consider just how much damage this skill does right now. Even after the nerf it will still take a chunk out of a squishy’s health bar, in addition to providing cc setup for another skill (and teammates).

Precision Strike is another skill that we felt did too much damage on its own, particularly when all 3 projectiles hit one player. This is another case of a big reduction on a skill that does a ton of damage, resulting in a skill that still does a reasonable amount of damage.

In general, revenant isn’t lacking in sources of damage. Unrelenting Assault, Facets of Strength, Elements, and Chaos, Equilibrium, and sword autoattack are all strong damage skills as well. Precision Strike and Surge of the Mists will continue to bring relevant damage to the table, so rev should still have plenty of damage to go around.

With that said, we will definitely be keeping a close eye on things going into the season.

Excuse me, I can not understand what it says about skill rotations since they do not always impact, you are literally expelling from the game the revs since they were taken out of raids and now from pvp … as main rev and the only character I use I think I’m going to run to another place. Thank you

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Rev tears incoming they can’t play brainless anymore. It will still be one of the strongest pvp classes. As dev said you have skills that does everything too much work for you = overtuned. Survivability + cc + high damage in 1 skill = just lol. I checked my nec and nowhere i see skills even close to this one.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Condi Druid can’t use that junk. No healing = No Druid. Druid is useless without healing, credits to the last diversity patch.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Warlyx.6732

Warlyx.6732

Surge of the Mists

October 27, 2015

Reduced the damage by 15%.

May 03, 2016

Reduced the damage of this skill by 15%.

December X , 2016

Reduced the damage by 50%.

Unknow , 2017

Skill has been removed from the game.

(edited by Warlyx.6732)

in PvP

Posted by: mov.1246

mov.1246

Seems the devs are looking at this thread.
I will talk about my concerns about engi rifle:
Rifle is in a bad spot now, you just have to look at the engis forum, there are a lot of suggenstions and ideas how it could be improved.

Theoritical rifle damage isnt THAT bad, the problem is the fact that it is very hard to land any good damage.
Bluderbuss on a 10 sec CD and jump shot on a 20 sec CD is just to much to provide a good sustained damage during a fight.
In addition to that, HoT projectile hate is out of control (especially in wvw).
Overcharged shot is in most cases a self CC because to much random spam of stability, blinds, blocks or reflects, and I see auto attacks also often beeing destroyed or reflected.

At the moment rifle needs at least one damage kit to be effective. That isnt bad, but this is a lost slot for an utility skill. You need to take grenades, FT or a SD build, but all of this are also suffer to projectile hate or retaliation damage.
Cool downs are too long to be a stand alone weapon without swapping kits.

Hammer provides defensive aspects on 3 skills (reflect, evade, block) I know that a melee weapon needs more defensive because you stand directly in the fight. But spvp is about holding little points, so hammer is always the better choice. Hammer provides good defensives, low cool downs and good damage.
But nerfing scrapper wont solve the problem, the problem is the game mod itself in relation to rifle. That means only adjusting numbers for rifle is uselsess, it really needs an overhaul to its mechanics, defensives and cool downs.
I.E. net shot needs proper target landing, blunderbuss could be unblockable, overcharged shot needs to remove its self CC and it shouldnt count as projectile, and jump shot needs an evade frame IMO.

Also I dont understand why the only rifle trait is in the condi trait line?
Firearms trait line either need more real rifle specific traits, or at least this single trait should be baseline.

TL;DR: Engi rifle needs an overhaul. Only adjusting numbers will not solve the problem.

in PvP

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

I just find it funny Revenant is balanced around always having being Herald and not an actual Revenant… I play Herald (only be force as playing base Revenant isn’t viable without the condi build). With the introduction with even more condition amulets and runes (yeah go type in condition in the pvp search panel for runes and you will see nearly double condition ones then power) along with amulets which keep on coming with condition. Oh don’t forget the even more bonus to Burning on Dragon hunter which was not needed what so ever as they spam outrageous burn as it is will place Herald completely out of anything unless focusing on surviving conditions which is completely boring as heck. (Oh and don’t say team cleanse as what we got now is almost all soloq now and people simply don’t care to help their teammates (yeah in all seasons never had any team do much support other then ele in season 2 and 3 and that was random spam of skills and also if lucky to even draw an ele) . Oh and just so you know the only reason people are upset over the DPS removal on Herald is because it is the main way to make sure they don’t die from everything else… (make sure they dead first) So add ways for them to survive and this outrage will be toned down a lot.

Engi: I got no idea why this was even touched… I never had issues landing “spikes” Only thing that screws me up on Rifle Engi is the terrible line of sight of the weapon itself…. that is only thing killing rifle atm for all classes.. (BTW If you play Dragon Hunter their auto attack and skills aren’t easily canceled by a simple movement to the right and near the target which makes them way easier to play then any other ranged class probably since it was made later in game development.. this anyone can test out for themselves.. DH ranged combat flows better and less interrupted by movement of target then the others)

DH: Thank god the daze on traps is gone… But however trap spam is not being addressed at all. What happened to risk vs reward with skills? If you do a trap spam you should make it count and if you don’t you get punished. Right now traps are a spam fest which a 5 year old can play… its so sad.

Necro: Necro I actually feel is in a decent spot.. however last update was kind of wonky and wasn’t needed… I mained necro for years and the changes however I do like them feel simply random. The only thing that needs to be done here to open up Necro to build diversity is to make vital persistence degeneration of life force permanent.. however at 25% instead of 50%.. Also Death Shroud needs something added to it and giving the DS2 a rework in function by making it a AOE teleport ( you can even make it slow moving like it is now and give it Blind ) to give it some utility. You can even essentially copy the Shadow Fiens Haunt skill and simply use that animation (which is awesome) to this DS2 to make it better look and feel. The Auto on Death shroud is perfect as it is even though I know a lot don’t agree.

Mesmer with shield skills which essentially with low cooldowns and simply spams them constantly still not being touched… you have a 3 second block on a Mesmer which is outrageous (put it at 2 seconds total) with its cooldown with Persistence of Memory trait and Alacrity (oh and don’t forget Continuum Split so double shield blocking) but the healing in Inspiration trait line was touched? lmao. Im sorry but that Restorative Illusions im sure wasn’t taken for the heal which was decent but mostly for the condition cleanse… at least that is how I looked at it all the time I took it on my Mesmer.

It is mind boggling how through observations of pvp these nerfs and changes are made time and time again lol you can tell the focus on pvp is non existent and random changes are being made simply to satisfy peoples minds of balance update. It does not take a rocket scientist to create balance and diversity in this game but here we go with changes which I literally sat reading with basically a what the * face through it all. Zero attempts addressing a few elite specs with completely overbearing traits that need to be looked at or even completely changed which I don’t even need to list as people complain all the time about.

Sorry for my rant but I really did expect a big list of changes to address what the community has been complaining about for at least 6 months now… I just hope this is only a sample list. I know my balance ideas will never be known or done so yea ill just leave it there.. sorry if I bug anyone xD… I’m just passionate on how things can be with proper attention.

(edited by LinhZeri.6412)

in PvP

Posted by: Gibbonz.7219

Gibbonz.7219

Well unfortunately this nerfs to rev will make it basically unplayable. SOTS is dumb burst that anyone can evade if ur careful enough.. Yeah not gonna play for a while because this nerf are just becoming more and more stupid .

in PvP

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

The guardian change seems ok, it nice that they pushing base guard as the healing support spec and dragon hunter as the damage spec.

Honestly I don’t feel guardians have the tools to play as full on healers, maybe the new patch will change my mind, but their healing abilities are too spread out too be effective trait-wise. Shouts have a healing utility, meditations have a healing utility, consecrations have a healing utility, spirit weapons have a healing utility, and signets have a healing utility too. However there’s not actually a utility line dedicated to healing so traiting for it is a nightmare, and the staff is only partially dedicated to healing, but not all the way because half of it is unfortunately dedicated to farming and swiftness botting.

I have no doubt that the next Guardian elite spec isn’t going to be healing/support based (as seemingly revealed by the leak), so if support guardians are viable/meta, it’ll probably be due to something like Virtue of Justice which looks kind of insanely strong now rather than a healing build or something.
I’m glad guardian healing/support abilities are being buffed, but it kind of just feels like they’re doing it so that people who are playing guardians for what they’re supposed to do aren’t too let down when they get another unsupportive elite spec.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Wow so you accept that Revs are indeed hard to master but yet you butcher them with massive damage nerfs… 33% – 50% damage reductions is kittening huge what the kitten… and once again higher CDs while having energy costs as well……………….

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

in PvP

Posted by: Blackdagger.9670

Blackdagger.9670

I seriously don’t understand why Anet PvP designers hate power based pvp builds so much. I am really having trouble to see what lies behind this condition oriented transitions are always the top focus for them and wonder why they only want this game’s pvp to becondition and bunker based.
Why you want to destroy most fun yet hard to play class? Why this game must be condi storm or gtfo game?
Remember season 1 how boring and worst era of pvp history in gw2, well prepare to embrace it again.
These nerfs to Revenant, will change the phase and flow of pvp once again, but in a negative way.
I am so upset to hear this. PvP in gw2 is all I have about this game, don’t take it away by bringing unbalance and boredom. Anet, I am sorry but you are not considered “good” on adjusting balance and bringing new systems into pvp. Your history of pvp updates caused more problems. Really don’t wanna remember season 1 and before.

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Rev tears incoming they can’t play brainless anymore. It will still be one of the strongest pvp classes. As dev said you have skills that does everything too much work for you = overtuned. Survivability + cc + high damage in 1 skill = just lol.

Rev was pretty much the most demanding (meta) class in the game before this patch: only one viable build, highly vulnerable to conditions, highly vulnerable to cc, no viable access to stability, predictable heals with weak effects, skills with cooldowns + high energy cost, lack of flexibility to arrange your build… The strong burst + good mobility and evades were the only redemptive feats.

You could argue that was strong, but only in skillful hands because I had no problems facing Revs using other heavy armor classes which are far easier to play. I did leave power Rev in June (nerfs in mobility)and condi Rev in October (nerfs in stability) because just doesn’t cut anymore: is basically a conglomerate of weakness and holes and bugs that was rushed “ready to the expansion”.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Wow so you accept that Revs are indeed hard to master but yet you butcher them with massive damage nerfs… 33% – 50% damage reductions is kittening huge what the kitten… and once again higher CDs while having energy costs as well……………….

Exactly! they are hard to master and so now with the nerfs to damage why would anyone want to play it? Why not take an easy to play class like druid or DH?

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Rev might be hard to master but it was the only class stacked in esl back when stacking was allowed and rev has always been used in every pro team since. I think if you ask pro pvp players they might even tell you power rev is a bit too much. I rather wait to see how the changes play out first before deciding if it’s too much or too little.

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I know everyone complains about Rev, but can you explain your reasoning behind the nerfs to mesmer? I get it, restorative illusions was too strong when combined with illusionary reversion and chronophantasma. I don’t really have a problem with this change (though ideally it would have been left the same, but updated so that any illusion generated by chronophantasma/illusionary reversion didn’t count for healing purposes). But I’m struggling to understand why you increased the CD on echo of memory.

These changes hurt both power and condi builds for mesmer/chrono yet only condi was overperforming. Why didn’t you simply nerf condi chrono instead by taking away some of its insane access to both torment and confusion? That would have brought it in line the same by reducing its damage output and how dangerous it was without also needlessly nerfing power builds?

Also, separate question. But why were none of the nerfs brought over to PvE? I understand why you might not want to bring nerfs to PvE (and I love that the nerfs stay in PvP only), but why in the world did the buffs not get carried over to PvE as well? They were some good buffs

in PvP

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Rev tears incoming they can’t play brainless anymore. It will still be one of the strongest pvp classes. As dev said you have skills that does everything too much work for you = overtuned. Survivability + cc + high damage in 1 skill = just lol. I checked my nec and nowhere i see skills even close to this one.

Pretty much. I still think they’ll be good.

in PvP

Posted by: Wishes.3021

Wishes.3021

I think the rev nerfs just take rev from absolutely 100% compulsory in a team down to a strong choice if the player is really good. Sort of like mesmer, but not exactly because mesmer is actually optimal but can’t say the same yet about rev post nerfs. We’ll have to see

Rev still has some of the best cleave in the game with quickness sword auto and staff 5 with malicious reprisal+legend swap is still an unblockle burst which CCs

(edited by Wishes.3021)

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

The fear-mongering is strong in this thread.

Revs won’t be a dead class, and it’s nerf isn’t destroying all of PvP as we know it.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

It’s strange, during last season, and current mid season, I hardly see any Rev around. I mostly see DHs. Maybe all the Rev are in the uber top tier or ESL. However after this nerf, I doubt the people at top tier will use it.

We all know Rev is super damaging but very weak against condi, now Anet take away the burst, what’s left is an average damaging profession that’s hard to play and extremely weak against condi. Basically there is no point using it.

As others on the Rev thread have pointed out, perhaps this nerf is a good thing, if anything it will point out the glaring issues Revant has always had that Anet did nothing about, simply because it did great damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

Why not implement the changes RIGHT AFTER one season and then do another balance patch RIGHT BEFORE the next one, taking in consideration the feedback of off-season changes?

I doubt you haven’t thought of that, yet i cant figure out why it isnt done

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Maybe this isn’t a nerf to revenant, its a nerf to skill and skilled players?

If revenant is seen as the tricky class to master and effective in the hands of a good player, perhaps this is an attempt to prune off the best players and make a level playing field for casual pvp?

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

If revenant is seen as the tricky class to master and effective in the hands of a good player, perhaps this is an attempt to prune off the best players and make a level playing field for casual pvp?

Wut? lol

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Pretty much. I still think they’ll be good.

You both will have great fun in the season once pugs start to stack Druids and Tempest and the matches will be decided in the first minute of the game when a team gets two control points with unkillable tanks.

Since I got the leg backpack in S3 I myself will save time, efforts and the shame of going back to the S1 meta in which no casualties were allowed.

in PvP

bigmonto.4215

Huh, this makes no sense, nerfing a hard-to-play classes basically makes that class harder to play. There is no point a casual pvper will even bother to pick it up.

Now if Anet would say fix Rev’s other issues, like lack of condi cleanse. I can see more casual pvper’s pick it up.

in PvP

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Next

For those asking about it: We’ll be keeping tabs on a few of the buff (+nerf) splits and will take them into other parts of the game in future updates, as is seen fitting.
Thanks for your continued feedback!

-Karl

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Stop saying that, they aren’t hard to do anything with. There’s not a single profession or build in this entire game that is hard to get good with.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

For those asking about it: We’ll be keeping tabs on a few of the buff (+nerf) splits and will take them into other parts of the game in future updates, as is seen fitting.

-Karl

Hey Karl,

Why wasn’t Lynx rune added to PvE/WvW?

Also, do “PvP” changes also mean the skill will function that way in WvW?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

-Karl

While you’re here:

Are there also skill changes for warrior, necromancer and ranger coming next week as well? The skill balance preview didn’t include them so i assume they won’t be receiving changes on this specific patch?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Why not implement the changes RIGHT AFTER one season and then do another balance patch RIGHT BEFORE the next one, taking in consideration the feedback of off-season changes?

I doubt you haven’t thought of that, yet i cant figure out why it isnt done

You mean like how Anet dropped a balance patch on Oct 18th RIGHT AFTER the end of season 4? Which is followed by a balance patch on December 13th RIGHT BEFORE season 5 starts?

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

I understand the nerfs to damage revenant builds, but I’m really honestly shocked that a year and some months after launch of HoT, we still don’t have any bug fixes for many of our abilities that don’t work properly, like Mace 2 not working on the slightest slant of terrain, Unrelenting Assault randomly not working or stopping mid animation, Jalis hammers disabling themselves when they touch a wall, and the list goes on.

The revenant class needs some serious bug addressing, and as someone with three level 80 revenants and many hours playing the class, my patience is running thin with these game-breaking bug that have existed since the beginning, yet appear to receive no attention every time skill updates make their way through.

Could you guys at least acknowledge these bugs exist and that you’ll look into them? That would be the best baby step to restoring some of my faith in the team.

in PvP

Posted by: Cal Cohen

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

So my biggest concern with nerfing rev is the following:

So first of all let’s be honest ele is pretty dam strong atm, not taking an ele in your team is basically not even considered. An ele had to choose between different traits according to matchups making it weak against some things and strong against other things. But if you nerf rev thus letting ele just take diamond skin, what will kill ele?

• thief? It’s not even sure if thief will be meta but if it is, a thief can’t stick to an ele as a rev and simply can’t afford it as they die to aoe cleave.
  • guard? With the amount of projectile hate from the ele itself and other classes ( scrapper), it’s quite hard for the guard to kill the ele or other targets in teamfights.

I think this will result in ele being over the top and simply not dying in teamfights as they can just fully spec against condi builds thus making the teamfights last much longer as the ele heals not only himself but obviously heals his allies by a large amount.

This is a valid concern and something we thought about as well. We will be paying close attention to the survivability of tankier builds given the nerfs to revenant.

@Cal Cohen

The change to Piercing Light is PvP only, right?

This change will be applied in all game modes.

cmc in game

in PvP

Crinn.7864

like Mace 2 not working on the slightest slant of terrain, Unrelenting Assault randomly not working or stopping mid animation, Jalis hammers disabling themselves when they touch a wall, and the list goes on.

The terrain issues are shared by a lot of skills, which makes me think that it’s problem rooted somewhere deep in the engine. Problems like that are difficult fixes and are what leave programmers awake at night.

Although yeah it will be a good day when those bugs are fixed. (and necro GS 5 too plz)

YouTube

in PvP

Crinn.7864

So my biggest concern with nerfing rev is the following:

So first of all let’s be honest ele is pretty dam strong atm, not taking an ele in your team is basically not even considered. An ele had to choose between different traits according to matchups making it weak against some things and strong against other things. But if you nerf rev thus letting ele just take diamond skin, what will kill ele?

Revs having less offense means that there will be less pressure on Necros, and Necros are a very strong bunker breaker.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

They destroyed my beloved rev….this really rewally sucks. I dont get it, why force revenant play condi since mace skills still very buggy….

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

We will see how these things work out. Cool to see you making small PvP-focused balance tuning and hinting at more of these during seasons.

The main problem with Revenant as a whole is that when you nerf Power Revenant, you essentialy nerf all Revenant builds, no matter if Mallyx, Jalis or Ventari. Pretty much all PvP builds vary with 1 specialization and 1 weapon set + amulet from each other and that’s been the case for a long time.

Cutting sword/staff also hurts all builds. Simply because there are no alternatives. Clear example of it are Mallyx builds which are forced into going Hybrid because there is no second condition weapon set other than Mace. Myself and many players highlighted that issue during BWEs after weapon swap was added to the class, I even suggested how a bonus condition weapon could work like back then, but nothing has been done. I know that this thing is probably coming in some shape or form in the next expansion, but it’s so crucial that it should’ve been baseline.

There is no going away from stacking boon duration either, because baseline Resistance uptime after nerfs is too low. It also makes Condition Revenant extremaly Energy-starved because maintaining reasonable Resistance uptime without couple allies nearby requires heavy use of Pain Absorption.

Won’t really talk about the problems with outdated Specializations, that’s not the case for PvP forum. But in general, Revenant could really use a major update.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

-Karl

While you’re here:

Are there also skill changes for warrior, necromancer and ranger coming next week as well? The skill balance preview didn’t include them so i assume they won’t be receiving changes on this specific patch?

I’m always here.
This update featured very directed changes with PvP specifically being the target, to herald in the new season and shake things up a bit. It’s not a full balance update and not all professions are being covered at this time.
Does this update substitute for a full balance update? No. We’ll still be doing game-wide balance updates in the future, in which case you’ll probably see a full spectrum of changes.

-Karl

in PvP

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Most def this will be ignored or hated but I gotta say it

If PvP and PVE skills are split then return the clone death mechanic as I literally picked the mesmer as my main for that mechanic alone and only play the game a fraction of what I used to play it in fact I probably spend more time skimming the forums than playing these days. I mained Mesmer I invested in Mesmer and were the only class to be tossed under the bus so hard that an entire mechanic was completely scrubbed from the game I’d probably have done a paid class change if it was available since I’m not an altoholic.

in PvP

bigmonto.4215

We will see how these things work out. Cool to see you making small PvP-focused balance tuning and hinting at more of these during seasons.

The main problem with Revenant as a whole is that when you nerf Power Revenant, you essentialy nerf all Revenant builds, no matter if Condition Mallyx or Ventari. Pretty much all PvP builds vary with 1 specialization and 1 weapon set + amulet from each other and that’s been the case for a long time.

Cutting sword/staff also hurts all builds. Simply because there are no alternatives. Clear example of it are Mallyx builds which are forced into going Hybrid because there is no second condition weapon set other than Mace. Myself and many players highlighted that issue during BWEs after weapon swap was added to the class, I even suggested how a bonus condition weapon could work like back then, but nothing has been done. I know that this thing is probably coming in some shape or form in the next expansion, but it’s so crucial that it should’ve been baseline.

There is no going away from stacking boon duration either, because baseline Resistance uptime after nerfs is too low. It also makes Condition Revenant extremaly Energy-starved because maintaining reasonable Resistance uptime without couple allies nearby requires heavy use of Pain Absorption.

Won’t really talk about the problems with outdated Specializations, that’s not the case for PvP forum. But in general, Revenant could really use a major update.

100% agree. Anet if you are going to nerf Rev’s damage, at least give it some more tools against codi or classes with pets.

in PvP

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I was reading and then noticed the 3 professions I mainly play are not in the list … not sure if that is good or bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

“Surge of the Mists: The damage of this ability has been reduced by 50% in PvP only.”

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! That skill hit WAY too hard for what it does. The other Rev changes look good too. Condi rev really needed a stunbreak and that’s a suitable skill to add it to.

For all those complaining that power Rev will no longer be viable, awesome! Power Rev will no longer be required on a team. If you are ever required on every single team to make it good, you are OP. These changes are necessary. The only thing I think should have been done instead is nerfing the AA instead of Precision Strike. Precision Strike requires more skill than AAing and it uses energy and has a CD. It’s also reflectable.

So stop crying and actually understand that nerfs to OP specs are necessary. This is a good thing. My favourite professions are Mesmer and Elementalist and they have been nerfed many times. Mesmer especially takes heavy nerfs to skills that don’t need them, but often times they take nerfs to skills that do need them, and I’m glad when they do that. Echo of Memory offered way too much sustain throughout the year, so they rightfully nerfed it. Ele healing was too good before so they rightfully nerfed it. Rev power damage is OP now, so they are going to rightfully nerf it. Rev condi spec needs a stunbreak, so they are rightfully buffing it.

Now, there’s one thing that I think is missing from all these changes:

A nerf to Daredevil’s Vault damage. That skill still hits way too hard. Just nerf it and give the damage to another skill (NOT THE AUTO ATTACK PLEASE).

(edited by Zintrothen.1056)

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

-Karl

I agree, some of those pvp-only splits should be global, especially in regards to small buffs to skills like arc lightning or virtue of justice’s burning duration. It’s not like PvE eles are spending their time using that AA much, or guardians gearing for condition damage, so I don’t see how those buffs would hurt PvE.

EDIT: If you want to make baseline guardian more viable, the solution lies in baseline traits. Radiance needs a good grandmaster trait for zerker dps builds. Move writ of persistence to that spot, and symbol builds will love radiance + zeal set ups, forcing them to choose between virtues and dragonhunter for the third line.

It’s quite a simple change that can (hopefully) do wonders.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

……PvP specifically being the target, to herald in the new season and shake things up a bit. …..
-Karl

Herald in the new season….just without any herald revs. :P

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Honestly, while I am very very happy to see pvp balancing, I am sad to say I also have issues with this.

I play 2 out of 3 game modes exclusively. I occasionally dabble in the third. The drastic differences (especially on CDs and whatnot) between game modes gets annoying.

All this will do is further lock people into specific game modes for their class.

If these were split with wvw & pvp vs pve, I might be less annoyed, but I must say, even though I play a class seeing a buff here (fresh air scepter ele) I am bothered by the lack of consistency in game modes.

I know most players love this, but it just really drives me nuts. :P

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Honestly, while I am very very happy to see pvp balancing, I am sad to say I also have issues with this.

I play 2 out of 3 game modes exclusively. I occasionally dabble in the third. The drastic differences (especially on CDs and whatnot) between game modes gets annoying.

All this will do is further lock people into specific game modes for their class.

If these were split with wvw & pvp vs pve, I might be less annoyed, but I must say, even though I play a class seeing a buff here (fresh air scepter ele) I am bothered by the lack of consistency in game modes.

I know most players love this, but it just really drives me nuts. :P

They aren’t that drastic of changes between game modes and they stated they will move some to universal after evaluation. The skills will function identically just different numbers.