Update the Dragon Finisher

in PvP

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Okay so I know this is only borderline PvP and it’s (probably?) not something the actual PvP team works on and is more likely to be a thing the Art team focuses on, but I figure this is best posted here.

Simply put, the Dragon finisher is kinda crap. The models and animations are pretty neat, but when you compare the finisher to something like Shark or Phoenix rank, it falls really short and many people I’ve spoken to agree that Dragon just doesn’t look they great.

I personally feel it has to do with the Dragon looking very grey and almost textureless. It does have some fine detail when you look at it closely, but it’s quite colourless and feels quite bland. My personal suggestion would be to maybe add a little more colour or shading to it or even give it the same ethereal look that all the other ranks have.

I know this is a bit lower on the priorities list but I feel that the highest ranked finisher should be the best one. I welcome any other opinions on this.

noice

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I like it. Maybe just have it last longer, so us noobs can appreciate it longer

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Shame it’s not orange, phoenix is my favorite.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Posted by: Veritas.3952

Veritas.3952

I have often wished that the first round of r 80’s ( those that became r 80 when the april 15th patch went live ) would get a separate finisher ( maybe a reskin of the dragon finisher ) as the grind to 55 or above was alot more than what the newer dragons have had to go through. It is of course a non-necessary notion, but It would be kinda nice and appreciated none the less.

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

I have often wished that the first round of r 80’s ( those that became r 80 when the april 15th patch went live ) would get a separate finisher ( maybe a reskin of the dragon finisher ) as the grind to 55 or above was alot more than what the newer dragons have had to go through. It is of course a non-necessary notion, but It would be kinda nice and appreciated none the less.

Let’s stay on topic. I think the kid was talking about the visuals of the current dragon.

Not about your leet status for grinding.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

getting to 55 then and 80 now were the exact same?

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Veritas.3952

Veritas.3952

Well i believe it was if you were rank 55 the old way you got bumped up to 80…im not sure if they are the same number of points respectively.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i have a feeling dragon lacks textures tbh, it is certanly too bleak and boring compared to shark and phoenix

personally using phoenix here even tho i am 80 :x

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

What needs to be done is adding a new Rank type system for PvP with rewards following. Skyhammer farming went on for so long that ANet decided to obliterate the current Rank system as it served no purpose (I feel this was probably the right thing to do given the circumstance we were in – should we have gotten to that stage is another, largely pointless now, argument). Having this Dragon finisher is not the flashy achievement that a reworking of it would imply.

Better create a new system of measure and attach your nice fancy effects for finishers to that project imo.

(Although I do completely agree the current Dragon is not aesteticly pleasing)

in PvP

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

I like using my legit low-end finisher on people with Legendary Champ titles on professions they know little about.

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in PvP

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

People, stay on topic.

I support the suggestions made.

Dragon finisher is indeed too grey and crappy… The dragon could bigger, have other colors and be more violent… a lot more violent… For example, spitting fire on the downed for a couple seconds then stand on the corps like smashing it with its legs.. and then leave by flying doing an impressive terrifying sound… You know… Something that makes the finisher of a Dragon ranked player more….. significant and admirable.

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

I find it weird how the Phoenix rank (which looks nice) and dragon rank don’t fit the ghostly look of all the previous ranks. I think they could have made it more like the previous ranks, but add more colours and effects or sounds.
I agree that the dragon finisher seems lack-luster. It just doesn’t seem…. finished. It’s nice, powerful and displays your rank but I think it could be a lot more “magnificent”.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

For some reason, dragon rank reminds me of dynasty warriors LuBu spear.
Something about a spear and the lightning on the spear when you do the dragon finisher.
Lemme tell you, “Don’t pursue Lu Bu.”

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

For some reason, dragon rank reminds me of dynasty warriors LuBu spear.
Something about a spear and the lightning on the spear when you do the dragon finisher.
Lemme tell you, “Don’t pursue Lu Bu.”

LuBu, excellent reference.

I think everyone needs to be realistic here too. Devs (probably) aren’t going to redo it from the ground up with smashing the corpse animations and stuff. But re-texturing/coloring/smoothing/scaling/ animation speed are, I think, doable.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

That’s because it was thrown together at the last second. It wasn’t even in the game prior to the April 2014 patch because they knew nobody was going to reach 80 anytime soon. That’s why it looks so different compared to the other finishers, plus all the good finishers are in the gem store, but I digress, I’d love for them to revamp the dragon, however I don’t see it happening, pvp has much more pressing issues.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in PvP

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Honestly I think a retexture would work wonders for the finsihers

noice

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Well i believe it was if you were rank 55 the old way you got bumped up to 80…im not sure if they are the same number of points respectively.

exactly…that’s why r80 means nothing since 15 april 2014

it’s so easy that pretty much anyone can get r80 in few months

Pvp just needs ranked based finishers…1 rank point for every ranked game you win, at least pve heroes can’t farm it

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

1.) R80 does not mean anything. Even lessen than our current ladder. It is just time invested. Maybe you just spent your time on one of the farm servers?

2.) The finisher is fine, I like it. I don’t like finishers cluttering the screen.

3.) If new finishers are designed, they should only be awarded in a kind of league system or available at the item shop.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

1.) R80 does not mean anything. Even lessen than our current ladder. It is just time invested. Maybe you just spent your time on one of the farm servers?

I wonder… What is the developer’s thoughts on this?

Rank 80 meaning nothing.
Are they ok with the highest rank in game to mean nothing?
Are they even aware that the highest rank in the game is considered nothing special by the community?