in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

which should not be promoted

Ventari rev build is unhealthy toxic gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

I saw a Ventari Rev believing to be immortal running mid get stomped under 4 seconds to 3 players (normal focus scenario). Here some good advice:

There’s a difference that bunker rev has compared to eles and druids. The latter two can do decent damage with their tankiness. Bunker rev has to run either Invocation or Devastation to increase damage. Druids have pets to help with damage, and eles have frequent attacks. Revs have fast-ish attacks, but nothing compared to ele and they don’t have any pets. You could run Invo/Salv/Herald with Glint/Ventari and Mender’s for high might stacking. This gives you some ok damage, but it’s still not as good as eles or druids because one does AoE better and the other has a pet. Rev just has the Glint AoE and weapon skills.

Now where rev bunker does excel at is defence and CC, and that’s because of the Ventari elite with the light field. You can use it with 10 energy and then activate the light field for two AoE cleanses and an AoE knockback. A competent rev who knows how to abuse the AoE blind along with the knockback can be hard to do any meaningful damage to, and even staying at range is difficult because the tablet can be moved almost anywhere to knock you back, but range is still better because the AoE blind only works around the rev.

So to fight one, stay out of range of the AoE blind, but don’t group together. You should reduce the impact of their skills as much as possible. Make it hard for them to pick up the healing orbs after the elite, and try to load them with condis when they can’t spam the elite skill in the light field quickly enough. You’ll also need to burn their Glint heal, so when they do, stop all attacks and try to hold off on reapplying your most powerful condis right before they need to use it because condis contribute to the healing.

in PvP

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

Idk if this is the case, but ventari rev seems susceptible to cc. I know the tablet can still do stuff, but to break a stun you have to switch legends and then the rev is basically a sitting duck at that point.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I saw a Ventari Rev believing to be immortal running mid get stomped under 4 seconds to 3 players (normal focus scenario).

Getting bursted by 3 people isn’t the best way to determine if a build is healthy for the game or not..

The knockback is indeed cancer. The build’s 10 times stronger than decap engi was, if that build had to be removed from the game then the logical step would be to gt rid of this too.

Of course if that happens Ventari is back to useless. Only a complete overhaul can fix that legend and revenant in general.

in PvP

Vitali.5039

I saw a Ventari Rev believing to be immortal running mid get stomped under 4 seconds to 3 players (normal focus scenario).

Getting bursted by 3 people isn’t the best way to determine if a build is healthy for the game or not..

The knockback is indeed cancer. The build’s 10 times stronger than decap engi was, if that build had to be removed from the game then the logical step would be to gt rid of this too.

Of course if that happens Ventari is back to useless. Only a complete overhaul can fix that legend and revenant in general.

Could not be the best way to determine if a build is healthy or not but the time-to-die can surely determine if a build is OP at the point of nerf.
Ventari Revenants die fast when focused, players should know how to deal with, bringing them to team fights and not trying to solo them on a point.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Could not be the best way to determine if a build is healthy or not but the time-to-die can surely determine if a build is OP at the point of nerf.
Ventari Revenants die fast when focused, players should know how to deal with, bringing them to team fights and not trying to solo them on a point.

That’s still only one scenario. Ventari’s main strength right now is how good it is as just going around the map decapping everything. There won’t be 3 people waiting at every single cap who have all CDs, and if 2-3 people would have to be assigned to do nothing but deal with the rev then that’s a pretty telling sing of being broken.

Most bunker builds should hardly ever die in 1v1, but that’s all they can do – survive. Ventari is unkillable in 1v1 and does more than that, technically it’s winning most 1v1s, just not by killing, instead through exploiting how conquest works.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The only game format in which ventari legend is remotely relevant is this one, and you want to nerf a bunker build that can’t kill anything and essentially is a boring turtle spec.

Guess no thieves or warriors will be happy if they can’t 3 shot every class in existence.

in PvP

Vitali.5039

That’s still only one scenario. Ventari’s main strength right now is how good it is as just going around the map decapping everything. There won’t be 3 people waiting at every single cap who have all CDs, and if 2-3 people would have to be assigned to do nothing but deal with the rev then that’s a pretty telling sing of being broken.

Most bunker builds should hardly ever die in 1v1, but that’s all they can do – survive. Ventari is unkillable in 1v1 and does more than that, technically it’s winning most 1v1s, just not by killing, instead through exploiting how conquest works.

CD aren’t needed to deal with ventari revenants in a fight group, only two seconds of CC and good coordinated burst. With my power necro I’ve killed many ventari revenants 1vs1 while they were trying to decap, losing only if the duel was turned into a 1vsX.

I suggest to not duel him once the point it’s decapped cause 1vs1 him takes too many time and its unprofitable.

In a group fight ventari revenants are weaker thanks to their allies picking up tablet’s fragments, many random conditions that can cover poison, and the weak stability they have. The tips are always the same: don’t eat blinds and don’t let him pick up fragments.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

the build is completely fine. it has the same purpose that decap engi had back in the days and while it might be frustrating for some people to play against it, there’s nothing wrong with it.

this is conquest and bunker decap rev is a build that makes use of the conquest mechanic. this game needs more builds like these, not necessarily decap builds but pocket off meta builds like venom share thief or trap ranger for example.

it’s a one dimensional build that has one job it does well and is basically useless for everything else. there are 2 other points, go make use of them and leave the rev where he is.

ah, and no, i don’t play decap builds but have played against them whenever they came up in history

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

the play style is toxic, unfun and promote unhealthy game play.

Bunkering/healing/support role is completely fine, but ventari rev play style is either but toxicity

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Bunkers with mobility in general are toxic. I have times when players just stop me from capping and then sit on the point just to contest it. This game still remains in a state were people rotate bunkers to points and barely even care about damage save one necro. If you do not bring 4 bunkers/bruisers it is an uphill battle. I have held 3 vs 1 to a point and I hardly even play as much as I used to.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Bunkers with mobility in general are toxic. I have times when players just stop me from capping and then sit on the point just to contest it. This game still remains in a state were people rotate bunkers to points and barely even care about damage save one necro. If you do not bring 4 bunkers/bruisers it is an uphill battle. I have held 3 vs 1 to a point and I hardly even play as much as I used to.

People bring 4 bunkers because unless you are a bunker, you cannot 1v1 a thief or warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: Psilence.2859

Psilence.2859

For me the main questions to ask when considering if something needs a nerf are:
1.) Are these builds fun to play (i.e. what is the skill floor and ceiling)?
2.) Are these builds fun to play against (i.e. is there reasonable counterplay)?
3.) Are these builds balanced? (i.e Are their abilities over or under-tuned compared to other classes?)

For Knockback spam Ventari Rev:
1.) Skill floor and ceiling are pretty low since there is little focus on actually winning duels just on spamming knockback to cap the point.
2.) Extremely unfun to play against… there is little counterplay since no class has stability uptime that can compete with knockback every 3-4 seconds, and even blinds/blocks/evades usually have too high of cooldowns to keep on the point, much less have a chance of winning a duel and killing the rev or even forcing it off the point. Most other bunker specs were nerfed to avoid them being able to hold 1v2+ too easily after sigil nerfs lowered damage output, this should be tuned to similar levels. It mostly just comes down to the KB cooldown being highly overtuned… the vast majority of knockbacks/launches have a cooldown of 15 s or greater for comparison and most of those are single target. Nerf the KB cooldown to at least 10 s and it’s still a decent decap/bunker build, but not nearly as toxic.
3.) In terms of winrate, I have less data to work with, but it doesn’t seem super unbalanced compared to other bunker specs provided the enemy team is on point with their rotation. Even with proper rotating though, it tends to just stall out the game which has a negative effect on matches overall.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

I don’t think the problem is Ventari Rev directly.
The direct problem was the stability nerfs intra-class wide.
And the implementation of too many boon removals vs. what little stability we have.

Though if you want a quick fix to Ventari Rev, the knockback on the elite needs to be about half the range that it is now. That frequent AoE knockback is too powerful in conquest after the stability nerfs. I mean, this spec could have 0 DPS but still be decapping nodes 1v3 out from under everyone. It’s a bit much. If the knockback was half range, they’d actually have to play wisely and catch players near the edge before pulsing, to be able to decap.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

I barely PvP anymore and I haven’t encountered this build, so I have no opinion either way.

For people curious about what the build is capable of (like I was), Brazil posted a video a couple hours ago-

I was laughing through most of it. It looks fun in a super trolly sort of way.

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

This build is so obnoxious. Needs to get looked at immediately.

(edited by Daharahj.1325)

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

this build has no dmg and that video just proved how bad players are actually in pvp nothing else…..power shatter mesmer can completely shut down ventari rev easily……..you have to time your ccs and burst and its over….also healing rev with glints heal is players fault its easy to see when he uses it on buffs of the player……pple need to know how to play first then scream for nerfs…..you wonder why there is no build diversity but when there is any non meta build for a class everyone on forum screams for nerfs cuz they want to play only their precious build……same for condi thief same will be with holosmith same will be with scourge after xpax……pple will scream for nerfs so those elite specs will go from hero to zero….

in PvP

Posted by: Noodica.5428

Noodica.5428

Ventari Revenant is currently a running kitten joke.

Midnight Mafia [MM]

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

I barely PvP anymore and I haven’t encountered this build, so I have no opinion either way.

For people curious about what the build is capable of (like I was), Brazil posted a video a couple hours ago-

I was laughing through most of it. It looks fun in a super trolly sort of way.

we saw engi and necro. engi cant do nothing versus rev. with blind so basically engi should go away.
necro can do something like poison chill and cripple the hell but he didnt . also why the hell fight on a cap point versus player who can hold it.

ranger also can hold versus engi or necro on a point while doing more dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

ventari rev is kitten while DH can kb kitten out of you and its okay pple dunno what they are saying tbh

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Ive only ran into 1, and I do mean 1 ventari rev I didn’t stomp into the ground

How anyones having issues fighting ventari rev is really beyond me

Necros, ranger, guard, and engi all do everything better than what ventari can soooooooo yeah

no

in PvP

Posted by: Blood.5607

Blood.5607

Necros, ranger, guard, and engi all do everything better than what ventari can soooooooo yeah

no

Speaking as one of the best Ventari revs on NA, the problem most people have fighting this spec is the fact that they can’t contest the node / kill the ventari. The build can 2v1, even 3v1 (if opponent team is kitten dumb). If the ventari rev knows how to use kite spots, rotate through its cleanse/alacrity heal (both consuming roughly the same energy) it can’t be killed in a 1v1 and could easily stall a 2v1. I’ve had almost no problems facing s/d condi thiefs (1v1) on the build nor any other class/spec. In terms of relating it to necro… that is odd. Since necro is designed to do damage, Ventari isn’t. Engi also doesn’t have as much knockback/decap potential as Ventari rev (side-node potential). The elixir X is its fastest way to get the decap (which has a 50/50 chance) . Ventari also dishes out more healing as a whole compared to engi (terms of team fight). Ranger, again, does not compete against its knockback nor support capabilities that Ventari currently has. It can be seen as an alternative Ele if not every other ventari played it for its selfish decap potential (more recent post about the ventari pushing 1v3 and dieing instantly). It has its pros/cons compared to a support ele.

Power Rev Main (But Ventari best)|Wanting to Buy Gift of Masteries + 77 clovers for 700g! Pm me

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

no

Speaking as one of the best Ventari revs on NA, the problem most people have fighting this spec is the fact that they can’t contest the node / kill the ventari. The build can 2v1, even 3v1 (if opponent team is kitten dumb). If the ventari rev knows how to use kite spots, rotate through its cleanse/alacrity heal (both consuming roughly the same energy) it can’t be killed in a 1v1 and could easily stall a 2v1. I’ve had almost no problems facing s/d condi thiefs (1v1) on the build nor any other class/spec. In terms of relating it to necro… that is odd. Since necro is designed to do damage, Ventari isn’t. Engi also doesn’t have as much knockback/decap potential as Ventari rev (side-node potential). The elixir X is its fastest way to get the decap (which has a 50/50 chance) . Ventari also dishes out more healing as a whole compared to engi (terms of team fight). Ranger, again, does not compete against its knockback nor support capabilities that Ventari currently has. It can be seen as an alternative Ele if not every other ventari played it for its selfish decap potential (more recent post about the ventari pushing 1v3 and dieing instantly). It has its pros/cons compared to a support ele.

I don’t disagree with what you said as I myself had a ridiculous ventari rev so I know what you meant

Ive seen a few engis and eles handle 3 ppl with ease

Rangers are just able to be tanky asf

I main necros most of the time, it has plenty of cleanse, healing, and tanking

Well it used to have plenty of tanking, my build used to be able to literally tank 3 ppl at a time on necros all while laughing and dishing out crazy damage, its no where near as tanky, but it still can soak damage

Guard can be incredibly tanky, I haven’t tried it myself but I have a friend who mains guard and his build is the same, tanky as ever

Idk I just don’t get how

Whether I’m running power or condi on any build I tend to handle ventari revs easier than I do shiro revs