Verdict on Berserkers

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

What’s your views now that we have had some time to get used to the changes?
Are Berserkers in the right spot now compared to other meta classes? Or do you feel they have too much sustain?
I fought good berserkers after the patch change many times on my power reaper and lost all of them despite having a few very good fights where I dodged a couple of their primal bursts and prevented their healing, got them down low but they still outlasted me by landing one primal burst on me.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

I feel personally that berserker is too powerful. They don’t sacrifice much in order to have high sustain, high damage (be it condi or power), and high defensive abilities (blocks, stances, high hp, high armor, etc.). It seems like it’s too easy to get everything now rather than having to invest more in order to be effective in a certain area.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Once condis are nerfed berserker sustain won’t be an issue. Power warriors are in a good spot IMO. Its condi warrior that is a bit over the top. Nerfing adrenaline health greatly will render power warrior useless (like they were in s1&2).

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

They’re really, really strong now (at least, Condi Warrior is). Adrenal Heal’s really easy to keep going, and its not like they don’t have the means to pin a target down to land their regular/primal bursts. Many Ive come across also know how to use their Resistance well to prevent getting wiped with condition pressure and Cleansing Ire further assists with Condi management. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Adrenal Heal got a small ICD to prevent constant stacking after this season, though.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

NiloyBardhan.9170

I feel personally that berserker is too powerful. They don’t sacrifice much in order to have high sustain, high damage (be it condi or power), and high defensive abilities (blocks, stances, high hp, high armor, etc.). It seems like it’s too easy to get everything now rather than having to invest more in order to be effective in a certain area.

Power warrior have 2.1k armor on zerk or marauder amulet. Stances are on high CDs. Adrenaline healing is conditional in the sense that it has to actually hit a target can be countered by blind spams. It looks over the top for condi build because conditions are broken atm.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Yeah I agree conditions in general are brokenly overturned by a huge margin not Berserkers.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Once condis are nerfed berserker sustain won’t be an issue. Power warriors are in a good spot IMO. Its condi warrior that is a bit over the top. Nerfing adrenaline health greatly will render power warrior useless (like they were in s1&2).

Power Berserker is in a good spot. That said, Power Berserker 100% hard counters condi berserker.

Power Thief, Rev, even Mesmer can beat a Power Berserker.

So no, there’s nothing wrong with berserker right now. Though I understand people are feeling the presence of wars regen. The only thing that makes berserker CRAZY is an ele on the same point providing support. Then the duo becomes immortal.

Cant blame berserker for ele being broke.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Ario.8964

Power warrior have 2.1k armor on zerk or marauder amulet. Stances are on high CDs. Adrenaline healing is conditional in the sense that it has to actually hit a target can be countered by blind spams. It looks over the top for condi build because conditions are broken atm.

Only beef i have with what you said is you can still achieve that high damage through demolisher. Their hp pool is high enough that they don’t need mara if they manage condis effectively and then they have huge damage, almost 20K hp, and almost 3k armor. What I’d like to see personally is base damage levels reduced if berserker will let them near spam primal bursts with an increase in scaling so berzerker ammy will still give them insane damage but mara and demo will not.

Though I agree after condis are nerfed, condi berserker should fall into line quite nicely.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Thing is, its actually quite easy to have perma 3 stacks of adrenal when you can spam a full charged burst skill every 3 secs

M I L K B O I S

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

EremiteAngel.9765

honestly I feel power reapers are short changed badly by this change of having to dodge a berserker’s primal burst.

We only got two dodges. and in that window, we have to down the berserker cycling through his immune pains and condi.
Our other defense was supposed to be reaper shroud, but defending with shroud is a lose against berserkers because they land their primal burst and heal!

I have personally felt I fought well a few times against good berserkers, ended up with low life on both of us, then he lands a primal burst on my shroud because I don’t have another dodge, then I watch his HP climb literally visible to 75% HP in a couple of seconds and my heart just sinks.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

The synergy of the weapon swap traits that Warr has always had paired with the short adrenaline bar of Berserkers is a little overtuned, perhaps making the bar longer would do much to alleviate their current domination.

For me, there are two separate issues with un-fun warrior play. The first is the Condi then CC while the condi ticks ability they have. Perhaps toning down the condi that can be applied with this strategy might work, or toning condition in general down. Even making the F1 less spammable would help, and maybe reducing the CC of Head Butt.
Personally, I’d hate to see a return to the Marauder power meta.

The second major annoyance I have is the ability of a warrior to disengage, wait for CD’s, then come back in at near full power very easily, which I think is the combination of the pulsing stability, resistance, and blocks for disengaging, and then healing signet and adrenal health for easily regaining health to reengage. Perhaps resistance needs to be changed to function as a more powerful protection against condition damage, rather than eliminating all conditions, especially soft CC.

Overall, though, berserker is just at the top of a tree of far too much passives that then require spammable actives in return. (CC vs stunbreaks, condi vs clear)

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

honestly I feel power reapers are short changed badly by this change of having to dodge a berserker’s primal burst.

We only got two dodges. and in that window, we have to down the berserker cycling through his immune pains and condi.

Every class aside from DD has two main dodges rofl. And as far as I can see, both Reapers and Berserkers are at the top of the food chain.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Absolutely everything you just mentioned is part of base warrior, not part of Berserker…tbh, you get more benefits from being a vanilla warrior with Str/Def/Disc than you do with the berserker line, its the low CD burst that synergize with traits that do all the work.

So what made it such a huge difference between S1/2 and now? Nothing really changed other than Adrenal Health. Condis are just stupidly broken, every season there is some condi build that poops on everything whether its mesmer, reaper, zerker, ranger, rev. Anet needs to fix condis is the bottom line.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Ario.8964

Absolutely everything you just mentioned is part of base warrior, not part of Berserker…tbh, you get more benefits from being a vanilla warrior with Str/Def/Disc than you do with the berserker line, its the low CD burst that synergize with traits that do all the work.

So what made it such a huge difference between S1/2 and now? Nothing really changed other than Adrenal Health. Condis are just stupidly broken, every season there is some condi build that poops on everything whether its mesmer, reaper, zerker, ranger, rev. Anet needs to fix condis is the bottom line.

I agree condis are a major factor in imbalance and i agree nerfs need to happen to adrenal health. BUT what i do not agree with is the statement that claims the problems are part of base warrior. The reason being that spammable burst skills from berserker are the reason it’s so deadly. If we only had to dodge the big bursts from base warrior there’d be no problem but unless you’re a daredevil you do not have enough dodges to avoid every burst skill they have and considering they hit for 5k+ in total damage (so condi based ones are factored in too) it’s a huge deal that they are spammable. Even glass thieves can’t spam that kind of damage reliably.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Personally I feel that adrenal health on base warrior is fine, what is a tad too strong is how primal bursts count as level 3 bursts and can be “spammed” to a point. 1k health regen is balanced in this meta vs current meta of other classes but I guess this is where someone posts that gif of a charr throwing class balance off the table for esports. Not enjoying the current balance of the game especially in WvW.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Keep your distance from a warrior and watch him go down. 1vs1 against a good warrior and your probably in trouble, keep them at range as they have very little to no gap close and watch them fall. Most peoples problems Vs warrior is the small area you have to fight on in conquest keeping you close, people seem to think they can face tank a warrior and win.

Pro tip, you can’t. Now keeping him at range so they can’t. Land there burst, and you win the fight every time.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Avoid damage while you dish it out and you win

What he said.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

and what do you want? warriors are the class with by far the highest armor/hp in game and a ton of defensive abilities

giving them the damage on par with other classes simply breaks it

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Spicy.2481

Spicy.2481

Why would anyone in their right mind play a power reaper? All of the necros weapons suitable for power builds are the worst in the game across all classes right now, atleast before anet decides to buff those weapons. Also you shouldn’t be fighting warrior 1v1 in the first place as necro that isn’t your role. If you still want to 1v1 the key to possibly win this matchup is boon corruption and poison. Still though I would suggest playing condi instead of power.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Every class aside from DD has two main dodges rofl. And as far as I can see, both Reapers and Berserkers are at the top of the food chain.

Warriors have blocks and Endure Pain, possibly double Endure Pain. Reapers do not have any defenses beyond those two dodges that cannot simply be powered through. There’s a reason that Reapers are always priority target no.1

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

power reapers

Reapers [..] at the top of the food chain.

:^)

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Ario.8964

Keep your distance from a warrior and watch him go down. 1vs1 against a good warrior and your probably in trouble, keep them at range as they have very little to no gap close and watch them fall. Most peoples problems Vs warrior is the small area you have to fight on in conquest keeping you close, people seem to think they can face tank a warrior and win.

Pro tip, you can’t. Now keeping him at range so they can’t. Land there burst, and you win the fight every time.

So what are thieves supposed to do? The class has no ranged burst capability and if you go in for a melee burst they will a) avoid the whole thing with invulns or b) put so much damage into you at the same time that you can’t recover and thus the fight is lost.

The issue with your statements is the fact that you are assuming that every class has a strong ranged option and the tankiness to take a few hits from the warrior, you didn’t take into account the class that has to dodge every single hit in the game or get 1/2 it’s hp taken away instantly.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

I got a feeling Adrenal Health is going to get hit with the nerf bat you can bet on it. The ease of you being able to keep up 3 stacks and the fact that warrior already has such high HP, armor, , CC, coupled with berserker stance, endure pain throw in some boons and you’re golden.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

NiloyBardhan.9170

I got a feeling Adrenal Health is going to get hit with the nerf bat you can bet on it. The ease of you being able to keep up 3 stacks and the fact that warrior already has such high HP, armor, , CC, coupled with berserker stance, endure pain throw in some boons and you’re golden.

Except adrenaline health, warriors had all those you mentioned in s1 and 2 and yet they were trash. Endure pain has 1/15th uptime (2/15 with auto proc trait), zerker stance (without traited and 0% boon duration) has 1/5 uptime, Warriors were king of CCs much before HoT launched and high hp/armor means nothing when its the only class with no protection access of its own. The only major thing that has changed is the adrenaline health rework which I agree needs to be toned downed a bit but increase the healing coefficient with healing power.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So what are thieves supposed to do? The class has no ranged burst capability and if you go in for a melee burst they will a) avoid the whole thing with invulns or b) put so much damage into you at the same time that you can’t recover and thus the fight is lost.

The issue with your statements is the fact that you are assuming that every class has a strong ranged option and the tankiness to take a few hits from the warrior, you didn’t take into account the class that has to dodge every single hit in the game or get 1/2 it’s hp taken away instantly.

Thief has a lot of evade frames on there skills, 3 dodges and stealth. I’ve been wasted by many a good evade thief. A skilled thief can handle a warrior, a bad one can not. It is that simple.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Condi Berserker feels like it has just a bit too much of either sustain or damage for the amount of CC they can put out. Yes its telegraphed but their ARE only so many dodges you have access to. And not every class is going to have extra evades or blocks.

POWER berserker feels amazing to fight from my perspective. And some of the MOST intense fights for me. And when I fight one it actually feels like an even fight. He has his toolset and I have mine. Whereas when fighting the condi variant it feels like an uphill fight where I to “grind my skull” so to speak through various abilities the condi berserker has before I can start fighting him evenly. And then I have a limited time window to be effective before it starts up again. And if I DIDN’T kill him completely in that time window odds are ill have lost so much damage from dodging his key attacks or being cc’d by them that hel have recovered most if not all of his health.

Ghost Yak

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

To be honest I think the only thing on berserker to be nerfed is the condi aplication. And MAYBE the range of gs prima burst.
Then warrior its ok

Parabrezza

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Sheltron.2190

Sheltron.2190

The problem with berserker is spam able burst. Vanilla warrior required skill to master and was huge reward when mastered. But berserker you can go on point and have a spam fest and get top damage in a ranked match the first time you touch warrior. The bar refill should be slowed dramatically and the damage should be needed because if the spam. A berserker now is pretty much like a tanks theif w no stealth and better damage and way more survive. It is absurd. And don’t get me wrong I love warrior and I always have since vanilla but I play the vanilla version cuz it seems to be more fun to fight with and not so shallow to play. The bar needs to be slowed and lengthened as well as a fm get nerf. But most of all gw2 needs a condo nerf. Every patch has a condi build that wipes the floor with everyone and it happens to be berserker this time. Pls fix anet

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

EremiteAngel.9765

I think you quoted only a portion of what I wrote without taking the rest of the post into consideration and thus interpreted my post out of context.

What I meant was, reapers have 2 dodges, and shroud as a defensive mechanism. But shroud is a defensive mechanism that fails against a berserker because it takes the damage, not negate it. And you can’t tank a primal burst because you allow berserkers to trigger adrenal health and heal their way to victory. Which is why I was arguing that the need to negate primal bursts puts reapers at a major disadvantage compared to other classes.

That said, although I really dislike condi reapers compared to the more exciting pure power reapers, it is now, as a few posters here suggest, possibly my only viable option against berserkers.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

negate burst …. I play warrior als alt and with berserker I have a lot´s of bursts…. I had no problem with axe or mace to hit at least one out of two and missing with sword is near impossible ….

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: RydeWolf.3927

RydeWolf.3927

The only thing warrior needs to be toned down is the condi aspect of it. Like previous post mentioned, without the required adrenal health, warriors in general will not have enough sustains to survive bursts thrown at them and it will be pre-patch all over again.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Things i don´t like so much:
Defence is now mandatory.
Skull grinder is too condi heavy. More control would be nicer like 2s daze + 2 seconds fear instead of bleed and confusion.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I think you quoted only a portion of what I wrote without taking the rest of the post into consideration and thus interpreted my post out of context.

What I meant was, reapers have 2 dodges, and shroud as a defensive mechanism. But shroud is a defensive mechanism that fails against a berserker because it takes the damage, not negate it. And you can’t tank a primal burst because you allow berserkers to trigger adrenal health and heal their way to victory. Which is why I was arguing that the need to negate primal bursts puts reapers at a major disadvantage compared to other classes.

That said, although I really dislike condi reapers compared to the more exciting pure power reapers, it is now, as a few posters here suggest, possibly my only viable option against berserkers.

Yeah, think how I feel playing power shatter when berserkers can proc it off my clones and kill the resource for my class mechanic. Nightmare fighting them if a clone is left out in some way, even worse on base mesmer where clones take their sweet time detonating.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

EremiteAngel.9765

Yeah, think how I feel playing power shatter when berserkers can proc it off my clones and kill the resource for my class mechanic. Nightmare fighting them if a clone is left out in some way, even worse on base mesmer where clones take their sweet time detonating.

true I didnt think about that. this is terrible.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The problem with berserker is spam able burst. Vanilla warrior required skill to master and was huge reward when mastered. But berserker you can go on point and have a spam fest and get top damage in a ranked match the first time you touch warrior. The bar refill should be slowed dramatically and the damage should be needed because if the spam. A berserker now is pretty much like a tanks theif w no stealth and better damage and way more survive. It is absurd. And don’t get me wrong I love warrior and I always have since vanilla but I play the vanilla version cuz it seems to be more fun to fight with and not so shallow to play. The bar needs to be slowed and lengthened as well as a fm get nerf. But most of all gw2 needs a condo nerf. Every patch has a condi build that wipes the floor with everyone and it happens to be berserker this time. Pls fix anet

Condi War wipe the floor? Power War/berserker eats condi berserker alive. Boonstripping the war’s resistance leaves him susceptible to condi bombs (power chrono, support chrono, condi chrono with null field). Sustained power damage will wear through the condi war’s defenses, same as fighting war has always been. Just got to bait out the blocks and endure pains, then churn through what armor/hp they have left after that. Team focus with the support (ele) down does the trick.

Then more than that besides, but w/e, go learn yourself.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Yeah. At this point in time I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with warriors at this point. I at first was open to the possibility that conditions might need a small shave. But now I’m like naw men. Both condi builds have weaknesses have distinct weaknesses. Ragezerker has only condi cleanse via cleansing ire(which has them sacrifice rousing resiliance in a meta where hybrid damage is a thing plus they use kittening vipers amulet for kittens sake) and resistance via healing signet(which takes away passive healing for 20 sec) and bezerker stance at a 60 sec CD. Plus they are friggin double melee, Not one melee and one ranged. No litterally double melee I emphasize again. That makes it easy to kite if u pay attention. They are completely justified in thier damage output and in no way deserve nerfs.

Macebow. has no condi damage whatsoever wth maceshield unless they go in berserk mode. and thier longbow attacks are slow they only apply AOE burn and bleed on thier bow even if they use bow in berserker mode. the amount of conditions applied is low even if the stacks are high making it perfectly cleansable even with low condi cleanse classes, bleed and burn is quite tame compared to what mesmers, revenants and necromancers can disch out.blocks, aegis and projeticle hate will still be quite helpfull againss the slow kitten bow. Mace shield suffers from the same problem as ragezerker. u can kite them.

Macebow is tankier then ragezerker for sacrificing the incredible condi burst ragezerker can provide. seems fair to me. espically since thier condi output is quite tame when not in berserker mode which is more then a fair opening to deal with them. some classes deal condi’s regardless of a tranformation or changing stances or whatever mechanic is added. seems fair to me.

Verdict on Berserkers

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Kiting and pressuring a Warrior at a distance isn’t really an issue….in WvW where you have lots of open space to move about. Its not quite the same in sPVP, especially when trying to keep a point.

Even less on smaller points like home/far in a number of maps.

You’ll either have to be able to face tank them to an extent, or give it up for decap in hopes of pressuring them at a distance unless someone +1s most of the time. In that sort of setting, I wouldnt really call range pressure/kiting a weakness.

(edited by Euthymias.7984)