Warrior healing signet pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Naevia Mercer.8671

Naevia Mercer.8671

I would like to propose an update of the warrior healing signet! Since the beginning of this game warriors have never even thought about which healing skill to use in conquest.

The signet gives passive heals so that is already a major plus because it cannot be interrupted & has no casting time. It also allows you to play aggresively all the time. Warrior already has a lot of immunities so a perma heal & heavy armor added to that gives you a lot of sustainability. You only ever use it when you’re about to die just so you can live 3 seconds longer, or (maybe) when you are in a massive condi kittenstorm.
-> perma unlimited heals without having to do anything = fun ? no, so listen up.

I would suggest to lower the passive regen and change the active effect. Obviously the passive effect should be lowered, and then the active effect could be to give increased regen over a short period of time (maybe also add some resistance to that) This way a warrior now has to think about playing aggresively/deffensively without losing the passive heal which warriors need because they have no brain

Does anyone have numbers on the actual healing compared to other healing skills? The version history shows that the healing has been reduced by 8% and later increased by 5%. They also added the resistance to the active effect. So you could say it even got stronger.

Thoughts?

Short side note: I feel like skull grinder emote isn’t timed correctly; it applies stun & condi before it actually lands making it very difficult to dodge. Has anyone else noticed this?

in PvP

Posted by: Coolguy.8702

Coolguy.8702

No thank you, only nerf warrior needs is arc divider to have reduced range, or if you want to nerf them then nerf all classes so that way warrior without sustain can actually be good in pvp instead of it being the trash it was back at HoT release

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Short side note: I feel like skull grinder emote isn’t timed correctly; it applies stun & condi before it actually lands making it very difficult to dodge. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes.

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

So healing signet regen is pretty low, all of warrior’s healing these days comes from the trait adrenal health. The signet is basically like a panic button when they get condi bombed as it gives them resistance . Other heals the other warrior has all rely on you or your opponent doing something in order to proc the heal. For example Blood Reckoning heals for a lot but requires you to land damage, if your opponent sees that and runs away from you, you effectively get no healing. Same goes for Defiant Stance, in order to maximize that heal your opponent has to damage you while it is cast. This makes it rather difficult to successfully pull of your heal in PvP

Most warriors take the signet for the passive healing stat bonus because it synergizes really well with adrenal health and the resistance on cast, they don’t take it for the actual regen it has.

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

Probably a latency issue

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

im not sure if youre familiar w/ healing signet already been nerf. if you been playing since HOT release warriors actually dies for lack of sustain. so adrenal health got buff… so the massive heal tick you see from warriors is from adrenal health + healsig passive.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Robban.1256

Robban.1256

Here’s little info how much each heals gives

[Purple Miku.7032:
Healing
Comparisons between our heals to show how much hp/min you heal with them:
Healing Signet – 382 hp every 1 sec * 60 = 22,920 hp/min
Mending – 6520hp every 20 sec * 3 = 19,560 hp/min
To the limit– 9100 hp every 30 sec (with full adrenaline) = 18,200 hp/min
Defiant Stance – varies too much(1853 base)
To the limit has little use now due to the fact that adrenaline is lost quickly when not in combat. ]
Hot healing:Blood reckoning 3230hp/20 sec*3= 9260hp/min

(edited by Robban.1256)

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Core warrior is fine. Berserker just needs a few tweaks to it, like reducing range on arc divider and also making primal bursts count as T1 adrenaline skills.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

oh my god it’s a time traveler!

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Core warrior is fine. Berserker just needs a few tweaks to it, like reducing range on arc divider and also making primal bursts count as T1 adrenaline skills.

This, we really won’t want warrior to become unusable by overdone nerfs (Rev), cause it just becomes a kittening cycle. Tired of so much bad balancing.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

[Purple Miku.7032:
Healing
To the limit has little use now due to the fact that adrenaline is lost quickly when not in combat. ]

Didn’t he stop playing well before HoT during that epic content drought? Something worth noting though is that healing sig scales terribly while both mending and to the limit scale really well with healing power, especially the latter with vigorous shouts. I miss shoutbow.

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

With no investment into healing power warrior can easily reach the top healing from the team. Using the most offensive amulet and reaching the top healing in the same time is just stupid designe.

in PvP

Posted by: Soltar.9643

Soltar.9643

lol rev isnt unusable, dont talk kitten

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

lol rev isnt unusable, dont talk kitten

I think for the majority of the PvP community it is.

Ive done some matches recently after saying i wouldnt play this season.

Seeing a rev in general is rare. When i was teamed with some other players in silver – t1 gold. I would target the rev simply because they have been nerfed and only good players know how to survive it.

I mean even in gold 3 and plat 1 when i was a rev it was iffy.

So just from my experience there might not be as many good revs and its a class where the ceiling is higher then a warrior, DH and thief a class that can replace a rev.

in PvP

Posted by: Soltar.9643

Soltar.9643

kkk, in the higher tier (Plat etc.) u see almost everygame at least one rev lul

in PvP

Naevia Mercer.8671

im not sure if youre familiar w/ healing signet already been nerf. if you been playing since HOT release warriors actually dies for lack of sustain. so adrenal health got buff… so the massive heal tick you see from warriors is from adrenal health + healsig passive.

April 15, 2014
Reduced the passive heal by 8%.
January 26, 2016
The passive healing based on level from this signet has been increased by 5%.

Pretty much the same really. I like that there is some play with adrenaline using adrenal health. But maybe it shouldn’t give max stacks when using primal burst skill.

in PvP

Naevia Mercer.8671

[Purple Miku.7032:
Healing

Didn’t he stop playing well before HoT during that epic content drought? Something worth noting though is that healing sig scales terribly while both mending and to the limit scale really well with healing power, especially the latter with vigorous shouts. I miss shoutbow.

Well, if you want to use healing for real then you will probably not take the signet as it only heals yourself. This also shows to me that there is something seriously wrong. A signet that heals you all the time without having the possiblity of being interrupted / not timed correctly should never result in more healing than the other available skills. The signet will always give you the maximum amount of healing whereas the other skills can be used too early / too late … which are disadvantages.

in PvP

Naevia Mercer.8671

So healing signet regen is pretty low, all of warrior’s healing these days comes from the trait adrenal health. The signet is basically like a panic button when they get condi bombed as it gives them resistance . Other heals the other warrior has all rely on you or your opponent doing something in order to proc the heal. For example Blood Reckoning heals for a lot but requires you to land damage, if your opponent sees that and runs away from you, you effectively get no healing. Same goes for Defiant Stance, in order to maximize that heal your opponent has to damage you while it is cast. This makes it rather difficult to successfully pull of your heal in PvP

Most warriors take the signet for the passive healing stat bonus because it synergizes really well with adrenal health and the resistance on cast, they don’t take it for the actual regen it has.

There is also mending and to the limit, which would be a nice warrior heal seeing that it synergizes with adrenaline. Sadly though nobody wants to use it because the signet is just too good. You say it synergizes with adrenal health, but in fact it just does exactly the same and does not benefit from one another in any way. So to me there is no ‘synergy’ there.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

[Purple Miku.7032:
Healing

Well, if you want to use healing for real then you will probably not take the signet as it only heals yourself. This also shows to me that there is something seriously wrong. A signet that heals you all the time without having the possiblity of being interrupted / not timed correctly should never result in more healing than the other available skills. The signet will always give you the maximum amount of healing whereas the other skills can be used too early / too late … which are disadvantages.

Well the counter to healing signet used to be keep poison on the warrior as it reduced the healing by a lot and short of using the signet or using zerker stance the warrior couldn’t do that much about it. Bearing in mind this was before HoT where warrior condition cleansing they had to mostly build for and run weapons that were support and not damage orientated, trooper runes, traited warhorn etc.

What HoT and berserker brought though was incredible condition clearing potential via cleansing ire and the insanely fast recharging of lvl 3 burst skills thus completely negating yet another balancing point.

To add, the advantages of a skill you use to heal is that it lets you wait out poison to heal at full and choose when to heal, this is a trade off for going HS which because of above is no longer a trade off.

in PvP

Naevia Mercer.8671

Probably a latency issue

No I encounter it in games where I have 0 latency issues. If somebody could be able to view it in slowmotion that would be great. Because really half a second is what makes the difference here. Just little tweaks to make the game feel better.

in PvP

OriOri.8724

[Purple Miku.7032:
Healing

Well the counter to healing signet used to be keep poison on the warrior as it reduced the healing by a lot and short of using the signet or using zerker stance the warrior couldn’t do that much about it. Bearing in mind this was before HoT where warrior condition cleansing they had to mostly build for and run weapons that were support and not damage orientated, trooper runes, traited warhorn etc.

What HoT and berserker brought though was incredible condition clearing potential via cleansing ire and the insanely fast recharging of lvl 3 burst skills thus completely negating yet another balancing point.

To add, the advantages of a skill you use to heal is that it lets you wait out poison to heal at full and choose when to heal, this is a trade off for going HS which because of above is no longer a trade off.

Yea, poison doesn’t really work against a class with such ridiculous resistance uptime and condi cleanse at the same time.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

[Purple Miku.7032:
Healing

Yea, poison doesn’t really work against a class with such ridiculous resistance uptime and condi cleanse at the same time.

that resistance gets cut down by a ton the second we use healing signet. you do realize it doesnt work on cooldown correct? you cant have a passive heal AND have insane resistance.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Nice try, except that the signet is not your only source of resistance. Not to mention, that poison should also be a counter to adrenal health, not just the healing signet, except that you still have ridiculously high condi clear and access to resistance.