Warrior is a little too strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

only half joking

That Bristleback isn’t joking.

The shield stance and double Endure pain ain’t joking either, also what happened to dodge?

Not to derail the thread but DH’s have been asking about dodge for ages. Seems people are as good at dodging traps as they are Bristleback attacks.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Mushin.3928

Mushin.3928

I’m a lowly silver player, but warrior doesn’t seem OP to me. If you kite out the berserk (admittedly not easy) you can substantially reduce its effectiveness. I play druid and I basically just try to stealth/run away when warrior goes berserk, or immob him if I can. Warrior is the counterpart to DH, the damage comes to you instead of you stepping in the damage.

Other classes seem stronger for PvP, like thief and mesmer, because they can do a lot of damage AND move across the map quickly. Warrior seems to be mostly about single point control, his map movement isn’t so great. Right now I have more troubles with thieves than anything else.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Whether warrior is OP or not is up for debate; however what I cannot deal with is when abilities are so blatantly broken and remain so for this long. Let’s look at two abilities, and you can go down the line with any profession, that simply need balancing. In general, abilities should not provide both offensive and defensive capabilities and both Endure Pain and Berserker Stance do just that. It should be a give and take and not pop an immunity (to any damage type) and power forward and unload your damage. A balanced ability would be:

Endure Pain-for its duration, out going damage is reduced by X%
Berserker Stance-for its duration, health regeneration from all resources should be reduced by X%

You can do this with a large number of abilities in GW2. There are way too many abilities that are not properly balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

@Balian.5314

phanta beat tarcis 1 vs 1 on point in the last tournament in a ranger vs warrior. Tarcis was coming from mid but it makes no difference.

You cant get any better on warrior then tarcis.

Please write more really long counter posts which have no actual facts.

LOL you literally wrote that warriors do everything well too, yeah please show me that support build?

Ohh yeah and show me a sustain build because once the 2 stances are up in a 2 vs 2 say good night. And all the amulets are basically beserker amulets except for 3 of them.

Like what are you trying to say with the post?

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Whether warrior is OP or not is up for debate; however what I cannot deal with is when abilities are so blatantly broken and remain so for this long. Let’s look at two abilities, and you can go down the line with any profession, that simply need balancing. In general, abilities should not provide both offensive and defensive capabilities and both Endure Pain and Berserker Stance do just that. It should be a give and take and not pop an immunity (to any damage type) and power forward and unload your damage. A balanced ability would be:

Berserker Stance-for its duration, health regeneration from all resources should be reduced by X%

You can do this with a large number of abilities in GW2. There are way too many abilities that are not properly balanced.

Life steal goes threw endure the pain, resistance can be stolen which is why you will see new warrior players be like WTF i had my stances up.

Warrior doesnt have distortion or renewed focus or go into mini form to be invulnerable. It has counters.

in PvP

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Warrior is strong? Oh good news! Seriously – facing warr is now more enjoyable.… I am ok with his block – I use unblock dmg skill. I am ok with his endure pain – time to drink coffe in middle of duel. I am ok with his resistance (who this seasson kitten using condi? Chrono? With AA boonstrip? Lolz)

I expect more discuss about toon down some DH blocks and give them something equal for this, or give some unblock skills to other classes.… but seriously warr?

No, Sometimes warr defeat me, but it’s only because I make some mistakes. Buff his other weapons(no rifle but hammer please) I wish to see more builds

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Warriors have niche counters like stealth, kiting, mobility etc. Timed dodges help.

in PvP

Posted by: Balian.5314

Balian.5314

@Balian.5314

phanta beat tarcis 1 vs 1 on point in the last tournament in a ranger vs warrior. Tarcis was coming from mid but it makes no difference.

You cant get any better on warrior then tarcis.

Please write more really long counter posts which have no actual facts.

LOL you literally wrote that warriors do everything well too, yeah please show me that support build?

Ohh yeah and show me a sustain build because once the 2 stances are up in a 2 vs 2 say good night. And all the amulets are basically beserker amulets except for 3 of them.

Like what are you trying to say with the post?

Last tournament? Oh! Before the nerf to CA and staff?!

U wanna see a support build? Hell just go zerker, DPS = support. Sheesh kinda sick of repeating myself.

Here’s the thing, if people don’t see the self sustain vs personal dmg output (don’t forget the multiple CCs) on a warrior as an issue, there won’t be this thread.

Do I think ele and ranger healbots are an issue? No. Why? Because they actually trade damage, vit/toughness to be a healbot.

What trade off does a warrior make? “I don’t need to trade kitten coz my base hp and armor is high enough, ima run zerker ammy” and “dang u guys gotta press so many buttons to heal?! presses f1”, during the duration people are healing, u just focus on ur CCs and burst coz your HP bar magically refills itself.

How can a person paint warriors to be in such a pale light and make them sound so weak when warriors use zerker in PvP AND WvW. Do you understand the logic of warriors running zerker ammy? I doubt so. People run zerker ammy to pump out massive dmg so that they can end fights within their stances, blocks and auto refilling hp.

I am not saying warriors are OP nonetheless. But quit making the class sound so pitiful. Again, if damage isn’t support to you, how the kitten are you gonna force out opponent’s heals and defensive CDs. It’s like saying a soldier doesn’t need weapons in a war, just body armor and med packs. A soldier provides ‘cover fire’ to suppress enemy fire (playing defensively). Is that not called SUPPORT?!

Ain’t even talking about pro-league play or w/e. Just plain old common sense.

Duh~ so what are YOU trying to say?

(edited by Balian.5314)

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

I just dont like Mace F1 being so strong compared to Axe or Hammer..
i miss Hammer warrior :-(

in PvP

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

If they just get rid of the passive endure pain all together, it would still be a strong team fighting class, but not able to stand in zergs with the enemy unable to do anything to them for 30 seconds (ish). That’s simply too much.

I don’t trust you to make good judgements on the state of this class if you think that endure pain allows warriors to stand in zergs for 30 seconds (ish) without having anything happen to them. Even if that’s hyperbole, you’re sending the wrong message.

Endure pain util, endure pain trait proc, shield block, mace 2 block, and dodges. Thats about 30 seconds.

Relax, and think about what someone said before you get all up in arms.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Life steal goes threw endure the pain, resistance can be stolen which is why you will see new warrior players be like WTF i had my stances up.

Warrior doesnt have distortion or renewed focus or go into mini form to be invulnerable. It has counters.

That’s not even a proper defense for the state of those abilities. Life steal going through endure pain is such a minor inconvenience it’s not even worth mentioning. Berserker stance pulses resistance, so even when you’re chaining corrupts or steals it’s back up.

Again, it’s not just those two abilities; it’s anything similar with regard to defensive abilities and offensive output (there should always be a tradeoff). Look at how Elixir S used to work; you used to be able to use utilities like grenade kit while invulnerable. There’s no place, in balanced gameplay, for abilities like this to exist in their current form. I can continue to list, as well as others, abilities that need adjustments. It’s a whole design philosophy that A-net has failed at.

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Life steal going through endure pain is such a minor inconvenience it’s not even worth mentioning. Berserker stance pulses resistance, so even when you’re chaining corrupts or steals it’s back up.

Revenants almost ignore Endure Pain/Defy pain completely thanx tho there Life steal traits and heal skill that does lifesteal dmg also.

Berserker stance should be kited, healing signet is a simple corrupt.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Are people seriously comparing mesmer and thief to warrior/dragonhunter?……MMOs these days….

Yes mesmer and thief are strong but…they have dozen of counters, which are available to all professions…in warrior/dragonhunter case the “counters” are available to 1/2 profession when played correctly and that’s the reason dh/war get stacked…wee have only niche counters to these specs , counters that require 3x the effort and skill level.

Warrior/Dragonhunter are easy to play allrounder builds, too much…for too little effort

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Endure pain isn’t a invul and I wish people would stop acting like it is. EP is only immunity to power damage. You can still CC and condi stack during it.

I don’t even understand why this thread is a thing when power rev does everything better than power warrior.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I dont know what this thread is, you have people arguing that DPS is support, ok i guess if you want to call it something its not. Semantics i guess then other people ignoring the obvious counters.

Seriously ive been in gold 3- plat 2 all season and at no time have there been warrior stacking.

Ive taken screen shots of about 1/2 my games i complain about having the trio of mesmer or thieves on my team which never end well. I watch for Anet MM when it comes down to how people play against certain comps. I complain about MM when im seeing the top 200 players in the game and im losing 15+ rating when losing to them.

But here we have people complaining about things as iff there are no counters. A few of which i know for certain are not the best players. Which goes back to who does Anet balance the game for.

When im in a game and we have a thief, mesmer, DH and necro. And someone asks what do we need? And the team says support no one switches to warrior. They switch to engy,ele or ranger.

Seriously ive played against the ESL level player thief this season and he beat me 1 vs 1 when i was on my warrior. It took him a second waiting for me to use my stances. Running in and out of the fight but guess what he won.

Players who run revs have a complaint, players who complain about build diversity have a complaint, you can even complain about Match Making and the class stacking. Heck lets just throw in the whole HOT spec lines issue, that be fine.

But saying warrior is too strong in this current meta shows the lack of understanding in a 5 vs 5 PvP conquest match. If this wasnt a solo que season and you were faced to fight 3-4-5 premades we wouldnt be talking about warriors.

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Endure pain isn’t a invul and I wish people would stop acting like it is. EP is only immunity to power damage. You can still CC and condi stack during it.

I don’t even understand why this thread is a thing when power rev does everything better than power warrior.

I’d recon they’d say because Warrior does have passive EP and utility and that weakness they used to have of EP only affecting power damage gets soft covered by Berserk Mode, with pulsing stab and spammable F1 for 3+ condi clear procs and 1 on swap, with resistance access.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast